Free Carcassonne for Xbox Live's 5th Birthday (Nov. 15-16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='ryoga79']About Hexic2- I thought M$ was banning people for making other region accounts, including banning your master account off Live. That's why I haven't gotten any of the content from other regions. Is it only associated with the other region account as well? I is confuseded.[/QUOTE]

???

I've never heard anything like that and I've had a Japanese account for awhile now.

I swear I thought I read something on Digg about M$ banning people who make accounts in other regions just for the DLC. If I'm wrong, then I have to go home and make a few accounts and start downloading stuff. lol

Anybody know where I can find the info I need for a Korean account?

When I made my Japanese one, I got all the info from some website and I think it had instructions for other accounts, too. That was a long time ago, though, and I don't have it bookmarked anymore. :cry:

[quote name='tsunamikitsune']Anybody know where I can find the info I need for a Korean account?

When I made my Japanese one, I got all the info from some website and I think it had instructions for other accounts, too. That was a long time ago, though, and I don't have it bookmarked anymore. :cry:[/quote]

Just Google hotels in Korea, use their zip code and phone number and whatever else is needed and presto!

This is an excellent game, how come we don't get a colorful meaningless tile for already owning the game as a sign of appreciation!^^

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I wonder if I'll be getting the 500pts...I've been on XBL since the Beta. Though I changed my name to LinkinPrime after the first year....I probobly won't qualify for it...do'h![/QUOTE]

I've been with Live since day 1, so I should qualify for the points. I have seen no mention of this on xbox.com however, where was this announced?

[quote name='Immortal fWd']I've been with Live since day 1, so I should qualify for the points. I have seen no mention of this on xbox.com however, where was this announced?[/QUOTE]

joystiq. and they are NEVER wrong ;)

Bastards. Of course, I already have this. Why couldn't it be Catan? :lol:
Makes me hesitant to buy any more games I won't play a lot when I first get them. I barely played this sucker... From now on I will be EVEN STINGIER with my MS points. They could have at least thrown a bone to people who already have it like the ability to get one of the expansions for free.

I played the demo of Carcassone and really enjoyed it, I just didn't want to pay $10.00. Now I don't have to! :lol:

Edit: Nevermind, what I played was Catan. Well free is free.

Wow, thanks for nothing, XBL! A free game that I already paid for. Great.

Still, it's a good deal if you don't have it already. Lots of fun. Maybe more people will be in games from now on, so it won't be a total loss for me. :)

Dammit, I saw TotemBall was free and downloaded it thinking maybe this was another game they were giving away free but didn't advertise.

Then I discovered it's a shitty Xbox Webcam game. I'm sure you all can guess I don't have the webcam.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']
Then I discovered it's a shitty Xbox Webcam game. I'm sure you all can guess I don't have the webcam.[/quote]

Even if you did you wouldn't want to play that turd, trust me.

Dang, giving away one of the two games I actually bought, but all those points were free from promotions anyway. It is a great game for anyone who hasn't played it.

Anyone get hooked up with the 500pts? They appereantly already sent out emails with the code. I didn't get one because I changed my name :cry:

It's funny because in the interview with Trixie on Major Nelson she said only 10 people are getting those 500 points. Which is odd because at least 3 people here claim thay have been on Live since day 1.

[quote name='mykevermin']10 people? 500 points each?

Goddamn philanthropists, I tell ya.[/quote]I lol'ed....heck I'm still laughing. It's your icon that does it.

[quote name='ryoga79']I made my korean account today. I'm gonna check it when I get up in the morning to get hexic2.[/quote]
It's already Thursday in Korea.

Sucks about the free 500 points, since I changed my account name back 2 years ago so they probably think I haven't been playin since 2002.

Only 10? That's bull, I pre-ordered Live and had it activated on day one, there's gotta be more then 10 people that signed up on day one and have never changed my gamertag.

[quote name='akilshohen']I need somehelp with the korean account, did you all use a residence or a hotel for the address?[/quote]
I used a hotel. I also did all of the address on the computer, because the xbox wsa forcing me to type with korean characters (which I don't know).

Wow, am I the only one that's going to skip on this free game? Carcasonne does not interest me at all. Too bad, I'd rather have a free gamer pic or something.

[quote name='doctorfaustus']Wow, am I the only one that's going to skip on this free game? Carcasonne does not interest me at all. Too bad, I'd rather have a free gamer pic or something.[/quote]

Hey, a free game is a free game. Unless you're REALLY hurting for hard drive space, it wouldn't hurt to download it. Even then, you could just delete it and have it on your account and be able to download it in the future if you ever wanted it for some reason.

BTW, I think there are going to be free gamerpics and themes, I just don't know what.

theres like 5 or 6 free themes and theyre on the marketplace right now

currently using the wolfenstein one

btw how can u complain about a free game? :cold:

Theres a ton of free themes up now. A special gears and halo 2 one, which both are great.

Edit: Nelo Ice beat me to it, wow I had this page open awhile, he posted 18 minutes ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back