Fox.com DVD Sale...50% OFF...Inivte ONLY!

bigsyxxy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
The online fox store is having an "invitation only" sale to people who have made purchases before. They will give you a code for 50% off your ENTIRE ORDER! Exclusions include the Simpsons and Star Wars, but not much else. This is one use only and they verify your e-mail prior to giving you the code, so if you have bought something from them in the past, check your e-mail and take advantage.

[quote name='doraemonkerpal']i wouldn't mind buying something for somebody else as long as i could keep the "free" $75 item. that's a pretty nice reward for helping somebody out and they wouldn't need to pay me anything. unfortunately, i deleted the e-mail on accident b/c it was in my spam folder. i have ordered from them before though... i'm wondering if i could still use the code if i don't go through the link in the e-mail?[/QUOTE]

Pm'd

Yes, you should be able to still use the code.

I joined that X-Files club thing, but I don't plan on purchasing anything to get 50 percent off. I'll just wait for the DDD.com sale. Already-cheaper prices with 20 percent off and no tax/free shipping should only be a little less than some of the prices on this sale.

But I did sign up for the site just in case.

If anyone wants to pick up an extra copy of Angel s2-5, feel free. I'll pay my way, and it gets you closer to the free $75 gift. Let me know. Thanks.

i dunno if they caught on, but i tried using the "blowout" code and it won't work for me. i've ordered a few hundred dollars worth of dvd's from them in the past though so i'm clueless as to what's going on??? sorry to the peeps i couldn't help :lol:

Well, it seems that I'm only interested in about $120 worth of stuff ($60 after coupon), and I really wouldn't mind grabbing a free $75 gift by spending $200. So here's a proposition...

First, I need confirmation that you can add $200 in items to your cart, THEN add the free $75 item, THEN apply the discount making the order $100 + shipping + free gift. If this isn't possible, I might have to add upwards of $400 in items to my cart.

Second, I may need quite a few people willing to get some items, or a couple people willing to spend a good chunk of change. The only downside is, I'm going to have to ask you to send your payment FIRST -- if you're not willing, please don't ask for my help. I cannot guarantee any sort of quick shipping, as I will have to wait for the items to personally ship to me, then I will have to send the items out on my one day off of work. If you're still interested, I'd like to go about doing this by:

1.) Getting at least $200 in items in my cart with your help. (Possibly $400?)
2.) Once I have met the above requirement, I will inform everyone that the order is ready, and will request payment via paypal for the following amount:
- 1 DVD - add up the total cost of the items and add $5 to the final cost for shipping both ways.
- 1 box set OR 2-5 DVDs - add up the total cost of the items and add $10 to the final cost for shipping both ways.
- 2-4 box sets OR 6-10 DVDs - add up the total cost of the items and add $15 to the final cost for shipping both ways.
- 5-7 box sets OR 11-15 DVDs - add up the total cost of the items and add $20 to the final cost for shipping both ways.
3.) Once all paypal payments have been received, I will place the order.
4.) Once all items have been received, I will ship them out on my next day off (MAXIMUM 7 days)
5.) We'll all be happy, as long as you're a patient person.

So, tell me what you think.

I can confirm that the free DVD can be used on the same purchase. Also, I can confirm that you need to only add the $200 worth of items, then put the free item in your cart (they ask you to add it by clicking a gift box), then input the promo code, and the total will be 50% off and the free item still remains free.

i am going to go ahead and assume most of this stuff is going to end up on ebay. In which case i will probably get to take advantage of a good price on Family Guy anyway.

i tried to order a dvd without any codes and then come back to the site to see if i could then use a the blowout code. (didn't get an invite) emailed customer support and begged them to give me an invite or to use the code. we will see what happens.....

[quote name='dahermitt']i tried to order a dvd without any codes and then come back to the site to see if i could then use a the blowout code. (didn't get an invite) emailed customer support and begged them to give me an invite or to use the code. we will see what happens.....[/QUOTE]

I thought about doing that but the Cheapass in me thought I would be overpaying for the first set. It would be worth it though for the amount of money I'd save on the other 10 I'd likely buy with the code.

i never recieved an email, but had ordered from the foxstore before (another CAG deal). I logged in, used the code and it worked! Plus the free 75 item, this was a great deal!

I ordered Garden State, Family Guy Volume 2, and Donnie Darko Director's Cut yesterday, came out to $44.70 shipped, not bad!

Anyone else besides me order all the jackie chan/sammo hung movies they could for $4 a piece?

That deal was awesome. The quality on these movies is great and they all include original language and subtitles.

bread's done
Back