Free full 1 year eca membership no purchase needed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dallascowboys

CAGiversary!
Feedback
20 (100%)
If you use the code GIMAG on theeca.com (found in an article of the new Crackdown GI issue), you can receive a free, full 1 year membership (I think it's only for new accounts). You do need a credit card to sign up, but if you cancel before the 1 year is up, you won't be charged. This is a great deal for the free amazon discount. Be sure to use the coupon soon, because the article doesn't mention the expiration for the coupon.

Enjoy guys!
dallascowboys

P.S. Now all of CAG can have an ECA membership!

Also, after you enter your CC number and the coupon, the page after lets you check everything before you submit your order. That way you know that the coupon worked and you won't be charged.

-----------------------

LinkinPrime Edit:

Check your spam filters for the confirmation link, if you signed up for the newsletter you will get 2 emails, one for the newsletter and one for the membership. For some reason the newsletter one showed up in my inbox and the membership was in my junk mail folder, so keep an eye out.

Last edited by a moderator:
I signed up for ECA awhile back but didn't buy the membership and I can't find anywhere on the site that lets me order a membership. I asked what to do earlier if I already had an account and they said to click "resend validation email" which seems nowhere to be found on the account page. I tried going to the membership benefits page and click "join" and it goes to an access denied page.

OK. I am obviously not having a good day. Where in the hell do you sign up for the membershio? I did so much as to add a usernamen and stuff, but I never come across anything asking me for CC info, or claiming it only being for a year.

thanks

JJ

[quote name='jjhearn']OK. I am obviously not having a good day. Where in the hell do you sign up for the membershio? I did so much as to add a usernamen and stuff, but I never come across anything asking me for CC info, or claiming it only being for a year.

thanks

JJ[/QUOTE]

after you enter your username and password stuff, click create account and on the page it brings you to is where you enter your CC info and the discount code. this is also where it mentions the renewal after one year.

I can't seem to get to the page where I can enter the CC and code either. It created the account, sent me an email confirmation for the newsletter but that's it. I can log into the account and it says I'm a member but when I try to access the members area it says access denied please log in. Any idea what to do next? I don't see any link where I can purchase a membership.

I love how ECA's registration process is just as much an IQ test as it is to screen spammers. I say if people are too incompetent to figure out such a simple process (yes, it requires reading instructions), all the better. Granted, there's legitimate gripes about never receiving the e-mail for whatever reason (although, how much is due to user error. . .), but people have worked around it in the past.

[quote name='Jodou']I love how ECA's registration process is just as much an IQ test as it is to screen spammers. I say if people are too incompetent to figure out such a simple process (yes, it requires reading instructions), all the better. Granted, there's legitimate gripes about never receiving the e-mail for whatever reason (although, how much is due to user error. . .), but people have worked around it in the past.[/QUOTE]

Would you be so kind as to point me in the direction of where the instructions are so I can read them?

[quote name='jthieme']Would you be so kind as to point me in the direction of where the instructions are so I can read them?[/QUOTE]They were right there on the registration page and the following e-mail you receive.

[quote name='slowdive21']So are the old and new codes double stacking still?[/QUOTE]Yes.

I have a feeling they won't double stack after the end of the this month since the codes may expire so get your preorders in now. I know I did (10 games).

[quote name='RoodyPooUS']I have a feeling they won't double stack after the end of the this month since the codes may expire so get your preorders in now. I know I did (10 games).[/QUOTE]
Once they're tied to the account, I doubt it.

[quote name='slowdive21']So are the old and new codes double stacking still?[/QUOTE]

If so, is there any way for a "new" member like myself to access the older codes?

[quote name='Jodou']They were right there on the registration page and the following e-mail you receive.

Yes.[/QUOTE]

The only email I received was confirmation for the newsletter which I did but there was nothing in there about the membership. And I don't have any spam filters or a spam folder so the mail isn't there.

[quote name='Jodou']Once they're tied to the account, I doubt it.[/QUOTE]

Ok, maybe not, I just don't want to take any risks since pretty much all the games for the next 6 months I would buy are already available for preorder except for White Knight Chronicles. I can always cancel and they have a price guarantee and they also apply the new promos to old stuff.

Anyway here is what I got:

Uncharted 2 (with Gold Box too)
Demon's Souls Deluxe Edition
Heavy Rain
Final Fantasy XIII
Final Fantasy Versus XIII
MAG
God of War III
Last Rebellion
Gran Turismo 5
The Last Guardian

(Also got some Real Triggers and an extra controller.)

Demon's Souls Deluxe Edition I am waiting for this in quick picks! I want the LE with the bonus CD and book

Heavy Rain I was offered this one in quick pics as well as uncharted 2, but I didn't buy them

God of War III hope i get offered this one

[quote name='RoodyPooUS']Ok, maybe not, I just don't want to take any risks since pretty much all the games for the next 6 months I would buy are already available for preorder except for White Knight Chronicles. I can always cancel and they have a price guarantee and they also apply the new promos to old stuff.[/quote]

People have canceled orders with their 50% off coupon from trading in games awhile back, and even though the coupon was supposed to expire at the end of august, it's been re-applied this month to some orders without a hitch. Now whether that means the coupon's expiration was extended by amazon without notice or once it's on your account it will stay for either forever or just longer, I'm not sure if anyone knows for sure.

Unless WKC comes up for pre-order soon I wouldn't bother canceling that entire order just for 1 game, you'd miss out on uncharted's goldbox discount too. Atleast, you would without waiting around trying to get a few games in your quick picks one day when re-ordering that entire list again.

[quote name='slowdive21']Demon's Souls Deluxe Edition I am waiting for this in quick picks! I want the LE with the bonus CD and book[/QUOTE]

Don't get your hopes up, it's been super rare and I think everyone that did get it(or mostly everyone) got it around july/early august, not recently.

Thanks OP!

For anyone having problems getting to the JOIN page. It could be Firefox.

You will get 3 emails. The first will have the Subject:
"Account details for {your username} at Entertainment Consumers Association (ECA)"
This one will take you to the page where you can join up and enter the free year code. The other two are only about the newsletter.

When you open the first email, it will say:
"{your username},

Thank you for registering at Entertainment Consumers Association (ECA). You must verify your email address before gaining full access to the site. To verify your email address please click on this link or copy and paste it in your browser:

http://theeca.com/user/validate/...{this will be unique for each new account}

This is a one-time login, so it can be used only once. After logging in you can change your password. -- Entertainment Consumers Association (ECA) team
"

Seems the ECA site uses a different website for confirmation when you click the link. So, Firefox said the certificate was invalid and tried to keep me from going to the site. At that point you click the link to let FF know that you know what you're doing and it will bring up an exceptions window so you can add it to Firefox. I unclicked the permanent exception check box, since I only need the link to work once. And the JOIN page was allowed to display, where I completed the reg process.

Awesome deal. Love Amazon, just got a birthday gift certificate there, so this will stretch it out even more.

And even though you're Cowboys fan... thanks.

Go Niners!

Just signed up for this myself....

now i've got the internal debate weather or not to cancel my Demons souls Delux pre-order and reorder it to save money....

Just don't want to risk losing out on the game

[quote name='grrouchie']Just signed up for this myself....

now i've got the internal debate weather or not to cancel my Demons souls Delux pre-order and reorder it to save money....

Just don't want to risk losing out on the game[/QUOTE]

You don't have to cancel. Just contact Customer Service. That's what I did for ODST.

[quote name='grrouchie']Just signed up for this myself....

Just don't want to risk losing out on the game[/QUOTE]
How would you lose out on the game? It's still available for pre-order, so if you're still worried just place a new order with ECA applied and then cancel the old one.

Sweet! I'm in. It looks like the problem with finding the order page was with Firefox. I used IE and found it right away.

This might have been asked already, but does the membership let you only you get 20% of a gog game once? About the gog code it says it's a unique one time that cant be reused, do new gog codes reappear eventually if you want to buy more games?

Edit-I found out my answer. It's a 1 time use and no more codes after that. Awwwww :(.
It said under benefits that gog is "is offering members 20% off of new game purchases" so I thought it meant we'd be able to get the discount on all purchases.

Last edited by a moderator:
Item(s) Subtotal: $100.98
Shipping & Handling: $11.96
Promotion Applied: -$10.10
Promotion Applied: -$5.00
Promotion Applied: -$10.10
----- Total Before Tax: $87.74
Estimated Tax: $8.34
----- Grand Total: $96.08

With release day shipping for Demon Souls delux and KH:358/2

Great deal, I don't feel like preording a bunch of games without the security of knowing I will have said cash at the ready.

i have a question. i just signed up. if you use one code how long does it take for you to get another? also im getting demons souls, fifa 10 and uncharted 2, can you use one code for multiple games for an order? or is each code valid for only one game?

[quote name='jcwkings']i have a question. i just signed up. if you use one code how long does it take for you to get another? also im getting demons souls, fifa 10 and uncharted 2, can you use one code for multiple games for an order? or is each code valid for only one game?[/QUOTE]

One code for one game. You'll have to make separate orders for each game with different codes.

I think you get one code per day from ECA. I'm just taking this from reading some of this thread, as I've only used one code since I signed up.

[quote name='dino88']One code for one game. You'll have to make separate orders for each game with different codes.

I think you get one code per day from ECA. I'm just taking this from reading some of this thread, as I've only used one code since I signed up.[/QUOTE]

Actually, thats wrong. You can use one code for a whole order. I know I did and many others have. The info on the ECA page is old/wrong.

[quote name='jcwkings']i have a question. i just signed up. if you use one code how long does it take for you to get another? also im getting demons souls, fifa 10 and uncharted 2, can you use one code for multiple games for an order? or is each code valid for only one game?[/QUOTE]
You can use one code for multiple games in a single order.

The very first batch, back in the Spring, would only allow one discount per order. Now the new codes will take 10% off all of the games in a single order.

The ECA has finally limited code generation to one per day.

cool, thanks i just used it on demons souls today thinking its 1 game per code, tommorow ill take care of fifa 10 and uncharted 2.

[quote name='RoodyPooUS']Actually, thats wrong. You can use one code for a whole order. I know I did and many others have. The info on the ECA page is old/wrong.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='no_exit']You can use one code for multiple games in a single order.

The very first batch, back in the Spring, would only allow one discount per order. Now the new codes will take 10% off all of the games in a single order.

The ECA has finally limited code generation to one per day.[/QUOTE]

I tried to pre-order Uncharted 2 and Fallout 3 GOTY on Monday and the code only took off 10% on one game.

[quote name='Japakneez']wow. so many people grabbed extra 'old' codes :lol:[/QUOTE]
There was a reason they ran out of codes... and now it shows it wasn't the free members.

[quote name='basketb']There was a reason they ran out of codes... and now it shows it wasn't the free members.[/QUOTE]

Maybe 20, 30 people posting here, on the high side, about double stacking doesn't mean they used up the codes compared to the hundreds of thousands of free users.

The people hording that can double stack now are not blameless, but the free members definitely outnumber these people by far.

Not to mention, free members could have been hording in the few days before that batch ran out to double stack now.

Can we just end these accusations and move on from this?

[quote name='dino88']I tried to pre-order Uncharted 2 and Fallout 3 GOTY on Monday and the code only took off 10% on one game.[/QUOTE]
Strange, it shouldn't be that way.

Just for fun I tried Uncharted 2 and Falout 3 GOTY (both PS3) with a code I just generated and it worked fine:

Items: $113.98
Shipping & Handling: $0.00
Pre-order Guarantee: -$0.00
Promotion Applied: -$5.70
Pre-order Guarantee: -$0.00
Promotion Applied: -$5.70
Promotion Applied: -$0.00
pixel-grey._V47081715_.gif

Total Before Tax: $102.58
Estimated Tax: $0.00
transparent-pixel._V42752373_.gif

Order Total: $102.58

I just went to the website, selected "join", filled everything out.
It never asked me for money or showed a place for a code.
It activated my account, but of course, it says denied if I go to the membership benefit area.
Very confusing website.
What am I doing wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back