Free Samples thread

IMPORTANT SAFETY NOTICE FOR THOSE WHO RECEIVED

THE MARLBORO 3-in-1 FLASHLIGHT

In case you didn't get this email, there is a voluntary recall. (I will keep mine)

Marlboro Country Uncovered Promotion

IMPORTANT SAFETY NOTICE

April 2014

Dear Valued Customer,

In cooperation with the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, Altria Group Distribution Company (“AGDC”) is conducting a voluntary recall of the 3-in-1 Flashlight, Compass and Match Holder, pictured below, which was distributed through the Marlboro Country Uncovered Promotion.  Matches inside the match holder can ignite when in contact with the striker pad beneath the compass cap, posing burn and injury hazards to consumers.  Our records indicate that you were shipped one of the 3-in-1 Flashlights.

​
Please immediately stop using the 3-in-1 Flashlight and follow the instructions below to participate in this voluntary recall and receive another premium item:

1.  Hold the flashlight so the compass is at the top.

2.  Remove the compass cap.

3.  Remove and safely dispose of or store the matches.

4.  Hold on to the compass cap until you receive the notification with the return kit instructions and keep out of reach of children.

We are sending you a formal notification in the mail over the next 1-4 weeks with instructions on how to return the compass cap and participate in this voluntary recall program.

After we receive the compass cap back, we will send you another premium item.

If you gave away the 3-in-1 Flashlight, please provide the recipient the toll-free number below and advise the recipient that you will soon be receiving a more detailed notification on how to participate in this voluntary recall.

Please note that under federal law it is illegal to sell, offer for sale or distribute in commerce a consumer product that has been recalled in cooperation with the CPSC after CPSC has announced the recall publicly or if the seller/distributor knows or should know of the recall.

If you have any questions about the recall, visit www.3in1flashlightrecall.com or call us at 888-597-5387.

Thank you for participating in this program.  We apologize for any inconvenience.

I still have the little sponge inside of my flashlight, so this shouldn't be a concern for me. Plus it's an awesome little light. I do wonder what the replacement gift is, though.

Last edited by a moderator:
I never got my flashlight...

EDIT: Just checked my account and it is processing. Oh well, got 2 free zippos :)

I still have the little sponge inside of my flashlight, so this shouldn't be a concern for me. Plus it's an awesome little light. I do wonder what the replacement gift is, though.
Same here. The gift would need to be equally cool for me to exchange it.

Lol, their faq is hilarious.

• Can I keep using the flashlight without the matches?
    No. You should immediately stop using the flashlight. Do not return the entire flashlight; only return the compass cap in the prepaid envelope we will send you in the next few weeks. Properly dispose of the remaining components of the flashlight.

The replacement is a carabiner key chain. I just got it today in place of the flashlight.
Thanks for letting us know! I don't want to gimp my awesome little flashlight, but I was really curious about what the replacement is. I'm glad I threw away the shipping labels I got today because I love this flashlight and I have absolutely no need for a carabiner.

Thanks for letting us know! I don't want to gimp my awesome little flashlight, but I was really curious about what the replacement is. I'm glad I threw away the shipping labels I got today because I love this flashlight and I have absolutely no need for a carabiner.
Yeah, it is a piece of junk. I didn't even have the option, they just sent it in the flashlights place with a letter. :/

Got my tea a few days ago! Tried 2 of them one was really good, but the other I didn't like. They also sent an online only coupon, which sucks because of the shipping and a minimum order requirement. I would have preferred a manufacturers coupon that I could use at any store.

bread's done
Back