Free full 1 year eca membership no purchase needed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dallascowboys

CAGiversary!
Feedback
20 (100%)
If you use the code GIMAG on theeca.com (found in an article of the new Crackdown GI issue), you can receive a free, full 1 year membership (I think it's only for new accounts). You do need a credit card to sign up, but if you cancel before the 1 year is up, you won't be charged. This is a great deal for the free amazon discount. Be sure to use the coupon soon, because the article doesn't mention the expiration for the coupon.

Enjoy guys!
dallascowboys

P.S. Now all of CAG can have an ECA membership!

Also, after you enter your CC number and the coupon, the page after lets you check everything before you submit your order. That way you know that the coupon worked and you won't be charged.

-----------------------

LinkinPrime Edit:

Check your spam filters for the confirmation link, if you signed up for the newsletter you will get 2 emails, one for the newsletter and one for the membership. For some reason the newsletter one showed up in my inbox and the membership was in my junk mail folder, so keep an eye out.

Last edited by a moderator:
I pre ordered Tekken 6 a while back, decided to sign up and PAY for my ECA a week ago.Then I decided to email Amazon to see if they will add my ECA discount to the pre order.Got an email yesterday that they will do it.THen this thing happen.Ugghh. I hope they generate codes again soon so I don't miss out.

Can anyone help me with this? Those of you that got more than they need until September 30th? If not, I can totally understand. But if some1 can help a fellow CAG drop me a PM.

THanks

[quote name='Vortextk']Oh and just to throw this out there. Was going to see District 9 again cause it was freaking awesome, and I noticed that there is a buy1get1 for tickets off fandango with eca if you have a "visa signature" card. Don't really know what that is, I have an amazon visa, but that worked and I just got two tickets for 9.50(8.50 + dollar "convenience charge" lol). I didn't think my card would work, but that's pretty kick ass.[/QUOTE]
Man, I wish it worked for my Visa because I usually use the site to buy IMAX tix. It's like $15 for one so getting a second free would rock.

[quote name='doodofdoods']I want one of them sweet goodie bags that someone posted they got sent.[/QUOTE]
I want to know what the heck is going on in your avatar....or a goodie bag.

Thanks for the info OP. Myself and 4 other Ragtag CAG's that went to PAX and were supposed to get a free membership for preordering a PAX badge but didn't get our free memberships, so this makes up for it.

[quote name='dallascowboys']If you use the code GIMAG on theeca.com (found in an article of the new Crackdown GI issue), you can receive a free, full 1 year membership (I think it's only for new accounts). You do need a credit card to sign up, but if you cancel before the 1 year is up, you won't be charged. This is a great deal for the free amazon discount. Be sure to use the coupon soon, because the article doesn't mention the expiration for the coupon.

Enjoy guys!
dallascowboys

P.S. Now all of CAG can have an ECA membership!

Also, after you enter your CC number and the coupon, the page after lets you check everything before you submit your order. That way you know that the coupon worked and you won't be charged.

-----------------------

LinkinPrime Edit:

Check your spam filters for the confirmation link, if you signed up for the newsletter you will get 2 emails, one for the newsletter and one for the membership. For some reason the newsletter one showed up in my inbox and the membership was in my junk mail folder, so keep an eye out.[/QUOTE]

Thanks OP, joined ECA :applause:

I signed up for ECA awhile back but didn't purchase a membership yet. So am I out of luck unless I create a new account?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Jodou']Man, I wish it worked for my Visa because I usually use the site to buy IMAX tix. It's like $15 for one so getting a second free would rock.[/QUOTE]

You already try?

It is working for IMAX tickets for me :drool:, so that means multiple use does work on this I guess. Not quite half off, 30 - 13.50, and I didn't check if fandango added another dollar or two for "convenience" again, but that's still a sweet deal.

Wow! Thanks!!
Too bad I just traded finished trading all my swagbucks for amazon.ca gift cards. It'll be a huge help in the future though.

I signed up a while ago for $14.99 under my wifes student email. I just checked their terms and conditions and they do not prorate a refund if you cancel. So, I will cancel next April before it automatically renews.

Also opened a new account, so at least I get five months free on new account- thanks OP

[quote name='tyrok3k']I signed up for ECA awhile back but didn't purchase a membership yet. So am I out of luck unless I create a new account?[/QUOTE]

No. Just log in and then click 'resend validation email' on the account page. That's what I did, and when I clicked the link in my email it took me to the 'shopping cart' page to buy a membership. The code worked like a charm.

New codes are up.

[quote name='Casteor']That's still pretty high don't you think? All games should be playable. You're having games checked out (while you're paying for that monthly fee) and it takes like a week to get a new one sent to you.[/QUOTE]

As the other poster mentioned, no, they will ship you out a new game right after you report the unplayable game to them. And I've gotten over 50 games from GF, and they have all worked. Some might be beat up, but I have never gotten an unplayable game from them. Considering all of the subs they have, about a ~5% unplayable rate between me and the other guy is not too bad. It's not like they can test, every single game. If they did, a sub with them would be like $50 for one game.

[quote name='Vortextk']You already try?

It is working for IMAX tickets for me :drool:, so that means multiple use does work on this I guess. Not quite half off, 30 - 13.50, and I didn't check if fandango added another dollar or two for "convenience" again, but that's still a sweet deal.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I tried and it said something like this is not a Visa signature card. Would be nice if it worked, but I'm not going to open an account just for one deal.

[quote name='Law_Professor']Check your spam folder...[/QUOTE]

Thats the second thing i did. Nothing in the spam folders. Got the newsletter confirm the day i signed up but no membership offer yet. I must've clicked the resend account confirm e-mail twice each day since I've signed up. Still nothing :(

Hey, I have some questions about that fandango site and the buy 1, get 1 movie tickets, I hope some of you can help answer.

Do you just print out the tickets and bring them to the theatre with no problem? Essentially, they're the same as tickets you'd buy from the theatre?

Do they work at all AMC theatres? I did a search and found about all of the ones in my area, except for the one I frequent the most, and the one that's closest. So is it not for all AMC theatres?

Thanks a lot because my parents go to the theatres every week. Maybe this can help them, help me pay some bills.

Thank you!

[quote name='JohnDoeHoe']Hey, I have some questions about that fandango site and the buy 1, get 1 movie tickets, I hope some of you can help answer.

Do you just print out the tickets and bring them to the theatre with no problem? Essentially, they're the same as tickets you'd buy from the theatre?

Do they work at all AMC theatres? I did a search and found about all of the ones in my area, except for the one I frequent the most, and the one that's closest. So is it not for all AMC theatres?

Thanks a lot because my parents go to the theatres every week. Maybe this can help them, help me pay some bills.

Thank you![/QUOTE]

They work just like regular tickets, except the employee will just scan the barcode instead of ripping the ticket. Your closest theatre might not accept them because of the lack of a scanner thus not showing up on Fandango's site.

Don't know about theatre locations.

You can print them out or show your CC at the theatre(possibly license too I don't know) for your tickets, either way works.

[quote name='sbains']I signed up a while ago for $14.99 under my wifes student email. I just checked their terms and conditions and they do not prorate a refund if you cancel. So, I will cancel next April before it automatically renews.

Also opened a new account, so at least I get five months free on new account- thanks OP[/QUOTE]
Did they change their terms? I thought the free membership was for 12 months and not only five.

[quote name='basketb']Did they change their terms? I thought the free membership was for 12 months and not only five.[/QUOTE]

The 5 months is the run over of his 2nd free account that's active along side his current paid account

I can't get the thing to work at all. I signed up for a user name, got the confirmation link, but can't find out how to get to a page to actually sign up for a membership, either by paying or by using a code or anything. :wall:

Those of you that have signed up without issue, at what point in the process do you get to the checkout screen where you enter the code and payment information? I got the username/password and clicked the link in the verification email so far, and... nothing.

[quote name='ONIN']I love how half the post in this thread are really happy and the other half are really upset.[/QUOTE]
Glad I didn't wait, I've used the ECA all summer. Everyone that buys games from Amazon should use this or you are ignorant.

[quote name='Lawyers Guns N Money']Those of you that have signed up without issue, at what point in the process do you get to the checkout screen where you enter the code and payment information? I got the username/password and clicked the link in the verification email so far, and... nothing.[/QUOTE]

Clicking on the link in the e-mail should take you to a check out screen where you put in the code and CC info.

Add me to the list of the grateful. Thanks OP!

[quote name='Lawyers Guns N Money']Those of you that have signed up without issue, at what point in the process do you get to the checkout screen where you enter the code and payment information? I got the username/password and clicked the link in the verification email so far, and... nothing.[/QUOTE]

Checkout where you put the code should appear after you follow the link in the verification email.

This thread is huge so sorry if this has been answered. But if I already have games in my pre-order that I used the gold box discount on Amazon can I apply thes one time ECA 10% off codes or do I have to get the game back in my gold box to apply them? Thus order the game again after getting it in my gold box quick picks and cancel the old orders that had the gold box discount. It would suck if I had to get them back as then I would have to set up another Amazon account. That would be like my fifth. LOL.

Is anyone waiting/has been waiting for the validation e-mail? I got the e-mail for the newsletter immediately, but I'm still waiting for the validation one... And I have a feeling the deal is going to expire before I get mine. Has anyone else run into this problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back