Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn - Out Now on PS3 & PS4 - 4/11: PS3-to-PS4 Transfer Live!

lol 100 player queue

Cant imagine anybody logging out in the next few minutes

This is gonna take a while

Rolled a new character, got on Cactur. Unfortunately I can only hang around to get past the intital opening sequence right now, but my character's name is Duke Silver if anyone can add me to the linkshell.

Just got dropped from the server in the middle of a dungeon.  Guess I should be thankful that I got 6 hours in with no issues.  :D

Everyone loses their shit in 3...2...1...

It's funny, I was in a dungeon and the robe I wanted had just dropped.  The ACN in my party rolled a 5 on it...  and then I rolled a 3.  At first I thought my roll was so bad that it kicked me out of the game.

Naptime!  :D

Never fails. . .

They need to give more advance notice of downtime though.  They went from 'we know about instance servers being down' to 'please logout soon for maintenance', a whopping 30 seconds before they went down.  I was just tooling around with some crafting when the message went out, so I started to run for a sanctuary, zoned, and got kicked lol.  Out of curiosity, does the entire town of Gridania count as a rested area?  If so, I'm good but otherwise screwed again. : \

Really hope my character won't be stuck when I log in since I was zoning when they went down. . .

Last edited by a moderator:
Out of curiosity, does the entire town of Gridania count as a rested area? If so, I'm good but otherwise screwed again. : \
Nope, just the inns, or special areas like Blackbrush Station that are specifically marked as sanctuaries. It's only going to be down for like three hours though (hopefully!).

Yeah, thought so.  Oh well, hopefully the servers come up early because my buddy had literally just got on to play when they went down.  Now I'm glad I got up early to play because I would have logged into maintenance as well lol.

Hey, so is crafting worth investing time in this early for gear or should I just plow through quests to get gear?  I got my botany to 5 so far and was about to keep pushing on as a break from mercing fates.

Yeah, thought so. Oh well, hopefully the servers come up early because my buddy had literally just got on to play when they went down. Now I'm glad I got up early to play because I would have logged into maintenance as well lol.
Logically it would seem like any old spot inside the walls of Ul'dah or Gridania would be just as "restful" as an open-air outpost or group of tents in the middle of the wilderness, if not more. But that's the way they set it up. :)

At the early levels, gear is moot for what I can tell. From levels 1-10 I just opt to get the things to sell for 100 Gil each. Same with the subligar armor (level 12), as level 15 armor is much better / better looking.

I'm working on crafting, if you want a piece of gear ask me and I'll get it to you, when I can finally get on.

From Twitter:

"While we were able to address the previous issue wherein players were unable to access instances, we conducted another investigation and confirmed that the issue was ongoing for a number of players.

We have been able to identify the cause of the issue and have started the recovery operations.
Once we have tested the fix, we plan on conducting another emergency maintenance.

We will follow up once we have a better idea on the time frame of the maintenance. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may cause."

my guess is 3 hours from 5pm-8pm est

of course thats completely a guess

if im lucky, theyll schedule it for the same time as the  Jets :D

Just died while in a level 25 fate group and when I released the game booted me and now the connection servers are down.  Sigh, they might as well just start the damn maintenance now because people can't even get back in the game.  So far this launch gets a C- and is starting to hit Funcom levels of incompetence.

And now I can see my character but everytime I log in, it just disconnects me immediately.  Take it down SE. . .

the error is from zoning

I tried to zone into a quest, got booted

Now my chars stuck between worlds

so everytime i log on it does hte same thing

its error 3102 verbatim, they just changed the #s 

At the following time, we will be performing emergency maintenance. During this period, the Worlds listed below will be unavailable.

As we previously announced on the “Regarding the Instance-Related Issues (Aug. 24)” announcement, we will be conducting maintenance to address the issue wherein players are unable to access instances.

While we previously stated that we will be optimizing the servers prior to the emergency maintenance, we will require additional time to also implement counter measures to decrease the load on the servers. 

While we estimate the time frame of the maintenance to be around two and a half hours, we will do our best to complete the maintenance as soon as possible.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your understanding.

[Date & Time]
Aug. 24, 2013 from 3:00 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. (PDT)

* The completion time may be subject to change.

[Affected Worlds]
North American/European Data Center Worlds
- Adamantoise 
- Balmung 
- Behemoth 
- Cactuar 
- Cerberus 
- Coeurl 
- Diabolos 
- Excalibur 
- Exodus 
- Faerie 
- Gilgamesh 
- Goblin 
- Hyperion 
- Lamia 
- Leviathan 
- Malboro 
- Midgardsormr 
- Moogle 
- Odin 
- Phoenix 
- Ragnarok 
- Sargatanas 
- Shiva 
- Siren 
- Ultros

dcm1602 you beat me to it. :)

I timed this badly. Just finished some studying (after a 2-hour play session earlier), was gonna hop back on for awhile. Lame. Well, at least I have something to do later tonight.

Yep, just came to post that.  Glad they're finally taking them down but that shit went on for two hours and they said nothing.  Someone was sleeping at the wheel. . .

Yep, just came to post that. Glad they're finally taking them down but that shit went on for two hours and they said nothing. Someone was sleeping at the wheel. . .
I guess I stopped before any big issues happened (also, not leveled up enough to instance yet).

It's cool they're trying to give us our pre-order bonus with the early access, but they gotta realize if it's marred by tech issues it's not worth it. Would rather they have shut it down for longer earlier, fixed the issues, and then reopened, but maybe it's not that simple.

When I was in the game I was enjoying it a lot.

I'm thankful I still haven't had any issues other than being booted unexpectedly during the 1st maintenance.  Sorry to you guys who are having issues, I'm sure it's frustrating.

Where did they say anything about pre-order bonuses?  And yeah, the way they're 'fixing' the instance issue is by taking the servers down for a fresh boot and praying they don't mess up again lol.

Where did they say anything about pre-order bonuses?
I haven't seen an official thing, but everything I've heard people are saying we'll get them on Monday. We'll see.

Anyone know where the quest to unlock the Toto Rak dungeon is?

As someone who is in the first third of a 72-hour FFXIV bender, I don't mind the maintenance.  It's basically the game telling me "time to take another nap."

I guess I'm kinda lucky from having briefly played FFXIV during 1.0 because I received the Garlond Goggles which gives me 20% bonus exp below level 10 and it looks a lot cooler than the Mog Cap.  My Gladiator is almost level 12 and I am really enjoying the game so far. Granted I have ran into a few issues here and there but that is par for the course with MMOs.  I have played MMOs since Ultima Online launched T2A and everyone of them as had issues at launch of the game or a major expansion.  If the major errors continue after a month then there is reason for concern.  I'll see you guys again in a couple hours.  

really thinking whether to get this - where's the best place to preorder... for PC?

not sure whether to play this on my PS3 or not

really thinking whether to get this - where's the best place to preorder... for PC?

not sure whether to play this on my PS3 or not
PC is almost assuredly cheaper for the base (think Amazon has it for $29.99, plus a $10 credit), but unfortunately, my laptop sucks and won't run it, so I'm using PS3.

It's a little overwhelming at first, but I'm starting to get the hang of it. May connect my keyboard though for chat purposes.

PC is almost assuredly cheaper for the base (think Amazon has it for $29.99, plus a $10 credit), but unfortunately, my laptop sucks and won't run it, so I'm using PS3.

It's a little overwhelming at first, but I'm starting to get the hang of it. May connect my keyboard though for chat purposes.
im kinda hating on myself for not jumping on the PC CE now :/

Not sure if this has been brought up before or if Im just handicapped at questing (11 years of MMORPGs...you think you'd knew all the basics.
Theres a quest in Gridinia called Passing Muster(or something) (red quest); it requires you to be equipped with all lv5+ gear.

On EVERY char I made I got stuck at this quest and had to BUY Lv5+ gear to pass this quest only to later on get quests that gave me the LV5+ gear I would've saved gil on to pass the aforementioned red quest... =/

Has anyone else hit this weird bump or Am I just missing a quest somewhere, as I said this has happened to me on a every char I made that began in Gridinia, I looked for other quests in all Shrouds, also leveling up just bumps me to the next tier of quests..which ALWAYS happens and then I come around full-circle to the quests that give the lv5 gear because they magically appear on the map at some random point... Or is this just an isolated "this-guy-is-quest-blind" case?
Didn't see this answered in the sea of errors.

I think they put that quest there to make you remember back to the quest that had you visit the Marketplace, but it didn't have you buy anything at it. So this quest is a (I think forced, since no quests ever gave me pants until 10+) way to get you to try out the Marketplace NPCs or Player Auction House, it's just a few hundred gil.

bread's done
Back