Free Ni no Kuni Guides for those who's WE orders got canceled

It is unfortunate that we are unable to produce additional Wizard’s Edition units to fulfill all the extra orders

Well why the fuck not? There's obviously demand, it's pretty stupid to say no to money, though so many game companies seem to love doing it.

[quote name='Kenshindono']Whoa whoa whoa.. whats going on? Were some orders canceled? I put my order in quite a while back, shortly after they started taking them and were doing the club namco bonus stuff. How can i check if im getting my order or not still? I hadn't heard anything about this, im gonna be fucking livid if my order got canceled for some reason.

How can i check on this/whats going on? I dont give a shit about a strat guide if i dont get my LE. It sounds like some people may have ordered from some ebay scam guy or something along those lines[/QUOTE]

You might be one of those rare people who pre-ordered back when it went live the first time who then had orders cancelled. Did you CC change by any chance? I have heard that was one reason they were getting cancelled. Though most people who had their order cancelled got an email. I pre-ordered back on August 29th and I was starting to freak out a bit until I finally got a shipment confirmation email yesterday. Check your spam folder if you haven't already and if there is nothing there you can give them a call I guess. But for the most part most people who did get their orders cancelled were the ones who ordered after the club namco goal reaching pre-order thing they were doing for the game. Good luck

I'm assuming since I never got a $20 coupon with my cancellation email I'll probably have to be proactive to get a free guide. Now they've reduced me to begging.

I checked my spam mail, but didn't find any $20 from Namco Bandai? But I found this from Digital River:

Dear Customer,

Digital River would like to express our sincere apologies for the problems that you had ordering NAMCO BANDAI's Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch™ - Wizard's Edition. Because of an error in our ordering system, the available inventory of Wizard's Edition was oversold by mistake. The good news is because you were among the very first customers to place an order when inventory was available, we still have an opportunity to fulfill your original order. Before we are able to ship your order, we just need to you to contact our customer service department at 952-392-2057 to update your payment method. When you call, please have your order number (xxxxxxxxxxx) available.

Sincerely,

Digital River Customer Service

Debating whether or not I still want it. Question is... do they still have any left or set aside for people who ordered but got cancelled on (the email is 2 days old now)? Anyone else get this email besides the $20?

[quote name='salty tbone']I'm assuming since I never got a $20 coupon with my cancellation email I'll probably have to be proactive to get a free guide. Now they've reduced me to begging.[/QUOTE]

check your spam folder, there was a separate email sent on the 23rd with the coupon

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']I am confused why everyone thinks we should get the book?

That would only piss off everyone who bought the Wizard Edition. Why the hell would Namco do that? Plus giving them would basically admit they can get more manufactured or else why would they have these books to give away.

If they allowed those affected to order the plushie and book for say $20 or so I'd take that. Free is asking for too much from Namco. not that I dont want it, but I'm surprised they are willing to give out the extra stock of guides they are hoarding.[/QUOTE]

because they are getting a lot of bad press from ign, kotaku, joystiq, etc. Nobody asked them to give the books, they are giving it to make up for the bad press they are receiving, and why would that piss off everyone who bought the wizard edition, they got what they wanted while the people who were promised a preorder got jack. Well 20 dollars and a book.
But I rather have the wizard edition.

[quote name='henry00x']check your spam folder, there was a separate email sent on the 23rd with the coupon[/QUOTE]

People keep mentioning the spam folder, but there's nothing there for me. My cancellation came on the 24th, so maybe there's a second wave of coupons. Either that or they somehow managed to screw up the mea culpa for more delicious irony.

[quote name='saiyajinsc']because they are getting a lot of bad press from ign, kotaku, joystiq, etc. Nobody asked them to give the books, they are giving it to make up for the bad press they are receiving, and why would that piss off everyone who bought the wizard edition, they got what they wanted while the people who were promised a preorder got jack. Well 20 dollars and a book.
But I rather have the wizard edition.[/QUOTE]

They would get more bad press from all the complaints coming from those who did manage to get the wizard edition.

[quote name='Waru']They would get more bad press from all the complaints coming from those who did manage to get the wizard edition.[/QUOTE]

I'll be more than willing to trade places with anyone who doesn't like it.

I wouldn't hold my breath on getting a guide either.

from a psych point of view, why do people pay $500 NOW to buy it vs pre-ordered when the game was announced even if they had to pay upfront? I'm excluding international buyers, mainly USA people. Makes ZERO sense.

[quote name='saiyajinsc']because they are getting a lot of bad press from ign, kotaku, joystiq, etc. Nobody asked them to give the books, they are giving it to make up for the bad press they are receiving, and why would that piss off everyone who bought the wizard edition, they got what they wanted while the people who were promised a preorder got jack. Well 20 dollars and a book.
But I rather have the wizard edition.[/QUOTE]

Not sure if we're talking about the same thing. I was referring to the book in the wizard edition, not the guide.

I can see people getting upset very easily if suddenly all the cancelled people got the book from the wizards edition, arguably the one thing most wanted from it if they had to pick.

[quote name='boOgii']I checked my spam mail, but didn't find any $20 from Namco Bandai? But I found this from Digital River:

Debating whether or not I still want it. Question is... do they still have any left or set aside for people who ordered but got cancelled on (the email is 2 days old now)? Anyone else get this email besides the $20?[/QUOTE]

That didn't last long. Some moron who got that email made the link public which was only intended for Customer Service use and a lot of people jumped in and ordered copies through that link, which boned quite a few people out of their orders.

Anywhos, I'm glad to see that there were some that actually got their games. I also think that they should have given a voucher for the PSN game, or at least make that $20 off usable on the PSN to get the game discounted.

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']Not sure if we're talking about the same thing. I was referring to the book in the wizard edition, not the guide.

I can see people getting upset very easily if suddenly all the cancelled people got the book from the wizards edition, arguably the one thing most wanted from it if they had to pick.[/QUOTE]

My bad, I thought you were referring to the guide.

hmm thanks guys i guess i'll try to search my email. I havent checked it in over a month though and its piled up. Anyone know what email they use so i can just do a quick search for it?

still a bit confused on exactly what happened and why peoples orders got canceled. I was indeed one of the first people to place an order as someone mentioned. I think it was back in like july or something.

[quote name='Kenshindono']hmm thanks guys i guess i'll try to search my email. I havent checked it in over a month though and its piled up. Anyone know what email they use so i can just do a quick search for it?

still a bit confused on exactly what happened and why peoples orders got canceled. I was indeed one of the first people to place an order as someone mentioned. I think it was back in like july or something.[/QUOTE]

email with the coupon code and cancellation notice came from [email protected] for me.

[quote name='DS9']from a psych point of view, why do people pay $500 NOW to buy it vs pre-ordered when the game was announced even if they had to pay upfront? I'm excluding international buyers, mainly USA people. Makes ZERO sense.[/QUOTE]It's really simple and makes perfect sense: Not everyone knew this game was coming out, let alone a special edition that was only available from one very remote internet store. Add in that many folks had to plan out their time just to get a second crack at a copy that ended up getting cancelled in some cases and there is still demand. And those with the means will spend it on something they want.

Had these folks known about it ahead of time they would have placed an order then. In short ... rare version of game is rare. ;)

It really sux that the legit people got their order cancel while a scalper got 250 copies. 1 person vs 250 unhappy loyal fans, the math doesn't add up.

Man, I'm hoping that I can find a trade for my Wizard Edition for someone SNES EarthBound CIB.

I got an email response this morning, but they said noting about the free guide, which has me kind of concerned. I have a feeling they are going to be sticklers about who even gets one. It probably won't be everyone who had an order canceled.

Also, the coupon expires at the end of March....which will be when they restock the vanilla version in the online store. Too much uncertainty for a game that clearly has demand.

[quote name='bonkers1978']It really sux that the legit people got their order cancel while a scalper got 250 copies. 1 person vs 250 unhappy loyal fans, the math doesn't add up.

Man, I'm hoping that I can find a trade for my Wizard Edition for someone SNES EarthBound CIB.[/QUOTE]

That scalper purchased his 250 units when their was no quantity cap. That scalper made a good investment. Had their been no interest in this game people wouldn't have thought twice and I'm sure PlayCanada would have eaten the losses.

Again this thread was very active last summer and most people just complained about digital river or the fact they were being charged shipping and handling.

This game shouldn't have snuck up on anyone that logs into CAG even everyonce in awhile.

[quote name='bonkers1978']It really sux that the legit people got their order cancel while a scalper got 250 copies. 1 person vs 250 unhappy loyal fans, the math doesn't add up.[/QUOTE]

By that incorrect logic, the people that are blowing 3-4 times more than list price aren't loyal fans.

Again, there is no reason to hate on the PC guy. He is not the reason for the screw ups and cancelled orders. Not one bit.

[quote name='JCrichton']By that incorrect logic, the people that are blowing 3-4 times more than list price aren't loyal fans.

Again, there is no reason to hate on the PC guy. He is not the reason for the screw ups and cancelled orders. Not one bit.[/QUOTE]

Unless he ordered a bunch more copies through that backdoor link ;)

[quote name='Josef']Unless he ordered a bunch more copies through that backdoor link ;)[/QUOTE]

Someone ordering through that link took my copy. Good thing I still have an $80 UK version coming.

Well, that's nice. I might end up getting a guide for a game I'll never likely buy , because I'm still bitter at this entire situation.

fuck off , Namco. I'll accept your free gift, but I won't be happy about it. :bouncy:

[quote name='GBAstar']That scalper purchased his 250 units when their was no quantity cap. That scalper made a good investment. Had their been no interest in this game people wouldn't have thought twice and I'm sure PlayCanada would have eaten the losses.

Again this thread was very active last summer and most people just complained about digital river or the fact they were being charged shipping and handling.

This game shouldn't have snuck up on anyone that logs into CAG even everyonce in awhile.[/QUOTE]

We get it already.You dont have to post up the same reason in multiple threads. :roll:

Same resolution just like the MvC 3 LE debacle. Was at least hoping for a free copy like the Dark Souls mess up but whatever. It sucks that the initial coupon expires on March 31st. There is nothing on that website to order as of now. hopefully in two months they have standard copies in stock. I will use it then.

At least my cousin can enjoy this. He was one of the few that got the WE himself so this should complete his NNK collection.

I will also take the $20 coupon and just buy Project X Zone. with it...hopefully when that happens, BAMCO would have cut ties with Digital River.

[quote name='tmonahan87']I got an email response this morning, but they said noting about the free guide, which has me kind of concerned. I have a feeling they are going to be sticklers about who even gets one. It probably won't be everyone who had an order canceled.

Also, the coupon expires at the end of March....which will be when they restock the vanilla version in the online store. Too much uncertainty for a game that clearly has demand.[/QUOTE]

Same here. Knowing Digital River, I'm worried their statement was a load of BS to salvage their image publicly while they really plan on doing nothing. This whole situation is a load of crap.

People telling those who got screwed on this situation to stop complaining are the ones who need to shut up, because they don't know what it's like to place a legitimate pre-order for such a rare item and have it cancelled. The PlayCanada situation, conspiracy or not, adds salt to the wound and Digital River isn't doing anything about it. It shouldn't matter if you placed a pre-order during the first wave or the second wave. You placed a pre-order for an item and you paid for it. You should get your frickin' product. Anything less is theft.

[quote name='Blaster man']My guide sold on eBay for $50. I only paid $19 for it and I SHOULD be getting another for free.[/QUOTE]

How do the guides sell for $50 when amazon sells them at half the price? Are the guides hard to find as well?

[quote name='navalg1337']How do the guides sell for $50 when amazon sells them at half the price? Are the guides hard to find as well?[/QUOTE]

1. People want them now - instead of waiting for a restock.
2. It wasn't available for order from amazon for a while.

I don't get what's so hard to understand about people being upset about their preorder being cancelled. You can say "well you should have preordered in the summer" all you want, but not everyone was particularly active over the summer. I had things going on that preoccupied me from being on CAG much last summer. I was sad I missed the boat and then ecstatic when I thought I could get in at the last minute.

Shit happens and I'll move on. Just don't sit in your ivory tower and say I don't have any right to be disappointed.

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']Not sure if we're talking about the same thing. I was referring to the book in the wizard edition, not the guide.

I can see people getting upset very easily if suddenly all the cancelled people got the book from the wizards edition, arguably the one thing most wanted from it if they had to pick.[/QUOTE]

I'll say it again, if anyone has an a issue with someone getting something free, I'll glady trade places with them. They can have my free guide and $20 coupon that Digital River pretended to give me and I'll pay for the Wizard Edition.

I don't have any ill will about people who got theirs. Don't wish ill will on me for somehow "lucking out" with free stuff.

[quote name='keine']Well, that's nice. I might end up getting a guide for a game I'll never likely buy , because I'm still bitter at this entire situation.

fuck off , Namco. I'll accept your free gift, but I won't be happy about it. :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

I've never loved a JRPG this much. Just because Digital River screwed up doesn't mean you shouldn't buy such an amazing game :c

[quote name='bonkers1978']It really sux that the legit people got their order cancel while a scalper got 250 copies. 1 person vs 250 unhappy loyal fans, the math doesn't add up.

Man, I'm hoping that I can find a trade for my Wizard Edition for someone SNES EarthBound CIB.[/QUOTE]

That wold be a poor trade. WE =/= EB. Earthbound is legendary. WE is hot this week... not even last summer. Haven't seen P4 Solid Gold mentioned in a couple months, but those people were dying at the time. God even ebay value of WE =/= EB...

Okay, the official statement said in a few days people would be getting e-mails about this. Has ANYONE actually gotten an e-mail from Namco or Digital River about this guide offer?

[quote name='vcheng2k5']Okay, the official statement said in a few days people would be getting e-mails about this. Has ANYONE actually gotten an e-mail from Namco or Digital River about this guide offer?[/QUOTE]

"We know our customers who have had their pre-orders for Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch Wizard's Edition cancelled are looking forward to their free official guide from Prima Games. However, there was another backdoor glitch in our system wherein those with the backdoor link were able to get free copies of the guide even though they had never pre-ordered the Wizard's Edition. We are extremely sorry about these issues and we want our customers to know that we're doing everything possible to fix these issues, but really, we're not doing anything and want to you think we are. Here is a $20 giftcard towards your next purchase at ClubNamco. We know they will probably never shop with us again but we just want to rub it in their faces some more." - DR's Official Response next week

In all seriousness, I'm guessing they probably can't figure out who should get the guide and who shouldn't. There were a lot of people who used the backdoor link and got the WE, but were never charged (they got it for free).

Wait what? Some people who used the backdoor glitch not only get their WEs but also not get charged for it? Now that is news!!!! Reprint reprint for everyone!

If they reprinted this I'd be so pissed honestly. The only reason I wanted this in the first place was because of how limited it was supposed to be. They'd have another right on their hands!

[quote name='KtMack23']If they reprinted this I'd be so pissed honestly. The only reason I wanted this in the first place was because of how limited it was supposed to be. They'd have another right on their hands![/QUOTE]
Yup, riot. And it's another reason they won't be reprinting it on top of the other, bigger reasons.

[quote name='CAGkrazy']Wait what? Some people who used the backdoor glitch not only get their WEs but also not get charged for it? Now that is news!!!! Reprint reprint for everyone![/QUOTE]

Some CAGs reported using the backdoor link to order resulted in them getting a cancellation notice and having their money refunded, and then getting a shipping notice.

[quote name='Vinny']Some CAGs reported using the backdoor link to order resulted in them getting a cancellation notice and having their money refunded, and then getting a shipping notice.[/QUOTE]

wait people who ordered through the backdoor link were not charged?! :hot:

or was it people who got that first "cancellation" email with the $20 coupon that had no order info actually did not get it canceled and the WE shipped without charging them?

either way it seems Namco lost money on actual sales.

Also did Namco actually say they will send out guides to those who got "canceled" on? I find it odd that Namco would have announce it through an exclusive on Destructoid

Just trying to keep this topic alive by periodically checking to see if anyone was contacted by Digital river yet.

Just checked my spam folder and there was an e-mail from Namco 2 days ago!

"Dear Customer:

NAMCO BANDAI would like to thank you for your patience while we diligently worked to gather all of the details surrounding the Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch – Wizard’s Edition situation.

While it is unfortunate that we will not be able to send you a replacement Wizard’s Edition, you will however be receiving a Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch strategy guide.

The 400-page, hard-bound strategy guide contains a full walk-through of the game, concept-art from Studio Ghibli, interviews with key members of the development team, and exclusive access to unlock the in-game Gold Hurly familiar.

We expect to begin shipping the guides out the week of February 18th. There is absolutely nothing additional you need to do to receive your strategy guide –it will simply be sent directly to you.

In the meantime, if you have any questions, please contact NAMCO BANDAI’S customer service department at (408) 235-2222 or (888) 776-2626.

Sincerely,

NAMCO BANDAI Games America"

Finally. Let's hope they follow through on their promises and these guides don't magically get "lost" in the mail.

bread's done
Back