Free OTT after rebate! Scramble an egg while its still inside its shell!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reason why Morrissey is cool #346.

Bill Nye the Science Guy's show actually made a spoof of one his songs/videos on one of his show.
Remember how'd they'd take a popular song and change it to whatever the science topic was.

This show was about momentum.
Naturally, the artist is "Momentisey" and the song is called "The Faster You Push Me (The Farther I Go)"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7u_GsSeRHCw

The original song and video is here. It's called, in great STALKER FASHION, "The More You Ignore Me, The Closer I Get"

Lyrics: (dedicated to 'cafeteria girl')

The more you ignore me
The closer I get
You're wasting your time
The more you ignore me
The closer I get
You're wasting your time

I will be
In the bar
With my head
On the bar
I am now
A central part
Of your mind's landscape
Whether you care
Or do not
Yeah, I've made up your mind

The more you ignore me
The closer I get
You're wasting your time
The more you ignore me
The closer I get
You're wasting your time

Beware !
I bear more grudges
Than lonely high court judges
When you sleep
I will creep
Into your thoughts
Like a bad debt
That you can't pay
Take the easy way
And give in
Yeah, and let me in
Oh, let me in
Oh let me ...
Oh, let me in
IT'S WAR
IT'S WAR
IT'S WAR
IT'S WAR
IT'S WAR
WAR
WAR
WAR
WAR
Oh, let me in
Ah, the closer I get
Ah, you're asking for it
Ah, the closer I get
Ooh, the closer I ...

[quote name='shrike4242']My guess is that it's from the Weasels from Who Framed Roger Rabbit.[/QUOTE]
The Weasel? As in "Whaaaaaats uuup BUuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuddy?"

[quote name='Strell'] Also. Admit now, peons, that S'morissy is the best name ever, and that I simply must create a picture worthy of such prestige.[/QUOTE]

???

So, what are you CAGs playing,
or in dallow's case smoking
, thus weekend?
GRAW 2 & Fable for me, probably Brothers in Arms DS as well.

Wow, no offense Dallow, but Morrisey is some emo crap.

This is like music chicks would dig.

I expected something fantastic with all the hype.

EMO!!!!!~~~~!??????dfafjkh3urh389ru3jhrjk3rhk3

This song is very tongue-in-cheek. It's from his softest, and most gentlest album.
If you want rock, there's plenty other albums to choose from his illustrious career.

I can post a fan favorite if you wish.

[quote name='CommanderKeen93']So, what are you CAGs playing,
, thus weekend?
GRAW 2 & Fable for me, probably Brothers in Arms DS as well.[/QUOTE]

Well I'll be working most of the weekend but on Saturday evening I'm bringing the Wii over to the girlfriends place so my guess would be I'll be playing lots of Mario Party.

[quote name='dallow']The Smiths - How Soon Is Now

Probably his most recognizable song.
Not my favorite, but still excellent lyrics and sound.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2NrIALcNOw[/QUOTE]

What I learned from this video is that T.A.T.U is still around.

Amazing.

This music reminds me too much of the junk I'd hear on the overhead speakers while working at K-Mart - slow, methodical, drawn out, putting me to sleep :lol:

This week will be RE4Wii if I can get a certain CC Coupon to work on Sunday.

If not, probably more Mario Sunshine and Wario World until my GBA games come in.

, thus weekend?
GRAW 2 & Fable for me, probably Brothers in Arms DS as well.[/QUOTE]
Probably Gears of War and Urban Chaos.

I knew I wasn't the only fan.

I also know strummerbs up there who posted the S'Morrisy pic is a fan as well.
He must be! He seems to be knowledgable about music from posts I've read from him.

If you start senorwoohoo, start with either Bona Drag, or Your Aresenal.

, thus weekend?
GRAW 2 & Fable for me, probably Brothers in Arms DS as well.[/quote]It's the game of "finish cleaning up in prep for the guy who's going to finish my basement".

[quote name='shrike4242']It's the game of "finish cleaning up in prep for the guy who's going to finish my basement".[/quote]

I hear that's rare. Is it mint/complete?

[quote name='wubb']

"I still use a fork." -- Dr Mario Kart
[/QUOTE]

I was unsure of the title until I read that.

Also,

Zach Morris > Morrissey

[quote name='senorwoohoo']I like some of the Smiths stuff, but I'm yet to venture into the s'moz's solo stuff.[/QUOTE]

Some of the solo stuff is pretty decent, in my opinion, especially the first album and the singles surrounding it. Morrissey tends to be most palatable when he has another strong musical personality acting to off-set his self-pitying tendancies, like Johnny Marr in the Smiths or Vini Reilly on those early solo tracks.

There's a great story I need to hunt down about how Morrissey asked Joe Strummer to produce one of his albums (the one that Mick Ronson ended up producing, "Your Arsenal", I believe), and Strummer told him that he would only do it if Morrissey covered that terrible "Pop Music" song, which Morrissey didn't exactly jump at.

No call. I think I got served.

I was gonna post a pic from the movie You Got Served, but Google Image Search turned up Gregory Peck, and I couldn't resist.

Ha, very strange that I've never heard that story.

I do remember that Mick Ronson wasn't first choice for producer though, but he did a great job. (died sadly afterward)

I like what Strummer did for the first Libertines album.
Erm, scratch that, what am I thinking?!!
I was thinking of Mick Jones.

[quote name='zewone']I should probably listen to one track of his.[/QUOTE]
I listened to two or three of his albums, for the same reason. Time was completely wasted.

[quote name='Rocko']Is that Atticus Finch? :whistle2:k[/QUOTE]
Yes, yes it is.

And for some reason I have a crapload of bugbites (meaning like 5 or so) on my calves. Had to get up in the middle of the night and search the bathroom for calamine lotion; thankfully there was some.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']No call. I think I got served.[/QUOTE]
He might show up for the date, right?

If I were him, I would have called the girl the day after receiving her number, to confirm the date.

Then I wouldn't have spoken to her until the date, itself.

[quote name='shrike4242']It's the game of "finish cleaning up in prep for the guy who's going to finish my basement".[/quote]

Mafia?

Careful, they may be cheaper, but they'll also hide bodies in your drywall. :shock:

[quote name='Brak']He might show up for the date, right?

If I were him, I would have called the girl the day after receiving her number, to confirm the date.

Then I wouldn't have spoken to her until the date, itself.[/QUOTE]
No time was spoken of though. Only a day.

Found the Strummer story:

JR: I like to ride ‘em, I do. He was a nice guy; he could take it. That would have been nice to see: The Smiths in a small club. As a result, I never saw them until they played the Beacon Theater, far less intimate, a year and a half later, after they’d already been discovered. Would have been great, huh?
Joe: I saw Morrissey not too long ago. Well, probably years ago now. I got a call one day: “Morrissey wants you to produce his next album.” [Jack laughs] And I went, “Alright, who is this? Stop shaggin’ around.” And he went, “No, I’m Terry” from whatever label, I can’t remember, but he was serious. So we went up to see him. It was this horrible show where he was supporting David Bowie at Wembley Arena.

JR: I remember when they did that tour, yeah. Bowie was covering his song “I Know It’s Gonna Happen Someday,” which was a rip-off of Bowie’s “Rock n’ Roll Suicide,” which itself was no coincidence, since Mick Ronson produced that LP for Morrissey. So I am sure he was very serious about having you produce him. He likes working with his old heroes. You know he wrote a book on The New York Dolls before he was in The Smiths—I bet he would ask Thunders to produce him if he was still alive!
Joe: Ahh, but I wasn’t having it. The whole situation was beginning to piss me off. And his manager—it was a lady at the time—she came to me before the show and said, “So, what do you think?” And I said [snaps fingers], because I knew what he wanted to do. He wanted to cover “Can’t Explain,” that was part of the initial phone message. And I tried to imagine Morrissey singing “Got a feelin’ inside…” And I thought this was a stupid idea! So I said, “No, no. I’ve got a plan for Morrissey.” And they went “what is it?” I said, “Let’s have him cover ‘Pop Music’ by M.

JR: Whew. That would have put them off. I never liked that song.
Joe: I wanted to poke them with a stick. You see what I mean? Because the idea of trying to redo “Can’t Explain”—I couldn’t see the point of it. And I threw that in to see what they’d say, and Morrissey threw it right out! He just freaked out and left the venue.

JR: You know he was in The Nosebleeds briefly.
Joe: That’s right. Ed Banger.

JR: Yeah, he replaced Ed for like a week
Joe: What, did Ed go AWOL or something?

JR: I think it was after he went solo.
Joe: Is there any kind of documentation of that?

JR: No
Joe: Wouldn’t that be something!

JR: It was around the time he wrote that books about The Dolls, and was hanging around with Buzzcocks down at their label, the New Hormones offices. Later he became really close friends with Howard Devoto, who you also remember from the old days. Yeah, people don’t know Morrissey’s punk past.
Joe: That’s true. He kept it well hid, I suppose. Or maybe no one asked. He’s proud of it, I guess.

[quote name='dallow']If you start senorwoohoo, start with either Bona Drag, or Your Aresenal.[/QUOTE]

Will do. What can I say, I like the dude's voice.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']No time was spoken of though. Only a day.[/QUOTE]
You got served.

[quote name='dallow']Ha, very strange that I've never heard that story.

I do remember that Mark Ronson wasn't first choice for producer though, but he did a great job. (died sadly afterward)

I like what Strummer did for the first Libertines album.[/QUOTE]

[EDIT: I see you corrected it yourself]

Have to give Morrissey credit for getting the New York Dolls back together. Though I wasn't huge on their new album, the reunion shows have apparently been spectacular.

Dallow, you really owe it to yourself to read the magazine that interview was originally printed in, The Big Takeover, if you don't already. It's fantastic.

[quote name='Rocko']I hear that's rare. Is it mint/complete?[/quote]
It's a single printing, so no copies for you.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']No call. I think I got served.

I was gonna post a pic from the movie You Got Served, but Google Image Search turned up Gregory Peck, and I couldn't resist.[/quote]
Methinks I should go kick his ass for standing you up. :twoguns:

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Mafia?

Careful, they may be cheaper, but they'll also hide bodies in your drywall. :shock:[/quote]I'm supposed to be doing the drywall myself, so I think I'd see the bodies in advance, if they were being hidden there.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']Yes, yes it is.

And for some reason I have a crapload of bugbites (meaning like 5 or so) on my calves. Had to get up in the middle of the night and search the bathroom for calamine lotion; thankfully there was some.[/quote]

Those were my teeth marks. :oops:

[quote name='strummerbs']Hate to be the guy who corrects people on mundane stuff, but Strummer didn't produce the Libertines' albums, it was Mick Jones. Close, though.

Also, have to give Morrissey credit for getting the New York Dolls back together. Though I wasn't huge on their new album, the reunion shows have apparently been spectacular.[/quote]

It's not mundane by any means.
I edited my post right after writing that though.

I realize my stupid mistake and will punish myself when I get home.

[quote name='senorwooho']Will do. What can I say, I like the dude's voice.[/QUOTE]
That's what I'm talking about.

EDIT: Strummer.
I'll check out the mag, thanks. That snippet of interview is great by itself, got to read more.

[quote name='senorwoohoo']Do it.

You really should.

The Cure and 65daysofstatic.

C'mon now, subwaysamich.[/QUOTE] I wish ...

But I'm planning on going to Houston in August, and I can't even really afford that.

Isn't it kind of early to call?

Unless you're on the East Coast, but even then, there's still a couple of hours left to make plans.

[quote name='shrike4242']It's a single printing, so no copies for you.

Methinks I should go kick his ass for standing you up. :twoguns:

I'm supposed to be doing the drywall myself, so I think I'd see the bodies in advance, if they were being hidden there.[/quote]

Uh oh, the guy who stood up DoK is going to end up in Shrikey's drywall.

[quote name='dallow']

EDIT: Strummer.
I'll check out the mag, thanks. That snippet of interview is great by itself, got to read more.[/QUOTE]

Here, take a look at their back issue contents, especially from Issue 55 back. (http://bigtakeover.stores.yahoo.net/bigtakbacis.html)

That should be more than enough to convince you they're worth checking out, aside from the fact the magazine is named for a Bad Brains song.

[quote name='dallow']Reason why Morrissey is cool #346.

Bill Nye the Science Guy's show actually made a spoof of one his songs/videos on one of his show.
Remember how'd they'd take a popular song and change it to whatever the science topic was.

This show was about momentum.
Naturally, the artist is "Momentisey" and the song is called "The Faster You Push Me (The Farther I Go)"

The original song and video is here. It's called, in great STALKER FASHION, "The More You Ignore Me, The Closer I Get"

Lyrics: (dedicated to 'cafeteria girl')[/quote]

We watched that in physics my senior year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back