Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn - Out Now on PS3 & PS4 - 4/11: PS3-to-PS4 Transfer Live!

i'd be content with a cleanly running game by tuesday. i just really want to get to 50 asap. this game is grindy as fuck.

Last edited by a moderator:
A free month already comes with the game.
I know

but thats the one you "paid" for by buying the game

The game experience wasnt even close to being this bad during 1.0, and they didnt charge a monthly fee for the first 6-8 months because of it

I dont think theyll do something like that this time, but they really could use some positive PR

Maybe not a month, but I do expect them to do something.

And im a 1.0 owner, so I wouldnt get jack shit anyway. But I think the 2.0 owners do

If you are itching to play and you have been struck with 3102 on the NA data center, you could roll a new character on the JP data center just to mess around with, try other starting classes and what not. I just had the idea and am currently playing on a JP server ;)
How about let's have a Cag linkshell on a JP server as well? What JP server did you choose?

I suppose things will be smooth late at night, but I'd also guess that's when they'd run another maintenance =[

The game experience wasnt even close to being this bad during 1.0, and they didnt charge a monthly fee for the first 6-8 months because of it
Server troubles are temporary, a game that's not fun to play is forever. I know which I'd rather deal with. :)

I don't know if anyone's checked it out yet but the mobile version of the Lodestone site is really slick.

Is that the ipad thing that was supposed to come out ?

Or am I thinking of something entirely different?

I dont actually own any apple products, so i havent paid much attention

It's just the mobile version of the website. They're going to release an app for iOS and Android, which will probably be very similar, just faster because all of the graphics and stuff will be stored locally.

Error 1017 the entire afternoon because I logged out for lunch, thinking I could spare my seat for someone else while I was away. Big mistake. I don't remember being this frustrated at the launch day of Diablo 3 or SimCity. I guess it's because they announce that there will be maintenance and when it would finish. Also when I was not able to play, I know everyone else in the same world is the same. But now it's just infinite waiting. And other people are playing fine. This is unfair if you think about the competition nature of the game.

hmm

i think launch got... delayed?

This was on the ffxiv homepage

Early Access Period

August 24, 2013 (Saturday), 2:00 a.m. to August 29, 2013 (Thursday), 11:59 p.m. (PDT)

hmm

i think launch got... delayed?

This was on the ffxiv homepage

Early Access Period

August 24, 2013 (Saturday), 2:00 a.m. to August 29, 2013 (Thursday), 11:59 p.m. (PDT)
No. It only means if your retailer failed to ship the retail version to you by 29th Aug, you can still play the game by using early access code.

Nobody forces you to look at MMOs that way, that's your choice.
Hes gotta point though, since mmos have global economies and all. I know there was a day when I used to look at it the same. That sense of competition trying to be one of the highest levels, and first to do things.

I mean that doesnt really fuel me anymore, since I know these games only hold my attention for so long and I have other priorities but I can absolutely understand the thought process.

That said I think I and most players would be much happier if they just shut down the game for maintence when this shit happened, and said "server will be down for 3 hours, we should have it working @ xyz time"

instad of this random crap now

That said I think I and most players would be much happier if they just shut down the game for maintence when this shit happened, and said "server will be down for 3 hours, we should have it working @ xyz time"
They've tried that three times already. :lol:

Less mad about the game having issues, more mad that they fix them by throttling server space and logins....

Even seeing quite a few people on other sites admitting to just AFKing instead of logging out. Been spamming X for the past 2 hours, and I havent been able to play since I got booted mid warp earlier today at noon.

SE really needs to get their shit together or this game is just gonna end up like 1.0

Roommate login an hour ago and I've been trying to get in ever since with no luck.  About to give up and just wait until tomorrow after noon.  I hope everything is fixed by then...or at least I can login. :)

Edit: I'm in finally!

How about let's have a Cag linkshell on a JP server as well? What JP server did you choose?
I made a new character on Ifrit JP Server, sorry bout the late response. Name: Milhouse Vanhouten

edit: I'm not really playing it just passing the time, messing around

Atleast they are acknowledging the issue. I am starting to really enjoy the game now that I can use the Duty Finder.
Yeah I keep hearing that now that they're throttling the logins way down, everything is working great in-game-- IF you can get on in the first place. :p

I really hope they can do SOMETHING to make the situation better this week, rather than just "waiting it out" for the congestion to naturally die down.

Yeah I keep hearing that now that they're throttling the logins way down, everything is working great in-game-- IF you can get on in the first place. :p

I really hope they can do SOMETHING to make the situation better this week, rather than just "waiting it out" for the congestion to naturally die down.
I think their Queue system isn't working as intended. It seems too fast for what it is. They need an auto Afk boot to coincide the queue system. Then it may actually work out well.

Ugh I feel like Im asking a already-asked question.

My friend brought this up.

if we can use P4 client for the release (unless that was false) and now the EA client is the same.

Do people that want the digital version still need to pay the 39.99 for the game or on the 27th they can just Sub up and just pay the $15 ??

If they did an AFK boot after 20 minutes it would solve lots of issues.
Might be screwed by the lack of one right now. I just disconnected not due to S-E, but due to my internet going down for a minute. Only now I'm getting error 3102 trying to get back in, probably because it didn't recognize me as logging out. Ugh. Hopefully it clears up on its own.

Edit: Nevermind! I got back in after a few minutes. Hey, look at that, something works! :D

if we can use P4 client for the release (unless that was false) and now the EA client is the same.

Do people that want the digital version still need to pay the 39.99 for the game or on the 27th they can just Sub up and just pay the $15 ??
You still need to buy the game. It will contain a code that allows you to play past 8/29. Except if you bought 1.0, I think in that case you do not need to buy ARR to play it.

P4 client was launch client. EA lasts till the 29th. So you have 2 days after release to pick up a copy. Then you need register the CD key only, and select your payment plan. As long as you do that, there will be no halt to anyone's enjoyment.

Edit: By the way, did you get my response PM?

You still need to buy the game. It will contain a code that allows you to play past 8/29. Except if you bought 1.0, I think in that case you do not need to buy ARR to play it.

P4 client was launch client. EA lasts till the 29th. So you have 2 days after release to pick up a copy. Then you need register the CD key only, and select your payment plan. As long as you do that, there will be no halt to anyone's enjoyment.

Edit: By the way, did you get my response PM?
[background=#23252b]Do the digital versions come with the 30-day free codes?[/background]

hmm should I get this game?
gah why am I deliberating

(I havent even touched my copy of GW2)
Play GW2 first..its F2P why opt in for a P2P when you havent even decided to devote time to a F2P.

I'm main-ing on Ultros due to a classmate and friend.

But will most likely make a char on Cactuar to hangout. (will post to see if my name worked)

Oh wow expecting not to get into Cactuar but I saw... A PLAYER QUEUE! I was in it.... is it weird to be happy to be put into a queue?

lol

Lancer

Hero's Villain

Just started =D I have work in ~1hr so I guess add me to linkshell when ever =)

EDIT:

I'm in =D.

Has anyone figured out what the Idle-Kick timer is set to?

IM too scared to log-out now....

bread's done
Back