Food/Snacks you miss...

evilmax17

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
What are some of your favorite foods/snacks that you can no longer obtain (for whatever reason)?

Some of my favorite snacks of all time haven't been produced in years.

TMNT Crunchabungas - These were pizza flavored cheeseballs that were made when TMNT popularity was at its highest. I still have the taste stored in my memory, and there hasn't been anything like it since they went off the shelves.

Mr. Phipps Pretzel Chips - These were flat circular pretzel chips that were killed off in the 90's. I'm pretty sure Nabisco made them. They had a great texture.

Pizzarias - These were Pizza flavored tortilla chips. They were being manufactured by Keebler before the product line was cut off. They were a bit crunchier than Doritos, and had a unique flavor.

TMNT Pudding Pies - A TMNT themed Hostess pastry. It was kind of like a fruitpie, but with vanilla pudding in the middle, and a green glaze on the pastry shell.

I miss these snacks. :cry:

Dunkaroos - The little Kangaroo cookies that came with frosting for dipping/making mini sandwiches. Awesome

Some sort of Koala cookie things, really tiny cookie type snacks shaped like Koalas, there was strawberry, peanut butter, and I think a smore flavored pack but I'm not sure. Also awesome

If drinks are included, I liked Pepsi Blue...

I miss pretty much every snack ever because I try not to eat shit anymore (personal decision) but I guess to answer the question accurately I miss Ecto Cooler. That stuff was delicious. I think they renamed it something like Shouting Green or something lame like that but I'm pretty sure even that stuff has been discontinued...

Shark Bites, which were a fruit snack from my younger years,a nd then there werethese root beer and cola flavored snacks, but I can't remember the name.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']Shark Bites[/quote]
I remember the Great White being a valuable trading piece on the playgrounds. It was so cool because it was the only one that wasn't clear.

The kid with a handfull of Great White Shark Bites could have anything he wanted, it made you untouchable.

Tasted good too.

[quote name='evilmax17']I remember the Great White being a valuable trading piece on the playgrounds. It was so cool because it was the only one that wasn't clear.

The kid with a handfull of Great White Shark Bites could have anything he wanted, it made you untouchable.

Tasted good too.[/quote]

o yes, its all coming back to me now. i would have sold my soul for a great white

There were these things that I could only find in Canada, they were popcorn puffs basically. They looked like corn slightly and had a recipe for caramel popcorn balls on the side.

[quote name='javeryh']I miss pretty much every snack ever because I try not to eat shit anymore (personal decision) but I guess to answer the question accurately I miss Ecto Cooler. That stuff was delicious. I think they renamed it something like Shouting Green or something lame like that but I'm pretty sure even that stuff has been discontinued...[/quote]

Never fear.....its now Crazy Citrus Cooler.:drool: :bouncy: :applause:

[quote name='TimPV3']Dunkaroos - The little Kangaroo cookies that came with frosting for dipping/making mini sandwiches. Awesome

Some sort of Koala cookie things, really tiny cookie type snacks shaped like Koalas, there was strawberry, peanut butter, and I think a smore flavored pack but I'm not sure. Also awesome

If drinks are included, I liked Pepsi Blue...[/QUOTE]
AH Shit. I remember my Moms packing Dunkaroo's for my lunch like every day in 3rd,4th, and 5th grade. Great Stuff.

Also anyone remember the gum that had pop goo inside it? They had like Pepsi and Dr. Pepper. Good Stuff Also!

PEANUT BUTTER BOPPERS!

Peanut butter tube rolled up in crisped rice with other cool stuff on it. Them's was in my lunch box every day:D

You can see a glimpse of the box in grandpa's fridge in the Lost Boys/.

[quote name='TimPV3']

If drinks are included, I liked Pepsi Blue...[/QUOTE]

The things you are referring to were called Koala Yummies. And if drinks are included, Ecto Cooler....true ecto cooler, that is green and has slimer onthe box. Not the Crazy Citrus Cooler, even though it tastes the same and I drive an hour each way to get it.

Shark Bites, those soda-bottle things, life-savers holes, and wheel-shaped macaroni and cheese (they tasted different, believe me).

And on a semi-related note: I'm pissed that life savers changed their standard five flavors. They swapped out orange, lemon, and lime (my favorite flavors) for raspberry, watermellon, and blackberry.

For a while skittles tried to swap their lime for sour-apple. The sour apple was too overpowering compared to the rest of the flavors; if you grabbed a handful it would only taste like sour apple. Then they had a vote on their website to see which flavor they should keep. I didn't vote, but still got my way anyway. LONG LIVE LIME!!!

Wow I forgot about Shark Bites! The Great White really did give you power on the playground.

I miss Archway Anise Cookies. They appeared on the shelves during the holidays, as the cookies were shaped like Christmas trees, round ornaments, and wreaths, sprinkled with red or green colored sugar. My mom would buy them every year, and then they were just gone. Can't find them anywhere, not even on their website. Haven't had them since the early 90's I would say. Sad times.

[quote name='WAJedi']The things you are referring to were called Koala Yummies. And if drinks are included, Ecto Cooler....true ecto cooler, that is green and has slimer onthe box. Not the Crazy Citrus Cooler, even though it tastes the same and I drive an hour each way to get it.[/quote]

You should check out x-entertainment.com's awesome article on Ecto Cooler.

Matt's a big fan.

[quote name='coltyhuxx']You should check out x-entertainment.com's awesome article on Ecto Cooler.

Matt's a big fan.[/QUOTE]

Read it. That's where I found out about Shoutin Orange Tangergreen....and that transformed into Crazy Citrus Cooler.

[quote name='TimPV3']Dunkaroos - The little Kangaroo cookies that came with frosting for dipping/making mini sandwiches. Awesome

If drinks are included, I liked Pepsi Blue...[/quote]
dUDE you can still get those koala cookies they have them at the asian stores, they still taste just as good 2 i love those things i use to eat them all the time.

I wish I could remember what these cookie things I used to eat were called. They were Keebler, I think, and they had a graham cracker shell and chocolate inside. I believe they were shaped like a peanut. They were most delicious.

Yellow hostess cupcakes, at least in TX I have not seen them. Even back home in VA they are yellow w/ chocolate cake, not yellow on yellow. Damn I miss those. And Tastecakes (again not in W TX), and UTZ potato chips (again in W TX), man so many!

[quote name='freestyledust77']Yellow hostess cupcakes, at least in TX I have not seen them. Even back home in VA they are yellow w/ chocolate cake, not yellow on yellow. Damn I miss those. And Tastecakes (again not in W TX), and UTZ potato chips (again in W TX), man so many![/quote]
i have seen orange on yellow

[quote name='jmcc']I wish I could remember what these cookie things I used to eat were called. They were Keebler, I think, and they had a graham cracker shell and chocolate inside. I believe they were shaped like a peanut. They were most delicious.[/quote]
E.L. fudge cookies?

[quote name='mcgavin27']E.L. fudge cookies?[/QUOTE]No, they weren't really a cookie. They were a graham cracker peanut shell filled with fudge. You couldn't tell what was inside until you bit through.

[quote name='jmcc']I wish I could remember what these cookie things I used to eat were called. They were Keebler, I think, and they had a graham cracker shell and chocolate inside. I believe they were shaped like a peanut. They were most delicious.[/quote]
Were those made by Planters? They had them with peanut butter filling too, I think. I seem to remember Mr. Peanut advertising those.

I used to get McLean Deluxe's from McDonald's all the time. Then there were the Dairy Queen Ice Cream pizzas. Hoo boy.

Chicken Littles - KFC sold these little chicken sandwiches for around 50 cents a pop. They were like a White Castle burger only with chicken -- damn tasty too.

Zagnuts - Peanut butter and roasted coconut candy bars that used to be on every candy rack, now you can only find them at some novelty stores for a buck a pop.

[quote name='kaw']Chicken Littles - KFC sold these little chicken sandwiches for around 50 cents a pop. They were like a White Castle burger only with chicken -- damn tasty too.[/quote]
Just reminded me of Burger King's Burger Buddies. They were tiny little hamburgers, no more than two bites a piece. Those had to have been phased out in the late 80's or early 90's.

[quote name='solid snake']this is what i really miss!
http://www.mcfun.com/images/coupon_pizza.gif[/quote]

I remember when Burger King used to make pizzas, they were actually pretty damn good.

I really wish I could find Jackaroo BBQ sauce somewhere. I haven't seen it in stores in many years. I ran a search on google for Jackaroo +sauce and it came back as saying that Hooters uses it in a couple of receipes. That would be the only reason for me to go probably lol

By the way, I could've swore that I've seen Dunkaroos sold at Costco.

[quote name='moiety']

I miss Archway Anise Cookies. They appeared on the shelves during the holidays, as the cookies were shaped like Christmas trees, round ornaments, and wreaths, sprinkled with red or green colored sugar. My mom would buy them every year, and then they were just gone. Can't find them anywhere, not even on their website. Haven't had them since the early 90's I would say. Sad times.[/QUOTE]

Man, it wasn't truly Christmas season until those showed up on our kitchen counter.

[quote name='jmcc']I wish I could remember what these cookie things I used to eat were called. They were Keebler, I think, and they had a graham cracker shell and chocolate inside. I believe they were shaped like a peanut. They were most delicious.[/QUOTE]

PB Crisp. THey were made by Planters and came in a bag with a (i belive) ziploc top.

[quote name='evilmax17']TMNT Pudding Pies - A TMNT themed Hostess pastry. It was kind of like a fruitpie, but with vanilla pudding in the middle, and a green glaze on the pastry shell.[/quote]

"Fresh from the sewers; to YOU!"

[quote name='SOSTrooper']Fruit Stripe gum w/ the zebra mascot.[/QUOTE]

still made. Found it at a gas station the other day and also found it at Cracker Barrel.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']PB Crisps were fucking awesome.[/QUOTE]Oh my god, I think that's them!

edit: pretty sure that's what I wanted, though I distinctly remember they were made in chocolate, too. Man, in any case, I'd kill for them to still be around.

[quote name='jmcc']Oh my god, I think that's them!

edit: pretty sure that's what I wanted, though I distinctly remember they were made in chocolate, too. Man, in any case, I'd kill for them to still be around.[/QUOTE]

I used to love PB Crisps (if that's what they were called, I couldn't remember). They had both peanut butter and chocolate flavors, but I prefered the peanut butter.
I still talk about them to this day, but none of my friends understand. They've never had the pleasure of eating them before. They were deprived children.

Dunkaroos still exist. I've had them in Tennessee and in New Jersey, so they can't be too rare.

Also, I found cotton candy Mike and Ike's once, and they were quite possibly the best candy I had ever eaten. However, I never saw them again!

Why, WHY don't they sell Jell-O Pudding Pops anymore? Who couldn't love them? They were delicious! Frozen pudding on a stick. Frozen pudding! They melted in your mouth. I've been craving some for years. :(

[quote name='Rusty Ghia']Why, WHY don't they sell Jell-O Pudding Pops anymore? Who couldn't love them? They were delicious! Frozen pudding on a stick. Frozen pudding! They melted in your mouth. I've been craving some for years. :([/quote]
They brought them back a year or two ago. Believe me, if they hadn't, they'd be my first thing to list.

http://popsicle.com/products/individual/index.cfm?upc=02023

They're a tad different, but close enough. The new shape doesn't create that nice crunchy ice-coat that the old ones used to get.

bread's done
Back