Free full 1 year eca membership no purchase needed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dallascowboys

CAGiversary!
Feedback
20 (100%)
If you use the code GIMAG on theeca.com (found in an article of the new Crackdown GI issue), you can receive a free, full 1 year membership (I think it's only for new accounts). You do need a credit card to sign up, but if you cancel before the 1 year is up, you won't be charged. This is a great deal for the free amazon discount. Be sure to use the coupon soon, because the article doesn't mention the expiration for the coupon.

Enjoy guys!
dallascowboys

P.S. Now all of CAG can have an ECA membership!

Also, after you enter your CC number and the coupon, the page after lets you check everything before you submit your order. That way you know that the coupon worked and you won't be charged.

-----------------------

LinkinPrime Edit:

Check your spam filters for the confirmation link, if you signed up for the newsletter you will get 2 emails, one for the newsletter and one for the membership. For some reason the newsletter one showed up in my inbox and the membership was in my junk mail folder, so keep an eye out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't believe I almost went a week missing this thread. Thanks OP! I was this close to signing up but was waiting until I had an amazon purchase in mind. Bummer that the codes for them are down!

Nice. Worked. Seen this thread for a while but finally decided to check out the ECA. Will definitely make usage of everything it entails.

Codes down for 2 days now. Grr! I paid for the ECA and haven't been able to use it yet. When I bought it a few months back and wanted to do some Amazoning, Amazon codes were down. Now I'm on the buy and they're down again. And they have free membs. I'm starting to feel a little soured.

anyone had any luck on amazon through chat or whatever in getting a code applied to a pre-order that hasn't shipped yet? I got MW2 pre-ordered with the $10 gc, and now have this whenever the codes come back up. i'm sure i could talk them into it but thought i'd see if anyone had experience with that.

If anyone picked up multiple of the new, one-per-account codes I would love to get one. I'm a paying ECA member, signed up about two weeks ago and only got in one use of the old codes before all this madness started.

EDIT: thanks for the code, got to love the CAG community!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='jallen']anyone had any luck on amazon through chat or whatever in getting a code applied to a pre-order that hasn't shipped yet? I got MW2 pre-ordered with the $10 gc, and now have this whenever the codes come back up. i'm sure i could talk them into it but thought i'd see if anyone had experience with that.[/QUOTE]
Not chat, but through the email form in Help > Contact Us. It took awhile for them to answer my first email, but today they made the change, saying that they couldn't add the code for some reason but reduced the price of my order by $10 anyway. :whee:

[quote name='TruthinessFC']Not chat, but through the email form in Help > Contact Us. It took awhile for them to answer my first email, but today they made the change, saying that they couldn't add the code for some reason but reduced the price of my order by $10 anyway. :whee:[/QUOTE]

same thing for me earlier in the week.

[quote name='paulton']What is this ECA site? What can they do or what do they do?[/QUOTE]
I know it's a bit much asking you to read the previous 47 pages. But how about the first post?

Wow, I'm exciting about having ECA membership. Finally, here discounts I come! Expect more games this year. =D Thanks OP!!

2q0vm3a.jpg

So is this deal offically dead now? I can't seem to get the option to join off the site. It keeps saying

----------------------
Access Denied

Please login to see this content

If you are using a bookmarked page, the page may have been deleted or moved. If you believe you have received this message in error, please contact us regarding the page. Please remember to include the URL.

----------------------

Of course though I'm already logged in, bah bummer. Congrats to the people that grabbed these codes!

[quote name='dfo']If anyone picked up multiple of the new, one-per-account codes I would love to get one. I'm a paying ECA member, signed up about two weeks ago and only got in one use of the old codes before all this madness started.

EDIT: thanks for the code, got to love the CAG community![/QUOTE]

Can anyone spare a code for me too? I am a paying member and have a few games in my Amazon basket.

Yep, codes are back. Just re-pre-ordered three games, and sent a message to Amazon about my two pre-orders that had Gold Box and other promotions and lower prices when I pre-ordered to see if they'll just add the promotion. And then I got an extra two codes just for the future because there's a couple other pre-orders I'm looking at but just waiting for them to go in the Gold Box.

Not tryin' to be greedy though, if anyone needs a code and The ECA codes go down again just PM me and if I have either of them left I'll be glad to send to you.

Awesome, I've been meaning to sign up for a while now and this is the perfect reason. Now I just need to cancel some orders and place them again so I can use the codes...

Holy crap, OP! Outstanding find! Thanks a lot. I feel vindicated for sitting around and hoping for some kinda coupon or something for ECA membership.:bouncy:

Am I doing something wrong? I signed up, got the e-mail about the newsletter and agreed to receiving it, then I got another e-mail saying welcome to the newsletter...and that's it. Whenever I try to enter the members area, it says access denied. I don't see anywhere to punch in the GI code, and I've already clicked on the "resend validation link" or whatever that's under my account settings.

Am I missing something, or does it just take them a long while to send out a validation e-mail?

I am having the same problem as BMXJouster. I am a subscriber to the newsletter, but I can't figure out how to actually register and type in the GI code to become a full member. I have an aol E-mail address. Is that the problem?

Did you guys check your spam folder? Many people have said that their registration email (which is separate from the newsletter email) landed in their junk mail folder.

The subject is "Account details for at Entertainment Consumers Association (ECA)." Once you validate your email, you can apply for membership.

No, I'm not getting anything in my spam folder. I'll just have to e-mail them directly and hope they can send the confirmation e-mail themselves instead of letting the automated system do it.

Try a new e-mail, change it later to the address you want. This is a common problem that's been going on for as long as I've been following the eca thread. The confirmation e-mail for whatever reason just can't get through. And since it's free, no worries about making sure an .edu gets it anyway.

[quote name='Vortextk']Try a new e-mail, change it later to the address you want. This is a common problem that's been going on for as long as I've been following the eca thread. The confirmation e-mail for whatever reason just can't get through. And since it's free, no worries about making sure an .edu gets it anyway.[/QUOTE]

Well, I decided to make a new account with my Yahoo mail address and it worked this time. I'd rather have had it on my main one, but this is okay too I guess.

How many of these ECA coupons can you get, though? I've already used two from my account, is there a limit to how many you can get? And if so, does it replenish after a certain amount of time? Thanks!

does anyone know if you have to use the free 30 day gamefly trial immediately when you sign up for the eca or do they just give you a code for future use?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back