Free full 1 year eca membership no purchase needed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dallascowboys

CAGiversary!
Feedback
20 (100%)
If you use the code GIMAG on theeca.com (found in an article of the new Crackdown GI issue), you can receive a free, full 1 year membership (I think it's only for new accounts). You do need a credit card to sign up, but if you cancel before the 1 year is up, you won't be charged. This is a great deal for the free amazon discount. Be sure to use the coupon soon, because the article doesn't mention the expiration for the coupon.

Enjoy guys!
dallascowboys

P.S. Now all of CAG can have an ECA membership!

Also, after you enter your CC number and the coupon, the page after lets you check everything before you submit your order. That way you know that the coupon worked and you won't be charged.

-----------------------

LinkinPrime Edit:

Check your spam filters for the confirmation link, if you signed up for the newsletter you will get 2 emails, one for the newsletter and one for the membership. For some reason the newsletter one showed up in my inbox and the membership was in my junk mail folder, so keep an eye out.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='slidecage']NO 1 knows.. they used to but now with millions of free accounts who knows...

funny thing i looked at my old account and says i signed up

july 27 2009 but says i been a member for 15 weeks... it hasnt been 15 weeks since july 27[/QUOTE]

In no way is there or will be millions of free accounts.

[quote name='zeldaking']Still not on the front page????[/QUOTE]

It is front page on Slickdeals.

My account expires in December, so my girlfriend's signing up for this for the next year. :cool:

Got the confirmation email to a Yahoo account is less than 15 seconds after registration.

Has anyone else gotten the thing from Internet Explorer about the site having a mismatched security certificate (or something like that)? I clicked the link straight from the e-mail to http://theeca.com/user/validate/(bunchofnumbers) and that's what I got. Now I'm hesistant. Any thoughts?

There is a problem with this website's security certificate.

The security certificate presented by this website was issued for a different website's address.
Security certificate problems may indicate an attempt to fool you or intercept any data you send to the server.

amazonconspiracy.jpg

So I've been reading through this thread and see a lot of people worried about Amazon pulling the 10% off discount for ECA members so I thought I'd do some digging. All these people getting codes for discounts and they get the things they buy but these codes don't have any return address! I'm going back and forth with ECA trying to figure out where all these codes are comin' from but they just keep tellin' me Amazon, amazon, AMAZON! So I go to amazon.com and you know what?! IT DOESN'T EXIST! There is no Amazon.com!

These people are getting their games from some dark corporation that fronts itself as an online shop! So I think, I gotta dig deeper. I gotta go to ECA. I gotta figure this all out and gets me to the bottom of this. So I go up to their head building and I'm knockin' on the door.

ECA! ECAAAAAAA you got plenty a codes comin' in where ya gettin' all these codes?! The door swings open and it's an empty building! Not a single desk in there! ECA DOES NOT EXIST!

So, so, so I gotta ask you guys?! Where are all these games comin' from?!

in all seriousness though, I only signed up because it was free. I almost always buy used so I never saw a reason to buy this service. But as long as these codes last this should be nice.

Thanks TC, you kick ass!

I was looking to finally become a member after thinking about it for a while...glad I waited! :) I buy too many games from Amazon...ECA discounts are going to help a lot.

Thanks OP. I had debated joining earlier but I just don't buy enough games to make it worthwhile, and 90% of what I buy is when games hit the $20 mark.

To address a few things:

1. Codes are limited. ECA has run out before and the last time they did it took nearly a week to replenish. It was a poor decision to go live with this before they had locked down the fabled multi-use codes that are account specific. This is why paying members who know better have resorted to hoarding, which only worsens the problem.

2. Free + unchecked = abuse. ECA has had problems with abusive members selling codes in the past. Now that accounts are free and as easy to create as making a new, fake e-mail address -- this will become a nightmare. In fact, people could sell full accounts to anyone who is none the wiser. There's no way they can moderate this and ban accounts quickly enough because there's no risk involved with making another free account. Giving full benefits away was a very stupid move.

3. A lot of you keep asking about how to work your gold box -- try working that search function! Alternatively, you can just read the FAQ in my sig. You won't regret it! ;)

[quote name='gryphter']just signed up. the amazon deal says the codes are only good til 9/30, you guys think they'll renew the deal?[/QUOTE]
That is a great question. Anyone want to place bets?

[quote name='gryphter']just signed up. the amazon deal says the codes are only good til 9/30, you guys think they'll renew the deal?[/QUOTE]

Not after the ECA making it free, which Amazon probably didn't know they planned to do.

[quote name='bballsports']What have you guys been using your code on?

I'm thinking of using it on MW2 or a G25/G27 Wheel.[/QUOTE]

I was gonna use it on an g25 myself but its software only i think.

[quote name='kearns710']Damn went from 1 page to 20 overnight...as for the business side of this I will keep my mouth shut since everyone hates the business explainations from everyone. I think I am one of the few who actually has a degree in BA[/QUOTE]

I'm curious to hear a business explanation.

The problem with my quick picks is that are completely fucked up. Although I spend a large amount of money on games from Amazon, my brother and I have spent nearly a grand on school books. So instead of displaying games, it displays books like King Lear and Catch 22.

Might as well place a few Amazon pre-orders just in case these codes get canceled or not renewed. I suspect that there will be better deals on some of the mid to late Novemeber releases on BF if I wait the extra week or two but I can always cancel the Amazon orders.

Wow, just signed up. Thanks OP! I've been wanting to get it for a long time, and I was even going to buy it this week.

Thanks, OP. I'm guessing the ECA's membership numbers are going to skyrocket here in the next couple of weeks.

Odd that GI magazine is essentially giving away 10% off Amazon games. Oh, well!

Ray

Thanks OP! Not knowing the benefits of ECA membership months ago I declined a free membership with my PAX registration. I've been kicking myself ever since, but no more!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back