Free Xbox 360 Games (from Trainn...who is updating slowly)

ID Promise seems good. Any other low-cost, low-hassle offers you guys might recommend?

-Thx

[quote name='Hostile 17']It's been awhile since I've used YF360G and was wondering if anyone could give me any advice on good, easy trials to use for Red Dead. I've already done the following:

yf360.gif

Any good ones I missed?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='macjz212']I noticed that ID Promise goes through ProtectMyID.com. I did ProtectMyID back in '08 and got credit. Has anyone gotten credit for both these offers without anything being reversed?[/QUOTE]

I got credit for both, yes. However, I was charged the 9.97 + tax this time which was not refunded when I canceled. That's b/c I did ProtectMyID a couple years back like you, hence I couldn't get the trial this time. But again, I still received credit.

mando

Looks like there was just an update:

NCAA 11
Crackdown 2
Naval Assault
Deathsmiles LE
Toy Story 3
Field & Stream
Transformers
Lego Harry Potter
Naughty Bear
Singularity
Sniper
Tiger 11

are on there now. Maybe some new ones too. I can't remember what the cutoff was for the last update.

I should really use these credits soon. Maybe I'll pick up deathsmiles even though I don't really know anything about the game. Looks like some cool stuff is included with the LE though. Can't see there being a deal on that anytime soon.

just canceled identity guard and the csr didnt hassle me at all. she was really nice and canceled my account in less than 2 mins.

an offer called truecredit is up

is it really ok to keep doing these offers? i assume it is. everytime i check my score it's really high.

I just did ID promise and got instant credit. Will I need to cancel anything for it? I've been looking all over the website and have not found anything.

Just getting back into the free games ...game. Would anyone be so kind as to refer me to a couple of easy/low hassle/cheap trials to complete? I needs me some Crackdown 2 :)
Thanks !

Does the offers like id promise require you to use your social security number?

also confused about this. Lets say i signed up for an offer- ex. chemistry.com . you sign up -emial passoword but don't pay . and after few days you sign up for the same offer with different email id (since the first time email address was already used up), and complete it, can you get credit for that offer?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='killadrilla']I did both of them (protectmyid back in 08, idpromise a couple days ago), and both have credited, but not sure if they will reverse it yet[/QUOTE]

question id guard/promise offer you did last week.
Do you have to use SSN?

[quote name='ufo18']question id guard/promise offer you did last week.
Do you have to use SSN?[/QUOTE]

yea i'm pretty sure you do for both of them

Question for those that have done eMusic. I signed up Sunday evening. I still haven't gotten an email from them and I am unable to sign in to the emusic site. I have no password and if I click on forgot my password, it says that there is no account with my email address. I went through all of the steps during signup, aside from the magazine trial as well.

Did something get messed up, or is this normal? I do see a pending 1 cent charge on my card, so I'm guessing it will be ok.

Thanks.

[quote name='Lokki']Question for those that have done eMusic. I signed up Sunday evening. I still haven't gotten an email from them and I am unable to sign in to the emusic site. I have no password and if I click on forgot my password, it says that there is no account with my email address. I went through all of the steps during signup, aside from the magazine trial as well.

Did something get messed up, or is this normal? I do see a pending 1 cent charge on my card, so I'm guessing it will be ok.

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Samething happebned to me.

I signed up. no conf. email, etc and few minutes later i got a call from my bank saying someone is trying to charge you, i think it was emusic, but i asked him to cancel that charge. i signed up again and same thing happened. i emailed trainn yesterday abt this. you do the same so they will know its happening to everyone./

Does your account max out at 2 credits or does the system know you have 2+ credits and the screen just doesn't show it. I have one credit now and just did an offer this morning. Can I do another offer or should I wait until I order something and reset my account?

Thanks!

[quote name='ufo18']Samething happebned to me.

I signed up. no conf. email, etc and few minutes later i got a call from my bank saying someone is trying to charge you, i think it was emusic, but i asked him to cancel that charge. i signed up again and same thing happened. i emailed trainn yesterday abt this. you do the same so they will know its happening to everyone./[/QUOTE]

Did you ever hear back from TRAINN? I'm still unable to login to eMusic and still no email from them either. I put in a support ticket with TRAINN, but haven't heard anything from them either.

trainn shipped a game to me using USPS..not UPS..strange! lol i was looking for a UPS truck for the past 2 days lol

[quote name='SylvianLight']what's the # for ID promise? I need to call and cancel.[/QUOTE]

1-866-960-6943

they close at 6pm pacific today

Anyone done this one yet? If so, what did they charge up front and did they refund ur money fully? How fast did it credit? Any help would be great, thx.

mando

i used to use this site back in 08 but havent in a while...

how quickly does train complete orders and have things shipped to you these days?

oh, and is the trucredit deal a 30 day free trial?

[quote name='max pl']i used to use this site back in 08 but havent in a while...

how quickly does train complete orders and have things shipped to you these days?

oh, and is the trucredit deal a 30 day free trial?[/QUOTE]

TrueCredit, from what I've read, is not free, but 14.95 upfront. There's no free trial with this one.

TRAINN has been awesome to me as they have 99% of the time shipped their games within one or two days. And offers usually credit pretty quickly. Some faster than others. Just depends which ones.

mando

thanks.

yeah i didnt do truecredit, i chose to do ID Promise since i actually decided to read the previous few pages and a few people said it was an easy one.
shows i got credit for it but now i have two completed offers showing as not completed; they went blank.

[quote name='mando6599']TrueCredit, from what I've read, is not free, but 14.95 upfront. There's no free trial with this one.

TRAINN has been awesome to me as they have 99% of the time shipped their games within one or two days. And offers usually credit pretty quickly. Some faster than others. Just depends which ones.

mando[/QUOTE]

it might have been 99% for you, but it's been 50/50 for me. i received two games painlessly, but i've also had one game never ship and one game shipped to the wrong place. in both of those cases it was also a hassle to contact them through support tickets, taking a week for just an acknowledgment then more weeks for a solution.

[quote name='nolrootltoe']it might have been 99% for you, but it's been 50/50 for me. i received two games painlessly, but i've also had one game never ship and one game shipped to the wrong place. in both of those cases it was also a hassle to contact them through support tickets, taking a week for just an acknowledgment then more weeks for a solution.[/QUOTE]

Your very right about the hassle with tickets, agreed. However, almost all my games or points have arrived without a hitch. Great and awesome.

So far, the last two MCR's of mine have credited after 8-10 days; didn't even need to put in a Support Ticket asking about them!

One more credit short of another game. Prolly gonna sit in my account until something good shows up.

Yeah, I had to put in a MCR for eMusic yesterday. I'm not sure what I'll end up getting. I may hold on to my credits for a bit.

Just finished with Purity and did Postal yesterday to get my next 4000 MS pts. Both credited instantly, so yeah. Sadly, I registered for the Equifax CR and no instant credit. We'll see about that one. Just an update. Later.

mando
EDIT: Just noticed Equifax has now credited to my account. No "offer-completed" email, but this will suffice!

EDIT: Family Save has now credited, but they went ahead and charged both 4.47 and 13.85. I've never been a member before so I'm hoping they follow their T&C and refund full price within the first 30 days. I will keep those interested updated.

Filed a MCR for Equifax Credit Watch on May 21st & received no credit. Opened a support ticket on May 28th & as of now still no credit. This the first time this happened to me. Wish they sent me a cancellation e-mail. Damn.

Man I've had credit for another game for nearly a year now....can't ever seem to bite on anything.

If I don't order a game before it is releasedt, I can't make myself get it. Should have picked up RDR, especially with the golden guns that some people got....

Hey guys, I used to post on here like crazy then law school hit for the year....and no time. I'm thinking about firing it up again for the summer, but last I remember the site was really going down hill. Is it worth trying again?

I don't think the site ever went that downhill...people just got greedy. Through all the moaning and complaining I continued to get "free" games. Just had to work harder on offers etc, but at the end of the day spending 8-12 bucks for a game is great. Sure it used to be $3-4, but it's still a deal.

Add to that the complaints about release day shipping not happening on certain games etc...and there's the "site going downhill"

Do they take forever to respond to tickets etc...yup, but it's all worth it IMO.

[quote name='Kent K25']I don't think the site ever went that downhill...people just got greedy. Through all the moaning and complaining I continued to get "free" games. Just had to work harder on offers etc, but at the end of the day spending 8-12 bucks for a game is great. Sure it used to be $3-4, but it's still a deal.

Add to that the complaints about release day shipping not happening on certain games etc...and there's the "site going downhill"

Do they take forever to respond to tickets etc...yup, but it's all worth it IMO.[/QUOTE]

I see what you're saying, when I bailed in like...October, it seemed like there were hardly any offers, let alone free ones, that were worth doing, they would post 9 new offers, half of which were like $50, games weren't being updated, etc. I could care less about release day shipping and ticket responses, because frankly, yea it's a cheap game.

So you're saying it's worth jumping in again? I went through the offers and saw 7 potential good ones. If you sort by "new," the last 4 pages are pretty awful haha.

[quote name='JohnnyOnTheSpot']I see what you're saying, when I bailed in like...October, it seemed like there were hardly any offers, let alone free ones, that were worth doing, they would post 9 new offers, half of which were like $50, games weren't being updated, etc. I could care less about release day shipping and ticket responses, because frankly, yea it's a cheap game.

So you're saying it's worth jumping in again? I went through the offers and saw 7 potential good ones. If you sort by "new," the last 4 pages are pretty awful haha.[/QUOTE]

Like I said in an earlier post, I've recently done the Postal Dog Treats, Purity Minerals, Equifax, and Family Care. Equifax, if cancelled w/in 7 days, is free. Postal is 20, but you may return unused amount for a full refund, per T&C, w/in 20 days of order. Purity is 8.95, non-refundable, but all you'll have to do is ship back remaining make-up b4 next shipment. Family Care is 18 up front, but all is refundable if canceled w/in first 30 days. I actually talked to an agent for this company before doing this offer to make sure.

So basically I'll be spending around 15 bucks for 100 dollars of MS points, which is what I ordered. I do agree that there are less offers that are less expensive, so you have to be picky, yes. There are actually two new offers up just today that are free or very cheap, Onlingo and Living Christian. Check 'em out. Later

mando

[quote name='Lokki']Yeah, I had to put in a MCR for eMusic yesterday. I'm not sure what I'll end up getting. I may hold on to my credits for a bit.[/QUOTE]

i got emusic confirmation email almost 10 days later. did you get credit for emusic yet after filing MCR?;)

I just completed the Living Christian trial, and got an instant credit!

Living Christian
Cost: $6.95
Trial Duration: 14 days
Cancellation Number: 1-800-935-5643
Notes: You must return the product to them within the trial period, and you must call to cancel within the trial period. I got instant credit.

[quote name='Rig']I just completed the Living Christian trial, and got an instant credit!

Living Christian
Cost: $6.95
Trial Duration: 14 days
Cancellation Number: 1-800-935-5643
Notes: You must return the product to them within the trial period, and you must call to cancel within the trial period. I got instant credit.[/QUOTE]

I am getting order I'd error all the time!

So im looking at some of the new offers, some of them seem to be good.

The Steelers Shot Glass looks like its only $2.95

Purity Minerals seems to be $9 but gotta return the product

Christian Living looks good too

Have not done them, but plan on doing that soon.

[quote name='shniqueter']So im looking at some of the new offers, some of them seem to be good.

The Steelers Shot Glass looks like its only $2.95

Purity Minerals seems to be $9 but gotta return the product

Christian Living looks good too

Have not done them, but plan on doing that soon.[/QUOTE]

The only thing that makes me hesitant on the shot glass offer and the bball card offer is that there's no visible cancellation number, company name, etc. within the T&C or anywhere for that matter. If anyone here does these, which seem like a really great deal, let us know if they send a confirmation email with cancellation numbers, etc. Thanks.

I'm gonna go ahead and do the shot glass thing. What i've been doing with these deals is using the paypal secure cards and cancelling them as soon as they've been charged the first amount.

I'll let you know how it goes.

[quote name='mando6599']The only thing that makes me hesitant on the shot glass offer and the bball card offer is that there's no visible cancellation number, company name, etc. within the T&C or anywhere for that matter. If anyone here does these, which seem like a really great deal, let us know if they send a confirmation email with cancellation numbers, etc. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

I did that offer this morning and undid git the confirmation email .

Finally...I got credit for Equifax! While it was a bit of pain to get the credit, the reward of games for free or cheap outweighs the negatives. Credit check offers > other offers

bread's done
Back