Free Samples thread

haven't got my guitar picks either, it said 8-10 days and it's been at least a month. Not to mention they never sent them the first time i signed up last year

Haven't tried this out myself, but it was too funny not to share: free sample of hangover "cure" NightFever:

http://www.sosnightfever.com/us-accueil.php

Click on "Try Nightfever Efficiency"--NOT the part that says "Where to buy Nightfever"

Warning: this site has annoying music (damn French!).

I'm a bit wary since they spell the word "Address" wrong, however it is a French-based company, so that might be part of it.

Also just did a free bacon salt sample and "Don't Snort It" sticker from here:
http://www.dontsnortit.com/getinvolved.php

I'll let you guys know if/when that shows up.

[quote name='skateraXVIII']I was just looking up prodlix.com and found out that it may in fact actually be a phishing scam.

http://slickdeals.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1355081

Here's an article from slickdeals.net. I don't know if this info is credible but to be safe I'd AVOID PRODLIX.COM AND THEIR FREE GUITAR PICK OFFER.
[/QUOTE]

I put my legitimate e-mail address in it, so...what does that mean? They now have my E-mail, my address...

I don't see how it could be phishing, since it never asked for a password for anything...

[quote name='AlphaPanda']I put my legitimate e-mail address in it, so...what does that mean? They now have my E-mail, my address...

I don't see how it could be phishing, since it never asked for a password for anything...[/QUOTE]

I only have a vague understanding of what a phishing site is but from what I've heard it looks like (after searching around the internet) that NOBODY has received their free guitar picks, and it looks like prodlix.com collects basic information and could possibly be dangerous. Also you not only entered your address, but probably your name, phone #, etc. Supposedly phishing sites are more so dangerous if you click on their link from your email, I'm not sure if this is true but like I said take my info as you see fit.

It's not a phishing site, phishing is when a site pretends to be another site to get login info and stuff. Like when you get those emails telling you your bank account has been compromised and to click the link and login to fix it.

[quote name='GenPirate']It's not a phishing site, phishing is when a site pretends to be another site to get login info and stuff. Like when you get those emails telling you your bank account has been compromised and to click the link and login to fix it.[/QUOTE]

Good to know.

If you don't mind "creating" a fake business, try out 4imprint dot com. Can't type link because i'm a noob. i received a sweet business type trapper keeper thing and a nice camera bag. free samples. just have to have your own "business". totally legit.

[quote name='metalordeath']If you don't mind "creating" a fake business, try out 4imprint dot com. Can't type link because i'm a noob. i received a sweet business type trapper keeper thing and a nice camera bag. free samples. just have to have your own "business". totally legit.[/QUOTE]

Are you sure this is legal? They have some things that go up to at least ten bucks that you can request samples of. I'm all for free stuff, but not if it gets me in trouble.

[quote name='metalordeath']If you don't mind "creating" a fake business, try out 4imprint dot com. Can't type link because i'm a noob. i received a sweet business type trapper keeper thing and a nice camera bag. free samples. just have to have your own "business". totally legit.[/QUOTE]

i just ordered a messenger bag and it said that you might have to return the bag after a certain period. >_>

I haven't had to return anything. It's perfectly legal as far as I know. I guess I should have said do so at your own risk. You can get any 3 items so long as they are under 10 or 15$ I believe. I learned about it from a "street artists" forum FWIW.

[quote name='angeezy']Did anyone get their halo megabloks figure yet?[/QUOTE]

I was just thinking about this today...I haven't yet.

[quote name='angeezy']Did anyone get their halo megabloks figure yet?[/QUOTE]

just got mine today

[quote name='bobright']is it just me or is vitaminwater no longer offered? dont see any mention of free bottle[/QUOTE]

Same

[quote name='pixi']Thanks
ordered free tampons
impossible for me to use them[/QUOTE]

They are great if you have a nosebleed or need to soak up a large amount of liquid like a lake

bread's done
Back