Folding@Home on PS3: Team Cheap Ass Created!

[quote name='Kandal']Show your score everyone, I'm slowly climbing up the ladder
Total score 5304 [/quote]Sure, why not.

Total score: 335414

Wow, I'm still in the top 20? COME ON PEOPLE! I haven't folded in a long time. I feel guilty for just having my system sit there but I'm not going to risk it since I think it messed up my last system.

I had something like 90-95 folds done before my Bluray drive kicked. After I got my 40gb back from Sony (I believe they formatted the HDD also) I went to do some more units and I had to reinstall Folding@Home. No biggy right? Well I'm back at 0 again :bomb::bomb::bomb:

[quote name='cuco33']I had something like 90-95 folds done before my Bluray drive kicked. After I got my 40gb back from Sony (I believe they formatted the HDD also) I went to do some more units and I had to reinstall Folding@Home. No biggy right? Well I'm back at 0 again :bomb::bomb::bomb:[/quote]
It (F@H's servers) keeps your stats as long as you set your name and team the same. Check the link in the OP to see your stats.

[quote name='pacifickarma']Has anyone figured out if you're better off running in "Advanced" or "Normal" mode? Does one pay higher in points than the other?[/quote]
From what I understand, there can be bonus points attached to "advanced" work units.

I'm very displeaesd about the way Life with Playstation 'replaces' folding@home .
Ther should be an option to just go to the old/normal folding@home within it .:bomb:

[quote name='pacifickarma']I can't figure out how to do automatic shutdown with the new setup...[/QUOTE]

I couldn't either , hold down 'square' it'll let you change the channel .

Well mine I have automatic shutdown ticked on, but it doesn't show the timer thingy in the corner like it used to. Is that something they changed?

[quote name='Richlough']Not to step on anyone's toes , but I created a thread for the PC folding@home .

The Nvidia GPU is faster than the PS3 .[/quote]
Faster, or does it just gain points faster than the PS3? The multi core F@H app gets points faster than the PS3 also.

My HDD crashed on my PS3 and after getting a new HDD installed and starting up F@H it reset my progress to zero. I signed up with the same name and the same group so I'm not sure why it doesn't pick up my old progress. Anyone have this happen to them?

bread's done
Back