dreamer131313

CAGiversary!
Feedback
34 (100%)
Free $10 Gift Card With Murder Soul Suspect @Best Buy

PD3pRRt.png

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/murdered-soul-suspect-122378

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the premise, not sold on the game yet.. will finish Watch Dogs and keep an eye on this.

Am most curious to see how much of Salem, MA is truly part of this game, considering I grew up in that hood.

Did anyone else notice that, when checking out, shipping on the game is free, but you have to pay $2.99 shipping on the free $10 gift card?

Did anyone else notice that, when checking out, shipping on the game is free, but you have to pay $2.99 shipping on the free $10 gift card?
Nevermind...removed it from my cart and put it back in, and now the shipping on both is free...weird glitch, I guess.

Just a FYI the game is indeed around 6-8 hours, and heard It's just "Okay" from multiple people on GAF and other msg boards.

Definitely something you would want to wait on hitting the $20ish mark which shouldn't be that long knowing Square-Enix
The premise is definitely interesting, I had it pre-ordered but decided to cancel because if it is indeed 6-8 hours I can definitely wait. Probably little to no replay value after you finish it once.

I'm already getting a PS4 backlog. Hopefully when I get back from vacation I'll have time to clear out Wolfenstein and Bound By Flame before tackling this and Watchdogs.

I got the PS4 version for $19.37 after GCU & Wolfenstein. I wish I would have known about the $10 giftcard before I placed my order. Guess I'm not getting that since it wasn't applied to my order...

why won't you preorder? you get the bestbuy exclusive Free Interactive Strategy Map Download
I think all versions of the game come with that digital map so you don't need to preorder. Target and GameStop both have these versions readily available so it's not neccesary to preorder.

I was going to get this from Target because they are doing a $10 GC deal as well. Makes more sense to get it from Best Buy since I'm a part of GCU!

Yeah I bit. Have been interested for some time and price after GCU plus the $10 giftcard back pushes it to a point I wont feel bad about paying. Had a fiver in reward certs lying around too.

I just beat this game on xbone its an ok game but really short' I'm not sure its worth the money to buy but definitely a good rent! Took me about 6-8 hours to beat. Even with the GCU and gc I think its too much to pay.

I just beat this game on xbone its an ok game but really short' I'm not sure its worth the money to buy but definitely a good rent! Took me about 6-8 hours to beat. Even with the GCU and gc I think its too much to pay.
What amount of Achievements did you complete and did you do every side quest? Just curious to know if it's 6-8 hours going only through the story, or doing everything.

What amount of Achievements did you complete and did you do every side quest? Just curious to know if it's 6-8 hours going only through the story, or doing everything.
There's not very many side quests at all maybe 3 or 4 side investigations, mostly just find all the collectables to see a cut scene achievements.

This game took me only 3 hours to beat, and that is just the mainquest. All you do is find collectibles, and choose which collectible pertains to the mystery. Thats it. You dont even need all the collectibles to solve it sometimes, and the mystery questions are all easy.

Side quests are the same, and offer little reward in terms of story.

reviews are starting to come out. not looking so good

5.5/10 from IGN

No from Kotaku

3.5/5 from Joystiq 

My order shipped out but I think I'll return it to store now. Reviews are coming out terribly for this which kills any further hope I had for it.

If this game has a base $33 Tiv or better at Best Buy, I won't return it. It'll be nice $2-$3 rental. From what I read, I should be able to complete everything in around 10 hours.

I traded my xbone for this and 5 other ps4 preorder games and other gift cards. After the reviews, I'll just return and find something else

Guys dont forget redbox has it as well.

So for $2+ tax you can probably whip through the game on a non-stop one night marathon.

Granted It's only 360/PS3. No X1 or PS4 versions for rental (at least near me.)

So for $2+ tax you can probably whip through the game on a non-stop one night marathon.

I agree should just redbox it after reviews and how short it is. I seen people beat it in 4 hours and then 6 hours to get 100%. So easily can just do a rental over the weekend when you don't work and beat it in one sitting.

Yep. GCU and the gift card still put you in the red.

Do t fall for the gc gimmick. Omg $10!?!? /throws money at registers.

If you have a family video near you they carry xbone and ps4 games and have more then 1 night rentals!

Going to 180 my decision and still buy it. I've been finding it harder and harder to trust the gaming press these days when it comes to reviews, and that particularly started when I played Ryse which I thought was fantastic but reviewers hated.

I think one problem is that most of them pretty much have to rush through these games as fast as possible so they can get their reviews up asap, and on the other hand some of them just don't seem to understand genre's other than shooters or action packed games.

Going to 180 my decision and still buy it. I've been finding it harder and harder to trust the gaming press these days when it comes to reviews, and that particularly started when I played Ryse which I thought was fantastic but reviewers hated.

I think one problem is that most of them pretty much have to rush through these games as fast as possible so they can get their reviews up asap, and on the other hand some of them just don't seem to understand genre's other than shooters or action packed games.
gotta agree with you about the gaming press. i'm so sick of them basically being either PR mouthpieces (when they should give a more critical look) or dumping on games (b/c they didn't have time to play it the way most people do).

watch the quick look on giant bomb. they pull no punches, but they enjoyed the game...most importantly, they just say what they think about it w/o a dumb score....TL:DR, saw it as an updated version of point and click adventure (if that doesn't make sense, just watch the video), that would be fun to keep playing.

gotta agree with you about the gaming press. i'm so sick of them basically being either PR mouthpieces (when they should give a more critical look) or dumping on games (b/c they didn't have time to play it the way most people do).

watch the quick look on giant bomb. they pull no punches, but they enjoyed the game...most importantly, they just say what they think about it w/o a dumb score....TL:DR, saw it as an updated version of point and click adventure (if that doesn't make sense, just watch the video), that would be fun to keep playing.
Yeah it was especially true during BF4's launch when it became quite evident EA basically bribed anyone who would take the money. That game was a mess and yet ZERO reviews ever mentioned it. Then later on it gets revealed they were paying off popular Youtube gamer's which would only make you think they also paid off reviewing press.

Just finished my PS4 playthrough, clocked in at 6 hours with 70% trophy completion. There is a clearly marked point of no return so make sure you have all trophies by then... I just need to download my save from online storage and collect the last 37 artifacts and then hope for a quick flip at best buy...

Just finished my PS4 playthrough, clocked in at 6 hours with 70% trophy completion. There is a clearly marked point of no return so make sure you have all trophies by then... I just need to download my save from online storage and collect the last 37 artifacts and then hope for a quick flip at best buy...
Would you say getting the game now through this deal is worth it (assuming you could beat it quickly enough and trade/sell it before the value drops), or would it be better to wait for a lower price?

I usually tend to read reviews from polygon. They gave this game a 7 out of 10. Seems like polygon doesn't just rush out reviews to be the first ones to post and they seem to appreciate the different genres. I also think they go back to update their reviews based on updates that roll out for said game.

http://www.polygon.com/2014/6/3/5765892/murdered-soul-suspect-review

I'm going to read this full review at lunch. Looks promising!

I usually tend to read reviews from polygon. They gave this game a 7 out of 10. Seems like polygon doesn't just rush out reviews to be the first ones to post and they seem to appreciate the different genres. I also think they go back to update their reviews based on updates that roll out for said game.

http://www.polygon.com/2014/6/3/5765892/murdered-soul-suspect-review

I'm going to read this full review at lunch. Looks promising!
After noticing an odd consistency in Sony games being scored noticeably lower than Microsoft games in their reviews, I stopped frequenting Polygon.

Or maybe the game is just a piece of shit.

bread's done
Back