Free Windows Vista, Office, Money and more - Just forfeit your privacy!

iowaholdem

CAGiversary!
Feedback
17 (100%)
That's right! For the small price of your privacy, you can get the following Microsoft products for free:
  • Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate (32-bit and 64-bit DVD)
  • Microsoft Office Ultimate 2007
  • Microsoft Money Plus Premium
  • Microsoft Student with Encarta Premium 2008
  • Microsoft Streets and Trips 2008
Just visit http://wfp.microsoft.com (WFP = Windows Feedback Program) and agree to install a sort of tracking software on your computer for three months and you'll get ONE those programs for free.

Note that you will receive your product only after we have confirmed that you have:
  • Entered a valid e-mail and shipping address.
  • Fully completed the survey.
  • Downloaded and installed the software on Windows Vista or Windows XP.
  • Used our software for at least 3 months on a Windows Vista or Windows XP computer that is periodically connected to the internet.
We will verify that you’ve used the Windows Feedback Program software for three months, and then we’ll send your gift to you. If we detect that your computer does not send data, we will notify you.
Limit one gift per person. This offer is non-transferable. This offer expires on 12/31/2007, while supplies last, and is not redeemable for cash. Taxes, if any, are your sole responsibility.

Requirements?
  • Participation is currently limited to US residents of 18 years and older.
  • You are the owner of the computer you use for this program.
  • The automated feedback program is offered to Windows Vista and Windows XP customers only.
  • The survey feedback program applies to all versions of Windows.
  • Microsoft, comScore, and MarketTools employees are not eligible to participate.
What exactly am I installing?
You will be installing a small application called "Windows Feedback Panel" on your PC. This application starts up automatically every time you log in to Windows and silently collects data about your PC's hardware and settings as well as some basic information about how you use your PC. The first time the application runs, it also collects information about how your files are organized.
Personally, I'm going to bite. I've just created a second partition for a clean install of XP that I'll install the tracking software on for three months and then delete that partition and continue to go about my merry way. I'll pop in on that XP partition from time to time to fulfil the requirements of occasionally accessing the internet and answering feedback surveys.

So ask yourself this: "Am I willing to sell my privacy to Microsoft for some free software?" If so, go ahead and sign up. If not, and understandably so, avoid this like the plague.

UPDATE!
If you plan to dual boot, that is to say you have two partitions (one with your personal OS and another with your WFP OS), I just found a great fix to hide and lock on partition from the other. So, what you do is log in to your WFP OS, follow the steps on this page: Hide and lock any drive(s) using regedit - ZomgStuff Forum and then your personal OS (and files) should be fully hidden and locked away from anyone trying to access them from your WFP OS.

[quote name='Neo Queen Serenity']Finally got a survey email from Microsoft a couple days ago.[/quote]

Hmmm I haven't seen any surveys from them yet. I hope I didn't overlook it in my spam folder and delete it!

I guess around the end of March our 3 month participation should be up?

I was worried about not getting a survey so I e-mailed MS. I found this on the FAQ message I got back:

I have not received a survey from you yet. Should I be worried?
You may receive an occasional invitation to participate in a Windows product survey, but if you don’t get invited to a survey it only means we have not had a survey request that matches your areas of interest.

My participation requirements will end on March 11th. I actually haven't accessed that partition in a couple months, but I did get the email from them that said that I have been fulfilling the requirements so far. So we'll see what happens come the 11th.

[quote name='iowaholdem']My participation requirements will end on March 11th. I actually haven't accessed that partition in a couple months, but I did get the email from them that said that I have been fulfilling the requirements so far. So we'll see what happens come the 11th.[/quote]

Did they actually tell you your participation ends then or did you just guess that based on when you signed up?

[quote name='iowaholdem']Based on when I signed up.[/quote]

I went back and checked. It looks like I signed up the same day as you so my participation should be up around the 11th. I would imagine most people that got in on the software giveaway probably signed up then as well seeing as the offer didn't last very long.

I already received my Vista, they sent me two keys, a 64-bit dvd and a 32-bit dvd... stating I am only able to activate one. I wonder if I can activate both somehow? Anyway, I never participated in any of the surveys. Very nice!

Sweet I got the following e-mail tonight. I sent them an e-mail a few days ago when I realized that I hadn't gotten a survey asking if I was doing everything I needed to in order to qualify:

Thank you for your recent email sent to [email protected].

This message is to notify you that your 3 months participation term completes next week, and we are getting ready to ship your product. Please allow 4-6 weeks for delivery. You will receive another email from us when shipments have gone out.

We have received many product selection changes and mailing address corrections from program participants and are currently working on completing those changes prior to shipping.

You are free to uninstall our feedback tool after March 11, 2008 using this utility: http://wfp.microsoft.com/App_Client/wfpclean.exe

Please do not remove yourself from the program by sending a “remove” request to [email protected] until your product selection has arrived, though, so that we can resend it to you in case you don’t receive it.

If you had a different question, we apologize for this automated response. Please resend your question to [email protected].

Thank You,
The Windows Experience Team

Got this tonight

Thank you for participating in the Windows Feedback Program!

This message is to notify you that your 3 months participation term has completed, and we are getting ready to ship your product. Please allow 4-6 weeks for delivery. You will receive another email from us when shipments have gone out.

We have received many product selection changes and mailing address corrections from program participants and believe we have implemented all of those changes. Please verify that the below information is correct and notify us if you need us to make another change prior to shipping.

Your product selection:
Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate (32-bit and 64-bit DVD)

Your address: ....
Another $220 in the pocket. Thanks MS

[quote name='Brenex']Got this tonight

Another $220 in the pocket. Thanks MS[/quote]

I got the same thing this morning. The bottom part of the e-mail talks about being entered into a $5000 sweepstakes if you continue to participate until the end of the month.

I got the confirmation of completion email today too. Vista Ultimate will be here in 4-6 weeks. Excellent. Thanks, Microsoft, I hope you enjoy my info (if you got any...).

I'll go ahead and stick it out for the sweepstakes entry. I don't need that 11 GB partition anyways. Sweet. I won't complain!

Looks like the prizes are just about to ship. I just got this "LAST CALL FOR ADDRESS CHANGES" e-mail:

This message is to notify you that we are ready to ship your product. Please allow until end of April for delivery. You will receive another email from us when shipments have gone out.

We have received many product selection changes and mailing address corrections from program participants and have implemented all of those changes. Please verify that the below information is correct and notify us if you need us to make another change prior to shipping. At this point in time, we can only take address corrections, which you can submit here to [email protected].

Please submit address corrections to us no later than Wednesday April 2nd, 2008.

Shipments will be going out with USPS. In case you have moved and did not get to send your new mailing address to us before April 2nd, 2008, please ensure you have a mail forwarding request on file with USPS so that your package gets delivered to your new address.

Your product selection:
Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate (32-bit and 64-bit DVD)

Your address:

[FONT=&quot]We would love to keep you in our program and are working on new incentives. If you continue participating in the automated feedback program through March 30, 2008, you will receive a sweepstakes entry for a chance to win USD $5000 cash. For complete sweepstake rules, including alternative entry methods, visit [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Official Rules, Windows Feedback Program Sweepstakes[/FONT][FONT=&quot]. There is no purchase required to enter. The sweepstakes program is open only to legal residents of the United States who are at least 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Please visit [/FONT][FONT=&quot]http://wfp.microsoft.com[/FONT][FONT=&quot] after March 30th to find out about the new sweepstakes program. The sweepstakes program is in the process of getting renewed after March 30th.[/FONT]
Please do not remove yourself from the program until your product selection has arrived.

Again, thank you VERY MUCH for your participation.

[quote name='nick1990']They would definitely know what is and isn't legal. [/QUOTE]

Tell that to stac. and wang and the companies that they ripped off to make internet exploerer 1-6 and windows 3.1, 3.2, 3.3., windons 95, windows 98, windows 2000, windows me, window xp and xp home edition.

actually I think that microsoft DOES know what is and isnt legal, but even if its legal, they just say, "fuck it" and do it anyways, and let their armada of lawyers duke it out with whoever sues them.

If they decide it is cheaper to steal shit, or do something illegal and get caught and sued, if they make a billion dollars doing it, and they get sued for a paltry10 million dollars, then that means that they made the right decision. Right decision for them at any rate.

edit
i didnt read the entire thread, so If someone already said all of this, it is still worth repeating.

[quote name='omgu8myrice']crap, i havnt gotten any email...[/quote]

None of them? If not you might e-mail MS and ask what's up. Also make sure to check your spam folder.

[quote name='dracula']internet exploerer 1-6 and windows 3.1, 3.2, 3.3., windons 95, windows 98, windows 2000, windows me, window xp and xp home edition.[/QUOTE]

Since when.

[quote name='Chitown021']None of them? If not you might e-mail MS and ask what's up. Also make sure to check your spam folder.[/quote]

i got one when you guys did, but it was like, "you forgot to enter the prize you want, please tell us now"

i told them , and havnt heard a word since. guess ill email them

[quote name='Chitown021']Anyone heard anymore about this or received their prize yet?[/quote]

I think they said if you don't recieve it by the end of April to email them.

I just got this e-mail a few minutes ago...

Thank you for participating in the Windows Feedback Program!
Today we just wanted to send you a quick notification that your free product has been shipped.
Please allow a few days for arrival. If you have not received your free product by May 2nd, 2008, please send an email to this address indicating "product not arrived" in the subject line.
Again, thank you VERY MUCH for your participation. If you'd like to stay in our program for a while longer, we'd be thrilled. We frequently create new research activities for the Windows Feedback Program and would love to be able to invite you to these.
Many greetings!

Stop receiving these emailsIf you would prefer to no longer receive communications from the Windows Feedback Program you must discontinue your participation in the program. To stop participating, visit our opt-out page and enter the email at which you received this message.
Microsoft Corporation
One Microsoft Way
Redmond, WA 98052

Yep, I got that same email less than 10 minutes go. Perfect. Windows Vista, here you come! I wonder how much that fetches on eBay anymore...

Does this thing like enter you whole entire network of computers? Like how my computer i am on now is connected to a router via ethernet cable and we have 2 doing wireless connections. Does this like enter your whole network or watch over your privacy on just one computer?

I got my copy of Vista Ultimate today! It came disk only in a bubble mailer. I was hoping we were going to get the full retail packaged version.

[quote name='Chitown021']I got my copy of Vista Ultimate today! It came disk only in a bubble mailer. I was hoping we were going to get the full retail packaged version.[/quote]

Cool. Mine should arrive tomorrow then.

sweet!
I got the email that mine was sent out and should be here by May 2nd.
Bummed that its not the retail package.
I assume that means it is the OEM version, can you confirm?
How much do you think this will fetch on the fleabay? $150??? I would like to have this fund GTAIV and some other stuff.

[quote name='Chitown021']I got my copy of Vista Ultimate today! It came disk only in a bubble mailer. I was hoping we were going to get the full retail packaged version.[/quote]

Here's a picture of what I got:
DSC02863.jpg

[quote name='devildr1ver']i also got mine, so how much would they fetch for on ebay? ( i know its allready asked but ha)[/quote]

I'm debating on whether to install it (I hesitate b/c XP is working fine and from what I've read Vista is a major resource hog), save it in case I decide to build a new system, or see how much I can get for it.

EDIT: Oh I forgot to add earlier for those who might be wondering, my package was shipped from West Virginia.

I got my copy of office from this a couple days ago, disk only in bubble mailer as well. have been watching ebay for its prices, and of the 6 auctions I could find that had the same thing, 5 of them were pulled. i just had them in my watch list, so I am not sure if the others were cancelled by user or pulled by ebay. they said in the auctions where they got them from, so not sure if that makes me somehow against the rules since its not for resale, or what the problem was.

Now I dont know if I should just install it or find someone local that wants to buy it. I guess you could toss it on craigslist :D

[quote name='opterasis']Has anyone opened it yet? I would like to know if it's the 32 and 64 bit versions or just 32 before I open it.[/quote]All Vista discs are the same. So it'll have 32 bit and 64 bit versions of every level of the operating system. However, you should have both the 32 and 64 bit serial numbers in there somewhere. I don't actually have my disc yet, so i can't be sure.

[quote name='iowaholdem']All Vista discs are the same. So it'll have 32 bit and 64 bit versions of every level of the operating system. However, you should have both the 32 and 64 bit serial numbers in there somewhere. I don't actually have my disc yet, so i can't be sure.[/QUOTE]

The OEM versions of the disk are either 32 or 64-bit, only the retail versions are both. Since it comes in a paper sleeve instead of a retail box, it could be either version.

got my copy of Vista in the mail yesterday. i havent opened the package yet but, on the cd is says 32-bit software only.

my vista ultimate arrived yesterday, as well. There was a 32-bit version and 64-bit version of vista ultimate, each with their own unique product keys, inside the plastic wrap.

[quote name='opterasis']Has anyone opened it yet? I would like to know if it's the 32 and 64 bit versions or just 32 before I open it.[/quote]

I believe it brings both the 32-bit & 64-bit versions. For those who haven't removed the wrapping around the sleeves, if you look closely at the sleeves from the side you will see that there are two CD paper sleeves(2 DVDs). As far as I know, every version of Vista comes on only one DVD. The top one which you can see is the 32-bit version and the other is the 64-bit version.

[quote name='heyo007']my vista ultimate arrived yesterday, as well. There was a 32-bit version and 64-bit version of vista ultimate, each with their own unique product keys, inside the plastic wrap.[/quote]

Does that mean there is two installs?
I mean I could sell one and install another and they are not tied together so both would work
If so that is awesome definitely worth three months of doing nothing.

Looks like all ebay auctions for the vista ultimate for WFP are getting pulled. Several people listed that they got it from WFP and others showed the not for resale text on the cd so looks like if you want to flip it you will have to go craigslist or some other method.

Got my product today, I was worried though that I wouldn't cause I never received any notice that I would

bread's done
Back