Free Portal (PC/Mac) via Steam until May 24th!

Sporadic

CAGiversary!
Feedback
53 (100%)
http://store.steampowered.com/freeportal/

Portal used to cost money. Until May 24th, it's free. End of story.

Well, technically speaking, there are some strings attached. Fortunately, they're entirely decorative. We just like the way they look, swaying in the gentle breeze created by a million people simultanously fainting from shock at the news that Portal is free. Now you have no reason not to try Portal.

"I have a reason," some of you are probably typing into an angry email. "You see, sir, I own a Mac."

Well guess what: For the first time ever, Portal is also available for the Mac.

"Capitol news! But the excellent puzzle adventure Portal won over 40 Game of the Year awards; Surely it must cost at least five or six hundred dollars."

You'd think that, especially since it actually won over 70 Game of the Year Awards. But, like we keep saying, Portal is free. Free on the Mac. Free on the PC. But only until May 24th. So you only have a few days to decide if your free copy of Portal is worth the price we're currently charging - which is you ever-so-slightly moving your index finger just barely enough to click the big red "download" button right there to the left.

[quote name='Muitabui']awesome :D
free stuff is always welcomed by steam :D[/QUOTE]
Free stuff is always welcome. Period.

any mac users getting glitches? In the room with the rotating portal gun in the middle (3rd room over all?) the gun doesn't appear, but it shoots portals. Additionally, I can't see through portals. I'm using the new macbook pro

[quote name='flameo2000']any mac users getting glitches? In the room with the rotating portal gun in the middle (3rd room over all?) the gun doesn't appear, but it shoots portals. Additionally, I can't see through portals. I'm using the new macbook pro[/QUOTE]

My mouse wouldnt work the first time. So I deleted it, and reinstalled with no problems so far.

cool, never bothered to DL steam as my laptop can barely run games, but figure I'll download now, get Portal for free for later on when I upgrade to a new laptop. Thanks OP

[quote name='flameo2000']any mac users getting glitches? In the room with the rotating portal gun in the middle (3rd room over all?) the gun doesn't appear, but it shoots portals. Additionally, I can't see through portals. I'm using the new macbook pro[/QUOTE]

They apparently pushed out an update to fix the glitches. They mention black portals and other stuff. In any case it's playing great on my 2009 Mac mini.

What I can't get to work at all is the Steam Overlay which is suppose to show up when you press SHIFT-TAB. Nothing at all.

I just finished it (well, the first part anyway) on my second sitting. Got stuck for quite a while at room 15, couldn't figure out the "double portal"... but after that was pretty smooth.

The stages get better and better, and the story picks up also!

Overall this has been a wonderful experience. I haven't played anything this simple in concept but yet so much variation, inovation and fun for a long time!

I simply loved it.

Wonderful game with only few moments of minor frustration, all gamers must play this!

PS: played it on my new mac book pro i7 with only one prolonged lockup but recovered after about 5-10 seconds.

bread's done
Back