Free Episode Of Back to the Future the Game PC/MAC

Raider

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Get the first of five episodes for free of the Back to the Future game from Telltale Games. http://www.telltalegames.com/bttfoffer then enter code: 121GIGAWATTS Episode 1 will come out sometime in Dec. PC/MAC Only

Also they have a pretty good deal if you pre-order the whole Back to the Future series you get Puzzle Agent ($9.95 value) for free all for $24.95 http://www.telltalegames.com/bttf

I'm excited for this game because I love the movies! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='lllGurulll']I'm confused. the OP states 5 free episodes but the website indicates it will be only one.[/QUOTE]

You fail at reading comprehension.

[quote name='lllGurulll']I'm confused. the OP states 5 free episodes but the website indicates it will be only one.[/QUOTE]

This is what the OP stated: "Get the first of five episodes for free of the Back to the Future game from Telltale Games"

You probably read quickly and just missed the first :) hope that helps.

[quote name='brentaw']You fail at reading comprehension.[/QUOTE]
Gotta love the internet bully.
[quote name='D4rkewolfe']This is what the OP stated: "Get the first of five episodes for free of the Back to the Future game from Telltale Games"

You probably read quickly and just missed the first :) hope that helps.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for pointing it out. You are correct. I just wasn't paying full attention when I read it obviously.

[quote name='spmahn']Does the site require you to register and input your payment info just for the free download[/QUOTE]

You have to register but you don't have to enter any payment information.

[quote name='lllGurulll']Thanks for pointing it out. You are correct. I just wasn't paying full attention when I read it obviously.[/QUOTE]

No problem. I tend to do the same, once I read free, anything after that sometimes gets missed.

[quote name='spmahn']Ok thanks, I purchased this, but where do I download it?[/QUOTE]

Go to your telltale account. Under your purchases you should see it. Now remember, none of the episodes are out. Think of it as a free pre-order. Once it is out, next to it you will see a PC download button you can click. Not sure on the date, but I'm positive it is in this thread. I believe it to be early to mid November.

Edit: OP states it is supposed to be out in December

Just got an update from Telltale, seems the "free episode" won't be offered until FEBRUARY:

newsletterflag_extra.gif
newsletter_doublehr.gif
bttf_capsule_lg.jpg

You're receiving this email because you registered to receive the free episode of Back to the Future: The Game for PC/Mac.

UPDATE: Your FREE episode will be available for download in February, just in time for the series' second episode.

Thank you for registering to receive your episode. Your free episode -- Episode 1: It's About Time -- will be available in February. We will notify you when it is ready for download.

ep1.jpg

Episode 1 of 5

Back to the Future full season purchasers can play the first episode beginning on Wednesday, December 22 (Pacific Time).

There's still time to take advantage of the pre-order offer for the full season before the game launches!

Get all five episodes for $24.95 (less than $5 per episode) and a free bonus game with purchase (the critically acclaimed Puzzle Agent). Telltale also donates $1 to the Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research with each order.

Get the Full 5 Episode Season Now For Only $24.95.

Your Friends in Time,
Telltale Games

thanks OP, thought this was dead.

will probably purchase the whole season once it's on PS3 next year. i gotta have them trophs.

They finally released the 2nd episode which means the first episode is free for those who did this!

Go to Telltell's website and look under your game account and it should be there for you to download. Use your account name and password from Telltell's website to gain access into the game.

Thanks for reviving - for those interested, the code is still good for the first episode (I previously didn't register for it, but it worked).

[quote name='sandman8288']I downloaded the Mac version, and when I click play nothing happens...[/QUOTE]

....same thing here.....

thanks for the reminder though.

wow thanks for this, now I can give it a try before I decide to spring for the whole 5 episode set.

[quote name='sandman8288']I downloaded the Mac version, and when I click play nothing happens...[/QUOTE]

[quote name='mkernan']....same thing here.....

thanks for the reminder though.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Ilikecoldbeverages']Yeah I can't launch the game on my mac either[/QUOTE]

I found a fix on the Telltale forums. Rename the application, removing all the spaces. I renamed mine to 'BackToTheFuture101' and now it works properly. Pretty f'ing silly bug. OP - you might want to mention this in the OP for us Mac users.

I'd love it it could be installed on Steam... But more than likely, I'll eventually get it through Steam...when it's $9.99 or less for the full season. ;)

Reminds me of the old shareware days where the first episode would always be for free, but the rest... well, you gotta pay!

Thank you very much for posting this. I heard about and forgot about this game a long time ago. Just heard episode 2 was released and this gives me great incentive to buy the season. I love the Back To The Future movies and being able to control the destiny from within one, is awesome. I played a little today and thought it was incredible that lines from the movie were used in creating the branches and me remembering them, was even cooler. This brings back great memories of games like Monkey Island and the such, but within the Back To The Future universe. Being able to go back and relive the movies from within a game, is a dream come true.

Thanks again!

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Anyone check if it can be installed via Steam?[/QUOTE]

Just tried it, didn't work for me.

[quote name='Ogami Itto']lol, I can download the pirated version in less than 4 minutes but the legit version is taking 4 hours, what a joke.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, man, what a joke that a company of maybe 50 people giving out a free game can't dish the file off their server faster than bittorrent, which is designed to get faster as more people use it.

(In case you can't tell, that was sarcasm.)

[quote name='Vegan']Yeah, man, what a joke that a company of maybe 50 people giving out a free game can't dish the file off their server faster than bittorrent, which is designed to get faster as more people use it.

(In case you can't tell, that was sarcasm.)[/QUOTE]

Well, here is an idea for this company USE fuckING BITTORENT! BTW I didn't use Bittorent to dl this, I used Hotfile.

[quote name='Ogami Itto']Well, here is an idea for this company USE fuckING BITTORENT! BTW I didn't use Bittorent to dl this, I used Hotfile.[/QUOTE]really?!?:roll: Bypass their own website where they get users to register to receive the game and put it on bittorent instead?

:dunce:no comment....

[quote name='shadowkast']really?!?:roll: Bypass their own website where they get users to register to receive the game and put it on bittorent instead?

:dunce:no comment....[/QUOTE]

I can't tell if you're being serious or not. Bittorrent is just the way the files would be distributed. You'd still need to be registered to play it. They wouldn't include a crack.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='UnrealZero']I rather have a physical copy of this to put next to the movies.[/QUOTE]

They do physical copies, but they require you to sign in to your account each time you start the game. So it really offers no advantage over the digital versions.

everytime i click 'buy now' it add all 5 episodes. doesn't seem to be an option to only add ep1 and get it for free. looks like the deal is dead unless someone can plz tell me what im missing here.

I can't get it to run on an old laptop. Looks like I got some driver updates and directx stuff and other work to do. This is why I stick with console games. :) I deal with software development all day, but I don't want to mess with it when I get home. Just let me hold the controller and start playing!

[quote name='sethvega']everytime i click 'buy now' it add all 5 episodes. doesn't seem to be an option to only add ep1 and get it for free. looks like the deal is dead unless someone can plz tell me what im missing here.[/QUOTE]

go to www.telltalegames.com/bttfoffer

Link is on that page.

[quote name='UnrealZero']I don't see where it shows physical copy.[/QUOTE]

It'll be released 6 months or so after the complete series is done. This is how they do it for all of their games. You buy the season, play them digitally as they're released, then you're entitled to a free copy of the DVD (which also comes with audio commentary, behind the scenes features, developer's journals, concept art, etc).

The game still costs too much and it is as much a blight to Back to the Future series as Back to the Future Part 3. Too bad we never have and never will get a good BttF game.

If only a talented developer worked on it instead of Telltale.

Definitely not happy with needing to be online to play it. Still waiting for them to send me the unlock code. Why the hell do companies do this crap.

bread's done
Back