Free 1600 XBox Marketplace Points

i canceled..they charged me.....the way it was set up it said my current charge was $0.00 and will be charged $10.76 or whatever on 7/5/07 but i went into my account today and it sais it charged me already...BS...i want the true.com deal back

It took a total of about 3 weeks to finally get my card. I dont know if it's worth it. yes it was free and beggers cant be choosers(i did the true.com one btw) but i had to check my shit every day for 3 weeks and had pretty much given up hope till i finally got it.

I think that's an awesome deal. 3 movies and a free game rental and 1600 points? Just signed up. Hopefully it doesn't cause me a huge hassle.

[quote name='Malik112099']i canceled..they charged me.....the way it was set up it said my current charge was $0.00 and will be charged $10.76 or whatever on 7/5/07 but i went into my account today and it sais it charged me already...BS...i want the true.com deal back[/QUOTE]
I got charged a day after I signed up too. I sent them an email so hopefully they give me a response soon. And yeah johnny it's unlimited rentals for a month, but you can only have 3 out at a time.

I just got a response and apparently it's $9.99 plus tax for the first month and $17.99 plus tax for every month after that. Whatever, it's still a deal though. You pay about $10 for 1600 MS points and you get a month of unlimited rentals. I'll just cancel my account at the end of the month. The only thing that kind of pisses me off is that it clearly says that I was signing up for a trial at the bottom of the page so I assumed it was a free trial, not a discount for the first month.

[quote name='hellyeahhhhhhh']I just got a response and apparently it's $9.99 plus tax for the first month and $17.99 plus tax for every month after that. Whatever, it's still a deal though. You pay about $10 for 1600 MS points and you get a month of unlimited rentals. I'll just cancel my account at the end of the month. The only thing that kind of pisses me off is that it clearly says that I was signing up for a trial at the bottom of the page so I assumed it was a free trial, not a discount for the first month.[/QUOTE]

Same thing happened to me. I contacted them, and they said it should have activated as free, so they would send me an email fixing it...

Next email said my account was fixed, click here to view, and it now read as 17.99 for the first month. I contacted them again, and got the whole thing cancled. Nice thing is they took so long getting back to me I got confirmation email from achiever, so I still get the MS points. Score.

Damn, it's a shame it's turned into such a pain in the ass to get the points now. It was much better when you just got charged a buck for it. Shame they aren't doing it with True anymore.

I just found this on achiever's site:
New as of May 15th
For a limited time, instead of true.com we are partnering with Blockbuster Online. If you've heard about our true.com promotion, don't worry - this is the same but with an online DVD rental service instead of a dating website.

I don't see how they think it' the same when you are getting charged 10 bucks instead of one.

Yeah, I thought it was free at first too. I even checked the next billing date on my account, which was a month away. Couple days later, I was charged and they CHANGED the billing dates. fuckers.

So I cheated.

I have two American Express pre-paid cards, both with less than 5 bucks on them. I used both to sign up for the offer twice. Both were accepted. So I should get my points AND won't have to pay the 10 bucks. Best part is, since they were pre-paid, I used fake names on both, so they have no way to come after me. Even better than that is now I get two freegame rental coupons along with it. Not to shabby.

it may still be a good deal but it is BS that nothing on the site indicates an initial charge...i sent their customer service an email:

I recently signed up for blockbuster.com under the assumption that the first month was a trial period and that I would be charged $9.99 and the end of the trial period. After signing up the site showed that my current charge would be $.0.00 and that my next charge would be $9.99 on 7/5/07. After checking back 2 days later I was charged the $9.99. Your site did not indicate that I would be charged this amount up front and also said that if I cancel any time within the trial period that I would NOT be charged. As a member of the United States Air Force I DO NOT appreciate being blindsided with something I was led to believe wasn't going to happen. Upon seeing the charge, which I feel is erroneous and unfair, I promptly canceled my account with your site. I did not use any of your services and will not use the coupons emailed to me. I would appreciate a full refund seeing as the only thing used was my personal time on your misleading website.
v/r,
Malik Abuelaileh

SUCCESS!!!!!

Response (BLOCKBUSTER Online)06/09/2007 11:05 AM

Hello Malik,

Thank you for contacting Blockbuster Online Customer Care.

Great news! I have refunded your account $10.76. I hope I was able to assist you with your concern today, Malik. Please allow up to 3-5 business days for the refund to post to your account.

I recognize first impressions are everything, but we would love the opportunity to make it right and give you a great experience. I hope you choose to give us a second chance as we would love to have you on board.

I don't want to lose you as a customer, so I'd like to offer you some other plans I think you might be interested in:

2 at-a-time, unlimited rentals plus one e-coupon good for free in-store movie rentals for only $14.99 plus tax per month. If you agree to try it today, we'll give you 50% off the first two months!

1 at-a-time, unlimited rentals plus one e-coupon (2-day rentals not included) good for free in-store movie rentals for only $9.99 plus tax per month. If you agree to try it today, we'll give you 50% off the first two months!

If any of these plans interest you, please let me know and I'll reactivate your account with the new subscription starting on your next billing cycle. If not, then I'm sorry to see you go and hope you reconsider in the future!

If I can offer any assistance so that you may continue to enjoy our unique and exciting services, I will gladly do so. Have a great day, Malik.

Sincerely,

Josweeh
Customer Care Associate
Blockbuster Online

[quote name='major maz']How do I cancel the account?[/quote]

go to your account on the website and click cancel..

PS i STILL dont have my freakin 1600 point card code

I got an email and it said that I had signed up for the true.com offer, but I signed up for the blockbuster one. I still haven't checked if they charged me though. If they did, I'll be sure to complain.

[quote name='Malik112099']it may still be a good deal but it is BS that nothing on the site indicates an initial charge...i sent their customer service an email:

I recently signed up for blockbuster.com under the assumption that the first month was a trial period and that I would be charged $9.99 and the end of the trial period. After signing up the site showed that my current charge would be $.0.00 and that my next charge would be $9.99 on 7/5/07. After checking back 2 days later I was charged the $9.99. Your site did not indicate that I would be charged this amount up front and also said that if I cancel any time within the trial period that I would NOT be charged. As a member of the United States Air Force I DO NOT appreciate being blindsided with something I was led to believe wasn't going to happen. Upon seeing the charge, which I feel is erroneous and unfair, I promptly canceled my account with your site. I did not use any of your services and will not use the coupons emailed to me. I would appreciate a full refund seeing as the only thing used was my personal time on your misleading website.
v/r,
Malik Abuelaileh[/quote]

Soooo quick question.

What was the point of mentioning that you are in the Air Force? I mean seriously, do you expect them to bow down and kiss your feet due to it??

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']Soooo quick question.

What was the point of mentioning that you are in the Air Force? I mean seriously, do you expect them to bow down and kiss your feet due to it??[/quote]

well...when people are being douche bags playing the military card helps in getting unscrewed a lot...people basically tell me to go fuck myself for whatever reason and then im like "as a member of the USAF I feel I blah blah blah..." and then people are like "OH!! Sorry!! Lets fix this!!! Here is what you wanted!! Thanks for all you blah blah blah..." one exampe would be when i moved here and my POS Nextel contract was up I called to cancel and they are all like yeah, cancel, it only costs $400 to cancel both your phones and i tol then my contract was up on such and such and i called bullshit and they said too bad so i argued with fuckers for 2 days and got put through to the managers who mysteriously werent there or just plain wouldnt help me....so the third day i played the military card and i was on the phone for 10 minutes and my contract got cancelled without the fees AND my last bill was $0.00.

on another note we were having a fund raiser a few months ago and a few guys from my section went down to the local ruby tuesdays in uniform and explained the fund raiser and asked if they had any gift certificates they were willing to donate....their basic response was "why should we give you anything? you havent done shit for us." then those 3 guys came back and an email made it to pretty much EVERYONE on base and then some and now a LOT of people dont go to that restaurant anymore...

so, to answer your question, yes...not bow down and kiss my feet but at least give me some damned customer service which seems to be a dead concept these days.

Yay, I too got a refund.
The thing though, I got a confirmation email, but it said it was for the true.com one...anyone else get that?
It still said my points were on their way, though.

I signed up on 5/31 and have not gotten anything from the achiever saying they confirmed my registration....emailed them twice but not response as of yet....sucks a$$ cuz the true.com promotion went so flawless.

i got my confirmation email on 6/7 and I still haven't recieved my points card in my email...how long did it take for all of you once you got your confirmation email?

[quote name='Tommymoe']I signed up on 5/31 and have not gotten anything from the achiever saying they confirmed my registration....emailed them twice but not response as of yet....sucks a$$ cuz the true.com promotion went so flawless.[/QUOTE]

and it was so easy to take advantage of. I miss it already. By the way, the giftcard thing didn't work. I got emails stating there was a problem charging my cards. I guess no confirmation for me. Hopefully this will be really temporary thing and they will bring true back real soon.

[quote name='JohnnyFoxDarko']I got my confirmation email in about 4 days to a week or so.[/quote]

how long after the confirmation did you get the points card?

I was wrong and I've never been so happy to be so wrong. Using the gift cards with not enough cash on them worked. I got my confirmation the other day. As soon as I get the points, I'll cancel and start all over again. Best way to avoid being charged anything.

Looks like Ill be getting screwed on this deal as its been 2 weeks since Ive signed up and Ive got no confirmation of signing up and Ive done the "Contact Us" twice on the site and gotten no response....anybody else know how to get a hold of these turkeys?

I got another card Today :)

Is there anything new coming out that is worth saving them for? Or is there a place where I can find a list of upcoming releases?

If any of you are doing the stamps.com trial offer for MS points I highly suggest cancelling at least a week before your trial ends to be safe. I set a reminder to cancel a few days before, which happened to land on a Saturday. Their customer service is closed on the weekends and they tried telling me I'll get charged for the full month today. I had to argue with the guy for a while and he had to "talk to the manager" but they eventually caved and refunded my fee and cancelled the account. All good now, but just sos ya know.

[quote name='VideoGameFreak']I got another card Today :)

Is there anything new coming out that is worth saving them for? Or is there a place where I can find a list of upcoming releases?[/quote]

Bomberman Live?

I e-mailed Blockbuster about being charged $9.99 for the first month, instead of refunding me the amount, they gave me an free extra two weeks. That'll get me another e-coupon :)

Still $10 for 1600 Microsoft Points and 2 360 rentals is a nice deal!

Signed up two weeks ago, still nothing about my card. Sent them an email last Thursday or Friday, and they haven't even responded to that... :bomb:

I got fucked over on the true promotion, so I'm not happy about this at all. Though I did use a 4 week free trial code when signing up, so that might cause some problems. Still, I used the link xbox360achiever provided, and there was no documentation (that I could find) stating promo codes made the point card offer ineligible.

Eh, whatever. I will admit that I like Blockbuster's service so far. I think I'll downgrade my plan and keep it after the trial is done; the shipping speed has been excellent so far, and I could use the in-store rentals to try out 360 games I don't want to buy.

I got an email saying I'd get my points in 10-14 days. That was 15 days ago now and still no points. They haven't responded to my email either.

[quote name='Callandor']Signed up two weeks ago, still nothing about my card. Sent them an email last Thursday or Friday, and they haven't even responded to that... :bomb:

I got fucked over on the true promotion, so I'm not happy about this at all. Though I did use a 4 week free trial code when signing up, so that might cause some problems. Still, I used the link xbox360achiever provided, and there was no documentation (that I could find) stating promo codes made the point card offer ineligible.

Eh, whatever. I will admit that I like Blockbuster's service so far. I think I'll downgrade my plan and keep it after the trial is done; the shipping speed has been excellent so far, and I could use the in-store rentals to try out 360 games I don't want to buy.[/quote]

You can only exchange the mailers for movies, although you get one coupon every month for a free rental that can be used on games.

[quote name='polly']If any of you are doing the stamps.com trial offer for MS points I highly suggest cancelling at least a week before your trial ends to be safe. I set a reminder to cancel a few days before, which happened to land on a Saturday. Their customer service is closed on the weekends and they tried telling me I'll get charged for the full month today. I had to argue with the guy for a while and he had to "talk to the manager" but they eventually caved and refunded my fee and cancelled the account. All good now, but just sos ya know.[/QUOTE]

haha, i kinda had a similar problem. I waited about 3 weeks and called on a Friday, but on that day they had problems with their computers so I had to call another day which had to be from Mon-Fri. So I called on Tueday and the guy told me something about it beeing the 28 day with the trial and I would be charged. But he was nice and hook me up by downgrading my service to the $7.99 plan, gave me a 2 month fee waiver (won't have to pay anything) plus $10 added to my account. That reminds me, I need to cancel that account now :)

[quote name='yukine']You can only exchange the mailers for movies, although you get one coupon every month for a free rental that can be used on games.[/QUOTE]

Yup, I knew all that already. I know the mailers can't be exchanged for games; I never implied that.

[quote name='Callandor']Yup, I knew all that already. I know the mailers can't be exchanged for games; I never implied that.[/quote]
and I could use the in-store rentals to try out 360 games I don't want to buy.
Sorry, the way you worded it confused me.

People make mistakes, shocking I know.

I registered for this thing July 10th 2007, and I still haven't received a confirmation email or anything. I sent them contact emails through there site and I haven't received a reply yet. What's going on?
:cry:

bread's done
Back