Find me a worse OTT than this

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Maklershed']iTunes is too damn expensive. I guess I'll stick with Amazon for mp3s. For those of you that purchase mp3s legitimately, is there any sites on par with Amazon?[/QUOTE]

Zune Marketplace...Uses Microsoft points and used on both Zune Player and Windows Media Player.

___

Happy St. Patrick's Day, OTT.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']For some reason, I really don't wanna leave the house today.[/QUOTE]

I don't wanna take the doggy for a walk. I don't wanna look at naked chicks or drink beer. I ain't gettin out of bed today.

[quote name='Maklershed']blah . . .blah . . .blah . . . naked chicks . . . drink beer . . .blah . . .blah . . .[/QUOTE]
Headed out now, thanks for the motivational speech.

Wearin' some green.

images

Since I now have the radio installed today, going to blast the only appropriate music for today. Flogging Molly (and maybe some dropkick Murphys in there as well).

That's what I'm listening to today .. Flogging Molly, Dropkick Murphy, and The Pogues.

I wish I had The Departed on blu-ray. I feel like watching that when I get home.

Post of the year:

[quote name='pittpizza']I am kidding. Regulaters was the first "rap" song I was into. And it would be hilarious if he fucked my sister, who is a huge whore by the way.[/QUOTE]

It is sad not being able to watch the games today, especially finding out that the HR department here will not let my boss hire me on full time until I find something else. How is it possible to not be qualified for the job I am currently doing, which is being a secretary?

[quote name='flowery']It is sad not being able to watch the games today, especially finding out that the HR department here will not let my boss hire me on full time until I find something else. How is it possible to not be qualified for the job I am currently doing, which is being a secretary?[/QUOTE]

Get bigger boobs?

[quote name='Maklershed']iTunes is too damn expensive. I guess I'll stick with Amazon for mp3s. For those of you that purchase mp3s legitimately, is there any sites on par with Amazon?[/QUOTE]

I liked using emusic.com It used to just have indie and jazz labels. Back in the early 2000s they even had an unlimited download plan. Now they have all the major labels (I believe) and sell mp3 for about $0.49.

They might have a per album price too which is sometimes higher than the individual mp3 price. You'd pay $4.99 or so for a 5 track 50 minute long jazz record when it should be $2.50.

I stopped using them months ago after they added the major labels and changed the pricing schedule.

[quote name='munch']Get bigger boobs?[/QUOTE]

Yes this is true, the lessons we learn from Mad Men. I find it amusing how all "Administrative Assistants" are female and that isn't at all sexist to say.

Don't buy into the media hype. Most sources I've read say there's no danger of radiation hitting the US. Here's one example...

Q.
I live in Oakland and can’t seem to get clear information about when and if radioactive materials will arrive here from the jet stream. And if so, what dosage or for how many days we should take potassium iodide to protect our thyroids?
— EastBay, Oakland, Calif.
A.
This is frustrating for all, because the answer depends in part on the prevailing winds, which can change. However, experts I’ve interviewed strongly doubt that there will be any significant risk on the West Coast, and say there is no reason to take the potassium iodide unless high levels of radioactive iodine develop. But again, scientists consider high levels unlikely in the United States. In addition, about 98 percent of a person’s dose comes from drinking contaminated milk, and if fallout were to reach here (again, unlikely) most people could protect themselves by not drinking milk or eating dairy products. Children are much more vulnerable than adults.
http://green.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/03/16/q-and-a-on-the-nuclear-crisis-in-japan/?ref=science

[quote name='eldergamer']I liked using emusic.com It used to just have indie and jazz labels. Back in the early 2000s they even had an unlimited download plan. Now they have all the major labels (I believe) and sell mp3 for about $0.49.

They might have a per album price too which is sometimes higher than the individual mp3 price. You'd pay $4.99 or so for a 5 track 50 minute long jazz record when it should be $2.50.

I stopped using them months ago after they added the major labels and changed the pricing schedule.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I stopped using them a while back. Can't remember when now. Before iTunes, Amazon and others got rid of DRM, they were relevant, but they aren't relevant now. Their subscription approach just, for me at least, made for headaches. I'd rather just buy an album now and again when I feel like it, instead of being forced to download stuff so I don't feel ripped off, and many times I forgot to download stuff and so the value did go down. It was annoying but tolerable when they were the only good source for DRM-free music. emusic had it's purpose for a while, but that purpose ran it's course.

Man, just got back from working with Gorge Clooney, this guy is as cool as the other side of the pillow. He is like talking to a old college room mate than a Hollywood actor. He spent most of the time making jokes, mimicking his AD and dancing. But damn could he flip the switch on and off with ease. 1 second he is laughing and joking the next he is instantly in his role. Crazy.

Today was a sweet ass day....craft services were excellent.

One of the cashiers's girlfriend went into labor today so was stuck staying for an extra 3 hours which sucks. Not that I had plans anyways today, but still. 3 8 hour days in 4 days. Bah. At least next weekend makes up for it when I'm off Friday, Sunday, Monday and only work 4 hours Saturday

Also took the back way home today. It feels good having a radio again.

[quote name='Maklershed']Parks and Rec, Community, and The Office picked up for another season. :whee:[/QUOTE]

Good. I was worried about Community.

[quote name='tiredfornow']@Jstryke - did you smoke any weed or run over anything? what were you listening to?[/QUOTE]

In the morning Flogging Molly, on the way home Dropkick Murphys.

As for the weed, I don't smoke. Grew up with asthma so I don't touch the stuff.

Morning, OTT.

I won 14 out of my 16 games so far in my brackets...and I'm in second place.

Yes, someone picked both Morehead St. and Richmond.

:bomb:

[quote name='JohnnyFoxDarko']Went and had 2 green beers with an old friend and felt too sad so i just came home..
yup.[/QUOTE]

At first, I thought this was a f|owery post. Sorry JFD and f|owery

[quote name='Number83']Morning, OTT.

I won 14 out of my 16 games so far in my brackets...and I'm in second place.

Yes, someone picked both Morehead St. and Richmond.

:bomb:[/QUOTE]

I can see Richmond, I picked them and Vandy was overrated. Someone probably saw Morehead St and chuckled and picked them.

I had Richmond. I am mad I had Utah State for the upset and in the Elite Eight.

~~~~~

Who schedules a webinar meeting that runs through lunchtime on a Friday?

~~~~~~~

So I got an update about those jobs with the Navy in California. The status has now changed to "Eligable - Application Referred to Selecting Official". I am hoping that means I might have an interview soon.

Edit:

[quote name='craven_fiend']At first, I thought this was a f|owery post. Sorry JFD and f|owery.[/QUOTE]

Damn, thanks for making me depressed and introspective.

[quote name='slidecage']
been my luck i would been walking around in my underwere the cops bust though the windows and i be on FOX Cops :)[/QUOTE]
I've read a lot of Slidecage posts in my time, but this has to be his greatest line ever.

[quote name='Maklershed']Parks and Rec, Community, and The Office picked up for another season. :whee:[/QUOTE]

The Office. :whistle2:|

FOX Cops

--------------

Neat:

" If the moon looks a little bit bigger and brighter this weekend, there's a reason for that. It is.
Saturday's full moon will be a super "perigee moon" -- the biggest in almost 20 years. This celestial event is far rarer than the famed blue moon, which happens once about every two-and-a-half years.
"The last full moon so big and close to Earth occurred in March of 1993," said Geoff Chester with the U.S. Naval Observatory in Washington. "I'd say it's worth a look."

Awesome! Community was weak last night...hope its not a trend. Also, any word on Perfect Couples, I know its got weak ratings but I've been really enjoying the show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back