Free full 1 year eca membership no purchase needed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dallascowboys

CAGiversary!
Feedback
20 (100%)
If you use the code GIMAG on theeca.com (found in an article of the new Crackdown GI issue), you can receive a free, full 1 year membership (I think it's only for new accounts). You do need a credit card to sign up, but if you cancel before the 1 year is up, you won't be charged. This is a great deal for the free amazon discount. Be sure to use the coupon soon, because the article doesn't mention the expiration for the coupon.

Enjoy guys!
dallascowboys

P.S. Now all of CAG can have an ECA membership!

Also, after you enter your CC number and the coupon, the page after lets you check everything before you submit your order. That way you know that the coupon worked and you won't be charged.

-----------------------

LinkinPrime Edit:

Check your spam filters for the confirmation link, if you signed up for the newsletter you will get 2 emails, one for the newsletter and one for the membership. For some reason the newsletter one showed up in my inbox and the membership was in my junk mail folder, so keep an eye out.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had an old code and the double stack worked! Used it with my $30 trade-in coupon.

Mass Effect 2

Item(s) Subtotal: $56.99
Shipping & Handling: $4.49
Super Saver Discount: -$4.49
Promotion Applied: -$5.70
Promotion Applied: -$30.00
-----
Total Before Tax: $15.59
Estimated Tax: $1.38
Gift Certificate/Card Amount: $16.97

Mass Effect 2
Subtotal of Items: $56.99
Promotion Applied: -$9.00
Pre-order Guarantee: -$0.00
Promotion Applied: -$10.00
Promotion Applied: -$5.00
Total: $21.59
Gift Cards: -$15.00(this was a second ODST $9 price drop & $6 ECA 10% refund from ODST, not out of my pocket)
Total for this Order: $6.59 :applause:

Last edited by a moderator:
Got the membership. I'm not too sure what's supposed to be so great about this site, or why in the world it would be worth 20 dollars. 10% off a couple sites? 5 dollars off orders of 75 OR MORE at Buy.com?? That's not a good deal at all.

[quote name='Svengoolie']Got the membership. I'm not too sure what's supposed to be so great about this site, or why in the world it would be worth 20 dollars. 10% off a couple sites? 5 dollars off orders of 75 OR MORE at Buy.com?? That's not a good deal at all.[/QUOTE]

First of all, just looking at it from the perspective of the "deal," getting 10% off at Amazon is a great deal by itself, if you're like most CAGs and do a lot of business with them. All you need to do is buy 4 or 5 game-related items from Amazon, and the membership is paid off (assuming one signed up prior to this deal). That's not even including the other perks. I've been a member for less than a month and have already save around $20 at Amazon and got a free movie ticket through Fandango.

Second of all, the point of the membership is not the "deal" but to support of the ECA. In this case, by them getting an influx of new members through this promotion, they can get more businesses to work with them.

[quote name='Brother Daz']Mass Effect 2
Promotion Applied: -$9.00
Promotion Applied: -$10.00
Promotion Applied: -$5.00
Gift Cards: -$15.00(this was a second ODST $9 & $6 ECA 10%, not out of my pocket)
Total for this Order: $6.59 :applause:[/QUOTE]

Just out of curiosity what were the -$9, -$10, and -$5 promos?

Is there a specific coupon code to use for ME2? I might be ordering that soon myself so I want to be sure. I guess this is one of those games that doesn't show up as a gold box quick pick because I haven't seen it there yet on 2 accounts over the 2+ months I've been racking up preorders.

[quote name='io']Just out of curiosity what were the -$9, -$10, and -$5 promos?

Is there a specific coupon code to use for ME2? I might be ordering that soon myself so I want to be sure. I guess this is one of those games that doesn't show up as a gold box quick pick because I haven't seen it there yet on 2 accounts over the 2+ months I've been racking up preorders.[/QUOTE]

It was in my quick picks several times about 3 or 4 months ago so it might be possible again one day

[quote name='io']Just out of curiosity what were the -$9, -$10, and -$5 promos?

Is there a specific coupon code to use for ME2? I might be ordering that soon myself so I want to be sure. I guess this is one of those games that doesn't show up as a gold box quick pick because I haven't seen it there yet on 2 accounts over the 2+ months I've been racking up preorders.[/QUOTE]
The $9 was for the price adjustment when it released, for some reason they sent me a second one this morning. The $10 & $5 were from the ODST preorder. I paid for ODST with a gift card so thats why they refunded my $9 this way and not refunded straight back to my credit card

Mass Effect 2
Promotion Applied: -$9.00 ----$9 price adjustment (ODST)
Promotion Applied: -$5.70 -----old ECA code
Promotion Applied: -$10.00 ------ preorder $10 (ODST)
Promotion Applied: -$5.00----Twitter HALOODST $5 code
Promotion Applied: -$5.70 -----new ECA ccde
Gift Cards: -$15.00(this was a second ODST $9 price drop adjustment & $6 ECA 10% refund from ODST, not out of my pocket)
Total for this Order: $6.59

[quote name='Zimmy']I just went to the website, selected "join", filled everything out.
It never asked me for money or showed a place for a code.
It activated my account, but of course, it says denied if I go to the membership benefit area.
Very confusing website.
What am I doing wrong?[/QUOTE]

had the same problem. did u put in a credit card? you need a CC

[quote name='Zurich']brother daz,

nice work

:applause:

now let's hope a $10 VG credit promo pops up with ME2 sometime before the game ships[/QUOTE]
that would be awesome, that would mean I would get paid $3.41 for ME2!!! :shock:

Man, how did I NOT know about this? Bought an extra Rock Band 2 bundle a few weeks ago and purchased ODST this week from Amazon. Would've saved $16 altogether. Oh, well. I just signed up for a free year of ECA and used the $15 game credits from my ODST Amazon order on the Metal Gear Solid Essential Collection for PS2.

Subtotal of Items: $19.98 (sale price...$10 off the $29.99 regular price)
Shipping & Handling: $0.00 (free 2-day shipping from Amazon Prime trial)
Promotion Applied: -$10.00 (Credit for buying ODST)
Promotion Applied: -$5.00 (Credit for using the "HALOODST" twitter code)
Promotion Applied: -$2.00 (ECA discount)

------ Total for this Order: $2.98

Less than $3 for three games. Not bad. :D

Thanks, guys! :applause:

EDIT:

[quote name='Zimmy']I just went to the website, selected "join", filled everything out.
It never asked me for money or showed a place for a code.
It activated my account, but of course, it says denied if I go to the membership benefit area.
Very confusing website.
What am I doing wrong?[/QUOTE]

There is an email that they send you that you have to reply to (copy the URL in the email and paste it in another window/tab). It has this in the title:

"Account details for (YOUR USER NAME) at Entertainment Consumers Association (ECA)‏"

The URL given will send you to a page where you fill in Credit card info. Add the Promo code from the first post and add in your CC info. The following page will have the annual fee discounted, making your one year membership free.

Hope that helped. ;)

[quote name='rpgamer92']anyway to do this without a creditcard.[/QUOTE]

Someone on SD said he used a speedway card or an expired giftcard or something like that.

Are the codes dead again? I just pre-ordered Pokemon SoulSilver with a new code, but then I found HeartGold in my Gold Box... Wanted to order that too, but I couldn't get another new code.

[quote name='Law_Professor']Are the codes dead again? I just pre-ordered Pokemon SoulSilver with a new code, but then I found HeartGold in my Gold Box... Wanted to order that too, but I couldn't get another new code.[/QUOTE]

One code every 24 hrs.

[quote name='Law_Professor']Are the codes dead again? I just pre-ordered Pokemon SoulSilver with a new code, but then I found HeartGold in my Gold Box... Wanted to order that too, but I couldn't get another new code.[/QUOTE]

It should give you an error which states it is now one code per day. So, you'll be able to get another code tomorrow. Hope that helps.

Edit: Nevermind

[quote name='Porksta']One code every 24 hrs.[/QUOTE]

Ooops! Sorry. Thanks for answering my stupid question. :bouncy:

Edit: I canceled the first order and just went with HeartGold for $29.74 + Pre-Order Price Guarantee.

Item(s) Subtotal: $34.99
Gold Box Discount: -$1.75
Promotion Applied: -$3.50
Total Before Tax: $29.74
Estimated Tax: $0.00
Grand Total: $29.74

[quote name='VWKILLER0']can any1 tell me if the gamefly code is 1 time use code????[/QUOTE]

I haven't tried it to confirm, but to my knowledge pretty much every code besides Amazon is single use, non-renewable.

[quote name='rpgamer92']anyway to do this without a creditcard.[/QUOTE]

If you have a PayPal account you can have PayPal generate a pretend credit card for you that expires in like one month.

Forgot to say thank when I took advantage of this offer, so here it goes: THANK YOU OP!

And thank you to all of CAG as well!

[quote name='Svengoolie']Got the membership. I'm not too sure what's supposed to be so great about this site, or why in the world it would be worth 20 dollars. 10% off a couple sites? 5 dollars off orders of 75 OR MORE at Buy.com?? That's not a good deal at all.[/QUOTE]

While I agree that some of the other discounts aren't the greatest, getting Amazon games at %10 off is a good deal.

You have to keep in mind that the ECA is not a deal program. They are not a marketing company selling you a virtual discount card or a rewards program. They are an advocacy/lobbyist group like the AARP, NRA, etc. That is why they are currently giving memberships away. A larger membership means more political clout. Telling congressmen and state assemblymen that your membership opposes their new bill is a lot more effective when you have 100,000 members than when you have 10,000. Obviously, they are also hoping members stay and pay the annual $20, but the increase in membership alone gives them some additional political clout AND creates a mailing list.

Just as other advocacy organizations such as AARP & the NRA negotiate discounts for their memberships, ECA has negotiated some discounts for gamers who become members. It is mutually beneficial, as ECA can use these as enticements for new members to join and affilitates like Amazon see it as direct marketing & promotion aimed at those most likely to buy their videogame products.

So can someone plz explain to me how this works. Whats is ECA and how do we get 10% off at Amazon?

also can we cancel at any time??

Just click the "visit members area" link on the left-hand side, and you'll see the different discounts and such you can get. The 10% Amazon discount, though, is pretty much the cream of the crop.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Just click the "visit members area" link on the left-hand side, and you'll see the different discounts and such you can get. The 10% Amazon discount, though, is pretty much the cream of the crop.[/QUOTE]
Is that a one-time deal? or unlimited?

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Just click the "visit members area" link on the left-hand side, and you'll see the different discounts and such you can get. The 10% Amazon discount, though, is pretty much the cream of the crop.[/QUOTE]

Is it for video games only?

[quote name='2sday']Is that a one-time deal? or unlimited?[/QUOTE]

There's 54 pages covering this. How about just reading the first post to get all your answers?

[quote name='mywhitenoise']There's 54 pages covering this. How about just reading the first post to get all your answers?[/QUOTE]
Ok I read the first post. Didn't answer my question.

I really dont want to read 54 pages of posts. So, can anybody please answer if the Amazon code is one-time, weekly, monthly, unlimited, etc? Will it work on game systems themselves (ei DSi)?

Just sign up, all the information is on their member page or can be found out by taking 2 minutes and trying the codes on different items

1 code per 24 hours per member
Games and most accessories
No to systems

I just used this and came here to post if no-one had found out about it yet. Of courses I was a fool to underestimate you CAG. I will let it auto renew b/c they really do good things for the industry. If you used this code without reading the article in GI I recommend it, just stop into a Gamestop and read it. When I worked there we never cared.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back