Food/Snacks you miss...

[quote name='thespillcanvas']The McRib. :D
I've always hated Spaghetti-O's, but, I used to ALWAYS make my mom buy me them because they had Sonic on the can. Would never eat them.. They probably still make the same label, not sure..[/quote]

Haha your just like me i all ways got the sonic the hedgehog spaghetti os
and hardly ever ate them or i would play with them haha
and i didnt care for the mcrib because you can buy the same type of crap at whole sale stores i mean the meat is what they serve at school.
i think they were just ok...

Pizzarias were great, they did have a texture that was unique and the pizza flavors were very good, too.

Oboise's : Another chip from keebler I believe, they were very crunchy and ummm bubbly I guess would be how to put it.

Alpine White, my favorite candy bar ever, white choclate with almond bits, kinda like Mr. Goodbar's albino friend.

Cheeto's Cheesy Checkers, they tasted different and were awesome, very potent cheese taste, great.

Krystal's used to have waffle fries that were covered in like a Rotel cheese dip, amazing.

Mr. T cereal was ooooh so delicious, or I just remember it that way.

[quote name='tyecko']Warheads, so many contests on my bus rides back in the day of who could suck on them the longest.[/QUOTE]

Hahaha... It's funny how you can forget that something even existed. Warheads were the coolest when I was in school. There were so many fads in school that were really pretty stupid when you look back on them; Pogs come to mind.

I miss alot of snacks Ic ant belive I forgot about those soda flavored fruit snacks they were delicious.

The ecto cooler remake ive been looking for for a bit and never find so I figure its finaly gone for good?

I miss del monte used to make bananna pudding ...ghostbusters cerial...powderd donuts with the rassberry cream when did hostess stop selling these???

NESQUICK BANANNA WHERE THE fuck ARE U! The ghostbusters stuff I can understand but I cant belive this stuff is gone.

[quote name='solid snake']Haha your just like me i all ways got the sonic the hedgehog spaghetti os
and hardly ever ate them or i would play with them haha
and i didnt care for the mcrib because you can buy the same type of crap at whole sale stores i mean the meat is what they serve at school.
i think they were just ok...[/quote]
Yeah, I bought some at Sams Club, and some at Giant. None were very good, though. The ones they serve in school were pretty good, probably the only thing I miss about school. ;)

[quote name='thater']Mr. T cereal was ooooh so delicious, or I just remember it that way.[/QUOTE]

I pity the fool, who don't eat my cereal!

It's featured in Pee-Wee's Big Adventure.

[quote name='pimpinc333']They still have fruit strip gum at Toys R Us. Also what's Milk and Strawberry Quik? I know the Strawberry but Milk Quik? :)[/quote]

I guess a better way to say it is Milk with Strawberry Quik. I make the distinction because I had a friend growing up that would just eat Quik right out the fucking can, and in my years of college I've come to find that is a disturbingly widespread phenomenon.

I miss Warheads too. I saw an empty wrapper on the ground the other day.

I know this is a soda, not food/ snack, but I like Surge. I guess Mello Yello is the same but Surge sounded cooler.

I think.

Warheads are no longer around? :shock:

Noooooooooooooooo

Shows how much I don't keep up with candy nowadays compared to when I was a kid...

[quote name='vietgurl']Warheads are no longer around? :shock:

Noooooooooooooooo

Shows how much I don't keep up with candy nowadays compared to when I was a kid...[/quote]
i know they still exist i just got a bag full like a couple months ago i get them at the dollar tree

You guys must be pretty old. I barely recognize the foods/snacks mentioned. I remember a gum called Fruit-A-Burst that mysteriously disappeared off the shelves. That stuff was infused with flavorful fruit crystals. It was way better than that Zebra stripe gum.

I miss the Crybaby bubblegum balls. I think they're still around, but they're near impossible to find here. Me, my friends, and my dad used to have competitions to see who could handle the most gumballs. Same with Warheads. I love sour candy. The shit they call "sour" now is pitiful.

[quote name='2poor']You guys must be pretty old. I barely recognize the foods/snacks mentioned. I remember a gum called Fruit-A-Burst that mysteriously disappeared off the shelves. That stuff was infused with flavorful fruit crystals. It was way better than that Zebra stripe gum.[/quote]

I remember Fruit-a-Burst. It also had a minty cousin called Mint-a-Burst.

I'm suprised that no one has mentioned that they miss the original filling in Twinkies, which was a banana cream filling. I remember as a kid, my parents bought a box that I guess was a limited edition, as a way of bringing them back for a while. I almost refuse to touch a twinkie now because of that oh so delicious banana cream filling is missing...

[quote name='HumanSnatcher']Anyone remember Tongue Splashers bubblegum. A whole bunch came in a paintbucket type can?

Goggled and found out that you can get them here:
http://www.rockofagescandy.com/MintsandGum/Products/TongueSplashersGum.html
and here:
http://www.blaircandy.com/tospbugum24.html

I swear, I'm so tempted to get a can of them when I get the money. The memories of selling them to my classmates as a kid lol

EDIT: You can order grape Big League Chew here: http://www.blaircandy.com/bigleaguechew.html[/quote]
i didnt know it still came in the buckets.
my art teacher use to give them out.

[quote name='HumanSnatcher']I remember Fruit-a-Burst. It also had a minty cousin called Mint-a-Burst.

I'm suprised that no one has mentioned that they miss the original filling in Twinkies, which was a banana cream filling. I remember as a kid, my parents bought a box that I guess was a limited edition, as a way of bringing them back for a while. I almost refuse to touch a twinkie now because of that oh so delicious banana cream filling is missing...[/quote]

They had some special edition king kong twinkies not to long ago with the bannana cream they were great it seems like alot of bananna flavor products disapear maybe it costs more money to produce?

[quote name='Skelah']They had some special edition king kong twinkies not to long ago with the bannana cream they were great it seems like alot of bananna flavor products disapear maybe it costs more money to produce?[/quote]

Damn it, wish I had known. Its probably still cheaper for them to make the vanilla cream ones. In fact, the reason why they stopped with the banana ones is because there was a shortage of bananas during WWII, so they switched. Hell, now all they would need to do is just add an artificial banana flavoring

The Big New Yorker from Pizza Hut. Not a big fan of pizza, but I was addicted to that pizza until they didn't serve it anymore in my area.

For those of you reminising of the pudding pops I found a solution to your misery. I've worked at a Dairy Queen for 6 years (just finishing college this coming year) and one night when cleaning the machines out and there was some chocolate dq, some vanilla dq, and just a little bit of water I decided hey that looks pretty good. I took a bite and hot damn it was just like the swirl pops. I couldn't believe it. I told one of my friends right away, he tried and said the same thing. The other people there thought we were crazy (they might be right, the jury is out though) but we both knew that it was the best find ever. I haven't tried it since that night but this thread made me think of it so maybe I'll give it a shot tonight.

I saw someone mention Cherry 7-UP and I see that around here in WI from time to time at numerous stores.

I'd like to put my vote in for Pepsi BLUE though, that stuff was great.

[quote name='solid snake']i know the name but what exactly were they?[/quote]

They were calzones. Pizza Hut just decided to try and "personalize" it? Anyone remember the Bigfoot pizza they had? It was rectangular and 30 some square slices? Ordered one one time when I was a kid and they messed it up. So we went and told them that it was wrong, they made another and told us to keep the wrong one just because. That was a A LOT of pizza...

Pepsi blue and Mountain dew Pitch black! Pepsi blue was (And still is) My favorite soda. I found out how to make a soda similar to pepsi blue, But it isn't the real thing. (Look it up in the discussion page for pepsi blue on Wikipedia)

Grandma's chocolate fudge cookies. For some reason I can't find them in so cal anymore. I went to Vegas about a month ago and saw them at a 7-11. I bought all of the 2 bags that they had. :drool:

I tried some that are sold at Costco but they taste like crap.

bread's done
Back