Free full 1 year eca membership no purchase needed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dallascowboys

CAGiversary!
Feedback
20 (100%)
If you use the code GIMAG on theeca.com (found in an article of the new Crackdown GI issue), you can receive a free, full 1 year membership (I think it's only for new accounts). You do need a credit card to sign up, but if you cancel before the 1 year is up, you won't be charged. This is a great deal for the free amazon discount. Be sure to use the coupon soon, because the article doesn't mention the expiration for the coupon.

Enjoy guys!
dallascowboys

P.S. Now all of CAG can have an ECA membership!

Also, after you enter your CC number and the coupon, the page after lets you check everything before you submit your order. That way you know that the coupon worked and you won't be charged.

-----------------------

LinkinPrime Edit:

Check your spam filters for the confirmation link, if you signed up for the newsletter you will get 2 emails, one for the newsletter and one for the membership. For some reason the newsletter one showed up in my inbox and the membership was in my junk mail folder, so keep an eye out.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']The people who actually paid were the ones hoarding the codes long before the GI code for free membership even came along. Let's stop dividing everything along the lines of who paid and who didn't.[/QUOTE]

Has anyone else been generating their one-a-day codes and saving them to Word/Notepad so they will have multiples in the event more than one game shows up in their quick picks? If not, that's probably a good idea.

I just went ahead and entered about 5 extras I had left over after reading someone confirmed the J codes are stacking with the new codes.

Like today , I'm glad I had extras because Zelda - Spirit Tracks showed up in my quick picks for 18% off. I wanted to buy two of them since I collect Factory Sealed Zelda games.

[quote name='Muthafodder']Has anyone else been generating their one-a-day codes and saving them to Word/Notepad so they will have multiples in the event more than one game shows up in their quick picks? If not, that's probably a good idea.

I just went ahead and entered about 5 extras I had left over after reading someone confirmed the J codes are stacking with the new codes.

Like today , I'm glad I had extras because Zelda - Spirit Tracks showed up in my quick picks for 18% off. I wanted to buy two of them since I collect Factory Sealed Zelda games.[/QUOTE]

You don't need to do that. You can add all your quick picks into your cart, and the eca codes work on the entire order.

[quote name='doodofdoods']You don't need to do that. You can add all your quick picks into your cart, and the eca codes work on the entire order.[/QUOTE]

No you can't...multiple copies of the SAME quick pick in the SAME cart will revert one to the regular sale price.

I wouldn't have mentioned it if I hadn't tried it.

EDIT - And if older codes will continue to stack with newer codes now and in the future, it would be almost foolish to not take advantage of stacking the codes.

Essentially you could get a code a day while going ahead and entering it into Amazon. After those expire and since they are already redeemed, while not yet applied to an order, any codes from a new batch/period you enter will in turn stack apparently when you do order something...should be perpetual...someone confirmed stacking three different batches of codes.

[quote name='Vortextk']Or you guys could just, you know, CANCEL the auto renewal. Takes a few clicks.[/QUOTE]

Is there any way to manually renew when your subscription expires? (I've cancelled the renewing, but I would like to continue membership - I just dislike auto-renewal)

Thanks.

I would imagine they aren't going to cancel you for life, should be simple. Someone just renewed using the free yearly code since their year was about up, I'm sure payment would be an option instead at that time.

Is anybody else having problems getting a new code? I know they generate a new one each day, but the last few days, the same number keeps popping up. What up with that?

[quote name='dchrisd']Is anybody else having problems getting a new code? I know they generate a new one each day, but the last few days, the same number keeps popping up. What up with that?[/QUOTE]

Delete your cookies and your browsing history in your browser and then try.

Used the first code I got a couple weeks ago on Wii Fit Plus. Got it for $17.54, which was awesome. Generated new code. I can't believe they gave ECA out for free.

Just wanted to post that I signed up today October 4th the code GIMAG was still usable. So use it while you can.

didn't even know this existed until now. i've been ordering so many games from amazon and have been missing out. just canceled my demon's soul deluxe game and reordering it with coupon code. will do that with my uncharted 2 games tomorrow. thanx a million man.

Finally, I start getting some good quick picks.

Got:
Uncharted 2 and saved $17.25
Katamari Forever and saved $14.75

I'll be picking up Uncharted 2 the day of release and be returning the one from Amazon.

Thanks OP. Signed up. I've been buying more and more of my games from Amazon anyway as of late....so an extra 10% off is awesome. :)

EDIT:

How to you actually go about using the ECA on Amazon though? All I have from this site is a username/pass and order #.

[quote name='Import']Thanks OP. Signed up. I've been buying more and more of my games from Amazon anyway as of late....so an extra 10% off is awesome. :)

EDIT:

How to you actually go about using the ECA on Amazon though? All I have from this site is a username/pass and order #.[/QUOTE]

Go to the member benefits section

Thanks OP! I just pre-ordered Uncharted 2 for $51.29 now. However, can someone help me out on how to cancel the auto renewal? I can't seem to find the option.

Cool. I used the Amazon code and it worked. But does anyone know how to cancel auto-renewal? Is there even an option because I can't seem to find it. I don't want them to charge me a year later because I've forgotten about my membership expiration date.

[quote name='kcp12']Cool. I used the Amazon code and it worked. But does anyone know how to cancel auto-renewal? Is there even an option because I can't seem to find it. I don't want them to charge me a year later because I've forgotten about my membership expiration date.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, just click on your username on the left and it takes you to your account info. then click on the 'view' tab and cancel the recurring order.

Any issues (legality?) with submitting a fake Card # for the purchase? The balance is obv. $0, and it may not pass the verification anyways- but the bum https:// Certification on the site makes me nervous.

Anyways, I'm fairly green with online purchases- but I do tech for a living and while the bad certificate probably just means they have a lazy network tech, it could also be a problem for interception. Any ideas on whether the fake card # submission would pass a check and/or be illegal in any way?

[quote name='Katiklysm']Any issues (legality?) with submitting a fake Card # for the purchase? The balance is obv. $0, and it may not pass the verification anyways- but the bum https:// Certification on the site makes me nervous.

Anyways, I'm fairly green with online purchases- but I do tech for a living and while the bad certificate probably just means they have a lazy network tech, it could also be a problem for interception. Any ideas on whether the fake card # submission would pass a check and/or be illegal in any way?[/QUOTE]

All credit cards are verified or denied based on an algorithm. You can generate CC#s but most likely even if it passes an algorithm it wont pass the other validations. Just don't be such a lame ass and put in your CC#. Or if you're that concerned, have PayPal generate a temporary CC#.

And yes, giving a false CC# or a number thats not yours is very illegal.

[quote name='cooljammer00']How do you stack codes? I just have the one.[/QUOTE]

There are 3 code types.
Some begin with L(new), some J(newer) and others #(newest).

To stack, simply apply a code that does not start the same as the one(s) already applied.

Yes, they did expire. However if you had it tied to your account already (placed an order + canceled the order) it will still sit on your account and it ignored the expiration.

[quote name='snives']Yes, they did expire. However if you had it tied to your account already (placed an order + canceled the order) it will still sit on your account and it ignored the expiration.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for answering his question. Looks like I'm going to buy some games tomorrow.

[quote name='snives']Yes, they did expire. However if you had it tied to your account already (placed an order + canceled the order) it will still sit on your account and it ignored the expiration.[/QUOTE]

Oh that sucks.. :(
I was going to sign up tonight, I guess I will wait until someone posts a new batch of promo codes.

[quote name='Sinistar']Oh that sucks.. :(
I was going to sign up tonight, I guess I will wait until someone posts a new batch of promo codes.[/QUOTE]

i think something got mistranslated somewhere... there are codes working right now (although you can only generate 1 every 24 hours)

what he meant was the old J codes expired on 9/30 (if anyone had them), which is only relevant to those who would want to stack codes.

How come I can't get an ECA code for amazon? :X
All the other sites have codes ready. I've used it two times before. Couple weeks ago...

Nvm, found it in the other ECA related thread. Gotta read like 8 pages to see what happened tho >.>a

May I ask how people are stacking codes? I have read pages back and what I have come to figure is something of the following.

There was a different system for giving out codes originally, and when they changed it the old codes stack with the new ones?

or

One generates a code one month, then like the next month they change the format of the codes and they stack together?

or am I way off. Someone care to explain?

[quote name='Nico0020']May I ask how people are stacking codes? I have read pages back and what I have come to figure is something of the following.

There was a different system for giving out codes originally, and when they changed it the old codes stack with the new ones?

or

One generates a code one month, then like the next month they change the format of the codes and they stack together?

or am I way off. Someone care to explain?[/QUOTE]

Quick explanation. Original ECA codes started with 'L'. One day, to everyone's surprise, they expired and ECA took about 5 days to fix it and Amazon gave out new code starting with 'J'. At the end of September I believe, someone discovered if you had an old L code in your account on an order and cancelled it, you could also apply another code to it since the codes stay on your account. Now with the new October patch of codes, 3x stacking was possible. This threw a red flag on Amazon who pulled the codes while they fix the stacking error. And yes, that is the quick version!

I just tried to create an account and it’s not working with any browser. After signing in I keep getting brought to “Please login to see this content”.

The sidebar even acknowledges that I’m signed in.

Anyone else experience this?

[quote name='Phalanx24']Thanks OP! I just pre-ordered Uncharted 2 for $51.29 now. However, can someone help me out on how to cancel the auto renewal? I can't seem to find the option.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Phalanx24']Yeah, just click on your username on the left and it takes you to your account info. then click on the 'view' tab and cancel the recurring order.[/QUOTE]

Are you sure that doesn't cancel your membership. I ask because it has the same order # and when I went to do it, it said "This action cannot be undone and may result in the termination of subscription services."

I just signed up for this free offer and it worked, and I got a year for free. However,I can't find where the amazon codes are because It doesn't show any! Any help?

[quote name='orbit18']I just signed up for this free offer and it worked, and I got a year for free. However,I can't find where the amazon codes are because It doesn't show any! Any help?[/QUOTE]

In the exact same boat. Need to pre-order brutal legend before next week and can't find the codes anywhere. Did they run out or something?

The codes are down right now due to an issue with people being able to stack codes up for super mega bonus savings. They took the codes down until they sort it out. They will be back up so try not to worry too much.

Hey. For some reason I cant switch my Uncharted 2 preorder to release date shipping even though its being offered now. Any way I can cancel and re-order the same game using the same coupon code? My main issue is I dont know what code I used for that order :whistle2:/ I signed up for Prime and it's only offering me two day shipping. I actually have tuesday and wednesday off from work so it'd be nice to have around is possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back