Free full 1 year eca membership no purchase needed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dallascowboys

CAGiversary!
Feedback
20 (100%)
If you use the code GIMAG on theeca.com (found in an article of the new Crackdown GI issue), you can receive a free, full 1 year membership (I think it's only for new accounts). You do need a credit card to sign up, but if you cancel before the 1 year is up, you won't be charged. This is a great deal for the free amazon discount. Be sure to use the coupon soon, because the article doesn't mention the expiration for the coupon.

Enjoy guys!
dallascowboys

P.S. Now all of CAG can have an ECA membership!

Also, after you enter your CC number and the coupon, the page after lets you check everything before you submit your order. That way you know that the coupon worked and you won't be charged.

-----------------------

LinkinPrime Edit:

Check your spam filters for the confirmation link, if you signed up for the newsletter you will get 2 emails, one for the newsletter and one for the membership. For some reason the newsletter one showed up in my inbox and the membership was in my junk mail folder, so keep an eye out.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Jon Bon']I thought the whole idea behind posting a deal was to share it? What a great attitude..[/QUOTE]

Yes it is. But not if posting a deal screws you over.

For example, let's say you found a great price mistake and ordered it. What if you shared it and since everyone else jumped on it, your order was cancelled when it otherwise would not have.

Just curious if you'd be happy you shared the deal.

[quote name='Poor2More']...your point is null/void, 5 codes I got, who gives a fuck if the games I ordered are not released yet??? :roll:, if you MUST know what I will spend my next 5 codes on.....here you go

Magna Carta 2 (360) released next month...oh and I will pay with my visa credit card also since you MUST know everything

Alpha Protocol
NBA 2k10
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2
Persona PSP

Alpha Protocol (360)[/QUOTE]

He probably wants to know if you hang to the left or the right before deciding whether you were justified in getting 10 codes.

[quote name='confoosious'] For example, let's say you found a great price mistake and ordered it. What if you shared it and since everyone else jumped on it, your order was cancelled when it otherwise would not have.

Just curious if you'd be happy you shared the deal.[/QUOTE]
fuck you, confoosious, I would!

After I received my order.

It seems like a lot of people are upset at the ECA over this and are wondering what they can do after they shelled out $15 or $20.

For people upset about The ECA doing this, there are other avenues where your voice should be heard other than this thread. Here is the organization's contact information:

Press Inquiries
[email protected]
(It would be nice if Cheapy or someone requested some comments from the ECA on all of this)

Membership-related (non dues)
[email protected]

Membership (dues-only)
[email protected]

Feedback/Comments
[email protected]

Sponsorship
[email protected]

Website/technical support
[email protected]

Government Affairs
[email protected]

Jobs
[email protected]
Hell, write them a letter or pay them a visit in person if you're in the area:

Entertainment Consumers Association
64 Danbury Road, Suite 700, Wilton, CT 06897-4406 USA
And better yet, give them a ring or fax them a letter to ensure your voice is heard:

phone: +1 (203) 761-6180
fax: +1 [(203) 761-6184
Furthermore you can participate in this thread on their forums to voice your displeasure:

That same forum also has a thread related to complaints about the Amazon benefit.

Yes, this may be considered massive whining about first world problems, but that's what the internet was undisputedly created for.

[quote name='confoosious']Yes it is. But not if posting a deal screws you over.

For example, let's say you found a great price mistake and ordered it. What if you shared it and since everyone else jumped on it, your order was cancelled when it otherwise would not have.

Just curious if you'd be happy you shared the deal.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure I understand your analogy. This whole thing reminds me of the whole metal gear solid playstation 3 price drop debacle. If you were willing to pay for something before then the alternative shouldn't matter. I understand your frustration but generating codes seems like you're out for the wrong guys.

[quote name='Teodoric79']Plus you can use one code for multiple game orders[/QUOTE]

True. But sometimes you gotta check out right away.

For example, I happened to be up late when Tales of Vesperia was the DotD. I jumped on that and checked out. If I'd have waited for something else to tempt me, I'd have lost out on ToV.

With the way Amazon sells out when it's a great deal, I checkout right away.

Also, Super Mario Bros wii showed up in my gold box one day so I ordered it.

The next day, Halo ODST showed up. I had to use 2 codes even though both were preorders. Sometimes you can't wait.

[quote name='confoosious']True. But sometimes you gotta check out right away.

For example, I happened to be up late when Tales of Vesperia was the DotD. I jumped on that and checked out. If I'd have waited for something else to tempt me, I'd have lost out on ToV.

With the way Amazon sells out when it's a great deal, I checkout right away.

Also, Super Mario Bros will showed up in my gold box one day so I ordered it.

The next day, Halo ODST showed up. I had to use 2 codes even though both were preorders. Sometimes you can't wait.[/QUOTE]

exactly, you hit the nail right on the head

[quote name='doodofdoods'] You know you only needed to use one of those codes. Even if they were in your gold box quick picks. You could have added them all to your cart at once and got the discount.[/QUOTE]

I was not aware of that, thanks though

[quote name='doodofdoods']Click on Today's Deals, and scroll down to the bottom. The Quick Picks at the bottom give you a 5% discount when you add them to your cart using the add to cart button on that page. you can add all the items there and get a 5% discount on each of them, but you only have an hour to check out once you add them before the discount expires.
[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the help. I always scanned past that just thinking it was Amazon recommending more stuff.

[quote name='Killbomb']EDIT: doodofdoods beat me to the answer. :D[/QUOTE]

Effort appreciated nonetheless. Thank you good sir. :cool:

[quote name='Jodou']The FAQ in my sig, you seek. Read it, you must.[/QUOTE]

And thank you as well. :D

[quote name='Acid Indigestion']http://www.amazon.com/gp/goldbox[/QUOTE]

And thank you. Quick responses by everyone. :)

[quote name='doodofdoods'] You know you only needed to use one of those codes. Even if they were in your gold box quick picks. You could have added them all to your cart at once and got the discount.[/QUOTE]
They're all preorders, so ordering each individually ensures they ship separately. What's the point of preordering if you're going to have to wait to get the games anyway? It's better to get them on release at the discounted price.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']Where are the Amazon codes? For me it just shows this warning that the codes expire on 9/30/09, but no actual codes.[/QUOTE]

You should flip a few pages back and itll all be clear to you. Its actually quite entertaining reading through the posts. :bouncy::bouncy::bouncy:

[quote name='crunchb3rry']Where are the Amazon codes? For me it just shows this warning that the codes expire on 9/30/09, but no actual codes.[/QUOTE]

Login to ECA account, THEN enter this into your browser

http://www.theeca.com/amazon.com

Code appears at bottom of window along with a link to generate the next code

[quote name='DaBoltz']Login to ECA account, THEN enter this into your browser

Code appears at bottom of window along with a link to generate the next code[/QUOTE]

I went there and the codes are not showing up, nor is a place to generate a new one.

EDIT: Nevermind. I flipped back a few pages and read the nerdrage. It's actually kind of funny. Hopefully there will be more codes before Alpha Protocol comes out.

[quote name='haloman21']They're all preorders, so ordering each individually ensures they ship separately. What's the point of preordering if you're going to have to wait to get the games anyway? It's better to get them on release at the discounted price.[/QUOTE]

Very good point, something a lot of the people raging over "hoarding" 5 codes for personal use don't get. I'm not putting together my final fantasy xiii versus pre-order with brutal legend or guess what, I'LL NEVER GET BRUTAL LEGEND!

I used 6 codes before they ran out. Every one was for a preorder on different release days, except Brutal Legend and Uncharted 2. Those went together since they are released the same day

Aren't they released like a week apart? Basically the same though, either way. God I can't wait to destroy some evil nuns with my axe and slash like guitar playing.

[quote name='Vortextk']Aren't they released like a week apart? Basically the same though, either way. God I can't wait to destroy some evil nuns with my axe and slash like guitar playing.[/QUOTE]

Same day, the 13th. Amazon's actually offering Release Day Delivery for both (of which I will be taking advantage)

[quote name='Nirron']Same day, the 13th. Amazon's actually offering Release Day Delivery for both (of which I will be taking advantage)[/QUOTE]

Yep, used eca, the 10 dollar game gc I had from batman AA with prime and got both games for 92.00 with free release date shipping :D

Lol I got a set of real triggers in my quick picks(25 cents off!), added them to that order and they don't ship off till mid october with those two games =P

Prime would be sweet, but 80 is a lot to drop just to shave off a few days for me. It'd really just be nice to order small items and not have to always add them to other orders for free shipping.

I have a question. I applied the ECA code while I was preordering MW2. It added the $6 off to my existing $10 amazon gift card credit. And when you place the order it asks you if you want that credit. But I only wanna use the %10 off not the $10 gift card. If I check the box to use it will it use the full $16 or just the %10 off. I wish amazon would separate codes/coupons from gift card balances.

According to Gypsyfly PMS on the ECA website, they are replenishing the codes tomorrow morning... here is the C+P from the ECA forum -

Just wanted to give you guys a heads up that as of yesterday evening, yes, we are running low on codes again, but the new batch will be uploaded tomorrow morning.

http://forums.theeca.com/showthread.php?t=6461&page=22

But according to her writings, she apparently has no idea about the GI promotion.

Oh and just to throw this out there. Was going to see District 9 again cause it was freaking awesome, and I noticed that there is a buy1get1 for tickets off fandango with eca if you have a "visa signature" card. Don't really know what that is, I have an amazon visa, but that worked and I just got two tickets for 9.50(8.50 + dollar "convenience charge" lol). I didn't think my card would work, but that's pretty kick ass.

[quote name='animalspinners']According to Gypsyfly PMS on the ECA website, they are replenishing the codes tomorrow morning... here is the C+P from the ECA forum -

http://forums.theeca.com/showthread.php?t=6461&page=22

But according to her writings, she apparently has no idea about the GI promotion.[/QUOTE]

usually everytime they run out they sooner or later say they'll be back tomorrow.... then 5 days later ta-da... codes

[quote name='Vortextk']Oh and just to throw this out there. Was going to see District 9 again cause it was freaking awesome, and I noticed that there is a buy1get1 for tickets off fandango with eca if you have a "visa signature" card. Don't really know what that is, I have an amazon visa, but that worked and I just got two tickets for 9.50(8.50 + dollar "convenience charge" lol). I didn't think my card would work, but that's pretty kick ass.[/QUOTE]

Damn, just went to see a movie yesterday and didn't notice this? Is this deal good for multiple uses?

First time I tried cause I didn't think my visa would even work, so you got me. I don't see anything specific to say whether it works for one use or multiple, but let's hope multiple.

[quote name='Vortextk']Oh and just to throw this out there. Was going to see District 9 again cause it was freaking awesome, and I noticed that there is a buy1get1 for tickets off fandango with eca if you have a "visa signature" card. Don't really know what that is, I have an amazon visa, but that worked and I just got two tickets for 9.50(8.50 + dollar "convenience charge" lol). I didn't think my card would work, but that's pretty kick ass.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for pointing this out! I also have the Amazon Visa, so maybe I'll be taking a trip to the theater this week.

Thanks for the free membership! But can someone please help me because I can't find the page where the codes are published?

I have clicked the "visit members area" link and the page doesn't have the code for Amazon.

(Each discount code generated will only be good for a one-time use and a new code is accessible after each use. Use one code per game) To access this valuable new members-only discount, please click on the link below.

It tells me to click on the link below, but there is no link below. The next line only states how resale of the ECA membership is a breach of agreement... Can someone please help out? Thanks

I knew this was going to happen, I wouldn't be surprised if Amazon decides to kill this discount completely after Sept. 30th. At least I preordered most of what I want for the next 2~ months and have 3 codes left.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back