Free full 1 year eca membership no purchase needed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dallascowboys

CAGiversary!
Feedback
20 (100%)
If you use the code GIMAG on theeca.com (found in an article of the new Crackdown GI issue), you can receive a free, full 1 year membership (I think it's only for new accounts). You do need a credit card to sign up, but if you cancel before the 1 year is up, you won't be charged. This is a great deal for the free amazon discount. Be sure to use the coupon soon, because the article doesn't mention the expiration for the coupon.

Enjoy guys!
dallascowboys

P.S. Now all of CAG can have an ECA membership!

Also, after you enter your CC number and the coupon, the page after lets you check everything before you submit your order. That way you know that the coupon worked and you won't be charged.

-----------------------

LinkinPrime Edit:

Check your spam filters for the confirmation link, if you signed up for the newsletter you will get 2 emails, one for the newsletter and one for the membership. For some reason the newsletter one showed up in my inbox and the membership was in my junk mail folder, so keep an eye out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn the gamefly code has expired....i was just gonna go sign up today too....man...so when will they send another code out???

I read that the current batch of codes will expire on 9/30/09. But what I can't find is any details about whether this is the final batch or if there will be another batch of codes past 9/30? Any ideas? Thanks

so a little late to the game, but- how do i become i member.. I registered and logged in. I cant go to the members area and never put in a code.

[quote name='macontosh2000']Just signed up, thanks OP.

How do i turn the auto renewal off?[/QUOTE]

It's under 'My Account' somewhere. It appears as a renewal order.

Thanks, OP. Slow to the punch, but I finally got off my lazy butt (metaphorically, anyway) and signed up.

[quote name='Muthafodder']It's under 'My Account' somewhere. It appears as a renewal order.[/QUOTE]

I'm under "My Account" but dont see how to turn off auto renewal, where/what is it under exactly?

thanks

[quote name='bobright']I'm under "My Account" but dont see how to turn off auto renewal, where/what is it under exactly?

thanks[/QUOTE]

I'd love to tell you exactly, but since I already did it, I can't re-do it to give you detailed instructions.

Click on your ID/name on the left, it is either under the 'View' or 'Orders' tab.

Maybe someone else will chime in.

I've been looking at this thread forever wondering WTF "ECA" was, but never looked in until I saw people talking about discounts connected with it. I will definitely use it with Amazon. Thanks for the tip!

Just now finding out about this and it's an awesome deal. Not completely sure what the rules are about code usage, but I'm sure I'll figure it out. Much thanks OP!

Thanks OP worked excellently. FOR THOSE STILL HAVING PROBLEMS - check your email - I received three emails from ECA. Two were about the subscription to the newsletter and there was a third that was about the membership.

[quote name='chibamm']Ummmm, fraud?[/QUOTE]

?? A virtual CC is still a real card.. the only difference is that it only allows a one time charge on it. If you think that is fraud you should tell Visa that their gift cards are fraud.

[quote name='judgedee']?? A virtual CC is still a real card.. the only difference is that it only allows a one time charge on it. If you think that is fraud you should tell Visa that their gift cards are fraud.[/QUOTE]

I apologize, my mistake. I had misunderstood your statement and thought you had used a different kind of CC # generator. No harm no foul. :)

Hmm I was doing this now and IE is complaining the certificate is wrong/bad/different site, doesn't give me a warm and fuzzy right before entering a credit card =b

I'll try it on another PC, I know sometimes this gives some false warnings, but seeing the URL in red and the certificate error message up top is making me pause on this :b

https://theeca.com/cart/checkout would seem to make sense for them tho...
the error says the security certificate presented is for a different website's address

Has anyone had this problem with the amazon codes. I try to get a new code by clicking on the link and it won't give me a new code. It keeps displaying the same code over and over again???

[quote name='bizman316']Has anyone had this problem with the amazon codes. I try to get a new code by clicking on the link and it won't give me a new code. It keeps displaying the same code over and over again???[/QUOTE]
You may only generate 1 code per day. To control the code taking abuse.

In case anyone was interested and if it hasn't been posted before, but I just used the code to successfully renew my membership. It was up for renewal in the coming days and the code took the yearly fee down to zero!

[quote name='tlwizard']In case anyone was interested and if it hasn't been posted before, but I just used the code to successfully renew my membership. It was up for renewal in the coming days and the code took the yearly fee down to zero![/QUOTE]
Damn, guess you have to be close to lapsing before they create a new order number to pay. Would've been nice to been extended a year free due to all the problems.

So lemme get this straight, I put in my CC and order ECA for 1 year (which is 10% off from Amazon) for a total of $0.

The only problem though is that it's going to auto-renew next year and charge me a full $20..so I have to remember to cancel it before the start of next year? Is there a way to just turn off the auto renew to not deal with it, and also how do you cancel subscription online or by phone?

[quote name='johnsdoe00']That's DUMB. :bomb:[/QUOTE]
Yea but I'm pretty sure it still applies to your whole order.

And if you have preorders you can cancel them and it will put the code back in the cart

And who is actually placing multiple orders every single day?

I signed up a week ago and I've only generated 2 codes. One for a Uncharted 2 pre-order and one I haven't used yet.

pls help.. i can't find anything anywhere about joining for the membership. All I got is the newsletter and everytime I click on members area it says log in but i already am.

nevermind..I got it I just created a yahoo acct. and I got the newsletter plus the other e-mail, then use the code and it worked.....Thanks OP..

Wow, thanks op! Just signed up, it was very simple. Also ordered Forza 3 from amazon with the 10% off code and $10 credit. Thanks again.

[quote name='1Sail0r']So lemme get this straight, I put in my CC and order ECA for 1 year (which is 10% off from Amazon) for a total of $0.

The only problem though is that it's going to auto-renew next year and charge me a full $20..so I have to remember to cancel it before the start of next year? Is there a way to just turn off the auto renew to not deal with it, and also how do you cancel subscription online or by phone?[/QUOTE]

If your credit card is decent at all, you should be able to log into your credit card account online and generate some virtual CC numbers. Use one that expires in like a month and they won't be able to bill it when you're up for renewal.

[quote name='Vortextk']Or you guys could just, you know, CANCEL the auto renewal. Takes a few clicks.[/QUOTE]

Could you post how to do that? I can't seem to find that option anywhere.

>.>
Boy this has been a pain, I made a new login because the original one I had (subscription only) refused to let me buy, then I had to add 'www' to the email link to get IE to stop screaming about a mismatching certificate issue and suggesting I shouldn't give out any info/hijacked, and now that I'm in, the ECA website mentions generating a code by using the link below for Amazon, and there's no link below...!

edit - ok so then I'm off to the forums and they're out of codes... holy cow... well no order tonight =b
I have humbly requested they actually indicate this fact on the benefit page themselves, rather than off to the forums there

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='ras752000']How long before new codes available?[/QUOTE]

Nothing stated (on their forums) yet, but sounds like it's used up for the month. So if I was a betting man, October 1st.

They should fix this for people who actually paid....

[quote name='rustyrage']You may only generate 1 code per day. To control the code taking abuse.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='paintballers']They should fix this for people who actually paid....[/QUOTE]

The people who actually paid were the ones hoarding the codes long before the GI code for free membership even came along. Let's stop dividing everything along the lines of who paid and who didn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back