Free Remote Jacket Acessory from Nintendo.

Tried again 24 hours later this time with IE instead. Page wouldn't even load after I submitted.

May just have to call the 1-800 number on this one.

I put it all my stuff and it goes nutso on me and then i go back and do it again and its like I already exceeded my Limit...

I called the 800 number, he said even if it said you exceded your limit, it didn't go through, at least that's what he said, he said keep trying every day or so.

The good news is that if you had problems yesterday you can re-order in 24 hours (which I just did and everything worked this time).

I believe the problem has been fixed. I was able to order 4 MAGNUMS this morning, after getting the message that I had exceeded the number allowed all of yesterday.

Just got mine to work.. I'm not sure if I'll use them since I already have 3rd party skins, but I figure they have to be good to just get since they're free

I emailed them about the 404 error. They sent me the following email.

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear that you had a problem placing your order for the Wii Remote Jacket. We are aware of the problem and are working on a solution. Please wait a few days before trying to place your order again. When you return to the website and place your order again, you should be able to view the order confirmation page displaying your seven-digit order number. This means your order was successfully completed. Considering that orders will not begin shipping until October 15th, the wait should not delay your order once it does go through. On behalf of Nintendo, I thank you for your patience and apologize for any inconvenience.

Sincerely, Nintendo of America Inc.
Travis Wise

Nintendo's home page: http://www.nintendo.com/
Power Line (Automated Product Info): (425) 885-7529

[quote name='Tricky']Hello,

I'm sorry to hear that you had a problem placing your order for the Wii Remote Jacket. We are aware of the problem and are working on a solution. Please wait a few days before trying to place your order again. When you return to the website and place your order again, you should be able to view the order confirmation page displaying your seven-digit order number. This means your order was successfully completed. Considering that orders will not begin shipping until October 15th, the wait should not delay your order once it does go through. On behalf of Nintendo, I thank you for your patience and apologize for any inconvenience.

Sincerely, Nintendo of America Inc.
Travis Wise

Nintendo's home page: http://www.nintendo.com/
Power Line (Automated Product Info): (425) 885-7529[/QUOTE]
I got that same email when I told them that I had registered my serial number for previous straps and that I had exceeded my limit.

Love free stuff, even if it is pretty useless, but considering third party companies are pushing colored jackets on us, I'm glad Nintendo decided to just give them to us. Cut those cheap companies out of their profit on a useless product. I got four!

Just ordered the remote jackets from Nintendo. Used IE and printed out the order confirmation. Haven't received an email confirmation though.

I just tried on firefox, got the 404 error. Tried in IE and said I'd exceeded the limit.

Guess I'll try again in 24 hours and use IE since it seemed to work.

Didn't even realize my order failed to go through yesterday. Submitted again and I actually received a checkout page. Figured since I submitted through my login that everything was automatic. Thanks for the heads up.

Went through everything last night, got order completed (eventually) and printed off the page with my order number and whatnot. Never got a confirmation email though. ; ;

if you got an error message when you submitted...it didnt go through.

I tried again to order the jackets even though the serial number i used had already requested 4 regular wrist straps and the order went through. I guess Nintendo reset all the serial numbers or something because I entered two Wii serials that had exceeded limits and ordered 8. 4 for me, 2 for my cousin and 2 for my coworker.

If you guys are still having problems just call the 800 number. I did that, didn't even wait the 24 hours, told the rep that I got errored out online, and the guy was real nice and put my order thru over the phone. I guess you could also just tell them you don't have Internet access at the moment and they'd do it over the phone without a problem...took all of 3 minutes.

Finally got around to doing this. Put in my order online for 4 jackets with no issues. They have a disclaimer on the "Thank You" page that says:

Due to a high volume of orders being processed, there may be a delay in sending your order confirmation e-mail.

Looks like I have to be patient now....

[quote name='lordwow']Got an error putting in the serial number. Anyway, I managed to finally order the new wriststraps.[/quote]Boy, will you be surprised when that box comes...:roll:

Finally did it this morning with IE.

Don't do this at night, too many requests is probably what's causing the errors.

[quote name='decon']I got the error message also, then I resubmitted and got this...

Wii Remote Jacket Accessory Offer
Our records indicate that your request for additional Wii Remote Jacket(s) has exceeded the maximum quantity allowed per Wii serial number.
If you feel that you have received this message in error, please wait 24 hours and try your request again.If you've already waited 24 hours and are still receiving this message, please contact Nintendo's Consumer Service Department at [email protected] or at 1-866-431-8367. Representatives are available from 6:00 am to 7:00 pm, Pacific Time, seven days a week.
[/quote]

that happened to me as well. i'm going to try again later , otherwise i'll call'em

[quote name='decon']Finally did it this morning with IE.

Don't do this at night, too many requests is probably what's causing the errors.[/QUOTE]Yup. My order finaly went through this morning. Definitely try it in the morning instead of afternoon/night.

I did mine over 24 hours ago and still haven't gotten a confirmation email... Their system must be pretty slowww

I did print off the page with my order number on it though

Tried my 2nd attempt last night. It let me through to the order page; however, I saw that I hadn't logged into nintendo.com yet. So I opened a new page, logged in, and then reloaded the order page. It was slow going just to get to that page; the reload caused an infinite loop reload in IE; I tried starting over again (3rd attempt), but then I got the "exceeded request limit" page, and that I should try again tomorrow.

Tried again just now (4th attempt)--after I logged into nintendo.com--and I got an Order Confirmation Number.:) Still no e-mail, though. Furthermore, it was just as slow now as it was last night.:cold:

So...I better tell my brother it's safe to make a request now. :cool:

The page refuses to load after confirming my serial number, this is my second attempt. I'll give it one more shot before I just call them.

[quote name='unforeseen']I finally received my confirmation email. In English, French, and Spanish.
No Asian languages?[/QUOTE]

Cause you have a N. American Wii. I just did it and got a message saying due to high demand there may be a delay in confirmation emails.

I finally just got mine to go through. It was weird though, it sent to the Nintendo store to do the order after putting in my serial number, which I don't remember doing for the Wiimote straps... but I probably did do that before, but whatever.

Yay for free Wiimote condoms.

when i first saw this thread i got excited, then i saw the pic and realized its a game condom(to get ppl to register) and meant for those who are clumsy with their wiimotes.

Thanks, OP! I tried late last night, and though I live near Seattle, I got hung up on one of the last pages.

I tried again this morning (9:00am PST) and I had no troubles ordering. :)

Good luck everyone!

[quote name='seen']when i first saw this thread i got excited, then i saw the pic and realized its a game condom(to get ppl to register) and meant for those who are clumsy with their wiimotes.[/QUOTE]

free schwag is free schwag.

anyone get their condoms yet?

[quote name='seen']when i first saw this thread i got excited, then i saw the pic and realized its a game condom(to get ppl to register) and meant for those who are clumsy with their wiimotes.[/quote]

The extra 3 months on the warranty is enough for most people to register.

Free is free.

bread's done
Back