Free Xbox 360 Games (from Trainn...who is updating slowly)

the phone number for Amazing Web Stores that is on the main page tells me it cannot be completed as dialed.

Is 800-497-4988 working for you guys? I'm just going to cancel and forget it.

Well I did a bunch of offers last year, including a number that were run through Pacific WebWorks and they always credited instantly for me so I was surprised Amazing WebStores didn't credit instantly. I didn't usually clear cookies since I never had in the past but after having GotVoice and Amazing WebStores not go through instantly I started clearing them beforehand and got instant credit from Credit Check Total, so I guess I will clear out cookies from now on.

I am just going to call and cancel Amazing WebStores today so I don't get charged. Hopefully I will at least get a cancellation email that I can use for an MCR.

Also I suggest you be careful with Pacific WebWorks offers. Two offers I did last year charged me the full amount even after I canceled the account before the trial ended. I had to file a dispute with my CC company and call Pacific WW a number of times to get them to take the charge off. When you call them ask what the billing date is supposed to be and check your CC that day. If they charge you immediately call your CC company and dispute the charge. Call Pacific and complain as well. Both times they said it was a "mistake" that they billed, but whatever. Also make sure you ask for a confirmation number when you call to cancel and keep the number!

[quote name='GLOCKGLOCK']Well I did a bunch of offers last year, including a number that were run through Pacific WebWorks and they always credited instantly for me so I was surprised Amazing WebStores didn't credit instantly. I didn't usually clear cookies since I never had in the past but after having GotVoice and Amazing WebStores not go through instantly I started clearing them beforehand and got instant credit from Credit Check Total, so I guess I will clear out cookies from now on.

I am just going to call and cancel Amazing WebStores today so I don't get charged. Hopefully I will at least get a cancellation email that I can use for an MCR.

Also I suggest you be careful with Pacific WebWorks offers. Two offers I did last year charged me the full amount even after I canceled the account before the trial ended. I had to file a dispute with my CC company and call Pacific WW a number of times to get them to take the charge off. When you call them ask what the billing date is supposed to be and check your CC that day. If they charge you immediately call your CC company and dispute the charge. Call Pacific and complain as well. Both times they said it was a "mistake" that they billed, but whatever. Also make sure you ask for a confirmation number when you call to cancel and keep the number![/quote]

Thanks for the heads up, I won't try Pacific.

[quote name='gimmepilotwings']Thanks for the heads up, I won't try Pacific.[/quote]

I wouldn't let one bad experience deter you from doing the Pacific Webworks offers. They are the best offers on the whole site. $1.95 each, one number to call, almost always credit instantly, and there's like 6 of them. So for $12, you could have 3 $60 games (assuming you don't have to do a MCR). I've done a ton of PW offers, and never had a problem besides their phones being busy sometimes when I try to call to cancel. But canceling is hassle-free, and usually takes under 2 minutes.

If you're close to the end of your trial and can't get through, send an email to their support ([email protected]) saying you want to cancel but can't get through. Then keep trying to call throughout the day, but at least if you can't get through you can say you tried and have the email as proof.

These are the Pacific Webworks offers currently up: Amazing Web Stores, Chuck Mullaney Teaches Ebay, eAuction Tutor, Google SEO Supervisor, Increase My Margin, QuickBooks Quick Start, Yahoo Success Center

[quote name='msane']I wouldn't let one bad experience deter you from doing the Pacific Webworks offers. They are the best offers on the whole site. $1.95 each, one number to call, almost always credit instantly, and there's like 6 of them. So for $12, you could have 3 $60 games (assuming you don't have to do a MCR). I've done a ton of PW offers, and never had a problem besides their phones being busy sometimes when I try to call to cancel. But canceling is hassle-free, and usually takes under 2 minutes.

If you're close to the end of your trial and can't get through, send an email to their support ([email protected]) saying you want to cancel but can't get through. Then keep trying to call throughout the day, but at least if you can't get through you can say you tried and have the email as proof.

These are the Pacific Webworks offers currently up: Amazing Web Stores, Chuck Mullaney Teaches Ebay, eAuction Tutor, Google SEO Supervisor, Increase My Margin, QuickBooks Quick Start, Yahoo Success Center[/quote]

I thought it was one site specifically. Amazing Web Stores = no email, no instant signup. eAuction has worked well for me though. Can I email support about this issue? The number above isn't letting me call.

[quote name='msane']I wouldn't let one bad experience deter you from doing the Pacific Webworks offers. They are the best offers on the whole site. $1.95 each, one number to call, almost always credit instantly, and there's like 6 of them. So for $12, you could have 3 $60 games (assuming you don't have to do a MCR). I've done a ton of PW offers, and never had a problem besides their phones being busy sometimes when I try to call to cancel. But canceling is hassle-free, and usually takes under 2 minutes.

These are the Pacific Webworks offers currently up: Amazing Web Stores, Chuck Mullaney Teaches Ebay, eAuction Tutor, Google SEO Supervisor, Increase My Margin, QuickBooks Quick Start, Yahoo Success Center[/quote]

Yes, I had a bad experience with Yahoo Success and Google SEO Supervisor offers charging me after I had canceled the trial and now with Amazing Web Stores not giving me credit or an email, BUT I would not advise against trying out the offers from them due to what msane posted above. I had no issues with Quickbooks and Increase My Margin and a couple others that are no longer offered on the site. I will probably try out the Chuck Mullaney offer soon.

I'm just giving you the heads-up to watch your account when you sign up. If you get charged call both your CC and Pacific WW immediately! I did so and all charges were removed so no harm in the end (other than spending time on the phone with both my CC company and Pacific WW). Actually this is good practice with any offers you sign up on Free360games.com. Its better to bring up an issue immediately rather than waiting for your CC statement to come a month later.

Good luck!

[quote name='thrillednchilled']What company are they ordering them for since Amazon is out of stock?[/quote]

No idea. I'm at work, my girlfriend just called me to tell me that it came. I'll update tonight with shipping info.

[quote name='msane']These are the Pacific Webworks offers currently up: Amazing Web Stores, Chuck Mullaney Teaches Ebay, eAuction Tutor, Google SEO Supervisor, Increase My Margin, QuickBooks Quick Start, Yahoo Success Center[/quote]

How are you guys doing more than one? 6 different credit cards? If I recall correctly, they don't take VCC's right?

[quote name='spamminator']
How are you guys doing more than one? 6 different credit cards? If I recall correctly, they don't take VCC's right?[/quote]

I used a different CC for all of them. Couldn't get the VCC or GCs that I have to work. I want to say I used to be able to use GCs, but not any longer.

Also just called to cancel Amazing Web Store, as u sual it was really easy and they said they would send me a confirmation email, but we'll see. This MCR should be fun...

GHII has arrived!!!!!

It came from RED OCTANE. But this sucks because no gift returns are allowed. What can I do with this thing??

Has anyone ordered a GH2 bundle from amazon any time soon? I need an RMA so i can get store credit (it's a long shot, i know :/)

I just talked to a representative from Amazing Stores and asked him to send me a confirmation e-mail, and they just said that I should of printed out that page with my records on them.

I told them I need this in e-mail form because obviously I can't fax a paper out to TRAINN.
The man sounded confused, and just said "I'm sorry but I don't think I can do anything for you."

Sick.

Hey, this ticket response I just got from TRAINN about their tax calculations may have some relevance to others as well.

I have a question about taxes. My understanding is that if I receive over $600 in games from TRAINN in 2008, you will send me a 1099 in early 2009 and I will need to claim them as winnings on my income tax return.

My question is, do the two games I requested on 12/29/07 count as 2007 "winnings" because I requested them in 2007, or 2008 "winnings" because I received them in January 2008?

Additionally, is there a way to find out my total approximate "winnings" cash value for 2008 so far, including my orders that are currently in process?

Thank you,
xxxxxxx

Date: 2008-04-11
Response 1:

The amount is calculated by when the orders are placed so they would count towards 2007.

The current value of the games ordered, including GTA, from 2008, is $416.

I left in the value in case it also helps people calculate their approximate totals. That's $416 for 2 GHIII bundles, 1 Rock Band, 1 Rock Band guitar, and 1 GTAIV. And a total actual investment of $19. :)

[quote name='dcgm']GHII has arrived!!!!!

It came from RED OCTANE. But this sucks because no gift returns are allowed. What can I do with this thing??

Has anyone ordered a GH2 bundle from amazon any time soon? I need an RMA so i can get store credit (it's a long shot, i know :/)[/quote]

open it and play it?

i could be wrong but i think the days of ordering an expensive game and exchanging for gift certs from amazon (i.e. abusing the system) have ended.

[quote name='dcgm']GHII has arrived!!!!!

Has anyone ordered a GH2 bundle from amazon any time soon? I need an RMA so i can get store credit (it's a long shot, i know :/)[/quote]

Mine's probably from Red Octane too then. To me it looks like Amazon has discontinued the GHII bundle, so I doubt anyone still has their order form from several months ago.

[quote name='SuikodenX']I just talked to a representative from Amazing Stores and asked him to send me a confirmation e-mail, and they just said that I should of printed out that page with my records on them.

I told them I need this in e-mail form because obviously I can't fax a paper out to TRAINN.
The man sounded confused, and just said "I'm sorry but I don't think I can do anything for you."

Sick.[/quote]

Again,

what number did you dial for amazing stores? I have tried dialing 800-497-4988 from my work phone, and my cell phone, and I get "The call cannot be completed as dialed" phone operator message.

[quote name='gimmepilotwings']Again,

what number did you dial for amazing stores? I have tried dialing 800-497-4988 from my work phone, and my cell phone, and I get "The call cannot be completed as dialed" phone operator message.[/quote]

I used the 1-800-497-4988 number when I canceled this morning.. It took a couple of attempts to get through. I got a busy signal a couple of times. I would suggest to just keep trying.

Edit: Just tried the number again for the hell of it & got right through.

[quote name='gimmepilotwings']Again,

what number did you dial for amazing stores? I have tried dialing 800-497-4988 from my work phone, and my cell phone, and I get "The call cannot be completed as dialed" phone operator message.[/quote]

Yes, that is it. I just called a couple hours ago. Select option #2 in the automated menu.

[quote name='Joph']i called to request a confirmation email and they canceled my account. haha. they did however send me a email saying my account was canceled. so i guess i can try and use that as a MCR. i have no idea. i guess im out $1.95 oh well.

and yes i cleared my cookies before.[/quote]

Unfortunatly Trainn isn't going to accept a cancellation email. I tried the same thing and they denied my MCR, stating it needs to be the signup confirmation email.

[quote name='GLOCKGLOCK']Yes, that is it. I just called a couple hours ago. Select option #2 in the automated menu.[/quote]

I have tried that number all day long no dice.

I was able to get through and cancel with

801-578-9020 though.

Rig might want to update the FAQ with this number as an alternate.

[quote name='gimmepilotwings']I have tried that number all day long no dice.

I was able to get through and cancel with

801-578-9020 though.

Rig might want to update the FAQ with this number as an alternate.[/quote]

I will add it. The first number worked for me earlier today.

I still haven't gotten Pacific to e-mail me something on the Amazing Web Stores. Gah, annoying. I have to cancel it tomorrow too.

[quote name='Okatha']I still haven't gotten Pacific to e-mail me something on the Amazing Web Stores. Gah, annoying. I have to cancel it tomorrow too.[/quote]

Yea, I gave up on them today and just canceled, they never responded to my emails and when I submitted my info through the support form on their website all they sent me back was my user ID and password. They actually did send me an email confirming that I canceled. I know someone posted that TraInn wont honor any of these for an MCR, but I'm definitely going to submit it and possibly follow it up with an email to TraInn support telling them the details how I never received an email from them. Their customer support has been good to me in the past so hopefully it works out.

On a positive note, I received my Condemned 2 today! That is 4 day turnaround! Wow! I might just have to place a pre-order for GTAIV if this is how they are going to operate from now on. Bravo, TraInn!

My GHII came from Red Octane as well. Ordered and shipped on 4/11. I put my order in back in Febrary... Oh well, glad it finally got here.

Edit: Whoa. Just noticed they paid 47 dollars for shipping.

[quote name='ChessPieceFace']Hey, this ticket response I just got from TRAINN about their tax calculations may have some relevance to others as well.

I left in the value in case it also helps people calculate their approximate totals. That's $416 for 2 GHIII bundles, 1 Rock Band, 1 Rock Band guitar, and 1 GTAIV. And a total actual investment of $19. :)[/quote]

Thanks for posting that. For whatever reason I thought it was related to when they actually ordered the game. Looks like I can order 2 more games and stay under $600 for the year.

[quote name='nyj1218']open it and play it?

i could be wrong but i think the days of ordering an expensive game and exchanging for gift certs from amazon (i.e. abusing the system) have ended.[/quote]

Did it just a couple of weeks ago. (As in, I have had amazon credit now for about two weeks.)

[quote name='PlumeNoir']Did it just a couple of weeks ago. (As in, I have had amazon credit now for about two weeks.)[/QUOTE]
Yup, same here.

If my second GHIII ever comes, and it's from Amazon (two big "ifs" after four $!#@ing weeks), I plan to do it again. No more than twice, though... I legitimately planned to keep those two orders, and they legitimately took too long to arrive, so I'm legitimately returning them. No guilt. :)

[quote name='nyj1218']open it and play it?

i could be wrong but i think the days of ordering an expensive game and exchanging for gift certs from amazon (i.e. abusing the system) have ended.[/quote]
I hate guitar hero. I also suck at it.

Thanks for your opinion on the matter though, I appreciate judgment being passed on me even though no one asked you how you felt.

By the way, you aren't "abusing the system" by doing a gift return. You're giving amazon the merchandise back in exchange for store credit. No one is getting cheated. I do this all the time with items such as rock band drums; instead, I order a ps3 game or something else I want.

I need 1 more credit..I have an American Express gift card. Please tell me an offer I can do to finish and order my drums!

These are the ones I have done:
At Home Rewards
Privacy Matters
Stamps.com
Deal Max
Zooba
Complete Home
Great Fun

Havent been here in a while but just ordered me GTA IV, and im gonna get back into the swing of things. I see theres a good amount of new offers, how long did it take for you guys to get credit for gotVoice? and how long did it take before the email came after they retrieved your voicemail thing?

[quote name='munch']For those of you not getting instant credits, are you clearing your cookies beforehand? I've found that that really helps.[/quote]

Yup, I always clear my cookies and browsing history before doing an offer. I did 2 offers that night to try to order GTA4. One offer credited fine the next day, as it said that it would. GotVoice did not credit instantly and still hasn't credited. However, I did use a K7 number, but others have received credit when using a K7 number, so I don't think that caused the issue.

Guitar Hero II just came via FedEx from RedOctane. Trainn paid $46 for Overnight shipping. Still waiting on credit for Grant Consultant and First Club Save. Anybody recommend Condemned 2? I loved the first one and I'm thinking of getting it.

[quote name='munch']I just canceled Amazing Web Store. Totally painless and easy.[/quote]

ani132.gif

[quote name='spamminator']Guess no one has tried. You can always submit one and see what happens. The longer you wait, the less likely they are to honor your request.[/quote]

I requested them to change my order which they confirmed that they would and I still got the GHII yesterday.

Got a response to my support ticket and got my GH II order changed to GH III so I can get it before I move. I'd rather have the wireless guitar anyway. I'll just sell/trade my GH III disc and get the GH II one.

Sorry to double post, but has anyone done Columbia house? And if you have, if you get a game, does it count for your credit? If it does, then that is 5 games at 50 cents plus a credit. Anyone care to try it?

[quote name='Fatso2027']Sorry to double post, but has anyone done Columbia house? And if you have, if you get a game, does it count for your credit? If it does, then that is 5 games at 50 cents plus a credit. Anyone care to try it?[/quote]

if you read the terms u have yuo buy 5 more dvds at 19.99 over the next two years. so if you are down for that -- its fine. i use to do the columbia house way back in the day when it was cds.

[quote name='Fatso2027']Sorry to double post, but has anyone done Columbia house? And if you have, if you get a game, does it count for your credit? If it does, then that is 5 games at 50 cents plus a credit. Anyone care to try it?[/quote]

Where do you see games?

Help! I did the Reunion.com and Amazing web stores offers, not been credited to either one... BUT the worst thing is that the Reunion.com offer just charged me 60 dollars... :( Wasn't it supposed to have a free trial!?!? : /

Stamps and rising star went through fine...

bread's done
Back