Fire Emblem Awakening 3DS Bundle at select retailers.

Nintendonly

CAGiversary!
[quote name='Alucard400']HAHA. googled the bundle and found that Walmart has it in stock for store pick up or Fedex pickup.

Walmart

This is probably the last store to be able to pick it up easily without having to call around or drive around to find one.

[/QUOTE]

jCwOBKKZkU5ol.png

UPDATE: IGN has confirmed the Bundle will be priced at $200 it also will come with a 4gb SD card with the game pre installed.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/01/11/fire-emblem-3ds-bundle-confirmed-for-north-america

Now available at gamestop for pre order:
http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-3ds/consoles/nintendo-3ds-blue-fire-emblem-awakening-bundle/107660
Available for pre-order @ newegg.com right now, but you have to pay $8.xx for shipping. Free Shipping now.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16868100134
ToysRus are selling the bundle.
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=19347206

No details yet because it was just leaked on NeoGAF, but I'll make the thread Wikified so that once information starts pouring through, people can edit the thread accordingly.

Fire Emblem is a pre-installed digital copy.

Adding a second image to confirm.

dxWhE.jpg

Second image is a bit misleading. The bundled system is NOT a 3DS XL like Nintendo is advertising at the top of the Game Informer page. It's just a regular 3DS.

[quote name='bob330i']ah geez, looking at Amazon, you're right. I think I still have my GBA versions (enjoyed both), got rid of DS's Shadow Dragon (was meh). I got the latter a couple years ago for $10-11 as I recall. Guess those days are over now. Probably should have kept it to sell it later.

I still have a sealed Radiant Dawn (Wii) and mint used copy of Path of Radiance (GC), both I haven't played yet. Probably should play PoR before I decide if I want to dump my Wii.[/QUOTE]
If you dig the FE franchise you'll want to keep both games along with the Wii. That said, if you have a Gamecube and are planning on getting a Wii U that is another good option.

So it looks like Best Buy and Kmart are still your best shots at finding the game. Glad to see many people having success!

Finally got my copy of the game from my local GS (the roads around here are still horrific after this past weekend's storm). They had my copy (and artbook) tucked away in a locked cabinet with my name on a list.

Finally got my copy from Amazon in today. Thought I'd have to wait a little longer due too the storm. Anybody else get there copy from amazon yet? I only ask cause my brother ordered from amazon and hasn't received his copy yet.

My local Best Buy finally got their copies in today. I was looking around and when I didn't find it in the 3DS section, I was a bit disheartened. A store clerk asked me if I needed help and I told him what I was looking for. Come to find out that the game was stocked among the DS and Wii U games. -_-; Oh well -- I'm happy now!

I would like to say fuck the goddamn postal service. My Fire Emblem was literally one hour from my house in one of those mail centers on the 9th. They shipped it from PA (state that I live in) to Maryland. So it says on my UPS tracking, oh we sent your order to the wrong post office, they are going to send it to you.

How the hell do you mistake a package to Maryland :bomb:. I just want my fucking game and hope that my game actually arrives.

I walked into my local gamestop and they had 2 cancelled FE:A bundles. Picked one up for $147 after trading in Borderlands 2 and Forza Horizon.

Excited to play my first FE game.

I passed another store today and had my receipt from my bundle preorder that I picked up Friday from another store. the guy was cool and gave me an artbook! he said they got more books than preorders which is crazy. I have no idea how GS (assuming corporate does distribution and tells publishers how many to send where) allocates preorder bonuses.

also the other day I saw an ebay listing. the seller says the artbook is not sealed despite the picture showing plastic wrapping. I'm thinking that guy is a gs employee and just took the entire FE artbook package that the store got!

It looks like the game is back up on BB.com. It also appears they're offering a free DLC map. This is probably on the free forum, but here's how it appears on their site.
Fire Emblem: Awakening Free DLC Map

Receive access to the downloadable Champion of Yore 1 map and unlock the Marth character. To receive this map, you will need Wi-Fi access and must play through the fifth mission. Outrealm Gate will appear on the world map once you play through the fifth mission.
Offer dates subject to change. Best Buy is a Nintendo Zone location, which provides a free and automatic Wi-Fi connection. While supplies last.

[quote name='madmak28']It looks like the game is back up on BB.com. It also appears they're offering a free DLC map. This is probably on the free forum, but here's how it appears on their site.
Fire Emblem: Awakening Free DLC Map

Receive access to the downloadable Champion of Yore 1 map and unlock the Marth character. To receive this map, you will need Wi-Fi access and must play through the fifth mission. Outrealm Gate will appear on the world map once you play through the fifth mission.
Offer dates subject to change. Best Buy is a Nintendo Zone location, which provides a free and automatic Wi-Fi connection. While supplies last.[/QUOTE]

FYI, that DLC is not Best Buy exclusive. Nintendo is offering the first DLC for free until 3/06. Unfortunately, you can only download the DLC in game after beating chapter 5.

[quote name='Sir_Fragalot']I would like to say fuck the goddamn postal service. My Fire Emblem was literally one hour from my house in one of those mail centers on the 9th. They shipped it from PA (state that I live in) to Maryland. So it says on my UPS tracking, oh we sent your order to the wrong post office, they are going to send it to you.

How the hell do you mistake a package to Maryland :bomb:. I just want my fucking game and hope that my game actually arrives.[/QUOTE]

I shipped something first-class from here in Michigan to a CAG in New York a few months back; took more than a week to get there after taking a four-day detour through Florida. I also had a handful of Amazon orders back in late 2011 that would make it into Michigan, get shipped back south into Ohio, and then to a completely different part of Michigan, and just last week I lost a laptop part for a couple of days after it was sent to a post office one digit up from my own (meant to go to 48445; ended up in 48446). Nobody's perfect; these mistakes happen a lot more often than you'd think. Just gotta live with it.

My BB.com order arrived yesterday, 2 days ahead of estimated delivery.

Im so glad i cancelled amazon now and went with BB, with my cert, it came out to $21 shipped.

Ive lost so much faith in amazon i think i might even go back to Gamestop for preorders, as shitty as GS are, at least they dont screw up pre orders often (at least in my area).

had to ask a question.. can someone explain how the hell spotpass works, or rather, what the hell it actually is? I basically just want to get the free marth DLC and then not touch my system until i put the hori protector on it. If i understand right, even to d.load it you need to actually play the game for a while? Can someone whos gotten it explain how to snag it. Id rather not play the game right now, i just want to d.load the friggin DLC. I thought it would be a simple thing but i see no option for it on the menu or anything. Cant i d.load it now and use it later, or do i actually have to play it?

It seems spotpass and DLC characters are 2 different things? Dont get why its so complicated. Other systems with launch dlc you just click an in game menu, or enter the code immediately before playing

[quote name='Kenshindono']had to ask a question.. can someone explain how the hell spotpass works, or rather, what the hell it actually is? I basically just want to get the free marth DLC and then not touch my system until i put the hori protector on it. If i understand right, even to d.load it you need to actually play the game for a while? Can someone whos gotten it explain how to snag it. Id rather not play the game right now, i just want to d.load the friggin DLC. I thought it would be a simple thing but i see no option for it on the menu or anything. Cant i d.load it now and use it later, or do i actually have to play it?

It seems spotpass and DLC characters are 2 different things? Dont get why its so complicated. Other systems with launch dlc you just click an in game menu, or enter the code immediately before playing[/QUOTE]

You can't download the free DLC from the eshop. The only way to download it is by playing the game and beating up through chapter 5. At that point, something opens up in the overworld that allows you to download the DLC. Only then can you download the DLC and have them Marth map for free. But be aware its only free up until 3/06 and then it will revert to its normal price at $2.50.

As far as the spotpass characters are concerned, yes, that is completely different from the DLC. While this is probably not the most exact explanation, you basically get free access to characters from past Fire Emblem games that you're able to summon to the overworld and parlay with (buy items from, battle with and ultimately, recruit if you choose to do so). This is completely free and available at any point throughout the game. You randomly get access to different characters every day. It's only accessible from the in-game menu. That's how I understand it anyway.

It's actually not that complicated once you play the game and get into the menus. Then you'll see that what belongs where.

Edit: Here's a better explanation of the Spotpass in FE:A - http://fireemblemwiki.org/SpotPass

why isnt normal listed as EASY.... playing the first time on NORMAL thinking hard might be too hard... Man Normal is VERY EASY at least up to chapter 12... just make a Mage tank and they can kill anything ... my mage is hitting for 56 pts of damage each time and has 49 hp

[quote name='bob330i']I still have a sealed Radiant Dawn (Wii) and mint used copy of Path of Radiance (GC), both I haven't played yet.[/quote]

How is a used copy considered mint?

[quote name='Nintendonly']He probably meant opened, but not used.

/GameStop "new"[/QUOTE]

ok, fine, yes, it's used. Mint refering to the disc isn't scratched to hell like most of the other GS GC stuff and the cover art is nice and flat, no dings as is the case. I guess it's a slow day when people are picking on terminology on used games.

[quote name='bob330i']ok, fine, yes, it's used. Mint refering to the disc isn't scratched to hell like most of the other GS GC stuff and the cover art is nice and flat, no dings as is the case. I guess it's a slow day when people are picking on terminology on used games.[/QUOTE]

The other poster was being ridiculous. Mint in connection with games doesn't mean unused, it means exactly what you were using it to mean. Originally the term "mint" as applied to other collectibles did mean untouched or unused, but that's not how it's used in connection with pop culture collectibles like games, action figures or toys. If you had said mint factory sealed or something along those lines, that would have been different.

[quote name='bojay1997']The other poster was being ridiculous. Mint in connection with games doesn't mean unused, it means exactly what you were using it to mean. Originally the term "mint" as applied to other collectibles did mean untouched or unused, but that's not how it's used in connection with pop culture collectibles like games, action figures or toys. If you had said mint factory sealed or something along those lines, that would have been different.[/QUOTE]

Yea, you used it correctly. Mint has always meant used, like new. New would be new, such as NIB. MIB doesn't imply new, just complete.

Called a local GameStop, asked if they had any bundles available, they said they did, I told them I would be there in 10 minutes. Ran to my car, flew over to GameStop and got there @ 7:59! Gates were closed. Well GameStop, you just lost a 200 dollar sale. Sad thing is they didn't have the art book so eh. Oh we'll. I don't really need this bundle as I already own two 3DS consoles as it is. I just figured I would grab it to add to my collection.

Anyone who had the bundle, is it worth it? I've never played any fire emblem games before.

[quote name='TheOpusFuller']Called a local GameStop, asked if they had any bundles available, they said they did, I told them I would be there in 10 minutes. Ran to my car, flew over to GameStop and got there @ 7:59! Gates were closed. Well GameStop, you just lost a 200 dollar sale. Sad thing is they didn't have the art book so eh. Oh we'll. I don't really need this bundle as I already own two 3DS consoles as it is. I just figured I would grab it to add to my collection.

Anyone who had the bundle, is it worth it? I've never played any fire emblem games before.[/QUOTE]

from all the hype/reviews, and sales from this game , it reminds me of ni no kuni situation, lol

[quote name='YBX87']from all the hype/reviews, and sales from this game , it reminds me of ni no kuni situation, lol[/QUOTE]
This is nowhere close to the situation with NNK. It's just a little hard to find in some locations and there are plenty left. By comparison to the Steelbook and Wizard's Edition craziness this is nothin'.

[quote name='JCrichton']This is nowhere close to the situation with NNK. It's just a little hard to find in some locations and there are plenty left. By comparison to the Steelbook and Wizard's Edition craziness this is nothin'.[/QUOTE]

i never said it was the same.

[quote name='JCrichton']This is nowhere close to the situation with NNK. It's just a little hard to find in some locations and there are plenty left. By comparison to the Steelbook and Wizard's Edition craziness this is nothin'.[/QUOTE]

I'd say that Fire Emblem: Awakening is one of the most desired : hardest to find standard edition games in recent history.

And don't say because it's niche because Target and Kmart are carrying it and they don't typically step out of the major release comfort zone.

Besides not many standard edition games will sell for 150% of MSRP ~ 10 days after release

[quote name='GBAstar']I'd say that Fire Emblem: Awakening is one of the most desired : hardest to find standard edition games in recent history.

And don't say because it's niche because Target and Kmart are carrying it and they don't typically step out of the major release comfort zone.

Besides not many standard edition games will sell for 150% of MSRP ~ 10 days after release[/QUOTE]

Yes, but much of the "rarity" is a very temporary supply problem. In just the past few days, my local Gamestops have both gotten more copies in as have Best Buy and Target. I'm not sure what happened, but for some reason it took a week for some of the copies these stores expected originally to show up. In any event, it's not really hard to find and will continue to get easier to find in the coming weeks.

Its published by Nintendo. Retail will be flooded with them in a week or two. They still have $5 copies of Sin and Punishment 2 at my Walmart. That was going to be a "rare" Nintendo game too, haha.

[quote name='TheOpusFuller']Does anyone know how limited these bundles will end up being? We're they seriously preorder only? Will they end up having more?[/QUOTE]

Most gamestops around me have a few sitting around. "Most" as in "every one I've stepped into lately (3+), but I haven't done a complete audit to say that they all have them."

Also, the game is on their download site, and will be in every Gamestop by the end of the month in physical form, Nintendo just had supply constraints. At some point, deamd will hit a wall and these will sit around again.

And then I will pick up a copy.

Do FE games ever drop from MSRP or go on sale? I've bought all the others at release but I don't have a 3DS yet. Should I just pick the next one up I see at $40?

Last edited by a moderator:
From what I've seen in the past, they gradually go down in price as the system they're on ages, but then they rise fairly quickly after said system loses support and the next gen comes in (but to their original MSRP values, at most).

In other words, you'll probably see it for $20 somewhere down the line, maybe in a year or two, but I wouldn't expect much better than that. Who knows, though? Time will probably make a fool out of me this time, anyway.

Actually, now that I look, Path of Radiance is going for $70+ on eBay, and that's for used, not even new. What the heck happened to cause this? I wonder if Awakening's release has increased the demand for the past games.

[quote name='Green Card200']Do FE games ever drop from MSRP or go on sale? I've bought all the others at release but I don't have a 3DS yet. Should I just pick the next one I see up at $40?[/QUOTE]

FWIW, Fire Emblem shadow dragon was on clearance at target at target and kmart at once point. (It's since become hard to find and selling at above MSRP.)

To be fair, however, Shadow Dragon was easily the low point of the US releases and not too well received (hence why Nintendo passed on releasing its sequel over here). Even I don't own a copy of it, and I'm one of the biggest fans of the series you'll find.

[quote name='ARsignal11']You can't download the free DLC from the eshop. The only way to download it is by playing the game and beating up through chapter 5. At that point, something opens up in the overworld that allows you to download the DLC. Only then can you download the DLC and have them Marth map for free. But be aware its only free up until 3/06 and then it will revert to its normal price at $2.50.

As far as the spotpass characters are concerned, yes, that is completely different from the DLC. While this is probably not the most exact explanation, you basically get free access to characters from past Fire Emblem games that you're able to summon to the overworld and parlay with (buy items from, battle with and ultimately, recruit if you choose to do so). This is completely free and available at any point throughout the game. You randomly get access to different characters every day. It's only accessible from the in-game menu. That's how I understand it anyway.

It's actually not that complicated once you play the game and get into the menus. Then you'll see that what belongs where.

Edit: Here's a better explanation of the Spotpass in FE:A - http://fireemblemwiki.org/SpotPass[/QUOTE]

hmm that is pretty stupid actually. I have to play all the way through chapter 5 before i can get marth? The whole thing was i didn't want to play my system until i get the screen protector on. Is there no way to just get the DLC character NOW and mess with it later? It sounds like i have to play through the first 5 chapters =( If thats the case how long does it take to get there if you go as fast as possible?

I would think you could just get it from in game menu. Seems really stupid that you cant just d.load it. I'll go ahead and read up on that link you gave me see if it clarifies the spotpass thing, thanks

[quote name='Kenshindono']hmm that is pretty stupid actually. I have to play all the way through chapter 5 before i can get marth? The whole thing was i didn't want to play my system until i get the screen protector on. Is there no way to just get the DLC character NOW and mess with it later? It sounds like i have to play through the first 5 chapters =( If thats the case how long does it take to get there if you go as fast as possible?

I would think you could just get it from in game menu. Seems really stupid that you cant just d.load it. I'll go ahead and read up on that link you gave me see if it clarifies the spotpass thing, thanks[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I don't particularly like the way the DLC works either. It is free til March 6th though, so you have a few weeks leeway to get your screen protector on before using the system. I'd say I got to the point I could get the DLC in about 3 hours, and I wasn't hurrying. Also, you don't have to BEAT the 5th chapter, but just get to it to have access to the DLC area.

I'm seriously considering getting a 3ds tomorrow along with this game. I'd probably get an XL. I've never put any thought into getting a 3ds before, but all the talk about this game has me very interested.

I did not own a DS, so it seems there are a lot of great older games that I could get for relatively cheap, but how is the upcoming lineup for the 3ds? The only other retail games in which I am interested right now are 3d Land and Layton.

Should I get a 3ds? I've been back and forth on this like crazy for the past few days...I need help!

[quote name='YBX87']i never said it was the same.[/QUOTE]And I didn't say ya did. ;)

[quote name='GBAstar']I'd say that Fire Emblem: Awakening is one of the most desired : hardest to find standard edition games in recent history.
[quote name='bojay1997']Yes, but much of the "rarity" is a very temporary supply problem.[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]Exactly this. When a shipping error happens on the manufacturer's end this is the result.

When a massive place like amazon gives the heads-up on their product page about a delay before the game even reaches its street date, there was obviously something that got screwy along the way that had nothing to do with demand. Plus, smaller online retailers like newegg haven't even gotten their first wave of shipments yet.

Now that I think of it, I wonder how many digital copies Nintendo has sold. :whistle2:k

[quote name='bojay1997']In just the past few days, my local Gamestops have both gotten more copies in as have Best Buy and Target. I'm not sure what happened, but for some reason it took a week for some of the copies these stores expected originally to show up. In any event, it's not really hard to find and will continue to get easier to find in the coming weeks.[/QUOTE]Absolutely. We are already seeing this in the form of updated arrival dates of early next week for both the 3DS bundle and the solo game.

[quote name='GBAstar']And don't say because it's niche because Target and Kmart are carrying it and they don't typically step out of the major release comfort zone.[/QUOTE]Wasn't going to, its been getting a good amount of exposure for a non-AAA title. I've seen print ads in gaming mags and it was on the front page of gamestop.com for a bit. In short: the game has gotten *some* attention from Nintendo as far as marketing goes. As opposed to none. I'd say it's similar to the Shin Megami Tensei/Persona franchise: a step above niche. Whatever that would be called.

Not that any of this has to do with all the shipping delays. :lol:

[quote name='GBAstar']Besides not many standard edition games will sell for 150% of MSRP ~ 10 days after release[/QUOTE]What retailer is selling it for $60? I'm aware that impatient folks with money to burn are buying it on ebay for more than MSRP.

[quote name='Deserter Goose']From what I've seen in the past, they gradually go down in price as the system they're on ages, but then they rise fairly quickly after said system loses support and the next gen comes in (but to their original MSRP values, at most).

In other words, you'll probably see it for $20 somewhere down the line, maybe in a year or two, but I wouldn't expect much better than that. Who knows, though? Time will probably make a fool out of me this time, anyway.

Actually, now that I look, Path of Radiance is going for $70+ on eBay, and that's for used, not even new. What the heck happened to cause this? I wonder if Awakening's release has increased the demand for the past games.[/QUOTE]I think that is a result of it being an old game that didn't get any special exposure. That said, I have no idea what it was selling for, say, 18 months ago. I imagine the price likely wasn't too far off from that and almost certainly was above MSRP.

[quote name='Stri26']I'm seriously considering getting a 3ds tomorrow along with this game. I'd probably get an XL. I've never put any thought into getting a 3ds before, but all the talk about this game has me very interested.

I did not own a DS, so it seems there are a lot of great older games that I could get for relatively cheap, but how is the upcoming lineup for the 3ds? The only other retail games in which I am interested right now are 3d Land and Layton.

Should I get a 3ds? I've been back and forth on this like crazy for the past few days...I need help![/QUOTE]

Line-up's pretty good. The fact that you never owned a ds helps make it a great purchase, DS has a great gaming library. If you're interested in Layton you'll probably want to start with the first game and work your way through the series. So that's 5 games right there. You'll also probably dig the Phoenix Wright series, Ghost Trick, Hotel Dusk, and possibly Trauma Center.

If you're interested in Tactical RPG's, then the two devil survivor games are worth picking up. There's a remade version of the first one for the 3DS with voice acting and an 8th day added.

Another quality RPG release this month is Etrian Odyssey IV. Looks like it'll be the best in the series, just like this FE release was. There's a demo on the e-shop you can check out.

Good time to jump on the 3DS bandwagon imo.

[quote name='Stri26']I'm seriously considering getting a 3ds tomorrow along with this game. I'd probably get an XL. I've never put any thought into getting a 3ds before, but all the talk about this game has me very interested.

Should I get a 3ds? I've been back and forth on this like crazy for the past few days...I need help![/QUOTE]
Since you haven't experienced the DS stuff yet I'd say go for it. The DS library is terrific and while the upcoming 3DS releases aren't spectacular there are still games well worth owning out now. And I'm sure Nintendo will continue to improve the 3DS library as time rolls on. They have a great history in that department.

Another quick note: Do you dig JRPGs, strategy RPGs, Pokemon, Harvest Moon-type games? If so you'll get tons of mileage from a 3DS XL. :)

[quote name='TheOpusFuller']Does anyone know how limited these bundles will end up being? We're they seriously preorder only? Will they end up having more?[/QUOTE]
Gamestop.com is currently OOS.

Man, this game is exceptional. Just really great production values and strong gameplay. Owning both a vita and a 3ds, I have to say that this is the first game that's really bumped the 3ds up to feeling slightly superior to the vita. If you haven't picked up a copy, find one ASAP

[quote name='etcrane']Man, this game is exceptional. Just really great production values and strong gameplay. Owning both a vita and a 3ds, I have to say that this is the first game that's really bumped the 3ds up to feeling slightly superior to the vita. If you haven't picked up a copy, find one ASAP[/QUOTE]

i have yet to find a vita game that pars with any of the big titles nintendo has been dishing out for 3ds, but i do agree that this is a great game. 20 hours in already and its only been day 2.

[quote name='Wolfnix90']i have yet to find a vita game that pars with any of the big titles nintendo has been dishing out for 3ds, but i do agree that this is a great game. 20 hours in already and its only been day 2.[/QUOTE]

Gravity Rush is pretty great imo, won GOTY at Tokyo Game Show. Also free for PS+ subscribers. Think it goes toe to toe with anything Nintendo's made for the 3ds thus far. But the Vita's pretty slim for games right about now, while the 3DS has only just begun it's dominance.

There will be no comparison between the two unless Sony finds a way to turn things around within the next year.

DoodofDoods, JCrichton - Thanks for the input! The DS library is appealing. I haven't dug into a pokemon game since red/blue, but I can definitely see myself playing a new one. Have also never really messed with jrpgs, but would be more likely to do so on a handheld.

Thanks again!

Last I knew after the USPS's fuck up of shipping it to a different state, my copy was in Baltimore two nights ago. I just hope it does get here.

If it gets lost and every copy gets sold out, oh boy I will be pissed.

[quote name='Wolfnix90']i have yet to find a vita game that pars with any of the big titles nintendo has been dishing out for 3ds, but i do agree that this is a great game. 20 hours in already and its only been day 2.[/QUOTE]

Graphically or gameplay wise?

Graphically I could put my vita in the microwave for a few minutes, drop it in the toilet, and then put in perhaps the worse vita game, little deviants and still have an image displayed that is better then the "let's make da background blurry to create a 3D gimmick effect so people don't realize da graphix stink"

I agree that the top four or five 3DS games are excellent games. But the software on that machine is absolute rubbish and anyone that says otherwise hasn't tried to use the browser or netflix on that brick.

bread's done
Back