Fire Emble: Shadow Dragon $10 at Walmart

xRemnant

CAGiversary!
Hello,

I went to walmart to check for the Band Hero deal and ran into Fire Emble: Shadow Dragon for the Nintendo DS for $10.00. They had multiple copies of it, great price. Rythem Heaven was $15.00 but I did not get that. Oh and Contact at the store is $34.99. Yikes!

Picture proof!
IMG_4235.jpg

IMG_4236.jpg

It's been that price at Walmart for at least two years now, IIRC.

Not that a reminder for those who don't know about the price is a bad thing, mind you.

oop games. . .

i can only imagine whats sitting in the backs of these walmarts(like smash and zelda that one homo found a couple weeks ago).

best buy and most other companies clear their stock(send them back to the manufacture, destroy them, ect), whereas walmart just seems to hoard everything til its sold(even if its not on display).

Some F.Y.E.s do it too. . .

I remember when I got that for $5 at Walmart like a year ago or so. I was so excited to play it and was so disappointed.

[quote name='StripesOrBars']prolly because you youre bad at games.[/QUOTE]

Defensive, much? The game is just terrible. Way too different from FE 6-9, which I adore. I'm thankful I didn't drop $30 on release day for it.

[quote name='kulaguy']Defensive, much? The game is just terrible. Way too different from FE 6-9, which I adore. I'm thankful I didn't drop $30 on release day for it.[/QUOTE]

I would not say is terrible. Shadow Dragon is an updated version of Fire Emblem: Ankoku Ryū to Hikari no Tsurugi or (Shadow Dragons and the Blade of Light) which happen to be the very first game of the series. It is unfair to compare it to the sequels. Is like saying Final Fantasy I is not as good as Final Fantasy VII. Really now? Comparing a game originally made in 1990(Shadow Dragon) to a game made in 2007(Radiant Dawn). It is a bit dated, but it is still a great game.

I'm playing through it now and it's pretty good. It's not as good as Path of Radiance, but it's the 2nd best FE game imo, and I've played a bunch.

[quote name='kulaguy']Defensive, much? The game is just terrible. Way too different from FE 6-9, which I adore. I'm thankful I didn't drop $30 on release day for it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah this. It's a decent game but not as good as some of the other FE games.

Also kind of surprised stripes hasn't been silenced or given a temp ban (again) yet.

whats wrong with what i said?

is what the troll baiter said better?

guess you cant comprehend what has actually happened here sabanoo.

*deletes subscription*

[quote name='StripesOrBars']whats wrong with what i said?

is what the troll baiter said better?

guess you cant comprehend what has actually happened here sabanoo.

*deletes subscription*[/QUOTE]

translation: You guys are mean! i'm taking my ball and I'm going home.

-------

I happen to like this game. It's the only US release on the DS so you take what you can get. Have they announced a new one? Would love to see a 3DS FE game.

[quote name='confoosious']translation: You guys are mean! i'm taking my ball and I'm going home.

-------
[/QUOTE]
translation: my only friends are on CAG. does everyone like me yet?

*leaves thread for real*

The game is way too hard, like most SRPGs. If you're super good at them you'll probably enjoy it, otherwise it's yet another one to skip. I miss when they used to make these accessible for everyone and not just superfans :whistle2:(

The Gamecube one was really good at least.

[quote name='confoosious']translation: You guys are mean! i'm taking my ball and I'm going home.

-------

I happen to like this game. It's the only US release on the DS so you take what you can get. Have they announced a new one? Would love to see a 3DS FE game.[/QUOTE]

Not a new one but they remade another Fire Emblem onto DS, but it will remain in Japan assuming since this one bombed.

[quote name='Wolfpup']The game is way too hard, like most SRPGs. If you're super good at them you'll probably enjoy it, otherwise it's yet another one to skip. I miss when they used to make these accessible for everyone and not just superfans :whistle2:([/QUOTE]
What part exactly is difficult? So far I haven't noticed anything about the game that's really difficult at all.

[quote name='Altanis']What part exactly is difficult? So far I haven't noticed anything about the game that's really difficult at all.[/QUOTE]

I think most people find it hard that if a char dies, they are gone for good. Not just the round, but for the rest of the game.

But I personally love that in the FE series. FE and AW are great.

[quote name='doodmandood']I just checked Walmart.com and saw that it's $30 there.

Is this a YMMV type deal or is it in store only?[/QUOTE]

That price is in store only. If your Walmart has any copies left they will ring up for $10.00.

[quote name='Denbo32']I think most people find it hard that if a char dies, they are gone for good. Not just the round, but for the rest of the game.

But I personally love that in the FE series. FE and AW are great.[/QUOTE]
It might be a tad bit more difficult if say one of your strongest characters dies, but a good strategist can avoid character deaths pretty easy (and with some luck on occasion).

For example, I'm on Chapter 18 or 19 right now, and have yet to have a character die (have had multiple come very close. In fact, just had one at 2 HP this past chapter, because of my stupidity). A bit was by luck (thank you, missed attacks) and a lot was just knowing where the enemy could hit, and keeping my characters out of range (or, at the very least, keeping the weaker ones out of range).

I don't think any Fire Emblem games are particularly difficult. You do have to be good at developing strategies, and being able to think ahead.

For $10 though this game's a steal.

bread's done
Back