Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn - Out Now on PS3 & PS4 - 4/11: PS3-to-PS4 Transfer Live!

You need something like 90 wet bombard ash to get all of the swimsuit pieces for one sex, then you can buy as many sparklers as you want, 2 ash for a stack of 10.

You get the ash from the Return of the King fate south of Costa. It spawns super often and you get 30 ash every time; I had like 300 ash in my inventory just from doing that FATE a bunch of times while camping the Cancer FATE for 90 minutes.

You get the ash from the Return of the King fate south of Costa. It spawns super often and you get 30 ash every time; I had like 300 ash in my inventory just from doing that FATE a bunch of times while camping the Cancer FATE for 90 minutes.
During the event the FATE is actually all over the place, not just in Costa. I rode by at least a couple in my travels the other day, all at different levels.

So there is going to be two maint back to back if I remember correctly, with an 8 hour up time between the two.

/sigh

They need to have someone else do maint on non US peak times.

I do find it odd that maintenance is done during peak times. Just be like WoW and do it on some random morning during the week. 

I do find it odd that maintenance is done during peak times. Just be like WoW and do it on some random morning during the week.
This has unfortunately been a plague since FFXI.

They really need to outsource. Do it like most companies do and have different teams work on different servers. Blizzard US differs from Blizzard EU.

I dont mind the maintenance if they do something about content

Fates is becoming an increasing difficult issue for me to get around 

I just want my PS3 to load what's around me...  I waited almost 3 minutes for an NPC to appear in the waking sands last night.

I'm not sure I ever saw Odin when he killed me 15 times either  :roll:

Last edited by a moderator:
I just want my PS3 to load what's around me... I waited almost 3 minutes for an NPC to appear in the waking sands last night.
It feels like it's getting worse doesn't it? I never noticed any issues like this during the beta and early access. Now it's like I can walk around Ul'dah and the place is empty. I only see other players if I stand still and don't move my camera for 10 seconds to let them load. Move the camera and everyone's gone again. It must be getting worse because they're letting more and more people on each World at a time.

if the PS3 gamers really get the PS4 version free, I guess I may jump on a PS3 CE...

the problem is trying to find one now :/

I bought the PC Digital CE... now that physical CE is back in store... I'm tempted but gah :/ this is annoying

1 per run. I don't think you'd ever have to worry about people who already have theirs. There's no incentive to do the fight again once you get it.

In which case you're raiding with people who are helping you and wouldn't press Need on something they have. 

Pretty sure you can't roll anyway, though.

Biggest thing that sucks about ifrit hardmode is that they let you get into groups with multiple of the same classes

Chance of you getting your item can instantly go from 1/9   to 1/18 or 1/27

Someone in one of my other linkshells took 34 attempts to get his,I think id get way too frustrated

I mean you have to rely on so many people to perform well, a mistimed stun, limit break, standing in the wrong spot can make it a wipe easily

Having to do the fight 10~ times (successfully) I could  deal with, but 40~ times~ and yeah id lose my mind 

Biggest thing that sucks about ifrit hardmode is that they let you get into groups with multiple of the same classes

Chance of you getting your item can instantly go from 1/9 to 1/18 or 1/27

Someone in one of my other linkshells took 34 attempts to get his,I think id get way too frustrated

I mean you have to rely on so many people to perform well, a mistimed stun, limit break, standing in the wrong spot can make it a wipe easily

Having to do the fight 10~ times (successfully) I could deal with, but 40~ times~ and yeah id lose my mind
Well, quite frankly it was agreed before the first pull if we had no paladin to stun or a mage to LB the nails, we'd disband and retry. This was last week when I was running it though, so now that the casual players have caught up it could be a total mess of brute-forcing it.

Congrats. It drops 1 per run, right? Does it do any kind of check as to who in the party already has theirs? I know normal loot certainly doesn't do that, but I thought it might be different for the HM Primals.
One per kill, yes. It is not a smart roll system, so weapons can drop for classes not present as well. I have monk claws because of this lol. Got my bow on maybe the 4th or 5th kill myself, so I was pretty lucky.

At any rate, the patch is up for DL now but only a 30mb one this time. Been going hard on getting crafting up to make some money before the whole server is making relic weapons. So far I have carpenter to 40, LW to 38, and botany to 38. Now I wish I had saved a few more leves for gathering because it takes like an hour of running to three trees for one level lol. Crafting isn't that bad with GC engi books to speed it up though. At least crafting is super profitable in this game; been making enough to support new gear for myself and any outstanding mats from lumber and leathers. I haven't seen a crafting system this deep since SWG and it's almost better except the gathering isn't nearly as good. Still, I dig it and will probably max them all eventually after I make bank off spears and bows hehe.

As for swimsuit competitions. . .

hIFJoIV.jpg

Hate to double post, but I have a question:

I'm a 37 Thaumaturge right now and up to about 10 as an Arcanist, once I become a Black Mage, does it take the role of Thaumaturge and transform it into a Black Mage? Or does it just give me the option of being a Black Mage and I have to level all over again? I'm not really sure if I should stay as a THM or become a Black Mage. 

Hate to double post, but I have a question:

I'm a 37 Thaumaturge right now and up to about 10 as an Arcanist, once I become a Black Mage, does it take the role of Thaumaturge and transform it into a Black Mage? Or does it just give me the option of being a Black Mage and I have to level all over again? I'm not really sure if I should stay as a THM or become a Black Mage.
Thaumaturge and Black Mage share a level. Black Mage is the Job and Thaumaturge is the Class, they're linked. The Job is intended for group content (though later on in the story you'll probably stick with it permanently) while the Class is meant for solo.

Do note: Though it seems like the sub-class for Black Mage should be Arcanist, it's actually Archer. So you'll need to level your Archer to 15 and Thaumaturge to 30 before you can do the Black Mage quest.

Yeah, like in my case Pugilist and Monk share experience points and level. You just equip an additional item to become a Monk, and you can have separate loadouts defined for PGL and MNK just like you would for two different classes. As the Job you gain access to additional actions, but you lose access to some cross-class actions. For instance MNK can only use cross-class actions from Dragoon and Marauder, so I can no longer use Cure or Straight Shot or whatever, but I do have access to Rockbreaker etc. which Pugilist can't use.

Holy hell Square Enix.

Four email requests for help with an account issue (can't even FIND the chat option anymore), no response to ANY of them.

Was dumb and bought a security token. Came yesterday, tried to use it today and I don't even think there's a battery in it - nothing shows up when you hit the button.

Bought ready to give up on this crap. Shame, the game is quite fun.

Did they implement a limit of how many times you can roll "Need" in a dungeon?  In the level 32 duty a week or two ago I rolled need about 3 times but I just did a level 41 duty and it only let me use Need once.  Because of this I lost an amazing ARC book (+10 to my current attack) to a stupid gladiator.

Feeling really unmotivated when I login. AK queues are clogged and take 20 minutes to prepare instance, and CM/Praetorium runs are boring. They hand out end game gear in the most uninteresting way possible in this game. Run cakewalk dungeons for tokens, then go to Coil.

Hung in chat support for an hour and half (roughly). Internet cuts out. Reconnect. Back of the queue. Getting really fed up with SE.

It's kind of interesting to see what classes work and don't work very well on consoles... I really like playing as a conjurer on the PC, but healing party members just doesn't work out too well with a controller. I think I'll probably keep playing as a healer since I get into dungeons a whole lot quicker. Like 1 second as opposed to 20-30 minutes.

Something the above post reminded me to share was that if you press R1 or L1 while holding down R2 or L2, it cycles through enemies.  Before I knew this I was having difficulty targeting specific enemies in dungeons.

It's kind of interesting to see what classes work and don't work very well on consoles... I really like playing as a conjurer on the PC, but healing party members just doesn't work out too well with a controller. I think I'll probably keep playing as a healer since I get into dungeons a whole lot quicker. Like 1 second as opposed to 20-30 minutes.
Huh, I've had an easy time of healing in duty finder stuff so far, while marauder seems pointless with a controller. Trying to change targets quickly enough to get threat on a group of targets is just not as simple/quick as it needs to be.

I was talking about healing while not in a group with a controller. It's not easy to do.
Oh I know, but while in instances/dungeons and stuff (basically all the ground content) you will always be in a group

FATEs are stupid as heck atm for everyone. DPS's trying to do FATEs on a console will have difficulty tagging mobs before they die and what not

Oh I know, but while in instances/dungeons and stuff (basically all the ground content) you will always be in a group

FATEs are stupid as heck atm for everyone. DPS's trying to do FATEs on a console will have difficulty tagging mobs before they die and what not
Not having too many problems with FATEs on my PS3. Get in a party, stand close to the mob so they take priority in loading, then spam aoe. It will hit invisible ones as well this way.

Not having too many problems with FATEs on my PS3. Get in a party, stand close to the mob so they take priority in loading, then spam aoe. It will hit invisible ones as well this way.
Oh I know the party thing is the solution, but I was saying dpsers on ps3 will have just as many problems as healers on the ps3.

And not all classes have aoe, or dont get aoe till higher levels

Holy eff.

Waited 2 hours to get into chat, dude tells me I have to register the token (AKA THE SAME PROBLEM I'M HAVING) and I ask him to a) wait to make sure I can do it and b) reset my secret questions, and HE TELLS ME HE'S GOTTA GO AND DISCONNECTS

WFT

chat_close.png
Close

chat_print.png

chat_agent.png
Agent Ricardo L: Hello and thank you for contacting SQUARE ENIX Customer Support. Just a few moments while I review your question, please.
chat_enduser_message.png
You: whooo finally
chat_agent.png
Agent Ricardo L: While I look over your ticket information, may I have your first name please?
chat_enduser_message.png
You: Edward (might be in the system as Ed)
chat_agent.png
Agent Ricardo L: Thank you Edward. You want to remove your token correct?
chat_enduser_message.png
You: noooo
chat_enduser_message.png
You: I just got it in the mail
chat_enduser_message.png
You: And it keeps telling me the one-time password is invalid
chat_enduser_message.png
You: tried it over the weekend a few times, doesn't work
chat_agent.png
Agent Ricardo L: oh okay..have you registered your token yet?
chat_enduser_message.png
You: I keep trying and it tells me it's invalid. The SE account site says my answers to my secret questions are incorrect, too.
chat_enduser_message.png
You: Had a misrable time trying to get ahold of SE support
chat_enduser_message.png
You: kept closing my email tickets, then told me they couldn't help me via email
chat_enduser_message.png
You: Sat in the chat queue for an hour in a half yesterday before my internet disconnected. Send back to end of queue. 2 hours in queue today
chat_agent.png
Agent Ricardo L: so what is the first thing u did when you got the token?
chat_enduser_message.png
You: read the instructions. then went to the site
chat_enduser_message.png
You: (on the instructions)
chat_enduser_message.png
You: intially, the token did not display a password at all
chat_enduser_message.png
You: it worked after a day or so
chat_enduser_message.png
You: but then I go to register it, and the site keeps telling me it's invalid
chat_agent.png
Agent Ricardo L: whats your square enix id?
chat_enduser_message.png
You:
chat_enduser_message.png
You: do you need the token's serial number?
chat_agent.png
Agent Ricardo L: go ahead and try to log in with out using the token please
chat_enduser_message.png
You: Ok - but I've been able to do that all along
chat_enduser_message.png
You: I've logged in I think
chat_agent.png
Agent Ricardo L: So you are logged in?
chat_enduser_message.png
You: to the actual game or my account on the site?
chat_agent.png
Agent Ricardo L: account
chat_enduser_message.png
You: yes
chat_agent.png
Agent Ricardo L: okay. you never registered the token. now you can register it.
chat_agent.png
Agent Ricardo L: anything else i can do for you?
chat_enduser_message.png
You: wait lemme make sure I can register it. and is there any way to reset my secret questions?
chat_agent.png
Agent Ricardo L: you can only do it through there.
chat_agent.png
Agent Ricardo L: Unfortunately i cant wait
chat_agent.png
Agent Ricardo L: since i have others i need to help
chat_enduser_message.png
You: I waited 2 hours here
chat_agent.png
Agent Ricardo L: I understand, but other have as well
chat_agent.png
Agent Ricardo L: Thank you for visiting the SQUARE ENIX Support Center! Take care and hope to see you online!
chat_enduser_message.png
You: are you the only agent?
chat_alert.png
Agent Ricardo L has disconnected.
GFY SE

Square Enix is the worst video game company ive ever dealt with

Thats absolutely fricken horrible 

They should seriously be ashamed of themselves for their horrific customer service

Finally got to kill Odin tonight and we only got silver because I kept dropping target and group members were lagging out.  They seriously need to address draw distance with priority given to mobs, not players.  This is on PC with maxed settings, so this shit really isn't acceptable if they want to be taken seriously for world bosses.  Found out everything on the 'odin' vendor costs 5 mantles a piece, what a joke.  It's rare enough that he spawns twice a week, but to be on and actually kill him takes a miracle.  Maybe in a year I can actually get something from it. . .

At any rate, been making good money crafting and I guess our server really lacks 50 crafters because relics are selling for 80k+ still.  Really hate this cunt that undercuts you within minutes of listing and SE needs to put penalties in place like losing your deposit for a re-list to stop this shit.  Still, it's refreshing to have a working economy in a game again because all games since SWG have failed miserably at it.  Can't remember the last time crafted gear actually meant something and was valuable.

Finally got to kill Odin tonight and we only got silver because I kept dropping target and group members were lagging out. They seriously need to address draw distance with priority given to mobs, not players. This is on PC with maxed settings, so this shit really isn't acceptable if they want to be taken seriously for world bosses. Found out everything on the 'odin' vendor costs 5 mantles a piece, what a joke. It's rare enough that he spawns twice a week, but to be on and actually kill him takes a miracle. Maybe in a year I can actually get something from it. . .
I've had the same problem both times I've been in the Odin fight, and only managed Silver both times as well. Really the problem is all the low level characters who pop by for a look-see. If there are something like 500 players there every battle, I'd bet half of them at most are actually contributing to the fight, the rest are just spamming in AoEs, getting killed, and clogging up the works.

What day was it, Sunday? That Odin battle sucked hard cause of all the AoE. I literally had to stand on top of Odin to see him. Also, I was severely disappointed that he was so small, lol.

I also don't like the fact that odin has pretty much nothing for bards except, well, barding for chocobos.  How about some real rewards SE?

And stop taking the servers down during prime time!  This week was almost not so bad until they brought them down again.  Now I'll be going to bed before they even come back up, sigh.

FYI for PS3 gamers: http://www.polygon.com/2013/9/23/4763510/psn-maintenance-sept-25

Sony is performing maintenance work on the PlayStation Network this Wednesday, Sept. 25, according to a post in the PlayStation Community Forums.

The maintenance window is scheduled to run for six hours, from 1:15 p.m. to 7:15 p.m. ET.
Note that if you've signed in over the past few days (like if you sign in today), you should still be able to play online, but thought I'd give you guys a heads-up if you haven't seen it.

bread's done
Back