(FREE) ECA Membership, Amazon Codes are down for time being

Status
Not open for further replies.

emeraldgsl

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
Mods' edit:
No begging for codes. Beggars will be permabanned on the spot.

[img-l=5198]6006[/img-l]Get 10% off all your Amazon gaming purchases for a year and receive other special benefits by joining the ECA, a non-profit advocacy organization which is dedicated to defending and advancing the interests of gamers. Codes aren't available at the moment, unknown ETA when/if they'll be back.

icon4.gif
Join the ECA $14.99 (college students & military), others $19.99

(Free memberships available, see below.)

Complete list of discounts/benfits [hiddenlist]
Discounted games sales/rental offerings from:

• Amazon.com - download a code from the Benefits section to use at Amazon.com towards 10% off your games purchases. If you buy three or more games a year, this benefit alone makes being a member worth it.
  • Direct2Drive.com - download your code from the ECA's exclusive member benefits section to use at Direct2Drive.com towards 10% off your game purchases.Direct2Drive's easy and secure system lets you download full pc games, arcade games, anime, game guides, and comics from home instead of dealing with waiting time and inventory stock-outs. Check out thier site for the best way to buy!
  • GameFly - is offering ECA members a 30-day free trial to their video game rental service.
  • Good Old Games - a leading destination for download-to-own DRM-free classic PC games, is offering members 20% off of new game purchases.
  • Newegg/Patriot Gaming - get $10 off when you buy select memory sticks.
Discounted admission/access offerings from:

• NYComiCon - is offering members a discount on the price of admission.
  • Penny Arcade Expo (PAX) - members receive 10% off the price of admission to the Penny Arcade Expo in Seattle, Washington for pre-registrants.
  • TooManyGames - get $1 off entry to gaming community events.
  • VGXPO - America's Video Game Expo is offering 10% discounted admission.
Discounted/Free Trial offerings from:

• GameJobs - ECA members receive free resume uploads at GameJobs.com, the leading job board and career site serving the games business.
  • Hyatt Hotels - members receive a 5-10% discount on room rates at Hyatt Hotels throughout the US and Canada.
  • Prima Publishing - get 10% off of over 500 hint book and strategy guides.
  • Warcry - ECA members are invited to take advantage of a 30-day free trial membership in the Warcry Network's "Choice" program.
[/hiddenlist]

[quote name='dallascowboys']If you use the code GIMAG on theeca.com (found in an article of the new Crackdown GI issue), you can receive a free, full 1 year membership (I think it's only for new accounts). You do need a credit card to sign up, but if you cancel before the 1 year is up, you won't be charged. This is a great deal for the free amazon discount. Be sure to use the coupon soon, because the article doesn't mention the expiration for the coupon.

Enjoy guys!
dallascowboys

P.S. Now all of CAG can have an ECA membership!

Also, after you enter your CC number and the coupon, the page after lets you check everything before you submit your order. That way you know that the coupon worked and you won't be charged.

-----------------------

LinkinPrime Edit:

Check your spam filters for the confirmation link, if you signed up for the newsletter you will get 2 emails, one for the newsletter and one for the membership. For some reason the newsletter one showed up in my inbox and the membership was in my junk mail folder, so keep an eye out.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='slickkill77']You weren't kidding. Ok I found this on page 28. All credit goes to jacknicklson for the original faq (1-6).

ECA/Amazon FAQ

1. I can't get into the member's area/can't find out where to pay. Help!

After the initial registration email, you should receive a second email linking you to a payment page. You can request that this email be resent if need be. Make sure to check your junk/spam folders as well.

2. Will this work on consoles?

No. Games and most accessories only. Physical point cards are also eligible, but not digital point codes.

3. Do these work on Quick Picks/Deals of the Day/Trade-in Coupons?

Yes, Yes, and Yes!

4. How do I get my Quick Picks to show games?

http://betterelevation.com/2009/02/1...old-box-trick/
This should be a basis to get it to work for whatever you are interested in. It is not a science though so be persistent.

5. Does this work on Pre-orders?

Yes, it does. The price will also automatically take off 10% of whatever the final selling point is due to the Pre-Price Guarantee that Amazon offers.

6. I have heard that these offers have expired/been removed, is this true?

There have been a few instances where codes expired or they ran out but The ECA and Amazon have usually rectified the situation within a week or so. Also, the Terms of Service state that any membership benefits can change or be canceled without any notice so keep that in mind when signing up.

7. Double and Triple stacking

This is no longer possible. Don't bother trying. Originally when the ECA would run out of codes and switch to a new batch members were able to stack codes. A glitch in Amazon's system would keep older codes in your account, and it was possible to add codes from the newer batches to obtain more than 10% off. Amazon found out about this, hence the reason the codes are currently down/ being worked on.

8. Begging/Asking for codes

This is not allowed. If you beg/ask for a code you will be permabanned. No questions asked.

9. Selling codes

Definitely a big no no. If you do this, you will get reported to the ECA and your account will be shut down.

10. If I make a pre-order with a code a cancel it, will the code still work?

Yes. Codes should remain in your account but again they will no longer stack. It is one code per game. Amazon and the ECA are working on codes tied into our accounts but this option is not yet available.

11. If I already have a pre-order made, can I add a 10% off code to it?

You can not add a anything to an order once it is made except a gift card. You can try emailing Amazon customer support and ask them to add it. Generally they have no issue doing this for you but it's a crap shoot.

12. What if I already have a pre-order with the old codes applied? Should I be worried?

We don't know definitively, but chances are good that Amazon will not touch the pre orders we have already made.[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Pootie Thang']Has anyone been able to order Madden with the ECA codes? No matter how many codes I use it says:

"We're sorry, but the promotional code you entered cannot be applied to this purchase. Please refer to your promotional coupon for information about item or store restrictions."[/QUOTE]

I've been having the same issue. I used it one code yesterday and was told that it was a "one code per day" policy now. So I just tried to order NCAA 10 and I'm still getting the same message. Awesome.

Just signed up for my new e-mail address for my new college this fall, yay 5$ off.

Shipping some games in for the 50% coupon monday too. Out of this, the 50% and the 5% goldbox, how many can you stack?

wow that blows I thought about signing up, so you only get 1 chance to use it and the rest of the codes don't work at all?

Okay. So the codes aren't working. Good. I thought it was just because they don't work with preorders. Hopefully there's a better turnaround for these codes.

Update...
Codes will work but only once per amazon account (if you have multiple amazon accounts it will work 1x on each) Also you can get the discount on multiple games/accessories. Here is a nice combo Punch Out wii and contender kit for $54 (with $5 off mail code and $15 code (punchkit)+ eca. It takes off the discount off of both items. Discount still works on all gold box items.

[quote name='almasy82']Update...
Codes will work but only once per amazon account (if you have multiple amazon accounts it will work 1x on each) Also you can get the discount on multiple games/accessories. Here is a nice combo Punch Out wii and contender kit for $54 (with $5 off mail code and $15 code (punchkit)+ eca. It takes off the discount off of both items. Discount still works on all gold box items.[/QUOTE]

Well they certainly better fix that soon.

If you buy three or more games a year, this benefit alone makes being a member worth it.

Looks like this deal is coming to an end.

I guess I could just make an Amazon account for every order. :lol:

I don't see how that makes sense for us or Amazon, but I'll do whatever it takes to get my discount. ;)

[quote name='almasy82']Update...
Codes will work but only once per amazon account (if you have multiple amazon accounts it will work 1x on each) Also you can get the discount on multiple games/accessories. Here is a nice combo Punch Out wii and contender kit for $54 (with $5 off mail code and $15 code (punchkit)+ eca. It takes off the discount off of both items. Discount still works on all gold box items.[/QUOTE]

Just curious...who told you this? Are you just inferring this or were you told this by somebody at Amazon or ECA?

I thought he meant codes only work once now as in, that's all they're doing at this moment, but obviously not how they should be working..

[quote name='Vortextk']I thought he meant codes only work once now as in, that's all they're doing at this moment, but obviously not how they should be working..[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I guess I get that rereading this. This is truly frustrating. I hope this is getting fixed and isn't permanent. I definitely won't renew my membership if it's one discount per account.

[quote name='antitravolta']I hope this is getting fixed and isn't permanent. I definitely won't renew my membership if it's one discount per account.[/QUOTE]

Lol if you didn't get a discount for college/military, you'd better be buying the new rock band every year to make it worthwhile =P

Already got a good use of the ECA discount so far but I just wish they'd make it so you know what's going on. I never understood how they could manage to support a 10% off video games.

I'm not really happy about it because things seem to change without notice.

Within the next couple of days, I'm guessing this thread will be locked up. So far, the comments have been mild. I hope we can keep it civil in here. :p

Figures, they make one thing right then screw up.

I decided to condense my pre-order orders down to one or two instead of over a dozen, but in the process I lost a couple GB deals (paying little attention..) and noticed it wouldn't let me take release-date shipping on Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days or Dissidia Final Fantasy if the entire order was above $500. So I just have games pre-ordered that will or probably will come out this year. Hope they fix the codes (again) soon.

[quote name='opportunity777']I'm not really happy about it because things seem to change without notice.

Within the next couple of days, I'm guessing this thread will be locked up. So far, the comments have been mild. I hope we can keep it civil in here. :p[/QUOTE]

Yeah, let's keep it civil so the thought nazis don't rush in and keep dissatisfied customers from speaking their mind. (shrike, I'm looking at you).

this is some baby back bullshit. im still bitching at them because they double billed me for a membership and now this shenanigans. plus, they have horrible customer care. they're getting a phone call from me tomorrow.

[quote name='sinned47']this is some baby back bullshit. im still bitching at them because they double billed me for a membership and now this shenanigans. plus, they have horrible customer care. they're getting a phone call from me tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

Wouldn't it be better if you tried on Monday?

And the same goes for everyone else, it is the weekend.... I don't expect anything to get done on the weekends since most people are off. Lets just wait till Monday....

[quote name='JCDenton']Yeah, let's keep it civil so the thought nazis don't rush in and keep dissatisfied customers from speaking their mind. (shrike, I'm looking at you).[/QUOTE]

:lol:

What is going on with the ECA discount?! I am not able to use it more than once a day or what?

I just placed an order without any problems, and now it says that I cannot use it!

Mhnajjar, would it hurt you to read a couple of pages of the thread? Or to have a nick that isn't just a bunch of letters thrown together randomly? ;)

[quote name='eastx']Mhnajjar, would it hurt you to read a couple of pages of the thread? Or to have a nick that isn't just a bunch of letters thrown together randomly? ;)[/QUOTE]

When did EA release a stx game? ;)

Maybe I did not understand because it seems that what some people was just speculations and nothing solid :roll:

BTW, my nickname isn't a bunch of random letters :bomb: hahahha.

What is the deal? Would it hurt you to summarize it for busy people like me? :cool:

Oh wow, just wow. After weeks of absolutle junk in my Goldbox, I get a whopping NINE games in it. Too bad I already used my *one* ECA code yesterday. :|

-Demon's Souls w/ Artbook
-Demon's Souls Deluxe Edition w/ Artbook
-Class of Heroes
-Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box
-Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks
-Black Sigil
-Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story
-GOLDEN fuckING SUN DS
-Metroid M

DAMIT. Why does this keep happening? :(

[quote name='Ndolger']Oh wow, just wow. After weeks of absolutle junk in my Goldbox, I get a whopping NINE games in it. Too bad I already used my *one* ECA code yesterday. :|

-Class of Heroes
-Black Sigil
-GOLDEN fuckING SUN DS
-Metroid M

DAMIT. Why does this keep happening? :([/QUOTE]
ouch!, THAT SUCKS. I would have snatched up 5 of those games easy.

Remember to post in their forums so they notice and we can get an explanation faster(hopefully).

so can i use one code and apply it to a quantity of say 3 of the same game?.. like 3 pikimons?.. I already burnt mine today on one I had no idea it was one code a day now. will it take off 10% for each game in your cart or just pick one game?. thanks.

[quote name='arcadecup']so can i use one code and apply it to a quantity of say 3 of the same game?.. like 3 pikimons?.. I already burnt mine today on one I had no idea it was one code a day now. will it take off 10% for each game in your cart or just pick one game?. thanks.[/QUOTE]
It isn't one code a day.

[quote name='Ndolger']Oh wow, just wow. After weeks of absolutle junk in my Goldbox, I get a whopping NINE games in it. Too bad I already used my *one* ECA code yesterday. :|

-Class of Heroes
-Black Sigil
-GOLDEN fuckING SUN DS
-Metroid M

DAMIT. Why does this keep happening? :([/QUOTE]

We must be related somehow. Aside from Black Sigil and Class of Heroes(both of which I already own :p) I got the other 7 of those games in my Gold Box since Friday.

I understand this code thing with Amazon is unique for the ECA as they don't have many promotions like it, and I'm pretty patient that they'll get the system resolved, but it is quite annoying.

Really I could see this being solved easily for me in one simple way: Amazon allows coupons to be applied to open orders. So many of my ECA codes are used on pre-ordering games in my Gold Box. If I could order Demon's Souls today for instance, and apply the 10% discount after the fact, there would be no problem. Then again, this is a problem I've had with Amazon for a while vis a vis placed orders and modification/addition abilities.

It isn't?.. then why am I unable to use a code right now after using one earlier today? "We're sorry, but the promotional code you entered cannot be applied to this purchase. Please refer to your promotional coupon for information about item or store restrictions."
Anyone know where the official code rules are or is it simply just one a day?.

[quote name='pjb16']It isn't one code a day.[/QUOTE]

You can use the ECA code only 1 time apparently, but now it'll work for multiple items. Just placed 7 different games in my cart and it took close to $60 off. Sadly only one of those was a gold box.

Gonna try making a new account and see how many games I can get into the gold box to stack with the ECA.

I don't expect these coupons to last much longer..

*edit forgot to mention I had canceled my old ECA order, which had 1 game discounted, and when adding it again with a bundle of games it still worked fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='arcadecup']It isn't?.. then why am I unable to use a code right now after using one earlier today? "We're sorry, but the promotional code you entered cannot be applied to this purchase. Please refer to your promotional coupon for information about item or store restrictions."
Anyone know where the official code rules are or is it simply just one a day?.[/QUOTE]
It isn't one code per day, because even after 1 day the codes don't work.

Glad I read this thread before buying today.

I went and added all the items in my goldbox as well as Pikman, since it seems (for now) that the ECA code is a one-time use. Since they are all preorders, I can always cancel the games later if I change my mind. At least this way, I'm getting my fee back.

PS3 Demon's Souls Deluxe Edition w/ Artbook
PS2 Mana Khemia 2: Fall of Alchemy
DS Sands of Destruction
Wii Metroid Prime Trilogy Collector's Edition
PSP Dissidia Final Fantasy

Passed on PSP Disgaea 2 : Dark Hero Days since I already got it for PS2

[quote name='Avryx']You can use the ECA code only 1 time apparently, but now it'll work for multiple items. Just placed 7 different games in my cart and it took close to $60 off. Sadly only one of those was a gold box.

Gonna try making a new account and see how many games I can get into the gold box to stack with the ECA.

I don't expect these coupons to last much longer..[/QUOTE]

Well, if that's the case and not just some glitch, the ECA really should have let everyone know. I ordered beatles rockband (game only) a few days ago and now my discount is gone. If I would have known I got one shot, I would have added a ton of games to my cart to preorder at least. The ECA has really screwed up a lot, and this is just the icing on the cake

[quote name='mhnajjar']When did EA release a stx game? ;)

Maybe I did not understand because it seems that what some people was just speculations and nothing solid :roll:

BTW, my nickname isn't a bunch of random letters :bomb: hahahha.

What is the deal? Would it hurt you to summarize it for busy people like me? :cool:[/QUOTE]

Okay, people after me have stated it, but to reiterate: the codes currently work once per Amazon account. You can't use a second code after you've used the first one. Hopefully it will be fixed next week.

My nickname is the word "East" followed by an X. It's pronounceable. Now, looking at your name, how would I say that? I thought maybe it was some initials put before a last name; it confuses me greatly.

Maybe since they made a point to label an end-of-month expiration date for all codes, they're gonna allow 1 code per account per month? Just a stab in the dark. And if that's the case, I still won't be very happy about it

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back