Flip Successes and Flip Flops

[quote name='sgaldis']Check this out. Definitely a flip 'flop'. Is the market tanking for this? Well, that's cool, I've only got a few more to get rid of and my area is pretty dry.[/QUOTE]

It's because of this thread and all you lurkers out there that have no business flipping on ebay. You fricking flood the market and lower the prices. Someone should kill this thread.

If your cost on the bus is cheaper then what you could sell the game for and you could say make a 15-25 dollar profit I would do it.

[quote name='omg itz adam']If your cost on the bus is cheaper then what you could sell the game for and you could say make a 15-25 dollar profit I would do it.[/quote] Yeah, it's only $2 for a day pass, so that seems good. Not sure if I want to take the time though, because it's sunday, and buses only come every hour on sunday, so it'll take a few hours.

I managed to find 2 PS2 network adapters and one Ultimate Duck Hunting. Thanks for the tips on that guys. Hope they sell well :)

Why on earth does NCAA 2k3 sell for so much? Anyone know. I'm curious...

[quote name='goomba478']I managed to find 2 PS2 network adapters and one Ultimate Duck Hunting. Thanks for the tips on that guys. Hope they sell well :)

Why on earth does NCAA 2k3 sell for so much? Anyone know. I'm curious...[/QUOTE]

NCAA 2k3 is also considered to be the best one made so far also

[quote name='RandyTsai']The other game that I have never found was documents of metar gear solid. I believe it is actually a dvd.[/quote]

That's funny...I actually got turned onto that here yesterday, and managed to find two today!

[quote name='ninja dog']wow 2 American Idols at a Sears I thought would be picked over.

also AI Encore 2 is starting to sell above retail.[/quote]
holy shit 2?! that should net you $300 for both (if they still sell for $150) sell sell sell!!

you know, after posting the tip about AI Encore.. 2 or 3 weeks later i havent been able to see AI Encore 2 for the Wii anywhere. maybe people are just nuts over AI (the Wii version specifically). the 360 version is also looking a little slim these days but the ps3 version i still see them at best buys and gamestops.

[quote name='RandyTsai']It's because of this thread and all you lurkers out there that have no business flipping on ebay. You fricking flood the market and lower the prices. Someone should kill this thread.[/quote]

Are you freaking serious with this statement? I think I have seen you post at least 20+ times to this thread, and you're asking to have it closed? It's a discussion thread!

Looking back, I guess you thought I was the 'stoopid noob' whose Gripshift only sold for 13 bucks....Hardly! I was just skimming through the recent completed listings, and that one stuck out to me in particular, but I noticed a lower trend for prices in the last few days, in general.

And I don't understand you complaining aboout these 'lurkers' flooding the market. What should everyone do, squirel all of their copies away in a closet, and let you corner the market exclusively?

[quote name='trezzi']hmm.. does anyone think I should hold onto Tetris DS? sealed copy, or should I just flip it?[/quote] I'd just keep it on ebay. Don't see them going higher than they already are for a long time.

SMT: Devil Summoner just saw a huge spike in price (the average was around $25 yesterday but used copies on Amazon are up to $65 today and around $50 on eBay right not), probably due to the fact that the sequel was announced...and this is $8.99 at GS! Go pick it up!

[quote name='phear3d']holy shit 2?! that should net you $300 for both (if they still sell for $150) sell sell sell!!

you know, after posting the tip about AI Encore.. 2 or 3 weeks later i havent been able to see AI Encore 2 for the Wii anywhere. maybe people are just nuts over AI (the Wii version specifically). the 360 version is also looking a little slim these days but the ps3 version i still see them at best buys and gamestops.[/QUOTE]

Encore 2 on Wii doesn't seem to be selling so well on EBay which is a shame. New copies are going for around $60 - $65. My local Best Buy had a few for $49.99 but even if they went for $80 (that is what some has it for with Buy It Now), it still isn't worth it. $53 with tax, EBay gets $12 if it is a $80 sale, that is $65, Paypal gets another $3 or so, only $12 profit.

[quote name='phear3d']holy shit 2?! that should net you $300 for both (if they still sell for $150) sell sell sell!!

you know, after posting the tip about AI Encore.. 2 or 3 weeks later i havent been able to see AI Encore 2 for the Wii anywhere. maybe people are just nuts over AI (the Wii version specifically). the 360 version is also looking a little slim these days but the ps3 version i still see them at best buys and gamestops.[/QUOTE]

They were going for $150?! fuck, why didn't I go to that store sooner....

I sold one for $120 on amazon and I'm having trouble selling the other for $110 on amazon right now. That could just be because today is the super bowl and people aren't searching for American Idol. It's also because some arse face keeps pricing his one cent lower. I hate that, but that's just the amazon game, I suppose :) A lot of times I drop the price by $5 or $10, just because I get sick of the one penny less game. If they follow me then, then I close the listing and let theirs sell at that price. :lol:

I don't get why AI Encore 1 is the popular one. There's a sequel (which you would think improves things), its readily available, and cheaper.

I read on a forum somewhere that a lot of the high volume Amazon sellers have programs that run like once an hour and automatically reprice their products one cent lower if they don't have the low price

[quote name='trezzi']I read on a forum somewhere that a lot of the high volume Amazon sellers have programs that run like once an hour and automatically reprice their products one cent lower if they don't have the low price[/QUOTE]

It probably isnt that hard to get a bot to do that

[quote name='trezzi']I read on a forum somewhere that a lot of the high volume Amazon sellers have programs that run like once an hour and automatically reprice their products one cent lower if they don't have the low price[/quote]

Yea, ive seen that. Always meant to mess with the API and make a service myself, but haven't gotten around to it :)

[quote name='drtomoe123']SMT: Devil Summoner just saw a huge spike in price (the average was around $25 yesterday but used copies on Amazon are up to $65 today and around $50 on eBay right not), probably due to the fact that the sequel was announced...and this is $8.99 at GS! Go pick it up![/quote]

Thank you! Nearest GS has one brand new. Guess what I'm picking up tomorrow? :)

I'd assume so, but in the past, if I ever hypothetically did any sort of botting with pc games, I'd use a premade program. No idea how it would be set up. On another note, I did a bit of searching and there's a program called AMan that charges you $49 a month but apparently does the auto repricing for you.
http://bsf2.spaceware.com/

[quote name='DarkRider23']Thank you! Nearest GS has one brand new. Guess what I'm picking up tomorrow? :)[/QUOTE]

It'll probably be gutted, but that'll be a nice find :)

and a pricing bot seems like kind of a bad idea. if someone decides to sell their game for a significantly lower price, that might screw up your own sale. I guess if you're moving volume and are getting insane profit margins regardless, it's not a bad idea. it at least saves the time of checking each day.

[quote name='DarkRider23']Thank you! Nearest GS has one brand new. Guess what I'm picking up tomorrow? :)[/QUOTE]

Well, crap, no copies within 100 miles of me, new or used... And that used to be such a common/cheap game. I do have one I picked up from GS back when it dropped to $19.99 I think. I'll have to find it and consider selling it (I was intending to keep/play it but who am I kidding, I'll never get around to doing so - still have the Persona games, DDS1/2, and Nocturne all sitting here unplayed as well).

bet you that they don't even have it.

[quote name='RandyTsai']It's because of this thread and all you lurkers out there that have no business flipping on ebay. You fricking flood the market and lower the prices. Someone should kill this thread.[/QUOTE]

you know, I've always felt this kind of talk was a pink elephant on CAG. Like keeping good flips a secret and whatnot. But the fact is, there's always a big enough window where the demand doesn't get overpowered and most of us seem to get in on it, so I don't see the harm. so now I just keep my mouth shut about local stores.

Gripshift was milked for a long time despite the flood. The second it was found out, a ton of copies hit ebay. there was a 1 day window where you could get over a $100. but a high profile flip like that it bound to die quickly (like Lumines.)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ninja dog']you know, I've always felt this kind of talk was a pink elephant on CAG. Like keeping good flips a secret and whatnot. But the fact is, there's always a big enough window where the demand doesn't get overpowered and most of us seem to get in on it, so I don't see the harm. so now I just keep my mouth shut about local stores.

Gripshift was milked for a long time despite the flood. The second it was found out, a ton of copies hit ebay. there was a 1 day window where you could get over a $100. but a high profile flip like that it bound to die quickly (like Lumines.)

On the other hand, we could create a private Friend Group (anyone else remember the Group function on CAG? I sure didn't until I wrote this sentence lol) for this sort of thing.[/QUOTE]

you know i don't mind sharing, but a couple of days ago. adam was asking if there were any other flips and I asked him to aim me. Guess what I got 10 pm's from random people asking me if I know any other flips. That shiet, straight up pissed me off. Im down for setting up a friend group, but if you guys are on aim it would be easier to just talk there.

[quote name='ninja dog']

On the other hand, we could create a private Friend Group (anyone else remember the Group function on CAG? I sure didn't until I wrote this sentence lol) for this sort of thing.[/quote]

That would actually be a really cool group. It'll keep all the lurkers out and it'll keep the people who actually contribute somewhat to flipping.

I was actually putting together a website for such a group before I found this thread on CAG. I was just looking into the legalities of posting the different flips and such in a somewhat public area. Not sure if it breaks any types of laws or whatever. I may still put it together because if it was just a forum sort of thing I don't see how that's any different than just discussing it.

Anyone interested let me know? I already have the preliminary coding in place and a URL/hosting/etc.

You know, I've never asked this, but can anyone tell me why the PS2 Network Adapters are worth so much?

And on another note, my Data Migration Kit just sold. My friend gave it to me for free when I needed to use it with my new Xbox and when I tried giving it back he simply told me "no, keep it" even after I told him he could eBay it for $50 o_O. Good friend :). And just to stick it to the man, I ordered a Migration Kit from Microsoft. Some of you might call this a cheap move, but Microsoft couldn't make a reliable console so I was forced to buy a second one. I guess this will defray the cost of my second 360.

Edit - Ahaha. I knew there was a reason they were worth money. Thank you Trezzi.

i'd also be interested in joining a sort of private network to discuss flips.
also ps2 network adapters are pricy because they enable piracy on phat ps2's

[quote name='DarkRider23']You know, I've never asked this, but can anyone tell me why the PS2 Network Adapters are worth so much?

And on another note, my Data Migration Kit just sold. My friend gave it to me for free when I needed to use it with my new Xbox and when I tried giving it back he simply told me "no, keep it" even after I told him he could eBay it for $50 o_O. Good friend :). And just to stick it to the man, I ordered a Migration Kit from Microsoft. Some of you might call this a cheap move, but Microsoft couldn't make a reliable console so I was forced to buy a second one. I guess this will defray the cost of my second 360.

Edit - Ahaha. I knew there was a reason they were worth money. Thank you Trezzi.[/QUOTE]

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=212286

[quote name='DarkRider23']You know, I've never asked this, but can anyone tell me why the PS2 Network Adapters are worth so much?[/quote]

Apparently they allow for easy piracy. I'm assuming they allow you to stream ISOs to the PS2 (much akin to what PSO Ep. I and II can do for the Gamecube).

I'm not sure if I've posted in this thread before, but I wanted to let you know that I am not a lurker. I do a lot of independent research on rare games through vgpc and completed listings on eBay. I find it hard to keep up with current gen rares, though, as they seem to change daily, so I check here for updates on them. I found out about Network Adapters months before the rest of the internet and I was getting around $60.00 a piece for them back in July. I don't see the market ever really getting flooded with them as demand is seeming to far outstrip supply. Eventually these things are going to get rare in the US as we send more and more of them out of the country.

If you start a private group, let me know, I'd be happy to contribute my knowledge on rare past-gen games. It seems that there is lurkers on this thread in my area because everytime a new rare drops (for example, Devil Summoner) all the copies in the Triangle are wiped out. They used to have about six or seven copies at the Gamestop in Garner, NC and now they're cleaned out.

I am hearing sentiments that lurkers and flooding are causing prices to drop.

Here are my stats...

I have sold about 13 PS2 adapters thorughout january.

Average ps2 adapter sold for 55 with Free Shipping the first week of Jan.

Average ps2 adapter sold for 41 dollars with Free Shipping Last week of Jan.

Quite a big jump. Am I satisfied with 41 from 13 (how much I paid,) sure, but it could have been better.

For the gripshifts. I don't think its the fault of the market flooding that made everything fluctuate. There were MANY factors. If you did your homework you would have sold them at good prices. Right when I found out about gripshifts they were selling for 50-70 to boot. But the minute I was investigating some of the forums that the devs of the exploit were posting on and heard that the devs thought they would release a EU/Japan release in a manner of days, I put all my auctions up for 1 day only. I sold all 7 copies I had left on 1 day auctions and they sold for 55-65.

If you are gonna flip, you better know what you are dealing with, even going beyond your comfort level of researching things up. This "job," isnt as easy and dumb witted as its cracked up to be. You HAVE to know the market and roll with the punches.

You do have to watch the market alot. Here is an oldie but a classic any Phantasy Star for the gamecube sells for more then what you can find it at a gamestop for. I am sure thats common knowledge to most of you but for those of you who its not then there you go. I think its 8 used at gamestop good luck finding it though.

[quote name='omg itz adam']You do have to watch the market alot. Here is an oldie but a classic any Phantasy Star for the gamecube sells for more then what you can find it at a gamestop for. I am sure thats common knowledge to most of you but for those of you who its not then there you go. I think its 8 used at gamestop good luck finding it though.[/quote]

They're all $4.99 now.

[quote name='gomikeoh']
If you are gonna flip, you better know what you are dealing with, even going beyond your comfort level of researching things up. This "job," isnt as easy and dumb witted as its cracked up to be. You HAVE to know the market and roll with the punches.[/quote]

Hell, I'd still be happy if Network Adapters were going for 30 with free shipping. As long as I can double my investment, I'm good. Any lower than that and fees kill me. Network Adapters used to be great though because no one knew they were a goldmine. Getting $60.00 for something I could easily acquire was awesome. It had to end sometime I guess. Like I said, I've been riding the Network Adapter train since July (or earlier, I can't remember) because I discovered that they had a high resale price through my own research, so I can't be too disappointed with the prices dropping.

Lucky for me, I primarily deal in flipping retro games which stay pretty steady and are almost 100% market saturation-proof since Gamestop no longer sells them (ie they take effort to find). I also get to claim the fame of having achieved the highest sold-price for an opened, well-used, FF7 that I've ever seen on eBay. I sold a copy back in March for $175.50. Still amazes me to this day that the buyer actually paid when 90% of the copies at that time were going for sub-100 prices. (note to lurkers, FF7 is not going for that much anymore, so don't get too happy).

[quote name='omg itz adam']You do have to watch the market alot. Here is an oldie but a classic any Phantasy Star for the gamecube sells for more then what you can find it at a gamestop for. I am sure thats common knowledge to most of you but for those of you who its not then there you go. I think its 8 used at gamestop good luck finding it though.[/QUOTE]

Well aside from Phantasy Star Online III

[quote name='omg itz adam']You do have to watch the market alot. Here is an oldie but a classic any Phantasy Star for the gamecube sells for more then what you can find it at a gamestop for. I am sure thats common knowledge to most of you but for those of you who its not then there you go. I think its 8 used at gamestop good luck finding it though.[/quote]

PSO Plus sells for more than the non-Plus version, even though the differences are scant. The only real differences are the Tower quests that link EP. II to III being included on the disc, which isn't a big deal since you can still play them on the SCHTHACK servers.

I think it is common knowledge that they are rare, like you said. They are just very hard to find, so there isn't much of a shot that the market will be saturated with them.

bread's done
Back