Free Xbox 360 Games (from Trainn...who is updating slowly)

Wow what in the world is going on. I tried eMusic yesterday and it failed everytime. Check my email and whatta ya know, i get a confirmation email from them. I already did eAuction without knowing so chances are I wont get this credit since its the same company am i right? I might as well just cancel it now. Trainn's website is waay too glitchy. Did 5 offers so far, no credits still. Been over a week. Had to file 2 mcr's so far.

Oh my god. This is unbelievable. AVOID GOOGLE MONEY TREE. They charged me the $72 claiming I began the 7 trial a day before I really did according to them and thier time differences. I couldnt cancel after 4 days, so instead I called on the sixth day. They said I cancelled on the 7th day and billed me. This is bs to already, but as far as im concerned, doesnt a 7 day trial mean you try it out for 7 DAYS!? Not 6 and a half. I called twice and both gave me the run around. I'll call again and speak to a supervisor. This shit is a scam.

I mean is this not enough proof? They said I began the trial on the 19th and the trial was supposed to end on the 25th? THATS 6 DAYS!

5n3pxu.jpg

[quote name='n0t0ryus1']I mean is this not enough proof? They said I began the trial on the 19th and the trial was supposed to end on the 25th? THATS 6 DAYS!

5n3pxu.jpg
[/QUOTE]

damn man that really blows...keep calling and bitching or threaten to report them.

[quote name='41down']damn man that really blows...keep calling and bitching or threaten to report them.[/quote]

I really dont know what to do at this point. I called 3 times, three different reps, and they all treat me as if im an idiot. One guy says I signed up on the 19th...which would mean the 26th is the 7th day. I cancelled on the 26th, i even have the cancellation number for it. So even still according to thier logic they are wrong, and on my watch i signed up on the 20th. I have no idea what to do seeing as this is the first time ive ever had to deal with such stupidity. Im only 18. Cant file a complaint with chase since it was a debit card. To make matters worse, i got a charge of $2.95 for eauction which i never signed up for. They are affiliated with Yahoo Success Center and when I ask them to cancel eauction, they say they dont see that charge. They only see yahoo success center which i just finished cancelling. I seriously have the worst luck. I knew this whole thing was too good to be true.

Ok i'll try that. Can someone just please confirm that im not missing something? Maybe im just either blind or dumb and dont see how i was supposed to be charged.

Edit: I even have the email on file which i recieved right after I signed up which was Jan. 20th at 1:09AM

i didn't read this giant thread...but did anyone else order the wireless halo headset and not receive it? i got a "your item has shipped" e-mail in NOVEMBER and now they're not responding to any of my e-mails or support tickets. i'm getting kinda pissed. i've sent about 3 e-mails and i submitted a support ticket on Dec 16th. no response whatsoever. blah to them.

Called again and this time is was a girl. She explained that they start the trial as soon as you sign up, so if signed up at 1:05am on the east, they recieved it at 11:05 in Canada since they go by mountain std time. She said i was supposed to cancel on the 23rd because of the weekend. So even though the shipping fee of $3.88 was posted on the 20th and charged on the 21st (not to mention I didnt recieve anything anyway) and the 2nd charge was posted on the 26th and charged on the 27th, it has nothing to do with them, rather my bank.

So in the end I got screwed out of $72 now. Going to hope I recieve my 4 credits, order my games and return them both to walmart that way I can end up $120. A $48 profit which shouldve been a $120 profit. Once again, blame canada.

[quote name='Genocidal']You deserve that charge for return fraud.[/quote]

Elaborate? I cant tell if you are telling me i deserve it in a bad way or I deserve it in a good way.

i believe hes saying since you intended to return it to walmart (that is return fraud, since you didnt purchase the games there), you deserve the 72$ charge....

Also, that is why you follow these 3 rules:
1. Never sign up for something near midnight
2. Cancel before the 5th day if its a 7 day trial and your are planning to cancel
3. Make sure you get a cancellation #, and cancellation email confirmation, so you can report them if necessary.

Mainly #2 though

[quote name='hotrocks']i believe hes saying since you intended to return it to walmart (that is return fraud, since you didnt purchase the games there), you deserve the 72$ charge....

Also, that is why you follow these 3 rules:
1. Never sign up for something near midnight
2. Cancel before the 5th day if its a 7 day trial and your are planning to cancel
3. Make sure you get a cancellation #, and cancellation email confirmation, so you can report them if necessary.

Mainly #2 though[/quote]

Yea I def learned my lesson now. I did have a cancellation # by the way, but that wasnt good enough. And how is that return fraud? Im giving walmart a whole new game in return for store credit. Its a win win situation. I guess he failed to think about it just as I did with this whole situation.

[quote name='n0t0ryus1']Yea I def learned my lesson now. I did have a cancellation # by the way, but that wasnt good enough. And how is that return fraud? Im giving walmart a whole new game in return for store credit. Its a win win situation. I guess he failed to think about it just as I did with this whole situation.[/QUOTE]

Because Walmart's losing money?

Come on man, I'm not against what you're doing or anything because I honestly don't care about ripping off big corporations, but you can't tell me that you don't know what return fraud is.

[quote name='Camwi']Because Walmart's losing money?

Come on man, I'm not against what you're doing or anything because I honestly don't care about ripping off big corporations, but you can't tell me that you don't know what return fraud is.[/quote]

I do know what a return is as well as a fraud. Put em together it amounts to ultimately leading Walmart into losing money. If I give them a Skate 2, what are the chances that it wont sell? Plus....all im doing is taking the store credit and saving it for something better (Killzone 2). So in the end, I give them a hot new game, they give me money, i buy a different one from thier same store with thier own store credit. Nobody is losing nor gaining any money in the process.

just because you think you can rationalize fraud doesnt mean its not fraud. and im not saying i dont even do it, i just realize that im doing it. you should too.

[quote name='PlumeNoir']It's cool. I re-read what I replied to you and realized I may have come off like a dick, which wasn't my intent. We both replied quickly to Camwi saying different things and I just wanted to make sure everyone was on the same page.

No harm, no foul, I hope. :D[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's perfectly cool here. Yes, I'll admit it sounded a bit harsh when I first read it but I figured you probably didn't mean to have it sound that way. It's tough to get someone's tone over a post. :wall:

[quote name='hotrocks']just because you think you can rationalize fraud doesnt mean its not fraud. and im not saying i dont even do it, i just realize that im doing it. you should too.[/quote]

I see what your saying yes. Technically, its "fraud", but I dont see it that way seeing as how it almost never ends up as being fraud. Plus, i need to vent my anger out on someone right? I feel cheated right now. Why not take it out on Walmart?...as if they dont make enough money. Plus my local walmart was the one where the employee got trampled. I'll make them suffer for not having proper security ;)

Alright. That's enough talk about it. Everyone just drop it (please).

---

On topic: I, like others, was told I already canceled my trial for Google Money Tree (since I had already done Media Mogul). Looks like they come up as the same thing, and the company only charges you once.

Now, don't take this like you can sign up for the second one and not cancel; I would still call and try to cancel. But from what I and others have found, it looks like they (the Media Mogul/Google Money Tree people) only open one trial.

[quote name='Rig']Alright. That's enough talk about it. Everyone just drop it (please).

---

On topic: I, like others, was told I already canceled my trial for Google Money Tree (since I had already done Media Mogul). Looks like they come up as the same thing, and the company only charges you once.

Now, don't take this like you can sign up for the second one and not cancel; I would still call and try to cancel. But from what I and others have found, it looks like they (the Media Mogul/Google Money Tree people) only open one trial.[/QUOTE]

do you mean home money experts?

rig, maybe you can put some kind of red flag on media mogul me and google money tree in the op. just to let people know they might get charged a lot of money and/or have trouble getting credit and/or have trouble canceling the offer. i can see someone coming back to the site after taking a hiatus and then doing one of these offers and getting screwed

[quote name='Toaster Driver']i didn't read this giant thread...but did anyone else order the wireless halo headset and not receive it? i got a "your item has shipped" e-mail in NOVEMBER and now they're not responding to any of my e-mails or support tickets. i'm getting kinda pissed. i've sent about 3 e-mails and i submitted a support ticket on Dec 16th. no response whatsoever. blah to them.[/QUOTE]

The Halo headset was one of the first things I ordered (a year ago today, haha) and I had to email them because I never recieved it. Once I contacted them, they sent me out one and I got it in a few days.

i have a weird question. there are currently no games out or coming out anytime soon that i really want. i currently have 7 credits sitting in my account. do you think it would be a waste of time to email trainn and ask them if theyd consider ordering me a 360 arcade console for 6 or 7 credits? me and my gf play my 360 a lot and im getting tired of lugging mine to her house all the time. would be cool if i had an arcade console i could just keep at her place.

i dunno, probably a stupid question...i doubt theyd do it.

Yea, I def DO NOT recommend Google Money Tree to anyone. Dont make the same mistake as me please. On the other hand the wierdness keeps coming. I tried EZGrantSource yesterday only to recieve an error....well watta ya know! I get an email now saying my trial ends on the 4th. Unbelievable.

[quote name='mojoe_24']The Halo headset was one of the first things I ordered (a year ago today, haha) and I had to email them because I never recieved it. Once I contacted them, they sent me out one and I got it in a few days.[/quote]

hmm. well that's sort of encouraging...but i've sent about 4 e-mails and just submitted a 2nd trouble ticket or whatever it's called. i've had no issues with them thus far but this is getting kinda ridiculous.

[quote name='n0t0ryus1']I see what your saying yes. Technically, its "fraud", but I dont see it that way seeing as how it almost never ends up as being fraud. Plus, i need to vent my anger out on someone right? I feel cheated right now. Why not take it out on Walmart?...as if they dont make enough money. Plus my local walmart was the one where the employee got trampled. I'll make them suffer for not having proper security ;)[/QUOTE]

You are a piece of work.

Well, I did eSuccess2u and Free Grant Network last night and got the two credits this morning. Everything went smooth as butter.

The first game I ordered is Bladestorm and I can't wait!

[quote name='Rig']Alright. That's enough talk about it. Everyone just drop it (please).

---

Now, don't take this like you can sign up for the second one and not cancel; I would still call and try to cancel. But from what I and others have found, it looks like they (the Media Mogul/Google Money Tree people) only open one trial.[/quote]

So if you've done one, you can't do the other?

So what are the most cost effective games to get with your 2 credits. (and yes I know, probably the games you don't already have - duh!). I just got my XBOX this month and have picked up Halo 3 (Free), Gears 1&2, Orange Box. I don't have GHWT so that's probably my best bet next, but what else is a good pickup for a game that's price never seems to go down or get discounted?

[quote name='kattman']So what are the most cost effective games to get with your 2 credits. (and yes I know, probably the games you don't already have - duh!). I just got my XBOX this month and have picked up Halo 3 (Free), Gears 1&2, Orange Box. I don't have GHWT so that's probably my best bet next, but what else is a good pickup for a game that's price never seems to go down or get discounted?[/quote]

I would recommend a 4000 MS Points Card. Those are rarely on sale and you can download new maps for gears2 and halo3 and other arcade games. That was the first item I ever ordered from Trainn and I still have like 1000 points left. I've downloaded like 3 games and 1 map add-on.

[quote name='emeraldgsl']I would recommend a 4000 MS Points Card. Those are rarely on sale and you can download new maps for gears2 and halo3 and other arcade games. That was the first item I ever ordered from Trainn and I still have like 1000 points left. I've downloaded like 3 games and 1 map add-on.[/quote]

I would never recommend getting points.. Why get a $50 item when you can get a $60 item. Plus while 4k point cards never go on sale, 1600 card do.. to get the most out of this site, just get the newest game you want, and when your done with it, either sell it on amazon or trade it in goozex and use the credits from either method to get another game or games.

[quote name='homeland']I would never recommend getting points.. Why get a $50 item when you can get a $60 item. Plus while 4k point cards never go on sale, 1600 card do.. to get the most out of this site, just get the newest game you want, and when your done with it, either sell it on amazon or trade it in goozex and use the credits from either method to get another game or games.[/quote]

Seconded. Same reason I wouldn't grab the Street Fighter Fightpad. It's only $40.

I just got a "Notice of Class Action Settlement" email from Stamps.com. Apparently they got sued for charging people after canceling. The records show I was one of those people, anybody else get one of these?

I skimmed it and it looks like if they do settle all anybody would get is 2 months free instead of their money back. Interesting though.

2 free months on stamps.com to allow you to buy stamps over the internet. now that seems like a rewarding compensation. im disappointed i didnt get one of those emails

on another note, skate 2 arrived today. very fast and i think its from amazon but im not sure because i tried to hide the package from myself. with another midterm coming up tomorrow morning i dont think it would be wise to open a new game but i might not be able to help myself

[quote name='homeland']I would never recommend getting points.. Why get a $50 item when you can get a $60 item. Plus while 4k point cards never go on sale, 1600 card do.. to get the most out of this site, just get the newest game you want, and when your done with it, either sell it on amazon or trade it in goozex and use the credits from either method to get another game or games.[/QUOTE]

True, however, if Amazon is truly clamping down on returns if someone really wants points they might as well go for it.

However, it would be wise to look at the list and make sure there is nothing you want or could resell on eBay for a small profit after you buy a 4000 point card. Another thing I would suggest is looking at a list of upcoming games to make sure there is nothing within the next 1-3 months you might want because as far as I know you can sit on your credits at YF360G forever.

On another note, I did Google Money Tree two days ago (at 00:04, which was probably a mistake on my part!) and haven't got credit yet. They did charge me the $3.88 and it cleared my account yesterday. Hopefully I will get credit today or tomorrow, if not I will probably have to do an MCR. :drool:

[quote name='PopSmith']True, however, if Amazon is truly clamping down on returns if someone really wants points they might as well go for it.

However, it would be wise to look at the list and make sure there is nothing you want or could resell on eBay for a small profit after you buy a 4000 point card. Another thing I would suggest is looking at a list of upcoming games to make sure there is nothing within the next 1-3 months you might want because as far as I know you can sit on your credits at YF360G forever.

On another note, I did Google Money Tree two days ago (at 00:04, which was probably a mistake on my part!) and haven't got credit yet. They did charge me the $3.88 and it cleared my account yesterday. Hopefully I will get credit today or tomorrow, if not I will probably have to do an MCR. :drool:[/quote]

I wasn't saying anything about doing a return to amazon, just using amazon marketplace. Its amazons "ebay". This seems the best way to get the most gaming out of your money.

[quote name='homeland']I wasn't saying anything about doing a return to amazon, just using amazon marketplace. Its amazons "ebay". This seems the best way to get the most gaming out of your money.[/QUOTE]

True, I forgot about the Amazon Marketplace, probably because of how well integrated it is into Amazon.

On another note, I just got the email half an hour ago saying Google Money Tree credited for me! :bouncy:

I think I am going to do Free Grant Network and possibly At Home Money Experts. Those have credited instantly or near-instantly for others so if both of them do I will be one credit away from two more games! :D

[quote name='41down']do you mean home money experts?[/quote]

Yeah, that's what I meant. Media Mogul Me and Home Money Experts are from the same company, and I actually got the same welcome email (saying Media Mogul Me) from both.

Though, I have done Google Money Tree, and outside of the annoying badgering at cancellation, I never had a problem with it.

[quote name='nyj1218']rig, maybe you can put some kind of red flag on media mogul me and google money tree in the op. just to let people know they might get charged a lot of money and/or have trouble getting credit and/or have trouble canceling the offer. i can see someone coming back to the site after taking a hiatus and then doing one of these offers and getting screwed[/quote]

What do you mean by large charge associated with the offer?

I did update to say this offer is harder than most to cancel, due to their persistance.

[quote name='The0ne']So if you've done one, you can't do the other?[/quote]

You can do them. But Home Money Experts' welcome email comes from "Media Mogul Me". It's the same email that gets sent with the Media Mogul Me offer. Trainn may not accept it as an MCR. I'm currently waiting on one right now, and I don't know how it's gonna go.

If it credits before an MCR, you have nothing to worry about.

I know this might be a bit random but I have been hoping TraInn would add the Wireless Adapter to their choice of games/accessories.

It's $87 off Amazon, which is cheaper than the newest GH bundles and I have been wanting to get one but can't drop the $$ on one at the moment. :cry:

If anyone else wants one (or even have thought about getting one) it would be awesome to put in a ticket asking them to add it. I did so today and will report back what they say when they reply.

[quote name='PopSmith']I know this might be a bit random but I have been hoping TraInn would add the Wireless Adapter to their choice of games/accessories.

It's $87 off Amazon, which is cheaper than the newest GH bundles and I have been wanting to get one but can't drop the $$ on one at the moment. :cry:

If anyone else wants one (or even have thought about getting one) it would be awesome to put in a ticket asking them to add it. I did so today and will report back what they say when they reply.[/quote]

i bought mine used off eBay for $50...worked great, then i sold it for $85...so i'm sure you could find a deal

[quote name='adonis 27']i bought mine used off eBay for $50...worked great, then i sold it for $85...so i'm sure you could find a deal[/QUOTE]

Cool, that is good to know. I will have to do some further searching. :)

what offers have people done with a Visa Gift Card (like from wal-mart or something)...i've done:
EZ Grant Source
Google Money Tree

[quote name='Rig']Yeah, that's what I meant. Media Mogul Me and Home Money Experts are from the same company, and I actually got the same welcome email (saying Media Mogul Me) from both.

Though, I have done Google Money Tree, and outside of the annoying badgering at cancellation, I never had a problem with it.

What do you mean by large charge associated with the offer?

I did update to say this offer is harder than most to cancel, due to their persistance.

You can do them. But Home Money Experts' welcome email comes from "Media Mogul Me". It's the same email that gets sent with the Media Mogul Me offer. Trainn may not accept it as an MCR. I'm currently waiting on one right now, and I don't know how it's gonna go.

If it credits before an MCR, you have nothing to worry about.[/quote]

Hmmm. It's just that I tried to do Media Mogul like a week ago and nothing happens once I get to the confirmation screen. I was never charged (tried cc and gift card) nor did I receive any email. I thought the offer was dead because people here have done it recently and it went through for them. Dunno though.

[quote name='Camwi']Well, I did eSuccess2u and Free Grant Network last night and got the two credits this morning. Everything went smooth as butter.

The first game I ordered is Bladestorm and I can't wait![/quote]

Those are the 2 companies that get the most fraud reports on another site...you sure you're a CAG?

bread's done
Back