Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn - Out Now on PS3 & PS4 - 4/11: PS3-to-PS4 Transfer Live!

Link to that?

First ive hard ive it. Have heard nothing about wanting to carter more to the small Hard cores that play. If the clear rate for it isnt where they like it they will add echos and nerf it.

That comment about crafted gear is pretty funny.  For a while there and even to this day 4-6 pieces of crafted gear are BiS for bard.  I run a no SS crafted BiS set, using the crafted hat, scarf, earrings, and ring.  It's not true BiS but it's within 1 DPS of it and I'm living the dream of zero SS other than base.  Personally, I like the fact that crafted plays a role in BiS setups because what good is 4star gear if it's not sought by raiders?  Casual players who don't raid have no need of it anyway plus the high cost of materia leaves it out of reach of those players regardless.

Hell, our BiS chestpiece in all setups is still the 120 demon tabard from WoD so if they really want to apologize for something; they should start with the shit itemization.

Last edited by a moderator:
The "BiS" BRD crit build isn't worth it unless you're swimming in gil, the dps increase is pretty insignificant. 

Also you're from Lamia right? I was testing to see how bad FCOB DF was and actually ended up clearing T13 a couple times through DF, pretty shocking, I think most of the people in there said they were from Lamia. 

We got like 3-4 people their first kills, it was kinda funny. (also funny that both DRG's have weakness)

HGqlTAx.jpg

Oh yeah, I know Aya Liz lol.  No idea about the rest though.  I really think people don't give Lamia enough credit.  It's not raider central, but it's not complete shit.  Plenty of quality players here but way more casuals than most.  I tend to join PF groups just to help with clears and that's the mentality of a lot of people here so shit gets done for the lesser players.  I've seen a lot of praise on Reddit even for our server so IDK, I'm pretty pleased with it. =)

Talked to Liz this morning and they remember the "three melee group" lol.

Also, do not like the primal pony music. :(  It actually makes me want to use them less now but not that big of a stretch since I only really use Fenrir and a few other mounts anyway.

Talked to Liz this morning and they remember the "three melee group" lol.

Also, do not like the primal pony music. :( It actually makes me want to use them less now but not that big of a stretch since I only really use Fenrir and a few other mounts anyway.
It was actually 4(was in NiN), I had them kick me so I could come back as BRD. Megaflares were too fkn messy lol.

And can't you just turn off mount music?

You can turn it off but it turns ALL mount music off.  Some music is good, like the magitek and I still like the regular mount music as just ambient while riding.

Hi guys, what is the best way to level a second class (archer)? No one is really doing FATEs on my server. 

Hmm, so I'm trying to figure out what class I wanna main in HW. Are PLDs still in a really shitty place compared to WAR? Realistically WAR is the only thing I can easily transition to, and I'm okay with remaining a tank.

I see many more WARs in the raids I'm queue into, and I remember back in the day they were just straight up better than PLDs at almost everything.

Literally a million quests I had to do in the past week to get caught up on the story questline and all the random ass "for fun" stuff they added in the last 5 major patches >.<

Am I gated out of Chocobo Training because I don't have an FC house? I'm the GM of my own FC just cause I like the extra inventory space, but obviously I don't have my own housing...

I feel like a bunch of the features they announced for Heavensward are also gonna be gated due to me not doing anything with my FC. Is that correct? (airships, workshops, etc..)

Am I gated out of Chocobo Training because I don't have an FC house? I'm the GM of my own FC just cause I like the extra inventory space, but obviously I don't have my own housing...

I feel like a bunch of the features they announced for Heavensward are also gonna be gated due to me not doing anything with my FC. Is that correct? (airships, workshops, etc..)
You can feed the normal Choco foods while battling and not just at the stables. You may not be able to use the Racing feeds without the stable though, never tried it since I have never done the racing yet.

The foods to change the chocos color you will not be able to use inless they changed it recently, they need to be on the stable 6 hours for it to take effect

That's quite disappointing. That damn lvl. 30 quest in one of the Shrouds is just gonna stare at me forever. Do none of you think it's strange how Square is handling the expansion? I'm so used to WoW where there's a closed beta, and everything is datamined. There's no theorycrafting, there's no information on like anything about Heavensward. Going into a blind is exciting on one hand, but terrible for preparation. Even major systems/mechanics haven't been explained...

Hmm, so I'm trying to figure out what class I wanna main in HW. Are PLDs still in a really shitty place compared to WAR? Realistically WAR is the only thing I can easily transition to, and I'm okay with remaining a tank.
WAR has just benefitted from rising ilvls more than PLD because of their versatility and parry being a dead stat. They can pull monstrous DPS while OT'ing so good ones are highly sought. I've personally been playing mine lately to get the playdough bear (30 more runs to go) and it has been pretty sick compared to 123pallyLoL.

And yeah, Bo's are only gated for feeding exp and color changing food by FC stables; you can do everything else otherwise. Racing Bo's are completely independent of battle, so they're totally ungated.

Wow's ingame economy is complete shit because everything is forewarned and crafted items hold no value. I hate WoW and Blizzard's shit attitude of our way or the highway in terms of changing, so I don't miss those shitlords at all. I'm fine with how SE is handling the expansion, but the dailies need to go. Beastmen dailies were everything I fucking hated about WoW and it was a relief to be done with them everytime. I've found plenty of fun things to do even to this day without need of feeling like I need to log on and do my "chores". What they do need more of is things like gathering your daily map or daily scratch card in GS. Things that are instantly rewarding and easy to do without needing to pick up quests are what people want SE. Yoshi-Pls!

Yeah I like doing the Minicactpot and treasure maps. Currently working through the Ixal dailies and man, that shit would've saved me so much time while leveling my crafting classes up but I'm all maxed :/

IDK about the economy in FFXIV. Seems like it's fueled quite heavily by botters.

I don't think I'll have time to level WAR to 50 before the xpac unless I FATE grind, which I won't do. Maybe I'll just go DRK, even though there's literally no information out on it. Lol.

I have no clue how to go about upping my iLvl for the crafting/gathering classes. Is there any way for me to start getting the Artisan pieces without melding materia into Patrician/class-specific greens?

Too boring for my tastes. I can barely handle the daily low level roulette... Once in a while I get turtle DPS and tanks who tank maybe 1 mob at most and just have to get my face beat in while I spam Medica cause everyone is doing their own shit.

Yeah, I hate leveling TBH.  At higher levels you just need so much exp it becomes a grind and unfun.  Really not looking forward to the expansion and having to level all the classes to 60.

It was fine when you had quests to complete (on your first class), but every other class it was just a terrible grind.

Sitting here at work sneaking peaks at the live letter lol.  So far the new skill animations presentation was pretty hype but machinist and bard animations were meh.  Looks like bard gets a new song to play that 99% of the time won't be played in DF #confirmed.

That DRK gap closer though. . .:O

Ha, they're copying assassination rogue's ability to extend/refresh Huton (slice and dice) somehow for NIN.  Gee gee SE.

Really don't like what they're doing with bard; mobility is a strength of the class and having to switch stances for barrage or to move seems tedious and unnecessary. :S

BRD might be decent DPS class now though since the the song is basically like Cleric, and you stance dance from support to dps, still it changes the spirit of BRD which is mobility. Kinda torn on this one, basically turning into a BLM. 

Yeah, from what I understand you need to cast the song (3 second cast as per usual) and stay standing there unless you want to cancel the effect.  This really has me scratching my head why it was even drawn up with bard in mind.  When learning a fight for the first time, there's no way you'll be able to efficiently use this since it will get canceled often just dealing with mechanics or phase changes.  I'm sure the math wizzes will figure out just how long it needs to be active in order to be a dps increase as well, but my gut feeling is most bards will simply opt to just not use it at all until they're comfortable with a fight rather than sacrifice DPS learning when to use it properly.

Oh and BTW Defyn: found out last night Lamia is now a LOCKED server.  It took two years but our server is high pop apparently lol and according to the last census we're actually #5 in terms of overall population with only Gilgamesh ahead of us for NA non-legacy.  It certainly feels like it these days, with constant new adventurer tags that I see and MD being so populated at night the draw limit kicks in for players.  I mean, it's still 95% casual players but PF is actually pretty good now with FCoB groups I join succeeding fairly often.  Hell, I learned to tank T11 the other day in one and it was one-shots for the 2-3 runs we cleared before maintenance.  Just about any farm or learning/clear party I join these days succeeds pretty quickly so I've been having a lot of fun helping peeps out waiting on the expac.  After coming from WoW, I'm really in love with the community we have there. :3

n48HOPb.png

Reminds me of that one MM hunter passive they added in WoW where it ramped up damage the longer you stood still.  That's how they should have implemented this, which of course means they'll put it in the worst possible way.

This was a great rundown:

• WAR
    New stance called "Deliverance", increases damage and has its own stacks called "Abandon". Deliverance and Defiance can be switched and the remaining stacks will change to those of the according stance i.e. Wrath and Abandon will be retained and swapped while switching stances.
  • A new AOE that looks like an Earthquake.
  • The new buff shown on the HW trailer named "Raw Intuition". Guaranteed a Parry while being attacked in front, but guaranteed a crit damage if attacked from other angles.
  • A crystal "taunting" move.

[*]BRD
  • New song "Wanderer's Minuet", affects self only. While singing this song BRD can't move while attacking, can't Auto-attack but can fire charged shot and increase damage deal.
  • Wanderer's Minuet will not consume MP and acts like a stance. Moving will instantly end it.
  • New attack called "Sidewinder". Increases effect of already applied DoTs.

[*]NIN
  • Doesn't get a new stance. Huton will be longer. Will have more positionals.
  • New Enmity Manipulation skill.

[*]SMN
  • Tri-disaster renamed to Tri-bind. SMN will have a brand new Tri-disater spell which is expected to apply Bio II, Miasma, and Bio all at once.
  • No new pets, but existing pets will have more actions.
  • New skill "Bahamut Trance": Infuses the power of Bahamut to the caster, certain actions will yield "Bahamut Stacks" which can be spent for Akh Morn some high potency attacks.

[*]WHM
  • A new AOE Regen called "Asylum".
  • Stone 3, Aero 3.
  • Some new instant less-powerful-than-Benediction heals.

[*]MNK
  • A new stack called Chakra that can be stacked up to 5, and can be consumed to deliver a high potency attack and restore TP.
  • A way to switch stances without attacking.
  • High potency attacks that consume Greased Lightning.

[*]AST
  • 2 stances: Moon Reading and Star Reading. One is WHM-like and one is SCH-like.
  • Cards drawn are random. You can use a drawn card immediately, or put that on hold and draw a second card and add the effect of the first card on top, or discard it to draw a new card.
  • There will be 6 cards: a Haste card, an Attack Power card, a Vulnerability Down card, an Omni-cast card and 2 more cards.

[*]MCN
  • Manually reload (likely to be on GCD), has casting time and can reload up to 5 bullets.
  • A instant oGCD "Quick Reload" which instantly reloads 1 bullets.

[*]DRG
  • A new buff called "Blood of the Dragon" that triggers some 4-stage combo after Full/Chaos Thrust.
  • A high potency attack that consumes Blood of the Dragon.
  • Jump animations will be adjusted.

[*]DRK
  • Will use MRD and GLA cross-class skills.
  • Has a gap closer and a ranged attack (shooting black laser from the sword)
  • A Grit Stance for tanking and a Dark Stance for DPS. Dark Stance consumes MP and unaffected by Ballad. Grit Stance will buff Accuracy. They might have recommended that DRK should stance-dancing more often by building hate on Grit and switch to Dark and so on.

[*]SCH
  • New skill called "Dissipation" that "consumes" Fairy to increase magic potency.
  • A skill called "Deployment Tactics", that enhances Adlo and make E4E AOE-ish.
  • A skill called "Emergency Tactics", that affects Adlo and makes it instant heal instead of the shielding effect.
  • A skill called "Indomitability", enhances healing potency.

[*]BLM
  • Fire 4 and Blizzard 4.
  • Enochian: 30 sec buff that allows caster to cast Fire 4 and Blizzard 4.
  • Ley Lines: Ground AoE spell speed buff . Only works on the caster.
  • Sharp Cast: Forces the next spell to proc.

[*]PLD
  • A finisher combo from Riot Blade.
  • A finisher combo that inflicts DOT.
  • A new blocking attack.
  • New action: Divine Veil: Sets a protective barrier around the target where if the target receive cures while under the effect, other nearby members will also receive a barrier effect.

Monk is actually looking the strongest out of all these TBH.  They're finally getting a finisher to combat phase changes and any time where GL stacks could fall off.  NIN is the one that got really fucked over honestly, with absolutely nothing but a proverbial "cut to the chase" ability to refresh Huton while imposing some new positional requirements that I'm sure made every NIN groan.  My friend was planning on NIN for expac; not sure she's going to stick with that now though.

I'm actually really upset with what they're doing to bard now, at least the way it's being explained if things are lost in translation.  Losing auto-attack means that you have to stance dance for barrage and inability to move means that using repelling shot as an oGCD dps increase will be impossible now.  Not only that, but weaving oGCD abilities (bloodletter being the big one) in-between 'casts' won't be possible, which beggars the question WHY SE would even dream up this retarded stance when it goes against everything Bard stands for.  I hate casting dps classes: it's why out of all the jobs I play, BLM and SMN are my least favorite with monk close behind just because of how annoying GL was to maintain (this might change in expac though).  That said, I feel like this new 'song' bard is getting will make the job feel like a caster and that's going to completely push me away from my favorite class.  That and this new sidewinder ability just sounds dumb.  Increase the potency/effectiveness of your existing dots?  WHY DO I NEED THIS ABILITY BLOAT YOSHI?  fucking stupid.

Bard will never go away unless they give another class a mana regen ability, so I feel like it's still going to be a keystone in any group but man: I don't know that I'll be able to enjoy the job anymore with these changes.  This is all starting to feel like WoW 2.0 where TBC just started making things more complicated than necessary and slowly made classes less fun with all the micromanaging.  I don't know how console players will be able to contend with this game anymore with all the shit being added and quite honestly I'm already out of hotbar space on PC for bard, so not looking forward to new keybinds I'll have to dream up.  I was starting to get hyped up for this expansion but now that things are sinking in, I'm pretty disappointed already. :S

Sideewinder is basically feaster for bard. Sounds amazing to me honestly. Less up keep of dots mean less tp to use and more time to use damaging moves.

You can just use bloodletter between "casts" not a huge deal. Also you can move while instance. They just meant you can't move while "casting" or else it will interrupt it.

It's basically just a blm stance for bard.

Which is basically nothing we wanted lol.  If we wanted to play a BLM, we'd play it.

Thinking more on this new stance, I feel like it was given to us for periods where mobility isn't required and acts as a buffer for our DPS when other classes would outshine us otherwise.  The problem with all this is it creates this mentality that if you're NOT using it or sacrificing mechanics to use it: you're playing bard wrong.  This is a huge problem because bad bards will now only become worse by trying to weave this correctly at inopportune times, both lowering their DPS more and causing unnecessary wipes from dying to mechanics.

This honestly should have never made it past alpha testing but since SE doesn't value a test realm because OMGSPOILERSLOL we get complete bonkers ideas like this.  We'll see in a month how this plays out but I suspect most players will simply opt to not use it a majority of the time or simply move on to a less conflicted job, probably machinist.  I'm kinda hoping they just throw this song out the window at some point for something that plays to the job's strength more.

It masks since though. Steading your bow and aiming will give you better impact.

The good bards will learn to use it and really shine just like the good whms and schs now can who can do the cleric stance dance really shine.

Personally I love it. Gives me more to do and more ways to play. Going to make bard more then a brain dead dps job.

Is there a decent place to go to for consolidated information about Heavensward? I didn't bother reading Reddit the few days around the press event in France and those threads are buried now. I also can't be fucked to read the Dev posts from the official forums because that involves way too much digging.

Is there no MMO-Champ site that is just gathering and presenting the information in a decent way? Details about leveling, leves, gathering, how iLvL scales, etc... Is there a reason to have a 4-star crafting set or will it be replaced completely and very fast?

Why are these answers so hard to find out -.-

Is there a decent place to go to for consolidated information about Heavensward? I didn't bother reading Reddit the few days around the press event in France and those threads are buried now. I also can't be fucked to read the Dev posts from the official forums because that involves way too much digging.

Is there no MMO-Champ site that is just gathering and presenting the information in a decent way? Details about leveling, leves, gathering, how iLvL scales, etc... Is there a reason to have a 4-star crafting set or will it be replaced completely and very fast?

Why are these answers so hard to find out -.-
They have not really said too much about it. All that is really been covered is the content wondpw and the classes abilities. They answered a few things but never went into detail about most of it yet.

Hi guys, just wondering if anyone's sub is running out or looking to resub for Heavensward. I have a 60 day time card that I won't be using (got into Wildstar) so I would like to sell it for $23 PayPal.

Only a few bits of info have surfaced such as job abilities and what flying mounts will be available at launch.  For leveling, all 2.X story quests will give EXP if you want to hold those, but it could be a bitch getting DF portions done with hardly anyone queuing for roulettes immediately.  Rested EXP maxes at 1.5 levels; no statement on if it will be reset to zero like WoW does it.  You can however store I think 16 completed leves to turn in immediately for EXP, if you care.  Ilvl 130 gear will last you until 55 and the new darklight is 170.  You will get gear through quests/dungeons so everything you own now will be obsolete by 60, even crafting/gathering.  That's about what I can remember.

Less than a week to expac and I've wrapped up all the achievements I wanted.  In preparation, I've done the 14 leves in MD and 2 random leves from NT ready to turn in.  I could do more things like dailies/weeklies to turn in but can't be fussed.  Rested exp is maxed and leves will replenish by game time so only thing left to do is start clearing out the retainers of junk.  One retainer is dedicated to glamours and gear we can't desynth or turn in for GC seals yet; not sure what to do about this yet and I think I'll wait for day one to see if anything changes with those.  The other is all crafting stuff and items SE refuses to let us put in the fucking armoire (some dating as far back as last year, FFS SE).  Gonna dump most everything from this one but I might be too late to sell off old crafting stuffs.  I just have to wonder if any of this will still be used in future crafts because SE is notorious for recycling old mats in new recipes, so we'll see.

Oh and I'd cap your soldiery, poetry, GC seals, allied seals, and wolf marks.  Never know what will be needed in the expac but having them all capped will be great if you need any.

Confirmed new hunts in HW drop Law AND Poe, so that's a thing.  The existence of hunts pretty much confirms you will want to have close to capped seals to purchase new items.  I've always kept mine at 3500+ in case they added anything so I'm in a good position if I just do a few s ranks. :p

Yeah, idk how you guys do hunts in Lamia but here on Exodus its like watching 1000 crack addicts fighting over the last gram of cocaine in the world. 

Myself and community leaders set the example and now it has become the norm: people gather and eventually it gets pulled.  Nobody complains at all and everyone is happy.

Couple days until expansion and I'm more hyped for cross-over event potential for World of Final Fantasy (chibi minions Yoshi-Pls) and Final Fantasy VII remake (FFVII class weapons incoming; Buster Sword, please look forward to it).  Such hype, and SE presser is in just a couple hours and change away: ENTERTAIN ME MORTALS.  Now to just work on looking busy so my boss doesn't notice I'm watching it. ;)

Well the show sucked lol.  Nothing for XIV or XV, just showing everything already announced and shown up to this point.  Patch note reading is tonight at least and we'll be able to read along on the lodestone.  I just hope they're not planning to recycle old crafting materials in the new recipes because I've cleaned house dumping most of my old stuff to make room.  I still don't feel prepared enough though.

So patch notes are a thing; been reading through them a couple times just to catch everything and I think my favorite is this:

• Players can no longer lot on untradeable mounts or minions they have already acquired.
Nevermind the amount of pony farm griefing or who knows how many people have been screwed over in ST/WoD on the minion drop.  Yeah, fuck you SE this should have been in day one and it's pretty upsetting it took an expansion to implement this.  I'm glad it's in now, but there's really no excuse for it taking so long.

So patch notes are a thing; been reading through them a couple times just to catch everything and I think my favorite is this:

• Players can no longer lot on untradeable mounts or minions they have already acquired.
That is outstanding. I actually lotted on ST and WOD minions a few times, after I already had them, because I mistakenly thought that I could win another one and give it away to someone in my FC or something. If I had actually won one, and then been forced to discard it, I would have felt like the world's biggest jackhole.

Dear Best Buy, 
Send me my goddamn early access code before I put my fist through my computer screen, and rip out your throat. 

Hate, 
me

Apparently, doing this was the magic word, because I was just sent it.

Why does it feel like this entire expansion is deflated by the nerfs and balancing acts that homogenize jobs toward a singular collective?  I hate what they're doing to bard for the sake of balancing it against machinist.  WHM got hit pretty hard with holy nerfs, graniteskin, and losing ground to sch in terms of what they bring to the table vs AST.  DRK has reduced pally to a pile of #worthless sans the hallowed ground that never gets off in time anyway (but at least RIP NEEDING a monk in your group; no more bullshit like T13 was).

I feel like significant changes like these should have been spread out over the myriad of patches preceding this expansion, not just one huge balance patch untested.  It's the eve of expansion and all I can think about is how much I don't like these changes and the overcomplexity they bring like WoW has done in the past.  I love bard, I want to be able to stay bard, but I feel like the way they're stripping me of mobility and key strengths just pigeonhole me into MCN that much more.  MCN is like just one huge love letter to the QOL bard needed.  Sigh, at least I have leveling to look for. . .I hate leveling. :S

bread's done
Back