Free 60gb PS3 w/tv purchase

[quote name='wadeshaqwalker']:bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb::bomb:

people love to hate the ps3. it's kinda sad.[/QUOTE]
I know this has been discussed to death but it is all about the price tag. It isn't that the PS3 "sucks" it is that the PS3 sucks for the price they are asking for it.

"So much for not enough ps3s to go around, huh $ony!"

No, they are limited !

Get free playstation 3 deluxe w/ combo, limited offer (limit 20 per customer)
:) (limit 20 per customer)

[quote name='rodeojones903']Hence the word free.[/QUOTE]

actually u pay the shipping on it, so its like 12 bucks :)

[quote name='cheapbrass']Awesome deal. In for 1. I am going to return the tv and keep the free PS3![/QUOTE]
Good luck with that :whistle2:#

[quote name='cheapbrass']Awesome deal. In for 1. I am going to return the tv and keep the free PS3![/quote]

I dont believe newegg will alllow you to do that, usually you have to return the entire bundle.

damn, now this is on my mind... this needs to go away, seriously, now, before i do something i will regret....please go away, i just brought a car, please oh please go away

I'd say you should do the combo and then just sell the PS3 and get a massive discount on the TV. Or, sell it at a discount, like $550, and by a 360 :)

[quote name='cheapbrass']Awesome deal. In for 1. I am going to return the tv and keep the free PS3![/quote]

good luck with that, be sure to tell us if it works out or not

[quote name='cheapbrass']Awesome deal. In for 1. I am going to return the tv and keep the free PS3![/QUOTE]

Come on now, don't try this shit with Newegg. Some other companies I wouldn't care about, but Newegg is a great company and they don't deserve the hassle.

I think it's funny how at the PS3 launch stores like CompUSA were forcing you to buy a TV to pre-order a PS3 (and pay full price on the PS3) and now it's the opposite

[quote name='mtxbass1']I'm really considering this deal. I've been looking for a good 46" 1080p tv in this price range.[/QUOTE]

And this one is fantastic (4ms!!).

If you look at it from a strictly gaming console POV, then it's very much overpriced, but when you look at it from a BluRay player perspective, then it's actually quite cheap, with most of the units coming out at $800+. Sony is just now releasing a stand-alone $600 BluRay Player, so even next to that, the PS3 is a steal.

Don't think I'm being a Sony apologist though. I won't be buying a PS3 anytime soon thanks to how expensive it is. It's just not in the budget right now, and even if it was, I'd be hard-pressed justifying the purchase since the 360 and Wii are serving their purposes quite well. The problem isn't the price of the technology, it's the fact that Sony decided to bundle their overpriced proprietary disc format with that technology, effectively cutting off a good many of their customer base. Sony assumed that their customers would just bite the bullet and pay an extra $200 for a feature most neither need nor want, just because they "HAD TO HAVE IT!" It looks like they assumed wrong...

[quote name='rodeojones903']And this one is fantastic (4ms!!).[/quote]

Everyone should do themselves a favor and stay away from this tv. This, and most Sharps right now have severe banding issues.

I know this, because I've bought and returned two so far. I stopped after the second one because I pretty much gave up the idea I'd get lucky enough to get one that isn't noticable.

Go read up at AVSForum about these monstrosities. Unless you like stripes in your TV, find another brand.

Newegg's "no-return policy" on TV's doesn't help either. You basically have no shot at powering this thing on and testing it before you "own" it and have to deal with Sharp's customer service.

And that.....is another story all unto itself.

ah...after reading cnets review on it i decided to pass...very very close though since i am in the market for a 1080p lcd larger then 40 inches

[quote name='Kendal']Any other TVs this is bundled with?[/quote]

nope, =( if it was a different tv..like a samsung i would consider it

What's hilarious is reading the reviews on the newegg PS3 product page. Sony fanboys are by far the worst of them all. I mean look at the most recent review by Daz, he says that every game that came out on the 360 and PS3 looks better on the PS3 hands down even Fight Night. I mean if that's not pathetic I don't know what is. Every game that comes out on both is rated higher on 360 and Gamespot even ran a comparaison feature which they showed the every game tested looked better on the 360, especially Fight Night which actually has sprite spectators in the PS3 version lol. And he states the reason being better textures on PS3 which is precisely the weakness of the PS3. Textures on the PS3 look terrible because of the limited memory.

I own all 3 and the PS3 is certainly a capable system that can really push a ton of polys. VF5 looks amazing but when the camera is zoomed in on a texture you clearly see the crappiness. Look at this shot from MGS4, look at the texture of the ledge:

metal-gear-solid-4-guns-of-the-patriots--20061007033915457.jpg

[quote name='roymustang']What's hilarious is reading the reviews on the newegg PS3 product page. Sony fanboys are by far the worst of them all. I mean look at the most recent review by Daz, he says that every game that came out on the 360 and PS3 looks better on the PS3 hands down even Fight Night. I mean if that's not pathetic I don't know what is. Every game that comes out on both is rated higher on 360 and Gamespot even ran a comparaison feature which they showed the every game tested looked better on the 360, especially Fight Night which actually has sprite spectators in the PS3 version lol. And he states the reason being better textures on PS3 which is precisely the weakness of the PS3. Textures on the PS3 look terrible because of the limited memory.

I own all 3 and the PS3 is certainly a capable system that can really push a ton of polys. VF5 looks amazing but when the camera is zoomed in on a texture you clearly see the crappiness. Look at this shot from MGS4, look at the texture of the ledge:

metal-gear-solid-4-guns-of-the-patriots--20061007033915457.jpg
[/QUOTE]

...you do know that MGS4 is still a long ways from being finished, right? Not to mention, who knows what stage its development was at when the picture was taken. No offense, but methinks you need to get out of the house more...

No shocker they (ps3s) are rotting on the shelves here in Atlanta.
Not a bad price for the TV- best I have seen for the 46 inch 1080P Aquos was $2299
It's a great TV, the 1080p Aquos LCDs are superior to even the Sony XBR 1080p LCDs.
I would rather have the Sharp over the Sony LCDs anyday. Don't ask me about my experiences with the 2 PoS3's I had though. Stupid slot loading BlueRay trays.

Still sticking with my original plan to get a 56" Samsung DLP, but this is a nice alternative if I change my mind.

[quote name='AwRy108']...you do know that MGS4 is still a long ways from being finished, right? Not to mention, who knows what stage its development was at when the picture was taken. No offense, but methinks you need to get out of the house more...[/quote]

Typical Sony fanboy. They jump right to insults because they have nothing else. Really sad. That shot was just an example, every PS3 game I played suffers from bad textures. Thankfully you don't notice it too much from a distance.

I have a PS3 and enjoy playing VF5 a lot but it doesn't blind me to the fact that textures are a big problem for the PS3.

[quote name='AwRy108']...you do know that MGS4 is still a long ways from being finished, right? Not to mention, who knows what stage its development was at when the picture was taken. No offense, but methinks you need to get out of the house more...[/quote]
Yeah, I bet it'll look a little better on the 360, but then again I don't think that pic looks bad.

Funny how it says you get a free PS3. It's actually not free at all. It is built into the price to make you think it is free. What the consumer is really doing is paying for the PS3, that stupid consumers just doesn't know it. Look on pricegrabber. This tv sells for way less at other etailers.

you can get this tv alone for less than 2100 shipped from amazon. This bundle is $600 more than that after shipping.. no deal at all

[quote name='CrimsonPaw']Yeah, I bet it'll look a little better on the 360, but then again I don't think that pic looks bad.[/QUOTE]

..except it isn't coming to the 360...

[quote name='napmaster']Funny how it says you get a free PS3. It's actually not free at all. It is built into the price to make you think it is free. What the consumer is really doing is paying for the PS3, that stupid consumers just doesn't know it. Look on pricegrabber. This tv sells for way less at other etailers.[/QUOTE]

I agree, this TV can be had for $2000 on other sites. People are paying the extra $599 for the PS3.

Bah, my parents have the 52 there are no banding issues in 720p/1080i/ or 1080p that I have seen from any source. The only complaint I have about the aquos line is that the sharps have a very soft up-conversion picture from 480p and regular cable tv source signals, but they are fine: no banding, no moire, no tearing on any of them that I have seen thus far.

Ignore the AVS forums, seriously. They will bash Sharps, Olevia, and Westinghouse TVs all day long without one having owned one or seen one outside the store.

They have just as many Sony/Mitsu type fanboys as a typical gamer forums.

You want to warn somebody about something: warn them about the cheap BlueRay drives Sony is putting in the PS3, I have had TWO fail one on my 1st model I got at X-Mas and one on the 60 gig model I purchased at BB. You could also warn them about Sony dropping the backwards compatibility from PS3.

Seriously though, the best 1080p LCD picture I have seen was from a 42 inch Westinghouse running a MCPC at 1080p. If the blacks had been better it would have been perfect.

The 1080p Aquos line is stunning, check them out for yourself but make sure the store is running at least a 720p signal. I have seen displays in BB and CC that have 480p satellite or even standard cable running which makes Samsung and Sony models look much better.

Also, make sure you get the remote and check the TV's settings. I have seen horribly configured LCDs set up to help bait-and-switch sales in many stores.

I got my first taste of HD at the mall on a Sharp Aquos hd tv.:drool:I was blown away instantly.Im now in the market for a hd tv.I was thinking going to Dell with my HD needs.:cool:I could get a ps3 and 23'' hd tv for about 1500 hundred dollars.

[quote name='Kuros']Come on now, don't try this shit with Newegg. Some other companies I wouldn't care about, but Newegg is a great company and they don't deserve the hassle.[/QUOTE]

agreed.

a good rule of thumb about life: don't be a douchebag. makes the world a slightly better place for those of us with consciences.

lets see... go to college next semester or buy a 1080p tv with free ps3.

i'll stick with my 720p tv and xbox 360 combo and go to school next semester.

seriously, not much of a deal if in order to be free you have to spend $2600 on a TV...

[quote name='roymustang']Typical Sony fanboy. They jump right to insults because they have nothing else. Really sad. That shot was just an example, every PS3 game I played suffers from bad textures. Thankfully you don't notice it too much from a distance.

I have a PS3 and enjoy playing VF5 a lot but it doesn't blind me to the fact that textures are a big problem for the PS3.[/QUOTE]
jumping to insults? he said the game isn't finished. how is that an insult? here's an insult for you: post a response that makes sense. did he say you're an idiot? if he did, i didn't see it. please show us where he insulted you. thanks. and sony fanboys are the worst? there is no such thing as "worst" fanboy. they're all bad.

[quote name='tek2k']jumping to insults? he said the game isn't finished. how is that an insult? here's an insult for you: post a response that makes sense. did he say you're an idiot? if he did, i didn't see it. please show us where he insulted you. thanks. and sony fanboys are the worst? there is no such thing as "worst" fanboy. they're all bad.[/quote]
Well perhaps you should practice your reading skills then. And putting "No offense" in front of it doesn't make it any less offensive to me. But I actually find it quite amusing that someone who lives in Croton on Hudson (I lived there a year when i was kid), which consists of an A&P surrounded by a few houses and a few red brick apartment buildings, tells me to get out of the house more when I live in Vegas. If anything I should stay home more.

bread's done
Back