Free GS exclusive Kid Icarus AR Card Today only

kfrancia

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
For those that are collecting the Kid Icarus AR cards, Gamestop is giving away an exclusive pack for free today. It is from 1 PM to 4 PM at select locations.

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/landing/events/kidicarus/

Edit: According to a reader at joystiq the cards are
"Eggplant Wizard, Fiends Cauldron, Skyscraper Club, Firework Cannons, and Minos, along with possible random packs."
http://www.joystiq.com/2012/04/14/pick-up-some-kid-icarus-ar-cards-today-at-gamestop/

Edit 2: Just picked up a pack. All I did was ask about it and he asked if I wanted to try the game. I told him I already own it and he just gave me the pack. There were a couple people instore but not for the event. They had a stack of around 100+ on the counter.
The cards in my deck were: Eggplant Wizard, Fiends Cauldron, Skyscraper Club, Firework Cannons, and Minos.
I'm not sure about the random packs, forgot to ask.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm shocked that a GameStop in my town actually participated in this. Usually the only things that come to this shit hole are washed-up country singers and George Lopez. It's too bad I had no idea this was going on, so I missed the damn card. I might try swinging by just to see if they possibly have any extras, but I don't have high hopes. Oh well...maybe one day I'll be able to snag a copy from someone who doesn't want $20+ for it.

[quote name='ZombieToast']I'm shocked that a GameStop in my town actually participated in this. Usually the only things that come to this shit hole are washed-up country singers and George Lopez. It's too bad I had no idea this was going on, so I missed the damn card. I might try swinging by just to see if they possibly have any extras, but I don't have high hopes. Oh well...maybe one day I'll be able to snag a copy from someone who doesn't want $20+ for it.[/QUOTE]

I'll do 19 shipped :)

Gamestop will be apparently be hosting similar events soon, including more AR cards and Nintendo reps on site with big AR cards you can scan in. Participating locations *should* be the same as this previous event.

Saturday, April 28th 1-4pm
Saturday, May 12th 1-4pm

So if you missed the AR cards this time, you've got two more chances! ;)

[quote name='OtakuFerret']Gamestop will be apparently be hosting similar events soon, including more AR cards and Nintendo reps on site with big AR cards you can scan in. Participating locations *should* be the same as this previous event.

Saturday, May 12th 1-4pm

So if you missed the AR cards this time, you've got two more chances! ;)[/QUOTE]

I was out of town and missed the event and I'm not going to be around for the next events either! If anyone has extras for sale PLEASE PM ME!

[quote name='OtakuFerret']Gamestop will be apparently be hosting similar events soon, including more AR cards and Nintendo reps on site with big AR cards you can scan in. Participating locations *should* be the same as this previous event.

Saturday, May 12th 1-4pm

So if you missed the AR cards this time, you've got two more chances! ;)[/QUOTE]

Rad, thanks for the heads up! :D

Any idea if it will it be the same cards every time though?

For what it's worth, I went in today (Sunday) and asked for a pack of AR cards. The guy said something about he shouldn't be giving them out but gave them to me anyhow. Definitely a YMMV situation, but worth a try.

Find it kind of funny they are so exclusive with them. I know my store had atleast a good 200 packs in their box and only about 10 people come in.

Either way, i look forward to the next event, going to New York next week, so i hope by chance i can catch some event there.

I called up the nearest GS that held the event and was informed they still had numerous packs of the AR cards so I picked one up earlier today.

It's worth a shot to ask if you missed out on Saturday.

bread's done
Back