FREE for XBL GOLD Members: Mercenaries 2: Blow it Up Again (4 extra missions)

Yea it is over in the Xbox 360 community part of the forum in one the threads, but I'm not sure many people would have found it posted all they way over there.

[quote name='jp0213']I just assumed this was free for everyone and Gold Members just got it early.[/QUOTE]

PS3 owner here: I would certainly hope that is the case, as it is free for everyone on Playstation Network.

[quote name='SDC']PS3 owner here: I would certainly hope that is the case, as it is free for everyone on Playstation Network.[/QUOTE]

Ugh...I am seriously sick of being treated like a second class citizen on Xbox. Every other thing I try to do anymore gives me an error or tells me to upgrade to gold.

[quote name='sgaldis']Time to pony up that $50, says Microsoft.....[/quote]

Little less than $40 on-line, and 13 months. It's really not a big deal for me, I spend more than that a month on my internet connection.

FWIW they do a really nice job and I can see where the money is going, it's not like they charge you and then you go through hell trying to do things. They allowed netflix on the latest update which has been nice for me, no more pluggin in the laptop and keeping the kid away from it to watch movies/tv shows.

[quote name='Jauron']Little less than $40 on-line, and 13 months. It's really not a big deal for me, I spend more than that a month on my internet connection.

FWIW they do a really nice job and I can see where the money is going, it's not like they charge you and then you go through hell trying to do things. They allowed netflix on the latest update which has been nice for me, no more pluggin in the laptop and keeping the kid away from it to watch movies/tv shows.[/QUOTE]

It's not a terrible deal if you love online games, but it is if you don't. And that Netflix thing...I mean there's no justification for that. It's not like it's using Microsoft's bandwidth even.

[quote name='Wolfpup']Ugh...I am seriously sick of being treated like a second class citizen on Xbox. Every other thing I try to do anymore gives me an error or tells me to upgrade to gold.[/quote]

Because silver membership is second class citizen on LIVE. You have a 360 but don't pay for LIVE Gold? You are missing 50% of the fun. Mine as well sell it and get a PS3. About the $50 per yr price, if you are a true CAG, slickdealer, fatwalleter, or whatever, you can easily find it for around $30 from time to time. Just stock up 1 or 2 cards when the deals come and you are set. I've been a Live member since the original Xbox and have yet to pay more than $32 per year on Live subscription. That like $2.50 a month. Most people lose more change in their cars each month.

Below is a link for you to get 48 hrs first class citizen on LIVE so that you can at least download this free update and some other stuff you've been wanting. But seriously, look for these deals on CAG and you'll never pay retail on anything game related. You should know this already. You've been here 4 years more than me. ;)
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=207203

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='sunnysky']Let's not start another "whose got the better online feature" war.[/quote]

If you delete your post, maybe no one will start it. ;)

[quote name='thepik241']Is this the pack which has Sarah Palin and Obama as playable characters?[/quote]

No, but whatever happened to that. I would like to run around as Obama.

[quote name='MPoWeRM3']Because silver membership is second class citizen on LIVE. You have a 360 but don't pay for LIVE Gold? You are missing 50% of the fun.[/quote]

No, I'm really not. I'm just annoyed every time I bother clicking on something and reading about it and then find out (sometimes without even a clear error message) that I'm not special enough to get to use it. It just feels slimy. I can't justify $50 (or $40, or whatever) for Gold.

Mine as well sell it and get a PS3.

Picked one up this summer.

And thanks for the link though! It probably wouldn't bother me as much if the segregated out all the Gold stuff-had it on it's own section of the interface, or something.

[quote name='NJMane']No, but whatever happened to that. I would like to run around as Obama.[/quote]

Um, yeah it is. You can play as Obama and Palin, but only in the 4 new timed "missions". Just like the new vehicles can only be played in the new content. Kind of a let down really. Vehicles and character models can only be used in the new content.

[quote name='Wolfpup']No, I'm really not. I'm just annoyed every time I bother clicking on something and reading about it and then find out (sometimes without even a clear error message) that I'm not special enough to get to use it. It just feels slimy. I can't justify $50 (or $40, or whatever) for Gold.
[/quote]

Really? For a while the 13 month cards were going for $36 on amazon, which is less than $3 a month. You get one and forget about it for an entire year. If you can't pony up that much, you must be here looking for free handouts.

[quote name='Destromas']Really? For a while the 13 month cards were going for $36 on amazon, which is less than $3 a month. You get one and forget about it for an entire year. If you can't pony up that much, you must be here looking for free handouts.[/QUOTE]

No, it just makes no sense. I pay them that...for what? I get nothing out of it. I don't want to have to pay them to avoid being treated like a second class citizen. I mean that's the price of several games, or several months of Netflix of Gamefly or whatever. I can't justify that.

[quote name='Wolfpup']No, it just makes no sense. I pay them that...for what? I get nothing out of it. I don't want to have to pay them to avoid being treated like a second class citizen. I mean that's the price of several games, or several months of Netflix of Gamefly or whatever. I can't justify that.[/quote]
Beggars cant be choosers. Vote with your dollar (if you had one because apparently you cant fork over the ducats for the price of a cup of starbux coffee). You knew the deal when you bought it for 360 that you would be nickled and dimed. Seriously, stop whining, get a 48hr code and download the damn thing or quit your whining and get the PS3 version.

It burns me that people complain about getting some FOR FREE. I PAY for a SERVICE. You do NOT. Stop whining.:bomb:

/rant

[quote name='CappyCobra']Beggars cant be choosers. Vote with your dollar (if you had one because apparently you cant fork over the ducats for the price of a cup of starbux coffee). You knew the deal when you bought it for 360 that you would be nickled and dimed. Seriously, stop whining, get a 48hr code and download the damn thing or quit your whining and get the PS3 version.[/quote]

Actually no, I didn't know they were going to do all this, and they didn't use to. It's getting worse and worse, and they keep shoving it in your face now.

I've got every right to complain, and geez, YOU should complain even about having to pay for the online portion, as it's free everywhere else. But that's not what I'm complaining about-I'm just complaining about the cheezy way they shove it in your face, or even just give random unidentified errors for things that have nothing to do with playing online.

[quote name='Wolfpup']Actually no, I didn't know they were going to do all this, and they didn't use to. It's getting worse and worse, and they keep shoving it in your face now.

I've got every right to complain, and geez, YOU should complain even about having to pay for the online portion, as it's free everywhere else. But that's not what I'm complaining about-I'm just complaining about the cheezy way they shove it in your face, or even just give random unidentified errors for things that have nothing to do with playing online.[/quote]

To be fair to Microsoft, the internet enabled marketplace is still fairly new and it is not without fault (I remember there being a run on gold lancers for GOW2 for people who weren't legit). Considering the number of changes made of late with the NXE, Netflix, and the online marketplace, the November launch was pretty smooth compared to previous rollouts.

You cant say you didn't expect to be denied free stuff. It shouldn't be expected. You don't pay for squat so why should you get any perks? MS offers a slicker presentation & overall superior service which is why it is a PAID for service. PSN is still a work in progress in contrast to XBL offerings.

Also they don't Shove it in your face, it SAY "Gold Exclusive Offer" right on the page.
263ht3m.jpg

I'm GLAD I PAY for a SERVICE, because it gives people pause before they act like a douchebag and lose their $50 for the year by getting banned.

Oh and thank you OP for listing this. Much appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks OP for listing this. If it wasn't for you I would have never found out about this!

Also, Xbox Live is worth every damn penny. I'll just leave it at that.

[quote name='Puerto Rican HoBo']Thanks OP for listing this. If it wasn't for you I would have never found out about this!

Also, Xbox Live is worth every damn penny. I'll just leave it at that.[/QUOTE]

No, it is most certainly not if you don't care about online. not everyone wants the same things from games...

[quote name='Wolfpup']No, it is most certainly not if you don't care about online. not everyone wants the same things from games...[/QUOTE]

Dude, I think we already know your opinion from your previous 345 posts. Can you please silence yourself for a bit? Stop raining on everyones parade.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Dude, I think we already know your opinion from your previous 345 posts. Can you please silence yourself for a bit? Stop raining on everyones parade.[/QUOTE]

Maybe if thousands of people quit insulting everyone who prefers offline games.

bread's done
Back