Free $5 fandango codes

Here's an idea for everyone, courtesy of blu-ray.com forums:

We don't know for sure if this is a permanent development, but at least for the currently active Fandango Cash promotions (Divergent and Vampire Academy) there are "alternative redemption" pages (Divergent / Vampire Academy). You just enter your Fandango code and they will email you a print-at-home HMM certificate. As an added bonus, this certificate is good for ANY movie, and doesn't expire until six months after code redemption! (codes redeemed in March expire at the end of September, codes redeemed in April expire at end of October, etc)

http://tickets.fandango.com/promo-no-theaters-near-me/divergentfreeticket

There's the link that I used, several times.  It takes about a full day to receive your Hollywood Movie Money voucher, but it does come, it's worth $5, and I used several of them today to buy an AMC gift card, which *doesn't* expire, and has actual value (for example, now I can swap this GC for Amazon cash).

Hope that's helpful to some.

We don't know for sure if this is a permanent development, but at least for the currently active Fandango Cash promotions (Divergent and Vampire Academy) there are "alternative redemption" pages (Divergent / Vampire Academy). You just enter your Fandango code and they will email you a print-at-home HMM certificate. As an added bonus, this certificate is good for ANY movie, and doesn't expire until six months after code redemption! (codes redeemed in March expire at the end of September, codes redeemed in April expire at end of October, etc)

There's the link that I used, several times. It takes about a full day to receive your Hollywood Movie Money voucher, but it does come, it's worth $5, and I used several of them today to buy an AMC gift card, which *doesn't* expire, and has actual value (for example, now I can swap this GC for Amazon cash).

Thanks for this! Just put in my codes, hopefully I'll be getting emails in the next day or two.

[font=verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif]We don't know for sure if this is a permanent development, but at least for the currently active Fandango Cash promotions (Divergent and Vampire Academy) there are "alternative redemption" pages ([/size][/font]Divergent[font=verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif] / [/size][/font]Vampire Academy[font=verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif]). You just enter your Fandango code and they will email you a print-at-home HMM certificate. As an added bonus, this certificate is good for ANY movie, and doesn't expire until six months after code redemption! (codes redeemed in March expire at the end of September, codes redeemed in April expire at end of October, etc)[/size][/font]

There's the link that I used, several times. It takes about a full day to receive your Hollywood Movie Money voucher, but it does come, it's worth $5, and I used several of them today to buy an AMC gift card, which *doesn't* expire, and has actual value (for example, now I can swap this GC for Amazon cash).

Did you put in the same information for each code(name, home address, email)? How many do you mean when you say you used several to buy an AMC gift card?

So if this method works you could essentially get free movies from this deal instead of just $5 off of a movie, correct?

We don't know for sure if this is a permanent development, but at least for the currently active Fandango Cash promotions (Divergent and Vampire Academy) there are "alternative redemption" pages (Divergent / Vampire Academy). You just enter your Fandango code and they will email you a print-at-home HMM certificate. As an added bonus, this certificate is good for ANY movie, and doesn't expire until six months after code redemption! (codes redeemed in March expire at the end of September, codes redeemed in April expire at end of October, etc)

If you dont mind explaining, what exactly are the alternate redemption options? Like is it just tickets for different theaters, i dont really know what Divergent and Vampire Academy are.

If you dont mind explaining, what exactly are the alternate redemption options? Like is it just tickets for different theaters, i dont really know what Divergent and Vampire Academy are.
I redeemed the dicount code via the above option and got my credit e-mailed this morning. Here's what it looks like:

vGXeCnC.jpg

Note that it says "not valid for online use or purchase of gift cards."

Last edited by a moderator:
I redeemed the dicount code via the above option and got my credit e-mailed this morning. Here's what it looks like:

vGXeCnC.jpg

You beat me to it! I was just about to post this same thing! LOL... oh well, I'm just using it for movies anyway... no need to get a GC IMO.... I'm just hoping I can use more than one per transaction since movie tickets are $8.50 at my local theatre.

vGXeCnC.jpg

Sorry I am just confused what the difference is. Is the point of doing that just to extend the expiration? Otherwise its still just $5.00 off a ticket right?

So I did the alternate redemption last night and got the email for Hollywood Movie Money today.  The Hollywood Movie Money will show whatever name you entered during redemption.  It says that it's only good for movie admission.  But I'm guessing if you're lucky and if the box office cashier is "nice", then you could use them to buy a gift card.  You would need at least $25 worth of Hollywood Movie Money to get the gift card which starts at $25.  It also says they need to manually enter the certificates.  It doesn't say anything about if you could combine certificates or not, so I guess you could and I'm guessing the remaining balance will still be in the certificate.  It says it's only good for movie admission, so once again you might need a "nice" cashier to use it for concession items.  Thanks OP and to the person with alternate redemption info.  Now we could use the full $5 without any Fandango fees.

So I did the alternate redemption last night and got the email for Hollywood Movie Money today. The Hollywood Movie Money will show whatever name you entered during redemption. It says that it's only good for movie admission. But I'm guessing if you're lucky and if the box office cashier is "nice", then you could use them to buy a gift card. You would need at least $25 worth of Hollywood Movie Money to get the gift card which starts at $25. It also says they need to manually enter the certificates. It doesn't say anything about if you could combine certificates or not, so I guess you could and I'm guessing the remaining balance will still be in the certificate. It says it's only good for movie admission, so once again you might need a "nice" cashier to use it for concession items. Thanks OP and to the person with alternate redemption info. Now we could use the full $5 without any Fandango fees.
ohhh alright, so it is a way to bypass the Fandango fee. I didnt understand the point of the alternate redemption at first.

Ugh, Fandango's convenience fees are so ridiculous... I wish I'd gotten in on this since I'm going to see Guardians alone tonight and really want to enter the contest :/

I'll have to check back later as it seems that Fandango realized that people were taking advantage of this like crazy. Ah, well. 

Ah, good things never last. He who hesitates is lost. Other cliches. ;)
I'll have to check back later as it seems that Fandango realized that people were taking advantage of this like crazy. Ah, well.
I feel bad now because I took my whole family of 6 to Guardians of the Galaxy today for 10 bucks! Wait... I don't feel that bad :twisted: .. but that does suck that some people missed out... hopefully it comes back. I'm sure they'll fix the fact that the same code worked 1000's of times.

Oh and FYI... I couldn't use more than one $5 Hollywood Movie Money voucher per ticket! The POS system wouldn't let them.

THE MOVIE WAS fuck AWESOME!

I knew this wasn't going to last much longer, although it sucks for those who are just seeing this now. Hopefully a new code pops up haha. Managed to get the Hollywood movie money codes and use them for Guardians of the Galaxy, which was fuckin awesome!

Yeah I kinda thought we wouldnt be able to stack on one ticket, since I read the faqs that it transfers all the rules from the $5 off fandango to the HMM certificate, so for those who got $13 to watch the hunger games fandango code, if you transfer it to HMM certificate it will still only be able to be used on the hunger games only. But no fee :)

Yeah I kinda thought we wouldnt be able to stack on one ticket, since I read the faqs that it transfers all the rules from the $5 off fandango to the HMM certificate, so for those who got $13 to watch the hunger games fandango code, if you transfer it to HMM certificate it will still only be able to be used on the hunger games only. But no fee :)
I think getting the vouchers to stack is YMMV, because I just went today and stacked three of them. Also in the email I got for them it said that they can stack.

Planning to watch early tomorrow at AMC matinee showing for only $4 per ticket.  Will get 2 tickets and use 2 certificates.  It should have a dollar left over on one cert right?  Anyone here had left over balance or they just take it regardless?

Planning to watch early tomorrow at AMC matinee showing for only $4 per ticket. Will get 2 tickets and use 2 certificates. It should have a dollar left over on one cert right? Anyone here had left over balance or they just take it regardless?
They will probably take both. Under the Box Office Employee Instructions section it states: "Certificate must be used in one transaction."

I'm going to see Guardians of the Galaxy today but I don't think they gonna mail me codes in time, anyway they sent me a extra one so whoever grabs it please make sure to say it :D

Your promotional code is: 7CHE-D39B69-47D7

I'm going to see Guardians of the Galaxy today but I don't think they gonna mail me codes in time, anyway they sent me a extra one so whoever grabs it please make sure to say it :D

Your promotional code is: 7CHE-D39B69-47D7
Redeemed already. Lurker probably got it.

Sorry I am just confused what the difference is. Is the point of doing that just to extend the expiration? Otherwise its still just $5.00 off a ticket right?
Aside from avoiding the Fandango fee, changing to Movie Money adds two huge benefits:

1. You don't have to pre-select a specific showing time and theater online.

2. There are a ton more participating theaters for HMM than there are for Fandango. It usually goes from 1-2 to 5-7 for me.

Changed 4 codes over to MovieMoney today just to see how it goes. I don't plan on redeeming them for anything other than movie admissions.

Bonus: Movie Money is considered a form of actual payment at the theater. If you're buying two $4 tickets using two $5 HMM certificates, you may very well be able to use the extra $2 as a down payment for a small candy bar. (assuming you're going on a slow day when the ticket sales are done at the concession stand)

I've only converted one code to HMM, and the cashier at AMC today didn't have any luck using it to buy a gift card. Boo.

I've used these HMM tickets twice now... first time I tried to use more than one per $6.75 ticket and was declined by the computer system.

2nd time, I went to the early bird and it was $3 per ticket, used 2 HMM vouchers, for two tickets, and asked if I had $4 credit or what, and they said nope. The leftover is gone, as it has no cash value, and can only be redeemed for ONE movie ticket.

Used 4 of these yesterday to take the family to see Guardians of the Galaxy.  Only cost me $9 total to take the fam to the movies.  Saved $20 thanks!!

Sucks that I never got my codes for my Hotmail account. The others, however, came in no problem. 

Converted two to HMM and I went ahead and used one for Early Bird Guardians of the Galaxy. Paid only $2. After that, I watched Lucy. So I watched my money's worth. 

Might watch Dragonball Z: Battle of the Gods with the HMM for the fun of it. 

so does anyone know how to see which theaters accept hmm. Don't want yo convert them if they're going to end up being useless to me.

Has the alternate redemption been confirmed or denied to stack on a single ticket?

And did someone say there is a possibly it can be used on drink/snacks? Depending on the cashier basically.

There were talks of the codes fandango sent out being cancelled over at SD.

Unless you reserved a time already I think they stopped the order on them. Thats my understanding. I tried a HMM transfer yesterday, it went through but never got the e-mail confirmation for it. So assuming if you have unused codes they will not work

bread's done
Back