Free Xbox 360 Games (from Trainn...who is updating slowly)

[quote name='popemogoth']Any word on this 2nd update?[/QUOTE]

wondering the same thing...tomorrow is the last day of august so i doubt theres gonna be 2 august updates...

^ I did it like 4 days ago but....haven't gotten credit for it. I registered used my free 3 minutes and added a $1. No clue why I didn't get credit yet.

[quote name='Finess']^ I did it like 4 days ago but....haven't gotten credit for it. I registered used my free 3 minutes and added a $1. No clue why I didn't get credit yet.[/QUOTE]

it takes 5-7 business days to credit

[quote name='Finess']Thanks alc, did you do the Keen offer??

@Johnny: I think I remember someone saying it was like $40-50 bucks.[/QUOTE]

nah i havent done the Keen offer. i was gonna try it a few days ago but they asked for your cc before you pick a card/reading, so i was waiting for someone to do it

Is anyone having trouble closing the Double Day account. I tried and they sent me back an email saying that I must first purchase four books, but I thought I did that when I first made the account.

[quote name='atomicblaster220']Is anyone having trouble closing the Double Day account. I tried and they sent me back an email saying that I must first purchase four books, but I thought I did that when I first made the account.[/QUOTE]

If it's a book club you probably need to send back the first books you ordered to get a refund and cancel.

[quote name='atomicblaster220']Is anyone having trouble closing the Double Day account. I tried and they sent me back an email saying that I must first purchase four books, but I thought I did that when I first made the account.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, have you never heard of how a book, cd, or movie club works. They essentially give you several items in the beginning for next to nothing with the expectation that you'll buy a specific number at regular club prices within a designated amount of time. If you want to get out of the DoubleDay offer, you needed to request to return the initial shipment (which you only have a limited number of days to do).

Honestly though, for anyone who enjoys reading, it's a pretty good offer. You end up getting like 6 books for $22 to start (assuming you take them up on the offer to buy your first "club price" book at a discount of $5.99). Then, you only need to buy 3 more within a year, which you can get for about $33 total. $55 for 9 hardcover books is a great deal IMO.

Now, if Trainn would ever do their "2nd August update" which has now become a regular September update. I want release date delivery on NHL10, dammit! Maybe I'll go tweet them about that.

Trainn just responded to my question about the update on Twitter. This is what they said.

NHL 10 & other September releases should be up in the next day or two. Release day shipping will likely be available for NHL 10!

They also made this fairly interesting tweet.

Our next site will be launched this Friday (9/4)! Be on the look out Friday afternoon for all of the details!

Any ideas? Another game site? Or something lame like "yourfreeiphone3gs"?

[quote name='n8rockerasu'] Any ideas? Another game site? Or something lame like "yourfreeiphone3gs"?[/QUOTE]

I saw that also. It's gonna be for Zunes!

[quote name='alc919']im having trouble with credit report crediting anyone else have problems with it ?[/QUOTE]

I did it a week ago and it never credited. MCRs don't look possible either because the email you receive doesn't provide enough info.

[quote name='The0ne']I did it a week ago and it never credited. MCRs don't look possible either because the email you receive doesn't provide enough info.[/QUOTE]

i just got credit today 9/3. signed up on monday.

[quote name='alc919']i just got credit today 9/3. signed up on monday.[/QUOTE]

When you signed up, did you do anything other than entering your personal info for the credit report? Like, once you had your membership, did you do anything once you were logged in?

[quote name='The0ne']When you signed up, did you do anything other than entering your personal info for the credit report? Like, once you had your membership, did you do anything once you were logged in?[/QUOTE]

nope

[quote name='Finess']^ I did it like 4 days ago but....haven't gotten credit for it. I registered used my free 3 minutes and added a $1. No clue why I didn't get credit yet.[/QUOTE]

have u gotten credit for keen?

Would anyone care to Tweet them about whether or not there will be release date shipping for Beatles Rock Band? I don't use Twitter, and it seems like they respond to tweets faster than support tickets.

[quote name='Rocko']Would anyone care to Tweet them about whether or not there will be release date shipping for Beatles Rock Band? I don't use Twitter, and it seems like they respond to tweets faster than support tickets.[/QUOTE]

This is a straight assumption, but I can't imagine them having release date delivery for Batman: AA and NOT for Beatles: RB. I guess I've just been assuming that it would have it and I'd be getting the game on the 9th. It would blow my mind if they don't do release date for Beatles.

[quote name='alc919']have u gotten credit for keen?[/QUOTE]

Nope those son of a....

When they say purchase a reading doesn't that mean buying more minutes?? because that's what I did. :whistle2:#

[quote name='SylvianLight']i signed up for credit report and so did my friend and neither of us got credit either[/QUOTE]

I did creditreport on the 26th of August and never received credit either. The email that you receive doesn't give enough info and unless CR can do custom emails stating your ID, date of sign-up, etc, an MCR isn't even possible.

try sending an email to creditreport asking them if the can send u a confimation email saying u signed up because you dont know if successfully signed up or some crap like that

[quote name='alc919']try sending an email to creditreport asking them if the can send u a confimation email saying u signed up because you dont know if successfully signed up or some crap like that[/QUOTE]

I have and the email they sent me does not provide enough information. It just tells you your name and something about your report being active. No sign up date, member ID, etc. I have contacted TRAINN about this too and all they have said is that they need these things. I sent a reply explaining.

Yeah, so much for the "next couple days" that they told me. Glad I had no interest in getting GH5. They've got a week before NHL10 is released.

[quote name='Rig']If you guys are going to open second (or more) accounts, you just have to watch what you do:

Use a different email address.
Pretty much a given.

Use a different address.
Also a given. If you were to have two accounts open and sending items from both to the same address, it would be very easy to spot.

Use a different IP address.
Make sure you don't confuse your two accounts and sign in with one at both places. If you have [email protected] for home, and [email protected] for apartment, don't sign in with a at your apartment!

I'd say, possibly, use a different credit card. But, I have successfully had multiple (four or five) accounts and used my same two credit cards on all of them without issue.[/QUOTE]

Only one account may be pursued per site per person, per location, per household is allowed.

I wanted to have my wife do one of TraInn's other sites. If I didn't have an account with said site could she use the same address? Their "one per" language confuses me.

So, if we're expecting release date delivery on Beatles: RB, when should we expect to have our orders updated to "shipped" status? I'm getting antsy about this, haha. Must...play...Beatles...now!!! :)

[quote name='FluxDF']I wanted to have my wife do one of TraInn's other sites. If I didn't have an account with said site could she use the same address? Their "one per" language confuses me.[/QUOTE]

I'm almost certain to do another Trainn site, you have to use the same account information that you are using on YF360. I'm not 100% on this, but I believe that's the case.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']So, if we're expecting release date delivery on Beatles: RB, when should we expect to have our orders updated to "shipped" status? I'm getting antsy about this, haha. Must...play...Beatles...now!!! :)[/QUOTE]
I got the shipped notice for Arkham Asylum on the 24th and I received it on the 25th. So probably tomorrow, if it's release date shipping, to arrive on Wednesday.

[quote name='FluxDF']I wanted to have my wife do one of TraInn's other sites. If I didn't have an account with said site could she use the same address? Their "one per" language confuses me.[/QUOTE]

I doubt that they'd have a problem with it, since (I hope) they know better than to think you set up a separate identity and credit cards in a woman's name.

Having said that, I used different email addresses for YF360G and the PS3 sites, if only for my benefit of keeping offers sorted. Of course, it was still my name and all the other details were the same, but I never had a problem.

It couldn't hurt to ask Trainn, but since she'd be using one site and you're using another, it's obvious you're not trying to defraud them with sockpuppet accounts. Even if you used all your own info, you'd still be able to do the same deals on both sites - I accidentally did this twice on the 18 offers I did for the PS3 (big no-no).

"Only one account may be pursued per site per person, per location, per household is allowed."
I agree it is worded oddly. What they're saying (I believe) is for website X, only person A can have an account at address A - no one else should be using the service at that address for website X. For website Y, person B can have an account at address A, but only person B and no one else should use address A for website Y. (I hope that makes some sense...)

[quote name='PlumeNoir']Even if you used all your own info, you'd still be able to do the same deals on both sites - I accidentally did this twice on the 18 offers I did for the PS3 (big no-no).[/QUOTE]

I know its possible to do the same offers from site to site, but it shouldn't be done right? That's the reason I wanted my wife to pursue the other site. I've done all the cheap offers through YF360. But if I could do the same offers I would just do the other site myself.

[quote name='FluxDF']I know its possible to do the same offers from site to site, but it shouldn't be done right? That's the reason I wanted my wife to pursue the other site. I've done all the cheap offers through YF360. But if I could do the same offers I would just do the other site myself.[/QUOTE]

Right - I should have been clearer on that. Trainn's side won't stop you from doing an offer on one site and the same one again on another (since they're two different account), but sometimes the advertiser's side will stop you, and sometimes it won't.

But I believe that it is considered a bannable offence and if you're considering "re-doing" an offer, have your wife do it, just to be safe.

[quote name='mcgavin27']yeah, I am getting ancy as well for my Beatles still not being shipped. C'mon shipping notice tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

Tomorrow? fuck that! I want a shipping notice today. The game will be out tomorrow.

Although with TRAINN still not updating the games for September, it makes me nervous that they're not even paying attention to their games site. Seems that offering free Zunes is more important.

[quote name='Rocko']Someone Twitter them. Tweet. Whatever.[/QUOTE]

All right, this is what I asked.

Just wondering if you guys placed the Beatles: Rock Band orders in time for release date delivery. Game comes out tomorrow.

I hate the idea of asking them questions every other day, because answering takes time away from actually doing what we're wanting them to do. But in this case, if the orders haven't been placed by now, nobody will be getting this game till probably Monday, and might as well go to the store and just buy it. I submitted mine on 8/23, so I really hope they would have put in the order already. I guess we'll see.

Woohoo! Just got my shipping email for Beatles: RB. Hope that means it'll be here tomorrow!!! :) No response from TRAINN on Twitter, btw. Just a random email out of nowhere.

I'm still holding off ordering because I want to know if they're going to do a Guitar Hero 5 bundle, like they did with II and III. I'm also distantly hoping that they add a DJ Hero bundle which would seal the deal for that order. Otherwise, I'll just order up Beatles Rock Band.

bread's done
Back