Flip Successes and Flip Flops

I've exhausted the supply of Backyard Basketball DS in my area, so throwing it out there.

Amazon > Ebay for this game.

Probably has been posted a long time ago. Since I already milked our area - Xenosaga Trilogy for $70-$80 used. You can get all for less than $27~ @ gamestop using EDGE and the 10% eternal coupon.

[quote name='Pr0JectNymPh0!']Probably has been posted a long time ago. Since I already milked our area - Xenosaga Trilogy for $70-$80 used. You can get all for less than $27~ @ gamestop using EDGE and the 10% eternal coupon.[/QUOTE]

I don't know, I'm seeing completed EBay auctions for all 3 going in the $20 to $50 range. Some of that has to do with low BINs though (one person set his BIN for the trilogy at $19.99!).

Stupid Xenosaga. Last summer I flipped probably four copies of III alone from Blockbuster to Gamestop. Wish it would have occurred to me that someone would pay actual money for it.

From the Gamestop Gameday sale. I'm sharing this since I already exceeded my order limit online (I have multiple gamestop accounts) and I'm out of almost all items. I ordered online to make sure that I get sealed copies. I was able to take advantage of the glitch for one order of 18 games so the profit margin was better.

I had about 2-6 copies each of these at one time.

Silent Hill Origins PSP - $10 >> can be flipped up to $22
Valkyria Chronicles - $30 >> flipped up to $47
Castlevania: Dracula X Chronicles $10 >> $17-20
Diablo 2 Battle Chest $20 >> $30-32
Warcraft III: Battlechest $20 >> $30-32
Devil May Cry Greatest Hits Set $20 >> $30
Namco Museum Virtual Arcade $15 >> $25
Final Fantasy I $10 >> $17
Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions $10 >> $16

It's not worth the trouble for me to flip games for a measly $5-10. I need at least Wii Sports level of flip which is still currently $10 -> $35 in Canada.

[quote name='Pr0JectNymPh0!']From the Gamestop Gameday sale. I'm sharing this since I already exceeded my order limit online (I have multiple gamestop accounts) and I'm out of almost all items. I ordered online to make sure that I get sealed copies. I was able to take advantage of the glitch for one order of 18 games so the profit margin was better.

I had about 2-6 copies each of these at one time.

Silent Hill Origins PSP - $10 >> can be flipped up to $22
Valkyria Chronicles - $30 >> flipped up to $47
Castlevania: Dracula X Chronicles $10 >> $17-20
Diablo 2 Battle Chest $20 >> $30-32
Warcraft III: Battlechest $20 >> $30-32
Devil May Cry Greatest Hits Set $20 >> $30
Namco Museum Virtual Arcade $15 >> $25
Final Fantasy I $10 >> $17
Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions $10 >> $16[/QUOTE]

I'm so happy we live in a world without tax, amazon/ebay/paypal fees, free bubble mailers, and where the post office ships everything for free.

[quote name='ninja dog']I'm so happy we live in a world without tax, amazon/ebay/paypal fees, free bubble mailers, and where the post office ships everything for free.[/quote]

Seriously, only Silent Hill Origins and Valkyria Chronicles would be worth more than $1-$2 after fees and tax. Maybe if you got them sealed in store with the 10% off coupon, and if you had the maximum powerseller discount it would be worth it...

[quote name='Zing']It's not worth the trouble for me to flip games for a measly $5-10. I need at least Wii Sports level of flip which is still currently $10 -> $35 in Canada.[/quote]

So, what you are telling me is that if you can get your hands on 20 copies of a game and flip them each for $10 profit, you wouldn't?

[quote name='DarkRider23']So, what you are telling me is that if you can get your hands on 20 copies of a game and flip them each for $10 profit, you wouldn't?[/quote]

That's good news right? It leaves more for other people to flip.

Anyway, it's not that easy to say a $10 profit. I have to know what kind of return it is. You are essentially saying that any profit is good. Would you buy 20 $50 games and be happy with a $10 profit? Not mark up, profit. Again, would you buy 20 $100 items and sell them for $10 profit? Where is your limit? See what I'm saying?

Edit:

Also, you have to be aware of a price drop. Some stuff seems to drop 10 - 20% weekly now.

[quote name='shoe478']That's good news right? It leaves more for other people to flip.

Anyway, it's not that easy to say a $10 profit. I have to know what kind of return it is. You are essentially saying that any profit is good. Would you buy 20 $50 games and be happy with a $10 profit? Not mark up, profit. Again, would you buy 20 $100 items and sell them for $10 profit? Where is your limit? See what I'm saying?

Edit:

Also, you have to be aware of a price drop. Some stuff seems to drop 10 - 20% weekly now.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, like American Idol Encore Wii.

[quote name='phear3d']found a good flip[/QUOTE]

That's actually my auction. I was able to find it at kmart. i just asked the associated if they had any old games in the back and he lead me to the back storage area where i found that and about 20 other older games.

I've also been able to find some old sealed nes games at kmart like this one. Is it worth anything?

vgzt3.jpg

[quote name='RandyTsai']That's actually my auction. I was able to find it at kmart. i just asked the associated if they had any old games in the back and he lead me to the back storage area where i found that and about 20 other older games.[/quote]

Looks like you hit the jackpot big what did kmart charge you for the games

From the latest GAMEFLY SALE. You can flip these titles in craigslist, ebay, amazon.

XBOX 360 - Guilty Gear 2: Overture $14.99 ($13.49 for LVL 3 members) >>> can be flipped anywhere from $26 - $29

Wii - Star Wars: The Force Unleashed $17.99 ($16.19 for LVL 3 members) >>> can be flipped anywhere from $30 - $35

[quote name='shoe478']That's good news right? It leaves more for other people to flip.

Edit:

Also, you have to be aware of a price drop. Some stuff seems to drop 10 - 20% weekly now.[/quote]

Ok, I see what you're getting at. And I'll be honest. There's no way in hell I would buy a $100 item to sell for $10 profit. In my opinion, if something can't get me double the money I paid for it(revenue, not profit), it simply isn't worth it, BUT I will do break this rule for games under $30. Anything under $30 that can make me money is cool with me.

I would have to disagree about some stuff dropping weekly. For the most part, it's a bunch of idiots who just heard of a clearance and want to make a quick buck that drive the price of most items down. That's why I try to stay away from clearance sales. To flip anything from a clearance sale, you'll have to wait 1-2 months before all the idiots sell their stock because they were content making $1 off each item when they could have been making $10 on each item.

[quote name='phear3d']heres an example of an idiot trying to cash in on the bbv sale ($9.99). im sure he gets a bonus headache for it. maybe hes from cag or sd or fw, either way, he failed cause he was a dumbass :)[/quote]

Haha looks like a SD idiot to me, so with the sold price and the shipping the total was 12.61 :) before ebay fees + paypal fees + shipping, makes me glad idiots like that lose money. :cool:

Yeah, s/he probably paid 10.89ish and sold it for 12.61 (minus fees/shipping)....... hell, I'd pay somebody a dollar for doing all of the legwork for me :)

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Guys, I was just joking before. I didn't find a number of those sealed Contras. I've gotten about five PMs already.[/quote]
lol.

Thanks a lot for making me beg. :bomb:

That's actually my auction. I was able to find it at kmart. i just asked the associated if they had any old games in the back and he lead me to the back storage area where i found that and about 20 other older games.

Man that is crazy, but I could definately see Kmart doing that.

I remeber when i worked at kmart back in 2006 and i went back in the stockroom and there was great games back there.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Guys, I was just joking before. I didn't find a number of those sealed Contras. I've gotten about five PMs already.[/QUOTE]

:lol:

Are you serious?

:rofl:

And I just found a stock pile of dusty Panzer Dragoon Sagas they just unearthed from deep in the stock room at a local TRU. They were $5 each. Bought all 10 :whee:

[quote name='Shiroh30']Man that is crazy, but I could definately see Kmart doing that.[/quote]

It's been sitting in the back of a Kmart since 1988 or so? Call me a doubter on that story.

[quote name='etcrane']I've been to that K-mart! Was it sitting on the dusty shelf next to the time machine that brought you back to our reality?[/quote]

Are you talking about the one off Johnson and Main outside of Bellevue?

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Guys, I was just joking before. I didn't find a number of those sealed Contras. I've gotten about five PMs already.[/quote]lol what a bunch of hoarders :).. btw cml for the contra :)

[quote name='s2k']I remeber when i worked at kmart back in 2006 and i went back in the stockroom and there was great games back there.[/quote]

I worked at Kmart at around that time as well, the back room (for electronics as opposed to the rest of the shit back room) was a gold mine. Stereos, phones, games all clearanced out to 90% sitting in the back with nobody knowing. I didn't even need to hide games back in that room if I took one back and put it on a shelf, there it remained till I went back and claimed it.

I still have the stereo I bought for 15 dollars from kmart :) marked down from 350.

Another game that I've exhausted in my area: Ar Tonelico II

If you can find one of these new for the avg retail of $40, they can be sold pretty easily for $60+ on Amazon..

[quote name='trezzi']Another game that I've exhausted in my area: Ar Tonelico II

If you can find one of these new for the avg retail of $40, they can be sold pretty easily for $60+ on Amazon..[/QUOTE]
o_O I have six pages of stores within a 100 miles that sell this (Gamestop) Some are guts, I am sure, but still... and it's shipping from the website too. Why the hell are people overpaying for this?

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']o_O I have six pages of stores within a 100 miles that sell this (Gamestop) Some are guts, I am sure, but still... and it's shipping from the website too. Why the hell are people overpaying for this?[/QUOTE]

Some people only check one or two big sites and don't bother searching for deals. At least that's what it seems like anyway.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']o_O I have six pages of stores within a 100 miles that sell this (Gamestop) Some are guts, I am sure, but still... and it's shipping from the website too. Why the hell are people overpaying for this?[/quote]

Some people are also just lazy. I used to buy new release games and play them for a week or so and then sell them on eBay. (instead of renting) Quite a few times I sold games for more than I spent, even though they could have saved $10 by driving to Wal-Mart...

At the ma & pa game shop I worked at 10 years ago, someone came with all three Panzer Dragoons to sell. I offered $20. He took it, then I bought it from the store.

Knowing that NCAA Basketball 2K3 was the only college bball game for the Gamecube, I bought 25 copies from nearby GS & BB and sold them for $100-$125 as the Final Four approached in 2003.

Made $2000 from E3 shwag in 2002, considered by many to be height of E3 shwag excess. It also helped that I was part of the media and was granted private booth tours, where the real shwag was kept. If you managed a booth tour with a Japanese publisher, you'd often get the shwag made in Japan, not the cheaper product commissioned by the U.S. marketing counterpart.

If anything was considered a flop, it would've been my recent Game Days purchase of 2 copies of Valkyria Chronicles, that wanted to get my cousins as gift. It turned out one cousin already had it, and the other one hates anime/manga character designs, so it's going into my 30-Year Resell Time Capsule.

Yes sir, got rid of all of them. Well i sold each one on average for $38-45. Taking away price of shipping, ebay fees etc, i would say 200x30= $6000.

You're right it was risky.... But i figured with Christmas around the corner they would be very easy to sell, and luckily i was right.

thats just a bit crazy for my tastes... i mean, 1500$ is a bit o cash to chance on a sale. glad it worked out for you though!

Picked up a few penny guides that I sold for 16-22+ shipping each (the CE type guides, hardcover, etc). So that was nice, but i cant do free shipping on those, its brutal.

bread's done
Back