first party Wii component cables up now on Nintendo's store![BACKORDERS NOW SHIPPING]

[quote name='ychanus']Can I use Component cable from Gamecube on Wii as I have one?[/QUOTE]

No. They are different cables.

Got mine, however when i check the status, it says backordered..anyone else have this?

Mine lists as backordered as well.

I picked one up at TRU for $20. I believe BB and CC carry them for $25.

I'm pretty pleased. I have my 360, Xbox, and PS2 hooked up with component cables and I don't notice any hit to signal quality.

The problem is that it only has 4 inputs, but even worse is that only 3 of them are component. It also does't have inputs for optical audio. For the Wii that's not a concern but for DVD players and the Xboxs and all it is.

So my take is, for $20 it can't be beat. I'm looking to upgrade to a beefier Joytech one that has ethernet ports and optical audio and 7 component inputs that BB carries for $90. But the Pelican was great for what it is and for the price. I don't believe you're going to find anything else for much under $100.

[quote name='hdtvrand']If you don't mind me asking, where did you pick one up at, and how much was it? How's the quality? I saw a "cheap" one at radioshack so I'm trying to decide which one to pick up.

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

The recording on the phone stated that B&M wil have them some time in the middle of December.

There's a chance that some 3rd party ones will be availble, but its not a certainty.

[quote name='hdtvrand']If you don't mind me asking, where did you pick one up at, and how much was it? How's the quality? I saw a "cheap" one at radioshack so I'm trying to decide which one to pick up.

Thanks.[/QUOTE]
I haven't tried it yet cause I'm waiting on my Wii cables before I re-wire everything. I got mine at BB for $20. As was said before it does not have optical outs but that's not really a problem for me cause I only have one optical out(PS2) and it just runs straight to the reciever. For under $100 this is your best bet.
-G

[quote name='v0yce']The recording on the phone stated that B&M wil have them some time in the middle of December.

There's a chance that some 3rd party ones will be availble, but its not a certainty.[/quote]Cool thanks for the quick reply. I think I can wait until December or so. It came out to about $38, so as long as they're available in store, I'd rather use the giftcards I have.

The page for the cables has yet to load for me. Can anyone tell me if you can order other stuff from Nintendo's store (like DS game boxes) along with the cable to save on shipping or is the cable something you have to order by itself?

from what the guys on gaf are saying, if you try to order through the website, or call nintendo , it says the cables are backordered till the 25th so that sucks.

[quote name='Indonesia']Mine backordered also. Looks like it is because the wii is not officially available yet for North America.[/quote]

Hmm, maybe...were there any people who ordered it by phone last night and see their status as backordered?

[quote name='icruise']The page for the cables has yet to load for me. Can anyone tell me if you can order other stuff from Nintendo's store (like DS game boxes) along with the cable to save on shipping or is the cable something you have to order by itself?[/QUOTE]

Worked just fine for me a moment ago. Thanks OP!

I just ordered and it worked fine, Thanks.

Edit: I called u p and spoke to a customer service agent. He said that there was an email sent to a limited number of people that was leaked and they were not supposed to be even up for sale today. He said some people got lucky and will get theres shiiped out most orders will be backorderd and should ship out the 25th. And the retails stores should have them by mid Dec.

well that stinks, now i dont know if i want to cancel or not and perhaps just pick up the 3rd party (if avail launch day)...

[quote name='SailorDaravon']All orders past #900 or so are backordered until the 25th.[/quote]

How'd you know that?
My order is 898, you better be right. lol

[quote name='SailorDaravon']All orders past #900 or so are backordered until the 25th.[/QUOTE]

My order is in the 900s and still states preparing....Will find out soon.

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

I have the Pelican one too and I have no complaints. Well worth the money. Actually I have just one.

The dvd nameplate (it came with nameplates for dvd and the consoles) wouldn't fit in so I had to leave it sort of sitting there. One day I was vacuuming and I managed to knock the piece onto the floor and suck it up all in one motion. d'oh.

It looks like the problem I was having accessing the site was a Safari incompatibility of some kind. I tried Firefox and it works. Just a heads-up to anyone having a similar problem.

This is nuts-Nintendo launched a next-gen system without COMPONENT cables available in-store!?!?!

62606 Wii Component Video Cable (1 @ $29.95 = $29.95)

Total cost of items purchased: $29.95
Total Applicable Taxes: $2.18
Total Shipping and Handling costs: $5.00

============================================================================
Grand Total for order: $37.13

as in the words of mario " HEHE I got IT!"

[quote name='kastonie']62606 Wii Component Video Cable (1 @ $29.95 = $29.95)

Total cost of items purchased: $29.95
Total Applicable Taxes: $2.18
Total Shipping and Handling costs: $5.00

============================================================================
Grand Total for order: $37.13

as in the words of mario " HEHE I got IT!"[/QUOTE]

Don't count your chickens before they're shipped.

If you just ordered, you're going to be backordered and WAY back in the line.

whats this i see people talking about they only have 900 available? I didnt see that on nintendo's site anywhere....

The Big N needs to wake up and smell the coffee. Rest assured finding these at a B&M after Sunday will be impossible. Maybe an ebay market for the cables?

Aahhh, that must have been the problem. I too was using Safari and just got a blank page. I just assumed the site was down so I ordered over the phone.

[quote name='icruise']It looks like the problem I was having accessing the site was a Safari incompatibility of some kind. I tried Firefox and it works. Just a heads-up to anyone having a similar problem.[/QUOTE]

Are these going to be available in store? And are these the same type of cables that the 360 and PS3 are going to use? I know little to nothing about High-definition composite mumbo-jumbo =p.

How do you know what number you are? My order number is huge, but ordered 4 hours ago so I think I am ok. Is it the first 3-digits of your order number or something?

[quote name='kastonie']whats this i see people talking about they only have 900 available? I didnt see that on nintendo's site anywhere....[/QUOTE]

It isn't that Nintendo has 900. Instead, people are referring to order numbers in the 900s.

bread's done
Back