Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn - Out Now on PS3 & PS4 - 4/11: PS3-to-PS4 Transfer Live!

Wish me luck on the contest; posted this as my entry:

4lPNhbe.png

Yep, and a few tidbits from the live letter: zodiac weapon upgrade will be in 2.38 releasing around TGS (less than a month) and you will NOT be able to change the stats.  New commendation rewards are coming at that time or 2.4, as well.  Player housing is confirmed for 2.38 but gardens might not make it at the same time (could go either way).  Ninja will be the only class released before 3.0 and Shiva is confirmed for 2.4.

And as if we didn't already know: triple triad and chocobo racing confirmed for Golden Saucer.  Speaking of chocobos. . .

Server First Slate Grey Chocobo

L7qQdPe.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome about everything. do you care if I ask what you fed your chocobo to get it that color, that is if you remember.
I followed a recipe for it using 21 berries, 7 apples, and 7 pears. It, however, gave me plum purple which can be achieved with 18-21 berries alone (according to other players). To get slate grey I did an estimated guess of needing two pears, which gave me the "growing new feathers" message and the color I had wanted from the start. Order does seem to matter, which is where I made my first mistake. If you want to try for it in the first go, I would guess you need to feed it in the order of 3 berries, 1 apple, 1 pear and repeat 7 times. I've somewhat got my head around how this all works now, but until we get some concrete formula of color correction, it will all be trial and error with educated guesses.

I followed a recipe for it using 21 berries, 7 apples, and 7 pears. It, however, gave me plum purple which can be achieved with 18-21 berries alone (according to other players). To get slate grey I did an estimated guess of needing two pears, which gave me the "growing new feathers" message and the color I had wanted from the start. Order does seem to matter, which is where I made my first mistake. If you want to try for it in the first go, I would guess you need to feed it in the order of 3 berries, 1 apple, 1 pear and repeat 7 times. I've somewhat got my head around how this all works now, but until we get some concrete formula of color correction, it will all be trial and error with educated guesses.
awesome thanks a few of the FC members have been trying to get that color and couldn't.

Did you desynth a fish and get shoes?  That sounds like something Ralph Wiggum would say.  "I broke my fish down, and found shoes!"

Did you desynth a fish and get shoes? That sounds like something Ralph Wiggum would say. "I broke my fish down, and found shoes!"
Yep, that's where all the rare swimsuits come from. They sell for half a mil at times or higher for the rarer stuff. I know for a fact these are only the second pair of shoes on our server though.

So I canceled my auto-renew on 6 months basis

Game really was a blast, but 1 year is enough, + my time has to be used for other things (health issues/surgery)

I had 20 mil on me, then I just purged everything my retainers were holding and crafting materials, now I sit with 33million gil

Can't believe I had 13 million stocked on my retainers as items

Good thing I chased after the Gold Pick-Axe and Axe, netted me an absurd amount of shards/crystals, that I used to get all crafts to 50 and make more money off those

Would still gather and recently the skyrocketed prices of shards made an assload of gil

Now I have till 9/30, I'm just gonna retire before Destiny becomes my new obsession

Should I hold onto my char and gil, or try to sell it or just delete?

Sell it on playerauctions.

I recently just quit too, played the game way too much, crafts 50 will help sell it for a good amount. I got 800.00 for my account but keep in mind that main sell point was BiS BRD with HA weap.  Had about the same amount in gil(35mil) About 20mil in sellables, you can prob get the same depending how geared your raid classes are. 

The gil in real money is worth about 18$/4000k gil if you wanted to just sell the gil, but if you're truly done selling the account would be much better.

So the patch is just ~24 hours off and no info on player housing.  I'm worried it's either delayed or not at all what I was expecting.  After reading some old interviews, I came to realize player housing may only be non-physical properties like personal rooms since Yoshi-P has only ever talked about one pricing range.  If that's the case, I'll be immensely disappointed after saving hundreds of millions to throw at a mansion and will probably need to buy an FC house for myself on an alt.  It would still be a shitty compromise since I'd only be able to call it 'my house' on the alt and have no real connection to it otherwise.

The one glimmer of hope I have is SE adding both instanced rooms and player wards with limited availability.  They've been so cryptic in all the interviews I could find that it's all speculation.  In either case, I'm supremely disappointed in SE for giving us NO solid info on player housing ever.  This is the one thing I've been pining for over the months of delays and now that it's so close, I don't know that I could bear such disappointment.  2.4 is so close and yet it will be meaningless to me without a proper player house to call my own. :(

Last I read was that when 2.38 goes live you'll be able to purchase land plots for personal housing, but you won't be able to actually build the house yet.

Taking a break from the raging in the official forums ha!  Seems my fears were for nothing and the reason they stayed tight-lipped was to keep players from grabbing up the remaining plots with faux FC's to sell later.

Turns out personal housing shares the same wards as FC's, so it will be a land race the moment servers go back up.  I'm pulling an all-nighter for this one; no way I'm missing out on my mansion.  They're adding two more wards per township that will sellout fast on rich servers.  For me, my house will cost a cool 70 million but I've been planning for such a worst case scenario and won't break the bank for me. ;)

While I'm super happy, I can understand the rage going on considering Yoshi said months ago the cost will be much less than FC.  Plans obviously changed since then and I feel bad for anyone misled, but how to handle 2.3 million houses suddenly?  Impossible.

Le return of le puff-puff!

15070081990_bdec3b653d_o.png

I'm pretty happy with this patch. New moogle post quests, new emotes and poses, guaranteed drops from Syrcus. Don't really understand why personal housing is such a giant deal when we already have FC houses and personal rooms.

Phew, been crazy busy decorating my shiny new mansion but she's done for now (or until I come up with more ideas lol).  Included are the main hall, smoking room, kitchen, library, master bedroom, secret study and night club.  All this and I still have room left for 40 items. :O

I made an album here if you guys want to check it all out!

zXjuDZf.png

Live letter starts soon so my character will be napping with nutkin while I watch.  Next to housing, probably my favorite undocumented change:

EGeQ7UT.png

I can't wait for an expansion. All these updates have basically been, primal, 1 new dungeon, 2 hard modes, some coil and some random crafted gear.

First expansion, Heavensward, coming Spring 2015

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=914704

B0PqJEFCIAASRDV.jpg

- Ishgard. focus on Dragoons vs Dragons. (Knights of the round hinted as well)
- Level cap of all classes to 60.
- New areas. (Apparently very large compared to current size.)
- New race - Viangaa? (NOPE it is not) The yet to be announced race will have two genders.
- New job(s).
- New Primals. (Some all new to XIV)
- New Dungeons + High-End Raids.
- Airships Galore? (FC can build airships and more)
- New Gear and Recipes.
- and more to come.

Spring 2015.

Ishgard art style is focused on a more dark mature look.
One new area is called The Dravanian Forelands.
Floating islands in the sky can be visited. They wonder how.
Chocobo Forests are in.
New beast tribe dailies in the new areas.
Special Odin battle for fanfest, it is not exclusive to fanfest forever though.

More to come at London Fanfest. Focus will be on new jobs. Oct 25th.

bread's done
Back