Flip Successes and Flip Flops

Tales of the Abyss guides seems to go for a good amount ($40's). Some of you guys know that already though and it's not easy to find.

[quote name='Amc5kidz']Requested to join the group - I'm out the door to run by another few GS - hopefully they have the Network Adapters.

I hate how inaccurate the tracking system on gamestop's website is.[/quote]

I've found the tracking system to be pretty good, but the problem with the network adapters is they get stolen (and therefore always shows up as "in stock"). One store I went to over the weekend had the ripped open bag on the floor below the other PS2 accessories. Another store where one was supposed to be said flat out that "if it's not over on the hooks, somebody must've stolen it."

[quote name='suko_32']Tales of the Abyss guides seems to go for a good amount ($40's). Some of you guys know that already though and it's not easy to find.[/QUOTE]

Sold that one awhile back for 60. It was one from of my last penny guide run

I seem to recall there was another Backyard sports game worth a lot back then. I don't know if it still holds its value.

[quote name='suko_32']I seem to recall there was another Backyard sports game worth a lot back then. I don't know if it still holds its value.[/quote]

I think one of them was Backyard Hockey.

[quote name='ninja dog']I'm all caught up with the invites. If you sent a request but haven't heard back, that's because you haven't posted in this thread and I don't know you. Umm, too late now? :lol: If you have to, PM me to convince me (not by begging or appealing to my ego or something...I just want to know what you can contribute.)[/quote]

If goomba478 sent a request I would suggest letting him into the group as I am sure he has a lot of knowledge on game prices and flipping. Plus he is an awesome guy.

[quote name='animemaniac14']def allow Berserker to join the group! he is the man when it comes to finding deals[/quote]

I second this, though the spelling is a bit off, lol. I sent a request to join the group.

I'm too lazy to send a PM. I'd love to join the group, though, but I rarely post in this thread. I think that even with a private group flips will still become common knowledge, it might offset that by a few days but I don't think it will completely abolish the problem.

I never did "brag" about this when it happened, but a few years back my Goodwill had sealed copies of CoD3 for 360. They were going for $50 on eBay and I bought 3 for $8 each. They had a whole stack and I kicked myself for not buying them then.

Flop hmm, WoW Wrath Collector's Ed. broke even after shipping (this was a day after the release too).

Nothing real recent though because my Target has been sucking for games lately. :(

[quote name='NintendoGal']I never did "brag" about this when it happened, but a few years back my Goodwill had sealed copies of CoD3 for 360. They were going for $50 on eBay and I bought 3 for $8 each. They had a whole stack and I kicked myself for not buying them then.

Flop hmm, WoW Wrath Collector's Ed. broke even after shipping (this was a day after the release too).

Nothing real recent though because my Target has been sucking for games lately. :([/quote]

im hoping that Wrath CE will REALLY spike in price in a year or two cuz i've got two sealed ones sitting in my car -_-

[quote name='animemaniac14']im hoping that Wrath CE will REALLY spike in price in a year or two cuz i've got two sealed ones sitting in my car -_-[/quote]

Just like the Burning Crusade CE, they won't. They were too overproduced and if it's any indication that the prices are going nowhere every Target and Walmart within a 20 mile radius of me still has a copy on the shelf.

Jeez, this thread is too rad. I wish I'd found it sooner.

I'd love to try and contribute to get access, but Orlando tends to be really dry by the time I see what's up. :/

I will, however, check out some GS's in my area that claim to have the most recently mentioned DS game and hope they're not gutted.

Gotta start somewhere.

I'm hoping that these Mad Catz SF:IV TE sticks sell well before they decide to mass produce them

Eken9, I think they will for at least a few weeks. The only problem is most people that will want them probably are international buyers and the shipping is likely to kill the deal in many cases. Still hopeful as well :) I'm hoping I can find one for myself, even though I'm not sure how I can justify the $150+ price tag =P

[quote name='Doomstink']I'm too lazy to send a PM. I'd love to join the group, though, but I rarely post in this thread. I think that even with a private group flips will still become common knowledge, it might offset that by a few days but I don't think it will completely abolish the problem.[/QUOTE]
You would be surprised how much of it is not common knowledge...

This core flippers group...just in the past day we have accrued over 20-25+ things not mentioned in this thread that could be flipped.

I like the core flippers group cause it limits the chances of lurkers.

Well id love to join your group! ive PMed and feel that i can help with a few flips as well as midwest info.....

i dont post here much... not really one to brag! but i would be happy to help and share flips!

my first brag..: well i have not sold it yet.... but i might want to keep it..... I found a BRAND NEW original NES powerpad! with the original plastic around the cords!! not sure if it is worth much.... they go for about $20 to 40 on ebay.... but maybe i can find a collector who would want a new one! lol

cheers
bug_nuts

[quote name='Glavin']Wii Chicken Shoot just went OOP, good time to hoard.[/QUOTE]

How would you even find that out?
Also, whats the retail cost for Fire Emblem new anyone?

[quote name='Arakias']How would you even find that out?
Also, whats the retail cost for Fire Emblem new anyone?[/QUOTE]

Fire Emblem at Kmart and Sears today both showed $50. I even had the cashiers scan for me

[quote name='swolgam']Fire Emblem at Kmart and Sears today both showed $50. I even had the cashiers scan for me[/quote]

It's only $20 at TRU (clearance), assuming your talking about Radiant Dawn. All the TRUs near me still have a ton of copies as it's not an easily recognizable title.

[quote name='daminion']It's only $20 at TRU (clearance), assuming your talking about Radiant Dawn. All the TRUs near me still have a ton of copies as it's not an easily recognizable title.[/QUOTE]

It's also on sale for $9.99 at FYE, but most of those were snatched up pretty quickly.

[quote name='daminion']It's only $20 at TRU (clearance), assuming your talking about Radiant Dawn. All the TRUs near me still have a ton of copies as it's not an easily recognizable title.[/QUOTE]

I did mean Radiant Dawn, so thanks everyone. I had checked FYE and had not seen any at that price, but wasnt sure what normal cost was.

[quote name='Arakias']How would you even find that out?
Also, whats the retail cost for Fire Emblem new anyone?[/quote]

I just sold one for 45 on amazon and was not even the lowest price.

tough to say if it'll go up. there are plenty of oop games that aren't valuable (well, the majority of them.) It all depends on how insane collectors go over it.

I don't know how you find out it went oop though.

[quote name='Arakias']So is Chicken Shoot for Wii gonna go up? How could someone find out it went OOP?[/QUOTE]

Chicken Shoot was a truly awful game, and it was fairly common. I don't see it's value increasing at all. If you ask me, I think it going OOP is a wonderful thing ;)

[quote name='pitfallharry219']This thread has really died down since the Cool Kids Club started.[/QUOTE]

id like to get in on that stilll :(

if you want to join you have to pay $100 and bring in 2 other people under you who will also need to pay $100. The people under you will also need to bring in 2 people. Its a awesome deal. Just think of it as an investment.

[quote name='RandyTsai']if you want to join you have to pay $100 and bring in 2 other people under you who will also need to pay $100. The people under you will also need to bring in 2 people. Its a awesome deal. Just think of it as an investment.[/QUOTE]

you take paypal?!? im verified.... lol

do you think i could flip this CAG account on ebay after i get in?! :)

The reason this thread died after the club started is because we were the only ones posting anything or contributing.

By us not posting flips it should make you want to work that much harder to find something good out.

There are still some people in the group even that haven't really contributed much. I'm not just talking about giving leads on items. I'm talking about them not adding anything, even participation in the discussions.

Selfishness is considered a bad form in CAG.

Thanks for alienating your fellow comrades in cheap. Some people here still contribute in one form or another.

sooo, i read the first page... came to post my flip story, and see that this thread has turned into some sort of elitist garbage or something? i dunno, not gonna read 26 pages to find out for sure, but thats just sad, imo. Been a member for 2 years and this is the first real elitist group crap i've seen here on the boards, cant say im not disappointed considering I did my fair share of update posting during my flipping days with locations and numbers without being elitist or trying to hide my locations. Pfft, guess I should keep my flipping info to myself from now on... no longer an even sharing environment, its a one sided thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back