(FREE) ECA Membership, Amazon Codes are down for time being

Status
Not open for further replies.

emeraldgsl

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
Mods' edit:
No begging for codes. Beggars will be permabanned on the spot.

[img-l=5198]6006[/img-l]Get 10% off all your Amazon gaming purchases for a year and receive other special benefits by joining the ECA, a non-profit advocacy organization which is dedicated to defending and advancing the interests of gamers. Codes aren't available at the moment, unknown ETA when/if they'll be back.

icon4.gif
Join the ECA $14.99 (college students & military), others $19.99

(Free memberships available, see below.)

Complete list of discounts/benfits [hiddenlist]
Discounted games sales/rental offerings from:

• Amazon.com - download a code from the Benefits section to use at Amazon.com towards 10% off your games purchases. If you buy three or more games a year, this benefit alone makes being a member worth it.
  • Direct2Drive.com - download your code from the ECA's exclusive member benefits section to use at Direct2Drive.com towards 10% off your game purchases.Direct2Drive's easy and secure system lets you download full pc games, arcade games, anime, game guides, and comics from home instead of dealing with waiting time and inventory stock-outs. Check out thier site for the best way to buy!
  • GameFly - is offering ECA members a 30-day free trial to their video game rental service.
  • Good Old Games - a leading destination for download-to-own DRM-free classic PC games, is offering members 20% off of new game purchases.
  • Newegg/Patriot Gaming - get $10 off when you buy select memory sticks.
Discounted admission/access offerings from:

• NYComiCon - is offering members a discount on the price of admission.
  • Penny Arcade Expo (PAX) - members receive 10% off the price of admission to the Penny Arcade Expo in Seattle, Washington for pre-registrants.
  • TooManyGames - get $1 off entry to gaming community events.
  • VGXPO - America's Video Game Expo is offering 10% discounted admission.
Discounted/Free Trial offerings from:

• GameJobs - ECA members receive free resume uploads at GameJobs.com, the leading job board and career site serving the games business.
  • Hyatt Hotels - members receive a 5-10% discount on room rates at Hyatt Hotels throughout the US and Canada.
  • Prima Publishing - get 10% off of over 500 hint book and strategy guides.
  • Warcry - ECA members are invited to take advantage of a 30-day free trial membership in the Warcry Network's "Choice" program.
[/hiddenlist]

[quote name='dallascowboys']If you use the code GIMAG on theeca.com (found in an article of the new Crackdown GI issue), you can receive a free, full 1 year membership (I think it's only for new accounts). You do need a credit card to sign up, but if you cancel before the 1 year is up, you won't be charged. This is a great deal for the free amazon discount. Be sure to use the coupon soon, because the article doesn't mention the expiration for the coupon.

Enjoy guys!
dallascowboys

P.S. Now all of CAG can have an ECA membership!

Also, after you enter your CC number and the coupon, the page after lets you check everything before you submit your order. That way you know that the coupon worked and you won't be charged.

-----------------------

LinkinPrime Edit:

Check your spam filters for the confirmation link, if you signed up for the newsletter you will get 2 emails, one for the newsletter and one for the membership. For some reason the newsletter one showed up in my inbox and the membership was in my junk mail folder, so keep an eye out.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='slickkill77']You weren't kidding. Ok I found this on page 28. All credit goes to jacknicklson for the original faq (1-6).

ECA/Amazon FAQ

1. I can't get into the member's area/can't find out where to pay. Help!

After the initial registration email, you should receive a second email linking you to a payment page. You can request that this email be resent if need be. Make sure to check your junk/spam folders as well.

2. Will this work on consoles?

No. Games and most accessories only. Physical point cards are also eligible, but not digital point codes.

3. Do these work on Quick Picks/Deals of the Day/Trade-in Coupons?

Yes, Yes, and Yes!

4. How do I get my Quick Picks to show games?

http://betterelevation.com/2009/02/1...old-box-trick/
This should be a basis to get it to work for whatever you are interested in. It is not a science though so be persistent.

5. Does this work on Pre-orders?

Yes, it does. The price will also automatically take off 10% of whatever the final selling point is due to the Pre-Price Guarantee that Amazon offers.

6. I have heard that these offers have expired/been removed, is this true?

There have been a few instances where codes expired or they ran out but The ECA and Amazon have usually rectified the situation within a week or so. Also, the Terms of Service state that any membership benefits can change or be canceled without any notice so keep that in mind when signing up.

7. Double and Triple stacking

This is no longer possible. Don't bother trying. Originally when the ECA would run out of codes and switch to a new batch members were able to stack codes. A glitch in Amazon's system would keep older codes in your account, and it was possible to add codes from the newer batches to obtain more than 10% off. Amazon found out about this, hence the reason the codes are currently down/ being worked on.

8. Begging/Asking for codes

This is not allowed. If you beg/ask for a code you will be permabanned. No questions asked.

9. Selling codes

Definitely a big no no. If you do this, you will get reported to the ECA and your account will be shut down.

10. If I make a pre-order with a code a cancel it, will the code still work?

Yes. Codes should remain in your account but again they will no longer stack. It is one code per game. Amazon and the ECA are working on codes tied into our accounts but this option is not yet available.

11. If I already have a pre-order made, can I add a 10% off code to it?

You can not add a anything to an order once it is made except a gift card. You can try emailing Amazon customer support and ask them to add it. Generally they have no issue doing this for you but it's a crap shoot.

12. What if I already have a pre-order with the old codes applied? Should I be worried?

We don't know definitively, but chances are good that Amazon will not touch the pre orders we have already made.[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='3rdbass']@VWarrior Did you get the code on Sept 14th or earlier? I know Sept. 14th I signed up and the codes all started with "J" then. So if you got a code that day it should have been a "J" which would work. Though if you got it earlier it probably was a "L" code which had expired. Actually I reread your post and you said you got it on the 14th and used it then so that should have been a "J". Maybe I'm off a day as I might not have gotten a code until the 15th or so even though I got the membership on the 14th.[/QUOTE]

In that case, could I somehow see the code if I canceled the order?

[quote name='VWarrior']In that case, could I somehow see the code if I canceled the order?[/QUOTE]

Nope no way to see the code but you can take the chance and cancel the current order and then add the goldbox item to your order as the 10% discount a "J" code will appear automatically if that is what you used. If not then ofcourse you will know you didn't have a "J" code. Sounds like you might have had one if you got it and used it on Sept. 14th.

i gambled and canceled an order i placed on sept 18th and it worked. i managed to get infamous (ps3), red faction (360), and bowser's inside story (ds) for a total of $63 after using eca 10%, brutal legend $10, and uncharted $5.

[quote name='trent82']when were the J codes available?[/QUOTE]

I see you were able to get it done, but for others here's what I know.

When ECA went free (with the GIMAG code) they were still giving out 'L' codes. Within about 12 hours of that happening the 'L' codes went out of stock due to being hammered by all the new free members ;).

They came back a few days later as 'J' codes. What I'm not sure about is how long the 'J' codes lasted, but it was over a week in any case. Then they were out for a while again and came back as the '6' codes. So if you joined up right after it became free (but a day or two after) and made orders right away in all likelihood you used the 'J' code.

[quote name='VWarrior']Is there a way to uncover what code you used in the order history or something or did you guys just save your codes locally somewhere? I'm asking because the codes I used may have started with a "J" but I just don't remember.[/QUOTE]

If you save form data on your browser you can view the codes by going through the order process and double-clicking the promo code text box that YOU originally filled out weeks ago.

[quote name='geogerf']If you save form data on your browser you can view the codes by going through the order process and double-clicking the promo code text box that YOU originally filled out weeks ago.[/QUOTE]

This is true. If I just type in j, 6 or l into my promo box on amazon firefox brings up every code I ever entered into the site.

So, are the codes not generating right now? I had previously signed up, recieved one code, and there was some problem with my acct. So, I had to redo everything, and now, I can't find the codes in the benefits area.

thanks
JJ

Note: Apparently the price-adjustment wasn't correct that they quoted me on earlier, and when I wrote to complain, they took another $3 off, so now I'm getting me some Borderlands for $27 shipped! God I love Amazon.

You know what's more shocking to me than anything since the codes went down?

Not only the sheer amount of people who refuse to look at the OP, or to even read a few pages back before posting about "Where the codes went/can't find codes/wtf happened to codes" but the fact that a majority of these people are "Veterans or have been here for more than a year or two".

Seriously People...for the 6820th time..

THE OP IS YOUR FRIEND!!!

I think we should add to the op that codes that were sitting in your Amazon account are now invalid. I went to make a pre order today and my account was totally clear of all codes. Or so it appears this way.

Note: Non of my preorders have been affected though.

[quote name='fatpug']what happened to the eca codes?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='fatpug']Where are the codes? There is no link in ECA.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='fatpug']The eca site is not working. Where are the codes?[/QUOTE]
You're annoying as fuck

I have an order with 3 stacked coupons and none of the items in the order has shipped yet. Would I retain any of the stacked coupons if I canceled the order?

I'd suggest just removing any mention of the 10% off Amazon codes from the topic title until they come back up. That might stop at least 1 or 2 "guys I can't find the codes" posts per page...

[quote name='emeraldgsl']Mods' edit:
No begging for codes. Beggars will be permabanned on the spot.

[img-l=5198]6006[/img-l]Get 10% off all your Amazon gaming purchases for a year and receive other special benefits by joining the ECA, a non-profit advocacy organization which is dedicated to defending and advancing the interests of gamers.

icon4.gif
Join the ECA $14.99 (college students & military), others $19.99

(Free memberships available, see below.)

Complete list of discounts/benfits [hiddenlist]
Discounted games sales/rental offerings from:

• Amazon.com - download a code from the Benefits section to use at Amazon.com towards 10% off your games purchases. If you buy three or more games a year, this benefit alone makes being a member worth it.
  • Direct2Drive.com - download your code from the ECA's exclusive member benefits section to use at Direct2Drive.com towards 10% off your game purchases.Direct2Drive's easy and secure system lets you download full pc games, arcade games, anime, game guides, and comics from home instead of dealing with waiting time and inventory stock-outs. Check out thier site for the best way to buy!
  • GameFly - is offering ECA members a 30-day free trial to their video game rental service.
  • Good Old Games - a leading destination for download-to-own DRM-free classic PC games, is offering members 20% off of new game purchases.
  • Newegg/Patriot Gaming - get $10 off when you buy select memory sticks.
Discounted admission/access offerings from:

• NYComiCon - is offering members a discount on the price of admission.
  • Penny Arcade Expo (PAX) - members receive 10% off the price of admission to the Penny Arcade Expo in Seattle, Washington for pre-registrants.
  • TooManyGames - get $1 off entry to gaming community events.
  • VGXPO - America's Video Game Expo is offering 10% discounted admission.
Discounted/Free Trial offerings from:

• GameJobs - ECA members receive free resume uploads at GameJobs.com, the leading job board and career site serving the games business.
  • Hyatt Hotels - members receive a 5-10% discount on room rates at Hyatt Hotels throughout the US and Canada.
  • Prima Publishing - get 10% off of over 500 hint book and strategy guides.
  • Warcry - ECA members are invited to take advantage of a 30-day free trial membership in the Warcry Network's "Choice" program.
[/hiddenlist][/QUOTE]

Apparently I missed it, can you point it out?

We could just make it a requirement for our signatures.

ECA AMAZON CODES ARE DOWN RIGHT NOW

[quote name='ziutek']I have an order with 3 stacked coupons and none of the items in the order has shipped yet. Would I retain any of the stacked coupons if I canceled the order?[/QUOTE]

youll probably retain one of them...so in other words, only cancel items you know you dont want anymore

[quote name='ziutek']I have an order with 3 stacked coupons and none of the items in the order has shipped yet. Would I retain any of the stacked coupons if I canceled the order?[/QUOTE]

the best thing to do is call amazon. Give them the order number and have them add some perorder you definitely want (add other items you definitely want as well). This should keep your stack intact. You can verify after you hang up by chwcking amazon.com order status. If all looks good, cancel the unwanted item.

PS don't mention or otherwise draw attention to the stack and you should be golden!

[quote name='wynams']the best thing to do is call amazon. Give them the order number and have them add some perorder you definitely want (add other items you definitely want as well). This should keep your stack intact. You can verify after you hang up by chwcking amazon.com order status. If all looks good, cancel the unwanted item.

PS don't mention or otherwise draw attention to the stack and you should be golden![/QUOTE]

Cool, thanks for the tip. Before the triple stacking died, I had made an order of just one item that wouldn't ship for like 1.5 years just in the off-chance that I might be able to add other items to the order later. Good thing to know that this actually works.

[quote name='wynams']the best thing to do is call amazon. Give them the order number and have them add some perorder you definitely want (add other items you definitely want as well). This should keep your stack intact. You can verify after you hang up by chwcking amazon.com order status. If all looks good, cancel the unwanted item.

PS don't mention or otherwise draw attention to the stack and you should be golden![/QUOTE]
Anyone know if this would work with the B2G1 deal Amazon is currently running? If I call Customer Support and have them add 3 games that qualify for B2G1 to an existing pre-order that has the ECA discount applied, will the ECA discount be applied to the 3 new games and the price of the free game taken off?

[quote name='slowdive21']The 10% off disappeared from the thread title...Does anyone know when it will come back? :razz:[/QUOTE]
Look two posts above yours (hint: read the OP)

Why are people so damn lazy?

[quote name='no_exit']Look two posts above yours (hint: read the OP)

Why are people so damn lazy?[/QUOTE]

the smiley gives away that it was sarcasm

[quote name='Gamer SDP']so all the codes that were generated (but not applied to an order) prior to Amazon contacting ECA will no longer work?[/QUOTE]

Give me 5 minutes and I'll go test it ;) I have one from the day before they took em down I had grabbed to order a few things and never ended up using.

[quote name='AllahBomber']all unused codes have been expired. im not sure about codes stored from a canceled order.[/QUOTE]

I just added a "J" code and it worked fine. I even entered it into my GF's Amazon account to make sure it wasn't just a previously redeemed code giving the discount.

I'm completely out of codes, but I do have $45 in credits/gift cards I should spend on something, don't know what yet. No More Heroes 2 is in my Gold Box for $44.64 though, I could pre-order that.

[quote name='AllahBomber']all unused codes have been expired. im not sure about codes stored from a canceled order.[/QUOTE]

I just canceled a previous order with the "L" batch of codes and no discount.

It is kind of insane that its taken them this long to get the codes back up. I feel bad for all those people out there that actually paid for membership and had it ruined by cheapasses who abused it after it became free.

[quote name='MSI Magus']It is kind of insane that its taken them this long to get the codes back up. I feel bad for all those people out there that actually paid for membership and had it ruined by cheapasses who abused it after it became free.[/QUOTE]

My boat. I've used the codes maybe three times since paying for membership (without stacking codes) so thankfully I made my $15 back, but all the downtime is stopping me from pouring mroe money into Amazon.

They must know they're losing a ton of business every hour we have to wait on those codes...

I've paid my full $20 for mine.

But I had actually gained back that money before ECA had issues with their first outage.

And now I saved so much that I don't care...

Plus I did have a FREE contest before they went free to give away an ECA membership.

Ugh... I was thinking doing the B2G1F because the code took it off full price (even the free one). But so much for that..:whistle2:x

This is actually kinda ridiculous now... I've defended them before and I've more than saved enough money to make up what I paid for the service but, I get the feeling Amazon is holding back on these codes for until after the B2G1F sale is over.

Been a member since April and have easily gotten my $20 back 10 fold

And you really can't blame Amazon for holding off on the codes until this sale is over, just glad that some older batches still work

Weirdly, I'm getting 10% off now most game stuff, since last night. I have no idea why, or if it'll work for a second order.

So I'll be buying some stuff I've been holding out weeks for, but Amazon has lost hundreds in sales from the past week...

EDIT: I mean just from me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back