first party Wii component cables up now on Nintendo's store![BACKORDERS NOW SHIPPING]

[quote name='guinaevere']The 28th is eight days away. Practice patience and save yourself some money, Michael.

The game will look exactly the same as it does when the $35 Nintendo shipment goes out next week, as it would if you paid $100 to someone for them to arrive in a couple days.[/QUOTE]

SHHHHHH!!!

So, Michael.......Ever been to Bangkok?

[quote name='Michaellvortega']If he lived in Wisconsin I'd drive down and get them right now.

Right now my offer is, 2 SEALED Wiimotes to anyone within 2 hours drive of Milwaukee.[/QUOTE]

Hmm... Mine are on the way... no way of knowing when they'll arrive to my house though. I might consider that offer, as I'm just south of Madison....

[quote name='psunami']Hmm... Mine are on the way... no way of knowing when they'll arrive to my house though. I might consider that offer, as I'm just south of Madison....[/QUOTE]

Let me know, I'm dead fucking serous, My TomTom will take me to where I need to go.

[quote name='purduealum91']Tybee, do it. See if you get a $100. I bet you will, lol[/QUOTE]

I'm not doing it, but I bet if someone ran a 24 hour auction, the end price would be between 100-150.

Last I looked there were only 2 listed, and both were bundled with the system. One of the guys asked the seller if he'd sell separately and was begging for it.

When these were hard to get for the GameCube it seemed like they kept moving back the date--I'm not sure I'd count on a quick shipment if they couldn't keep the GC ones available a couple years after launch (pretty sure these were hard to get in 2003-04).

Its just staying in my son's room until I get Component.

[quote name='turls']When these were hard to get for the GameCube it seemed like they kept moving back the date--I'm not sure I'd count on a quick shipment if they couldn't keep the GC ones available a couple years after launch (pretty sure these were hard to get in 2003-04).

Its just staying in my son's room until I get Component.[/QUOTE]

I think they were hard to get because Nintendo stopped making cubes with a digital out. So they had kind of abandoned it.
Based on that, I am sure they had limited quantities available for the wiilaunch. But with demand as it is now, I would imagine Nintendo much more likely to being producing comp cables in greater quantity.

Zelda on my 50" with composite doesn't look so bad. it doesn't come close to the clarity of my GC thru component, but it's no slouch. i wish i hadn't hesitated when they were up on Nintendo.com, but i can wait a few more weeks. it's not exactly like a 360 (720p component vs. 480i composite), so my aging eyes will be content with fuzzy images until the cables become available again.

I am glad I have never played a video game in resolution higher than 480i. i think the Composite resolutiuon in Wii in absolutley fine

[quote name='pop311']I am glad I have never played a video game in resolution higher than 480i. i think the Composite resolutiuon in Wii in absolutley fine[/quote]

i thought you were trying to buy one of these cables, less than a day ago. what happened?

[quote name='allyourblood']i thought you were trying to buy one of these cables, less than a day ago. what happened?[/quote]nope

[quote name='pop311']nope[/quote]
i refer you to post #422 of this thread where you told PaulG (in regards to his component cable), "Be a nice guy and sell it to me."

I was, I didn't[quote name='allyourblood']i refer you to post #422 of this thread where you told PaulG (in regards to his component cable), "Be a nice guy and sell it to me."[/quote]

it says on the site it will be available at stores like BB/GS in early/mid december. think I will try to get it in one of those stores. Dont need it that quick, I can wait.

woohoo! mine's shipped friday. Granted I did regular shipping so I probably see them till after the holidays. It's just nice to know they are on the way.

[quote name='KongaKing']Is anyone else (Who got the Wii at midnight) only getting Audio from their cables? Freakin hell I can't get video from them...[/QUOTE]

Just so anyone wants to know, it turns out the cables are fine, but lucky me, my HD-TV decided to die the week of the Wii

[quote name='KongaKing']Just so anyone wants to know, it turns out the cables are fine, but lucky me, my HD-TV decided to die the week of the Wii[/QUOTE]

So are you selling your cables?

[quote name='KongaKing']Just so anyone wants to know, it turns out the cables are fine, but lucky me, my HD-TV decided to die the week of the Wii[/quote]

that sucks. sorry to hear it.

[quote name='KongaKing']Just so anyone wants to know, it turns out the cables are fine, but lucky me, my HD-TV decided to die the week of the Wii[/quote]
Youch. Now THAT has to hurt.

[quote name='Michaellvortega']So are you selling your cables?[/quote] We need an award for the person most devoted to making life difficult for himself.

Order from nintendo. Wait a few days.

Less stress.

hey does Zelda look much nicer on componenet? it looks like balls right now on my 45" Aquos LCDTV. I can't stand the blurriness. Hopefully 480p will improve on it. Mine shipped today and will get here to NYC sometime next week, I may hold off on my Zelda until then. Meanwhile I'll just workout with Wii Sports

should i order a few, these people are crazy (the buyers) bidding them for up to 160 dollars now. i would order like 10 a make a killing there to offset the cost of my wii.

you think by the time i get the shipment this will be down to the normal price or at least not as crazy? in the 40-50 range?

Hell, I had mine shipped USPS to my PO Box. Got my confirmation on Thursday 3:45pm that they shipped and had them in my box on Monday. Not bad for cheap shipping from Washington to South Carolina :)

BTW, noticable difference on my Wii Sports and Zelda, much sharper and worth it!

[quote name='chodax']This is a dumb question, but how do i know if my TV can use component cables?[/QUOTE]
take a look at the inputs on your tv (this could be on the front or side but is usually in the back)
composite/rca are the "normal" yellow video and red/white audio
s-video will look like you could plug a mouse in there (not a usb, but the old ps/2 inputs on a computer)
component input is red, green and blue colored inputs (all video) and is usually next to white/red for audio
if still confused, you could list your tv make, model, year and someone might know about your specific tv (if it is from the last couple years, it almost definitely will have component inputs)

What audio cables can the Wii have? Is it just L/R or is there currently/going to be coax/optical audio? Do the component cables just have L/R?

[quote name='chodax']Yea mine only has s video yellow, white, and red. O well :([/quote]Even though you can't use component, I'd jump at an S-Video cable as soon as they are available. S-Video is a HUGE improvement over composite.

[quote name='Lampei']What audio cables can the Wii have? Is it just L/R or is there currently/going to be coax/optical audio? Do the component cables just have L/R?[/QUOTE]
Wii only does L/R, like GC. It still does Dolby Pro Logic II, but no Dolby Digital for you. DPLII is still pretty good.

Honestly I dont really hear a drastic difference with DD and DPL2. I was playing gears of war at a buddies house and we had changed it to regular red white and put it on PL2 to test it and then put it back to optical for DD 5.1 I honestly dont hear a big difference in video games. DVD movies are a different story.

[quote name='mkelehan']Wii only does L/R, like GC. It still does Dolby Pro Logic II, but no Dolby Digital for you. DPLII is still pretty good.[/quote]That was my biggest disappointment to RE4. The soundtrack and the ambient noises would have been brilliant in digital.

[quote name='pop311']Now Backordered to the 18, of December[/QUOTE]

Damn. Oh well, I guess I'll just wait it out until they are available in stores.

[quote name='asianxcore']Damn. Oh well, I guess I'll just wait it out until they are available in stores.[/quote]

Yeah i'm thinking that too, this is just nuts.

Anyone have info on when the cutoff was for the orders that came in prior to being backordered to the 18th of December? I'm hoping I get in on the shipment they're supposed to get for the 28th of November.

[quote name='Z-Saber']Even though you can't use component, I'd jump at an S-Video cable as soon as they are available. S-Video is a HUGE improvement over composite.[/quote]

Huh? No matter whether you are Svid or composite, you are 480i(ish) and non-widescreen. There is no comparison between the difference between those two cables and component, which will get you to 480p and widescreen.

Svideo seperates chominance and luminance, which is the only advantage it has over component.

It _used_ to be a "HUGE" improvement in the analog world. . .when everything was relative ;)

[quote name='turls']Huh? No matter whether you are Svid or composite, you are 480i(ish) and non-widescreen. There is no comparison between the difference between those two cables and component, which will get you to 480p and widescreen.

Svideo seperates chominance and luminance, which is the only advantage it has over component.

It _used_ to be a "HUGE" improvement in the analog world. . .when everything was relative ;)[/QUOTE]
-on the wii, the display will be widescreen if thats what you chose in setup 480i or 480p
-there is a very noticeable differene between compositeand s-video......s-video being basically the middleground bewtween composite and component

[quote name='anderton']I'm assuming every order before they put their new notice up is due next week.[/quote]When did they put up the notice for the backorder 'till the 18th?

bread's done
Back