Free 60gb PS3 w/tv purchase

[quote name='napmaster']Funny how it says you get a free PS3. It's actually not free at all. It is built into the price to make you think it is free. What the consumer is really doing is paying for the PS3, that stupid consumers just doesn't know it. Look on pricegrabber. This tv sells for way less at other etailers.[/QUOTE]

I dont know why this took until page 2

Many places have this for around $2000, basically this ps3 is not free at all, its just a way to lure idiots into thinking "HOLY CRAP FREE PS3 LOL (WHAT IS PRICEGRABBER.cOM???!!!??)"

Newegg also blows in the online tv department, cant hold a candle to visualapex or tvauthority

[quote name='SOSTrooper']I agree, this TV can be had for $2000 on other sites. People are paying the extra $599 for the PS3.[/quote]

Good catch guys. I'm disappointed in newegg--thought they were better than this...

If you dont have alot of room, Id say go with a Sharp LCD, but if you have the room, RPTV's are known to produce much better picture

JVC, Sony , and Samsung would be my choices in that department

Never thought this to be much of a deal if you are used to finding deals online, I saved around 500 on my 61" JVC by buying from an online retailer without tax and shipping, as opposed to the sale price of 2399 from Best Buy

[quote name='roymustang']Well perhaps you should practice your reading skills then. And putting "No offense" in front of it doesn't make it any less offensive to me. But I actually find it quite amusing that someone who lives in Croton on Hudson (I lived there a year when i was kid), which consists of an A&P surrounded by a few houses and a few red brick apartment buildings, tells me to get out of the house more when I live in Vegas. If anything I should stay home more.[/QUOTE]

Not sure what "place of residence" has to do with all this, but I can tell you one thing: if I lived in "Sin City", I'd probably stay indoors more, too. Oh, and lest you forget: Croton on Hudson is 45 minutes away from NYC, or the place many people call "the center of the universe".

You could probably get the combo and sell the TV on ebay to someone who doesn't look at the reviews on it, and keep the free PS3.

Seems like you'd either win or lose though...

[quote name='Blade']You could probably get the combo and sell the TV on ebay to someone who doesn't look at the reviews on it, and keep the free PS3.

Seems like you'd either win or lose though...[/QUOTE]

when you add in shipping and ebay/paypal fees it's just not worth the gamble

anyone newegg.com is terrible for buying large tvs as they don't accept returns no matter what

Newegg has a bad return policy for TVs so it is kind of risky. Their suggestion is to inspect the TV and hook it up while the delivery guy is still at your door --I'm sure he would agree to that. The TV would probably be fine just maybe some dead pixels. If you're looking for a good TV in that price range, that one has nice specs, and can't decide between that model and another then just get the one with the ps3. Although I wouldn't buy the TV solely based on the fact that you combo a free ps3 with it.

[quote name='TehTriggerman']
exitsignif0.png

:lol: :lol:[/QUOTE]

Awesome. Awesome to the max.

If I were rich, I'd love this deal. I'll be happy with my $400 27" Olevia 527v tomorrow though, granted no funky shit happens with it.

About Newegg's policy-- from reading reviews, it sounds like they make exceptions occasionally. If it's really messed up and you make a huge stink, you could probably get an RMA for it.

Do these models actually display in 1080p or do they just convert from 1080p and downscale? I heard (rumor?) that they are not true 1080 and that the wording is misleading.

Notice how the price of the TV is $2599.99 - that's because this TV has been discounted (or possibly even clearanced) to $2000 elsewhere no doubt (leaving the 599.99...the exact retail price of the 60 GB PS3).

Thus, you aren't exactly getting a free PS3...well, you are, but you're also paying 599.99 more for a TV.

Man, be careful with this TV - I had two of them and both had MAJOR banding issues that totally detracted from the viewing experience. YMMV, but if you look over at avsforum you'll see a lot of other unsatisfied customers.

And yeah, I took them back. With newegg's no TV return policy, you're playing with fire here. Not to mention the fact that the TV is hardly giving you a "free PS3" after looking at other prices on the same model elsewhere.

What sucks ASS is the fact that the newer Sharp 92U series - which are fantastic in almost every other category - ALSO seems to have the same problems. Sharp has some major issues to address in their production process.

bread's done
Back