For BB RZ members who have used the Facebook app- Get 500 points for spending $10

Ferrari Racer

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/offers/offersandpromotions/info/0900a76f800fbd2a

http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Points...e-You-voted-Now-it-s-time-to-shop/td-p/666446

Offer expires: 03/23/2013
Shop all of your favorite products ranging from cameras, TVs and appliances and get 500 bonus points on one transaction over $10.

Don't forget to try out the new Reward Zone Facebook App and vote on three new Members Choice offers on 3/24/13.

Offer available online and in store.

Shop BestBuy.com® and use your member number.

Or shop a Best Buy® store near you. To redeem, provide Reward Zone member number at purchase.

Reward Zone members who have interacted with the Reward Zone App on Facebook are eligible to get 500 bonus points on qualifying purchases. Offer is non-transferable. No cash value. No copies. May not be combined with other bonus point offers. Limit 1 bonus point offer per membership. Valid 3/13/13 – 3/23/13 in Best Buy stores and at BestBuy.com.

INFO FROM FORUM LINK

Thank you for voting on the latest Member’s Choice offer. Eligible Reward Zone members who have interacted with the Reward Zone app on Facebook can get 500 Reward Zone points on a single qualifying transaction over $10 between 3/13/13 and 3/23/13.

As a reminder, this offer is subject to our full Program Rules. This means purchases of Best Buy Gift Cards and other non-qualifying purchases are excluded (see Program Rules for what is considered a non-qualifying purchase).

As an exception, this one-time offer can be combined with other bonus point offers. Also members can pay using Best Buy Gift Cards and/or Reward Zone Certificates toward the $10 to qualify for the offer.

This offer applies to purchases made in a Best Buy store or online at BestBuy.com. Just make sure to use your Reward Zone Member ID at the time of purchase in-store, or have your Member ID synced with your BestBuy.com account.

Below are answers to a few more questions you may have. Otherwise, please refer to the full Program Rules for additional disclosures surrounding offers.

What is an interaction?
Any action taken within the app including taking a poll, building an Ultimate Space, invite a friend or voting on Member’s Choice. Simply downloading or logging into the app does not qualify as an interaction.

Do Marketplace purchases qualify?
Yes. Marketplace purchases qualify as long as all other terms of the offer are met.

Do pre-orders qualify?
Yes, if the pre-order is released on/before the end of the promotion and the payment is thus received before the end of the promotion.

Do purchases of other gift cards, such as Xbox LIVE, PSN, or iTunes qualify?
Yes, as long as all other terms of the offer are met.

When will the points be received?
Just as with all other purchases, points will post to your Reward Zone account in about 20 days.

Thank you for being a Reward Zone member!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='usagi']Nope, just make sure the total before tax is more than $10 just be safe.

On another note I got 2 pending 500 points for the Facebook promo as others have already said.[/QUOTE]
How? What did you buy? Did you only buy only 1 item? 2 items? 2 transactions?

Explain please :)

[quote name='zzamaro']How? What did you buy? Did you only buy only 1 item? 2 items? 2 transactions?

Explain please :)[/QUOTE]

I believe it's a glitch in Best Buy's system lol suppose to be once per account but they always seem to botch the promos.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='darrenaw9']I'm not sure if this has been answered but will i get the points if i pay with rz certs? Or must it be cash?[/QUOTE]
As long as the total(after rz certs) is 10.01 or more, you're good to go.

So far I've had two big purchases and have none of the pending points. One was Tomb Raider where I paid $40 with a gift card/$24 with debit card and the other one was a few blurays paid with cash. I hope the tomb raider preorder bonus isn't what screwed this up.

[quote name='Byakurai']So far I've had two big purchases and have none of the pending points. One was Tomb Raider where I paid $40 with a gift card/$24 with debit card and the other one was a few blurays paid with cash. I hope the tomb raider preorder bonus isn't what screwed this up.[/QUOTE]
Did you preorder Tomb Raider?

[quote name='darrenaw9']I'm not sure if this has been answered but will i get the points if i pay with rz certs? Or must it be cash?[/QUOTE]

According to the FAQ that Best Buy released, you can pay the ENTIRE $10 amount with RZ certificates. I even asked them the same question on Facebook, and they confirmed it.

[quote name='Ekcipher']I ordered online, some people say they see the 500 points pending. Where exactly do i see the pending points?[/QUOTE]

In your BB RZ profile. Click on points pending and expand to see if your 500 points are pending

[quote name='nsanchez1']In your BB RZ profile. Click on points pending and expand to see if your 500 points are pending[/QUOTE]

I don"t see a place where it says points pending, I need more details.

[quote name='Ekcipher']I don"t see a place where it says points pending, I need more details.[/QUOTE]

click my account > points and purchases. when you're on the next page, look for the transaction that you want to see and click the little "+" next to it. That'll give you a breakdown of what points you earned.

[quote name='xMALEMANx']click my account > points and purchases. when you're on the next page, look for the transaction that you want to see and click the little "+" next to it. That'll give you a breakdown of what points you earned.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the backup

[quote name='xMALEMANx']click my account > points and purchases. when you're on the next page, look for the transaction that you want to see and click the little "+" next to it. That'll give you a breakdown of what points you earned.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, i don't see my order there I have to wait i guess. I have 2 orders from February 15 and 18 that are points pending is that normal?

[quote name='Ekcipher']Thanks, i don't see my order there I have to wait i guess. I have 2 orders from February 15 and 18 that are points pending is that normal?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's normal. They stay pending for a month or so. They want to make sure you aren't getting the points and just returning the item

So this offer is valid if you ship something right? I keep reading in-store pick up works but can't find an answer on shipping.

[quote name='chris00cm']So this offer is valid if you ship something right? I keep reading in-store pick up works but can't find an answer on shipping.[/QUOTE]

I ordered a $10 PSN card shipped and it counted for me. Got my points to show as pending yesterday and my PSN card today.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']I ordered a $10 PSN card shipped and it counted for me. Got my points to show as pending yesterday and my PSN card today.[/QUOTE]

Barely even recognized that was you without your old avatar. :*(

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']I ordered a $10 PSN card shipped and it counted for me. Got my points to show as pending yesterday and my PSN card today.[/QUOTE]

Cool. Just bought myself a $20 cooling pad for my lap top. Paid for it with certificates and gift cards. Figure I'll be getting $10 back so definitely a good deal.

Is this app not working for Android phones? I can't download the app on my phone apparently. I don't have an iPhone.

I tried voting on my desktop version of facebook and this promo won't show up in my offers section of my RZ site. So it seems like it has to be earned through the app regardless. I was hoping you just do it through any Facebook interface.

There is no app for phones, it is a facebook app.

Has anyone paid off a purchase with RZ certificates and gotten the 500 points to pend?

[quote name='Saix_XIII']There is no app for phones, it is a facebook app.

Has anyone paid off a purchase with RZ certificates and gotten the 500 points to pend?[/QUOTE]

I voted on the User Poll yesterday but my offer still isn't showing up on my RZ site. Did I need to do a vote before the deal went live before the 13th?

[quote name='Donut2922']I voted on the User Poll yesterday but my offer still isn't showing up on my RZ site. Did I need to do a vote before the deal went live before the 13th?[/QUOTE]

According to the info they gave out, the answer is no. But all info points to the contrary, since everyone who votes BEFORE the deal went live sees it in their offer but most, if not all, of the people who voted after the deal went live aren't seeing it.

It makes sense to me, that way people don't just use the app the first time to get the offer, it's meant as a "thanks for voting/using our app" promotion.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']According to the info they gave out, the answer is no. But all info points to the contrary, since everyone who votes BEFORE the deal went live sees it in their offer but most, if not all, of the people who voted after the deal went live aren't seeing it.

It makes sense to me, that way people don't just use the app the first time to get the offer, it's meant as a "thanks for voting/using our app" promotion.[/QUOTE]

Thanks yeah that makes sense. So we won't know until points post in 30 days I suppose.

Edit - apparently you know it works if you see the points pending already

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Has anyone paid off a purchase with RZ certificates and gotten the 500 points to pend?[/QUOTE]

I'd like to know this as well. Thinking about ordering a $10 psn card and using a $5 RZ cert.

[quote name='Donut2922']Thanks yeah that makes sense. So we won't know until points post in 30 days I suppose.

Edit - apparently you know it works if you see the points pending already[/QUOTE]

Yeah, my 500 bonus points were pending as soon as the purchase showed in my account, so I think you will know fairly quickly if you are eligible for the promotion.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Yeah, my 500 bonus points were pending as soon as the purchase showed in my account, so I think you will know fairly quickly if you are eligible for the promotion.[/QUOTE]

What? I bought 3 used games for $14 about two days ago. I also bought 3 guides w/ a $20 cert and Xcom/Starhawk for $25. Nothing is pending yet.

[quote name='Zolor23']What? I bought 3 used games for $14 about two days ago. I also bought 3 guides w/ a $20 cert and Xcom/Starhawk for $25. Nothing is pending yet.[/QUOTE]

It takes 2-3 days for a purchase to show on your account, calm down.

nice to know that it still works. i just voted in facebook app this morning and got 17 points posted already for the st patricks day poll. will be going to bestbuy today to pick up games and guides and hope i do get the 500 points like what Donut experienced. thanks!

side note:
wish this is how the 1000 points for preordering works. mine still says no points for the preorder deposit of 5 and 118 points pending for picking up the game. my receipt shows they applied the $5 preorder to my game thats why i only paid the difference. grrr! will these change after 30 days right?

[quote name='CAGkrazy']nice to know that it still works. i just voted in facebook app this morning and got 17 points posted already for the st patricks day poll. will be going to bestbuy today to pick up games and guides and hope i do get the 500 points like what Donut experienced. thanks!

side note:
wish this is how the 1000 points for preordering works. mine still says no points for the preorder deposit of 5 and 118 points pending for picking up the game. my receipt shows they applied the $5 preorder to my game thats why i only paid the difference. grrr! will these change after 30 days right?[/QUOTE]

Yeah the $20 cert promo didn't show pending for me until 35 days after I picked up Dead Space 3. That's when the 1,000 points cleared for me.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']It takes 2-3 days for a purchase to show on your account, calm down.[/QUOTE]

Nah, I just read your post like your 500 points appeared instantly. My bad, man.

Okay, I am a little confused from conflicting discussions going on. I ordered the 16GB Vita memory card last night and applied $25 in reward certificates, leaving my total paid by CC to be $5+tax. Does that mean I did not qualify for the $10->500 points because the actual amount I paid was

[quote name='mrwiseguy85']Okay, I am a little confused from conflicting discussions going on. I ordered the 16GB Vita memory card last night and applied $25 in reward certificates, leaving my total paid by CC to be $5+tax. Does that mean I did not qualify for the $10->500 points because the actual amount I paid was

[quote name='gospelman']The second option has been confirmed to work here.

The first option should work in theory but I haven't seen confirmation of success yet.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for your input. I may just go the PSN card route then so I don't miss this freebie.

[quote name='gospelman']The second option has been confirmed to work here.

The first option should work in theory but I haven't seen confirmation of success yet.[/QUOTE]

Fwiw - I used a $25 reward zone cert on a $25 Amazon GC and showing the 500 points pending. Cert was expiring anyway so no big loss if it didn't work.

[quote name='mrwiseguy85']Okay, I am a little confused from conflicting discussions going on. I ordered the 16GB Vita memory card last night and applied $25 in reward certificates, leaving my total paid by CC to be $5+tax. Does that mean I did not qualify for the $10->500 points because the actual amount I paid was

[quote name='TooPoor']Bought a $9.99 item and a pack of skittles, now the wait game.[/QUOTE]

Wait...you have potential to make me feel like an idiot lol does it have to be $10 before taxes or did you buy Skittles just to play it safe in case that was a rule? Or do you just like Skittles and satisfied a craving...

I bought DA2 and Red Faction for 4.99 each and didnt even think about this. :cool:

[quote name='kdiddy1989']Wait...you have potential to make me feel like an idiot lol does it have to be $10 before taxes or did you buy Skittles just to play it safe in case that was a rule? Or do you just like Skittles and satisfied a craving...

I bought DA2 and Red Faction for 4.99 each and didnt even think about this. :cool:[/QUOTE]

Since he bought a $9.99, it still meant he was .01 cent away from being eligible. Remember it has to be $10+ before tax. So he probably got the Skittles to push him over the required amount, and I'm positive it was also taste the rainbow. :cool:

bread's done
Back