Flip Successes and Flip Flops

Can't think of any specific stories.. but I made about $300-$350 just from re-selling stuff from Target clearance on Craigslist in the month of July. Not much I know, but it's helping me make my car payments and buy groceries especially since I can't find a decent part time job.

Best flip in recent memory would be buying Pokemon Sapphire for $9.50 sealed and re-selling for $40 on Craigslist. I kept a copy for myself and for the CAG community in case someone might wanna snag it. Check out my list! Or it's going on Craigslist for cash!

[quote name='myl0r']bought a ps2 network adapter brand new for $4.98 at gamecrazy. listed it on amazon before bed for $49.99, woke up this morning and it had sold.[/QUOTE]
Lucky, I can't seem to sell mine on ebay for $44.99 with free shipping.

[quote name='sighrex']Lucky, I can't seem to sell mine on ebay for $44.99 with free shipping.[/QUOTE]

They have dropped like crazy in the past month or so. I had to drop the 3 I had to $40.99 w/ Free Shipping but luckily it sold today to someone in France. With shipping it actually works out very well that someone in the USA didn't buy it.

Some years back, Toys R Us clearanced out Bloodrayne for Xbox for $5 a copy. Gamestop was giving $7 trade credit for the game. I bought all copies they had. Though this was before the area Gamestop DM instituted a "one copy of a game per person for life" policy, meaning you can no longer trade in more than one copy of a game in any Cincinnati area store. They catch you trading in 2 or more copies, even across stores, they'll bar you from future trade-ins.

Earlier this year, I scored a few pricier Saturn games for $5 each. I sold them at higher values to help out a friend in financial need. I'd have kept them otherwise.

Otherwise, gaming's always been a large money loss for me, which is why I turned so bad to piracy lately. I only buy Sonic games for my collection or stuff that's harder to bootleg.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']ZOMG How dare you....fuckin' hoarder!!!!! /mock outrage

Seriously, good going.:D When you can make 2-3 or more times what you paid, I say go for it.

I wish the assholes at my local pawn shops were that lenient on pricing, but they price shit like Gamestop and pay out like them too. I took in my last gen collection in early 2008 and they wanted to offer me $130 for all of it(including all of the Silent Hills, Dark Alliance 1&2 and a couple of other really good games). I wanted to tell them to eat shit and choke on it.

I mean, I know they gotta make a profit, but $130 for 100 games and they're all in mint condition? fuck you.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, I've got to a few pawn shops by my house and their prices are pretty high. Sometimes they even have the games at $50 (newer releases). I also don't think I could buy a console from a pawn shop. I drove a friend so she could take her 360 in, and she did the towel trick on it to make it work temporarily so she could sell it. The things you do to afford your rent.

[quote name='psionicjinx']Agreed, I've got to a few pawn shops by my house and their prices are pretty high. Sometimes they even have the games at $50 (newer releases). I also don't think I could buy a console from a pawn shop. I drove a friend so she could take her 360 in, and she did the towel trick on it to make it work temporarily so she could sell it. The things you do to afford your rent.[/QUOTE]Most of the ones around here are like that, except for EZ Cash Super Pawn. Its a great chain, they have blanket prices on each system, last gen is $5 and usually willing to go $3, wii, 360, ds, and psp are $10 but they will usually take 8, and ps3 for some reason are 15 but they will take 10.

[quote name='myl0r']bought a ps2 network adapter brand new for $4.98 at gamecrazy. listed it on amazon before bed for $49.99, woke up this morning and it had sold.
cagus.smile.jpg
[/QUOTE]
Haha, that is excellent, success.

[quote name='sighrex']Lucky, I can't seem to sell mine on ebay for $44.99 with free shipping.[/QUOTE]
Finally sold it :)
Bought one of those "Imagine Party: Babyz" wii game from the gogamer labor day sale (oos now) for $3.99 shipped, will put in the ebay as the cheapeast they go is ~10 BIN

legend of zelda collectors edition for gamecube, does this still reelin 40 on ebay? i ordered 2 copies off a website for 8 each, wanna flip one and keep one, if anyones interested in buying the rest of them let me know but pm in a few days i wanna see if i get them or not

[quote name='Ye0ldmario']legend of zelda collectors edition for gamecube, does this still reelin 40 on ebay? i ordered 2 copies off a website for 8 each, wanna flip one and keep one, if anyones interested in buying the rest of them let me know but pm in a few days i wanna see if i get them or not[/QUOTE]

Remember that time when you cried and quit CAG? Good times.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Remember that time when you cried and quit CAG? Good times.[/QUOTE]
lol i remember :rofl:i wonder what made him changed his mind? maybe cause he turned into a flipper.

40232695.jpg

[quote name='psionicjinx']Agreed, I've got to a few pawn shops by my house and their prices are pretty high. Sometimes they even have the games at $50 (newer releases). I also don't think I could buy a console from a pawn shop. I drove a friend so she could take her 360 in, and she did the towel trick on it to make it work temporarily so she could sell it. The things you do to afford your rent.[/QUOTE]

The non-super chains around my place are the most ridiculous prices I've seen. I sat there looking through ps1/xbox games before I realized they had 19.99-24.99 on all last gen systems and 29.99 on all current gen systems.

Then again..... EZ Pawn has POTC PS3 for 14.99 and it has a 6.99 BBV tag on the front. That's not the only one where the store it was originally sold from had it for less than half the marked price :(

hm when i try to open the google doc in the first post, i get a blank spreadsheet. well not even a spreadsheet, just one small empty cell...

[quote name='phear3d']the guys at noram found the list and probably paid google $100,000 dollerz to remove delete it.[/QUOTE]

Or they recruited converse to work for them.

well, a few days ago, I hit up some gamestops and got 5 copies of Ski Doo Snowmobile for $5 each(all in store credit), and traded them into Game Crazy today. After the $5 trade bump, I got $18 each for them. So I used the buy 2, get 1 free coupon from the Madden coupon book, and got Killzone 2/NCAA Football 10/Wolfenstein. Then traded in Wolfenstein and used the 30% trade bump coupon from the Madden book, so I got $39 in SC for that, and put that towards Beatles Rock Band, using the $10 off Beatles Rock Band coupon from the book. Still had $2 left in store credit when it was all said and done.
So....basically

Turned 5 copies of Ski Doo into
NCAA Football 10
Killzone 2
Beatles Rock Band

Sweet

I guess this counts as a flop, when I was stupid and thought games had no resale value other than going to EB I took (all PSX)

2 copies of FFVII
1 FFVIII
2 FFIX
1 ClockTower
1 Parasite Eve 2

[quote name='myl0r']well, a few days ago, I hit up some gamestops and got 5 copies of Ski Doo Snowmobile for $5 each(all in store credit), and traded them into Game Crazy today. After the $5 trade bump, I got $18 each for them. So I used the buy 2, get 1 free coupon from the Madden coupon book, and got Killzone 2/NCAA Football 10/Wolfenstein. Then traded in Wolfenstein and used the 30% trade bump coupon from the Madden book, so I got $39 in SC for that, and put that towards Beatles Rock Band, using the $10 off Beatles Rock Band coupon from the book. Still had $2 left in store credit when it was all said and done.
So....basically

Turned 5 copies of Ski Doo into
NCAA Football 10
Killzone 2
Beatles Rock Band

Sweet[/QUOTE]

Nice!

bread's done
Back