Free Xbox 360 Games (from Trainn...who is updating slowly)

[quote name='greyzieoriental']I got another shipment of Easy White today. My card was not charged yet. I did the offer back in 2/18/09 and sent everything back by 3/11/09. I have only been charged the $5.xx on my CC and now 2 months later I got another package and their phone # is out of service. Anyone else have this happen?

Either way I'll be monitoring my CC for little while to see if they try to charge me. Thank god for Delivery Confirmation.[/quote]

I just got a package from Easy White too... did a looong time ago. I still for that cancellation confirmation e-mail thing but I have to find that delivery confirmation of mine lol... Have to try calling them too to see if it helps... If any updates, be sure to let me know!

[quote name='kyleboller']I ordered my prize when the website still had decent offers, instead of shady offers that you little girls fall for and then cry about.[/quote]

As for the offers people were getting screwed on...I haven't had a bad offer yet, and since you last complained about offers they put up several good ones.

I spent $1.97 yesterday for an offer. I consider that beyond decent.

Last edited by a moderator:
lol, shut your fighting my cousins

UPDATE ON THAT EASY WHITE! I guess I called and they said it was a 'shipping error' that my credit card was not being charged. So long as I hadn't opened it, there was no problem. They just said to put 'return to sender' and just have it mailed right back. Try calling them again if you want to make sure, their phones might work now.

Just got my 4000 XBL points code from Amazon about half an hour ago. Worked great, and only a day from when I submitted my order.

Thanks for the info on Easy Google, Kauza. Truly a model CAG!

[quote name='ill_coyote']lol, shut your fighting my cousins

UPDATE ON THAT EASY WHITE! I guess I called and they said it was a 'shipping error' that my credit card was not being charged. So long as I hadn't opened it, there was no problem. They just said to put 'return to sender' and just have it mailed right back. Try calling them again if you want to make sure, their phones might work now.[/QUOTE]

Well I already opened the box to see wtf it was. As long as they don't charge me, I wont be returning it. I still have the RMA email and my delivery confirmation. I'll still monitor my card though for a lil while.

[quote name='greyzieoriental']Well I already opened the box to see wtf it was. As long as they don't charge me, I wont be returning it. I still have the RMA email and my delivery confirmation. I'll still monitor my card though for a lil while.[/quote]

Keep a close eye on things, but also know that you have no legal obligation to return something like this that has been sent to you (at least not according to the FTC). Basically, anything sent to you that you did not order can be considered a free gift legally. However, if it is an honest shipping mistake, then it's up to the company to pay for shipping costs if they want the product back (at least now that you've opened it). If you have a free minute, you might want to call them just so they don't end up charging you down the line, but don't let them try to convince you that you have to pay for it now that you've opened it.

[quote name='Kauza']Alert for people doing Easy Google

I called today to cancel the three offers, and the guy informed me that only two could be canceled at the provided number. The other one, Grant Spring, required cancellation at a different number. Note that he didn't actually mention this until I asked about it, so if you canceled before and didn't ask, you might want to try back just to make sure everything gets canceled.

Here's the Grant Spring number that the guy gave me: 1-888-247-2155. It's a pretty easy cancel, but weird that this seems to contradict their terms.[/quote]

Nice heads up, when i just canceled, he only gave me 2 numbers, and then i remembered there were 3, phew :)

Wow, that's a lot of book club offers. I hate having to send things back, so I try to avoid those... at least the Google site looks super easy.

I like book club offers. I just hate that you have to buy like 4-5 more books within a year or two. Granted, I usually wait and gradually buy them, and sell them on ebay. :D

[quote name='greyzieoriental']I got another shipment of Easy White today. My card was not charged yet. I did the offer back in 2/18/09 and sent everything back by 3/11/09. I have only been charged the $5.xx on my CC and now 2 months later I got another package and their phone # is out of service. Anyone else have this happen?

Either way I'll be monitoring my CC for little while to see if they try to charge me. Thank god for Delivery Confirmation.[/quote]

[quote name='ill_coyote']I just got a package from Easy White too... did a looong time ago. I still for that cancellation confirmation e-mail thing but I have to find that delivery confirmation of mine lol... Have to try calling them too to see if it helps... If any updates, be sure to let me know![/quote]

[quote name='greyzieoriental']Well I already opened the box to see wtf it was. As long as they don't charge me, I wont be returning it. I still have the RMA email and my delivery confirmation. I'll still monitor my card though for a lil while.[/quote]

[quote name='Kauza']Keep a close eye on things, but also know that you have no legal obligation to return something like this that has been sent to you (at least not according to the FTC). Basically, anything sent to you that you did not order can be considered a free gift legally. However, if it is an honest shipping mistake, then it's up to the company to pay for shipping costs if they want the product back (at least now that you've opened it). If you have a free minute, you might want to call them just so they don't end up charging you down the line, but don't let them try to convince you that you have to pay for it now that you've opened it.[/quote]

I had a box waiting for me today when I got home. Opened it up to find Easy White. Ugh. Their number also seems to be out of service. Wonderful.

I don't plan on sending this back. Like you mentioned, Kazua, I'm not obligated to pay for something that I never signed up for. They can always have fun with my credit card company if they do in fact charge me.

If anybody does find a working number, however, I'd love to have it. Even though I'm not sending this back at my expense, I would like to let them know about it.

Got this email from maxx trim. Definitely don't do the maxx trim offer. They will try their best to get your money because you used a gift site. I used a VCC and i canceled it so i dont know where i stand. I was only charged 7 dollars. I donno what is goin to happen to me but be careful and try to stay away.

Hello Because you made your original purchase from a cash/points/gift type of website you are held liable for the entire purchase amount. These website owners posted our "$1 Trial Offer". Both the cash incentive opportunity sites and our purchase terms specifically state that when you participate in these types of special offers you can be held liable for the entire purchase amount. We are one of many companies that do.

The reason is that these types of "offers" are provided at either no charge or at a drastically reduced price. In addition you get paid for ordering a free or discounted product. Our products sell for $49 to $79 per bottle in retails stores. Our $1 offers are not built for your type of purchase whereby you are incetivized with cash to buy our product.

If we and your credit card company allowed this activity, what would stop you from ordering all day long and then cancelling? This is credit card and transaction fraud. Your credit card company forbids card holders from participating in such purchases. If you continue to cancel transactions and call your bank to contest the charges your bank will cancel your credit card and hold you liable to pay for the cost including $30 from them for every trial.

This is a serious problem in the credit card industry right now. Most of the cash/gift/points incentivized sites are illegally posting offers offering cash rewards. They tell you to just cancel afterwards before trial periods end however you are still held legally liable for that purchase especially if you are getting paid to place the order.

Once your "trial period" ends our system will allow us to permanently deactivate your account so that you will no longer see charges on your statement. Therefore it is very important to email us back as soon as you see the first charge on your card which represents the end of the trial period.
please call us to cancel after your trial bill.We can also offer you a way to cancel the trial early Call 1800-423-7166 ask for lisa in billing to end all obligations.

Sincerely,

MSI Consumer Support
800-423-7166

[quote name='taint mcgee']Got this email from maxx trim. Definitely don't do the maxx trim offer. They will try their best to get your money because you used a gift site. I used a VCC and i canceled it so i dont know where i stand. I was only charged 7 dollars. I donno what is goin to happen to me but be careful and try to stay away.

Hello Because you made your original purchase from a cash/points/gift type of website you are held liable for the entire purchase amount. These website owners posted our "$1 Trial Offer". Both the cash incentive opportunity sites and our purchase terms specifically state that when you participate in these types of special offers you can be held liable for the entire purchase amount. We are one of many companies that do.

The reason is that these types of "offers" are provided at either no charge or at a drastically reduced price. In addition you get paid for ordering a free or discounted product. Our products sell for $49 to $79 per bottle in retails stores. Our $1 offers are not built for your type of purchase whereby you are incetivized with cash to buy our product.

If we and your credit card company allowed this activity, what would stop you from ordering all day long and then cancelling? This is credit card and transaction fraud. Your credit card company forbids card holders from participating in such purchases. If you continue to cancel transactions and call your bank to contest the charges your bank will cancel your credit card and hold you liable to pay for the cost including $30 from them for every trial.

This is a serious problem in the credit card industry right now. Most of the cash/gift/points incentivized sites are illegally posting offers offering cash rewards. They tell you to just cancel afterwards before trial periods end however you are still held legally liable for that purchase especially if you are getting paid to place the order.

Once your "trial period" ends our system will allow us to permanently deactivate your account so that you will no longer see charges on your statement. Therefore it is very important to email us back as soon as you see the first charge on your card which represents the end of the trial period.
please call us to cancel after your trial bill.We can also offer you a way to cancel the trial early Call 1800-423-7166 ask for lisa in billing to end all obligations.

Sincerely,

MSI Consumer Support
800-423-7166

[/quote]

That is really weird? To me, that kind of sounds like a threat, like try our product or else! I'm pretty sure THAT is illegal lol....anyways, TRAINN never said to cancel right away, they say to actually try the product thru the trial which means its not transaction fraud...i mean i'm no expert, but that just seems logical to me

Now we know who to blame for the economy: Taint! Grab him!!!

All kidding aside, that is messed up. I haven't looked at the Maxx Trim offer, nor am I an expert, but I doubt they have any grounds, other than the scare tactic.

It is not like Trainn just pulled them out of a hat and Maxx Trim had no idea they were on Trainn's site - they have a business deal. And you didn't break the T&C of the trial (I assume). Trying a trial offer and canceling it if you do not like the product/ service is NOT fraud. (Maybe if you signed up for Max Trim over and over, then yeah, but you're not.)

If I were you, I'd forward that email to Trainn; re-reading is getting me pissed off for you. The third paragraph all but accuses you of fraud, and that is far from cool.

Honestly, if *I* received that, I would reply back (not call - I like to have things in writing) and call them out, so to speak, on the fraud accusations. And I would openly CC the various consumer blog (like theconsumerist.com) and even a few local news channels (usually every major city has one that does their "helping the little guy against big business" type segment). State that, even though you went through Trainn, it was never your intent to defraud them and that you were trying out their service, following their rules, etc. and ask if they accuse all their customers of fraud.

Well...you get the idea. But I would definitely forward this to Trainn and The Consumerist.

They changed the TOS after most people did it. If anyone needs it, here's the original TOS for MaxxTrim. Just in case they charge you, you can dispute it.

http://74.125.47.132/search?q=cache:ILoms4dOL0EJ:www.maxxtrim.com/maxxtrim_promo/agreement_returns.htm+%22Each+time+you+purchase+a+20-Day+Maxx+Trim+Risk-Free+Trial+for+%241,+you+agree+to+the+following+terms:%22&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

If you did it before April 11th and are having trouble, that should help you.

Also, most freebie sites are aware of the problems with these offers and have pulled them. A few still haven't, but I'm sure they'll pull them soon enough.

[quote name='missyts1']They changed the TOS after most people did it. [/quote]

I KNEW it! The TOS I linked to when I posted the offer details has BS in it I wouldn't have completed the offer had it been there originally. Those satchels...

[quote name='taint mcgee']Got this email from maxx trim. Definitely don't do the maxx trim offer. They will try their best to get your money because you used a gift site. I used a VCC and i canceled it so i dont know where i stand. I was only charged 7 dollars. I donno what is goin to happen to me but be careful and try to stay away.
[/quote]

It appears that the company is trying to reclaim lost profits by scaring consumers with this crap. Don't let them do it.

The company indeed did change the TOS, after most of the people here did those offers. The company president is a guy named Ted Collins: a real arrogant ass, from what it sounds like. He's been sending out emails to incentive site participants and accusing them of transaction fraud. It's a baseless claim, so don't panic and don't let them get away with it. He's just trying to make people think that they've done something wrong, when in reality he is selling an ineffective product at ridiculous prices--and probably isn't selling enough of them.

As missyts1 said, freebie sites are aware of this company and are removing their offers. But if you're having trouble with them, you may want to ask for a response from Ted Collins in your email: make the guy answer for what he's trying to do, because it's obviously he who is attempting fraud here. There's also a number below that might work better than the regular MSI number, which is apparently getting hammered.

941-806-8722

Anyone who did Maxx Trim or any other MSI offer needs to keep a really close eye on this. Save the link that missyts1 posted and be prepared to take it to your credit card company. In addition, this is one situation where I would indeed advise contacting the BBB, as any charges made under these conditions would be 100% illegal. Contacting the BBB might not do anything at all, but it's better than sitting back and doing nothing while MSI gets away with this.

wow... as a guy who just got done with the big trislim/colocure ordeal, im really sorry to hear the trouble you guys are going through with maxx trim. i hope everything goes ok in the end for you guys. these offers are just getting worse and worse.

also, which offers are from the MSI company? i wanna make sure i havent done any recently.

[quote name='41down']wow... as a guy who just got done with the big trislim/colocure ordeal, im really sorry to hear the trouble you guys are going through with maxx trim. i hope everything goes ok in the end for you guys. these offers are just getting worse and worse.

also, which offers are from the MSI company? i wanna make sure i havent done any recently.[/quote]

I know of these 3: Hoodia Maxx, EndureRX, and Maxx Trim.

I'm one of the lucky ones who didn't do one, but I've had refs who did them so I've been trying to help them out.

I also want to add, they just added 'Slim Seduction' to Trainn. Be cautious with this offer, they charged me $80 cause I didn't return it within their time frame, and it took me 3 months to get my money back. (Multiple calls and faxes to the company, BBB reports, and credit card disputes. 3 freakin months. Was annoying.) Also, be prepared to wait on hld for at least 30 minutes when calling them, I sat there for an hour and 20 minutes one of the times I called them. They don't respond to their e-mails. (I tried 4 different e-mail addresses for the company.) Unless they have drastically changed, I would say don't do it.

I just noticed Herbalife offer was back up. I just wanted to mention that you need to return the bottle or they charge you $43.00.

So make sure you cancel a few days before the 14 day trial is up and call for a RMA#.

Their customer support can be hard to get a hold of during peak hours. However, the people that work there were very nice and helpful.

Thanks a lot for the advice guys. I'll keep my eye on it. I accidentally had the wrong address so i probably wont even get the product. This is gonna be such a mess. I keep emailing and calling them and leaving messages, but no one responds.

As a word of caution, I'd advise people to do what I do: When you sign up for offers, copy and paste all of the T&C into a word document.

I'm not sure what legal ground it'd have, but if they pull a "Change the T&C" under your nose like Maxx Trim, you'll be able to call BS on them faster.

ugh, they already took down Easy Google :(...i was gonna have my gf do it

EDIT: Also, just did BOCM2 on 1 of TRAINN's other sites, and got credit within 5 min...used a pre-paid gift card

When it comes to any of the offers, legit company or possibly otherwise, I make damn sure to save the offer Terms in a word document or email. PlumeNoir is right, it might not give you much legally, but it does help to have in case something goes awry.

Anyway, while I know this offer has been discussed, anyone who hasn't done "ID Watchdog" yet should give it a try. It credited right quick and it allowed the use of a VCC.

And last but not least, is it me, or did the Easy Google offer disappear almost as fast as it showed up? I think it lasted, what, about three days? Anyone have an idea as to why some of these very good offers disappear so soon? I was to try that one this morning but it was gone by then...

[quote name='politiclaw']

And last but not least, is it me, or did the Easy Google offer disappear almost as fast as it showed up? I think it lasted, what, about three days? Anyone have an idea as to why some of these very good offers disappear so soon? I was to try that one this morning but it was gone by then...[/quote]

Probably because the company realized what they were getting into by paying high for a cheap trial only to have a bunch of people sign up and cancel. I guess they lost too much money.

[quote name='missyts1']Probably because the company realized what they were getting into by paying high for a cheap trial only to have a bunch of people sign up and cancel. I guess they lost too much money.[/QUOTE]

I seriously doubt it was for that reason.

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']Ugh I sent my MCR for ID Watchdog on the 20th and I have yet to receive credit. I better not get screwed out of this credit.[/quote]

The 10 business day turnaround for MCRs would put you at today or Monday depending one how TRAINN handles the first day filed.

That said, they have been taking longer to respond to MCRs and Support Tickets I've sent in lately.

[quote name='KingofOldSchool']Ugh I sent my MCR for ID Watchdog on the 20th and I have yet to receive credit. I better not get screwed out of this credit.[/quote]

Did my MCR the same day, but most MCR's have been running closer to 15 or more business days for me lately.

[quote name='SylvianLight']easy google only gave me one cancellation #, i told them to cancel 2 offers, any way to double check?[/quote]

Call them back, they gave me 2 cancellation numbers, then I called the other number a member posted here earlier ( [FONT=&quot]1-888-247-2155[/FONT] to cancel the 3rd offer, Grant Spring)

Easy Google told me the one cancellation number was for Easy Google and Safe Lock ID. I had to call the other number to get a cancellation number for Grant Spring.

[quote name='FluxDF']Easy Google told me the one cancellation number was for Easy Google and Safe Lock ID. I had to call the other number to get a cancellation number for Grant Spring.[/quote]

Same here

Weird. I got 2 cancellation #s. One for Easy Google and another for Safe Lock. The last 2 #s are different. Cancellation was a breeze :) but I waited in line for some time like 10 mins.

He also gave me a Phone # to call and cancel Grant Spring, which is the same other members in this forum are giving. I didn't have to wait for an agent to answer but I could not understand the lady. :booty:

Sounds like my exact same experience. Both easy cancels, but the first one was a long wait and the other was a language challenge.

anyone else having trouble getting through to easy google? ive tried calling like 5 times and keeps telling me to call back during business hours, but it is business hours.

edit: nvm i was finally able to get through and cancel.

kind of random, but has any1 ever used a pre-paid gift card for Gamefly? I plan on actually using the trial period, its just that i have a pre-paid gift card with $10 left and i rather use it on something like an offer

bread's done
Back